Fifth Third Bank / 53.com Logo

Fifth Third Bank / 53.com

Having problems with Fifth Third Bank / 53.com?

+1 866 671 5353 (Customer Service)
+1 513 579 5353 (International)
+1 800 972 3030 (Personal)
+1 877 534 2264 (Business)
+1 866 475 0729 (Commercial)
+1 800 782 0279 (Lost & Stolen)
+1 866 351 5353 (Home Loan Or Refinance)
+1 866 531 4249 (Open A New Account)
38 Fountain Square Plaza
Cincinnati, Ohio
Written Correspondence

For Mortgage Loans
Fifth Third Bank, Mortgage Disputes, 5050 Kingsley Dr., MD № 1MOCFP
Cincinnati, OH 45263

For All Other Accounts
Fifth Third Bank, 5050 Kingsley Dr., MD № 1MOCOP, Cincinnati, OH 45263

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fifth Third Bank / 53.com.

Complaints & Reviews

Fifth Third Bankcustomer service and communications

For starters, I still have access to someone else's account!!! I have asked to be taken off as a signer for over 3 years, so when I went to enroll my CC for online banking, I was immediately given full access to this persons account with almost $40, 000. I then started to use my CC for cash and purchases and got an email confirmation of suspicious activity. I confirmed this was me. Yesterday I received a letter from 5/3 stating my account had been suspended. I called, waited in the que, prompted the system for a call back and then the csr promptly asked "how can I make your day 5/3
better?" I explained my scenario, and was transferred to "on hold land". So again explained and the CSR said there was no hold...30 minutes wasted. I asked for a supervisor and Juanita - the rudest person in the world, snotty and short assisted me. I said I wasted 30 minutes with them and I want compensated or made happy. "we don't do that! was the response. I said I wanted someone else, she said we are the ones that work for this person and do not transfer calls. I asked for my balance and advised I was closing the account due to bad service every time I have any interaction...this is not the first time I have dealt with them. I had State Savings and never had issues. 5/3 bought them out and nothing but headaches, mixed up accounts and issues. I still have access to this persons account and have told every person I have interacted with ...they just look at me like I am crazy...you would think if I had been accidently given access to someone else's $40, 000.00 they would have some sort of a pulse and take action...I think they need to have a huge government audit of their practices as I would never feel secure to have any monies in their system. The made my life 5/3 worse. I am advising everyone at my company (42, 000 +) and all my friends and fb friends to pull their business interested from this company...

Fifth Third Bank — credit card

Fifth Third Bank offered me a balance transfer offer that included a "special" 3% balance transfer fee (many...

Fifth Third Bankcustomer service - super rude

I'll make this brief: Called Customer Service (Paige in Cincinnati) to get an issue resolved. Tried my best to explain the need - had to interject several times to clarify my questions/needs and was instead told I was "continuing to interrupt her" and so I was made to feel that I was at fault somehow. Super rude for a Customer Service rep. Bottom line the issue was resolved but I was left with bad feelings about Fifth Third. And based on the large number of complaints I found for 'Poor Customer Service', it looks like a significant problem area for Fifth Third!

Fifth Third Bankhighway robbery overdraft fees

I need to know why your company thinks it makes sense to charge me a pending over draft fee. You already charged me the over draft fee, fine I get that. But if I over drafted I clearly do not have any money! Why do you charge me more and more and put me further into debt if you want me to get back into a positive balance on my account??? How can you people do that??? I clearly didn't have the money in the first place and an automatic payment got taken out and I understand that's my
      Responsibility to make sure I have enough in my account but when I don't I don't! The $37 was fine but sure charge $74 and make my account farther into the negatives so that I can struggle even more to pay you back!!! That makes so much sense. Thank you for being a terrible money grubbing capitalistic corporation. I will be closing my account with you because I think that's absolutely insane that you will keep charging me while i'm waiting to get paid so I can pay the original money that got taken out and the first overdraft fee. Thank you for sucking.

Fifth Third Bank — unethical behavior

To Whom It May Concern, I would like to give an overview of my experience on May 31, 2017. My husband and...

Fifth Third Bankcustomer service

I contacted my Fifth Third customer service and spoke with a woman named "Majda". I cannot put into words how rude this woman was. My husband and I live 2 hours away from the closest Fifth Third bank and yet we have kept our account open because we usually have good customer service and it is easy to pay my bills through our Fifth Third account. We close on a house tomorrow and needed help getting access to our money so we would not have to drive 2 hours. Majda was very rude and kept interrupting me when I was asking for some information and was negative. Every word she said was "NO, You cannot do that, " so I replied to her "well I guess since I cannot do anything, then I will just switch banks, " and she replied with "OK" and hung up the phone on me. So needless to say, I will be closing my accounts with Fifth Third!! Very disappointed.

Fifth Third Bank — metal detectors

Hello, I am writing about the Fifth Third Bank located on 1606 E. 79th St. Chicago, IL. 60649. I entered the...

Fifth Third Bankfifth third bank

Hello Sir/Ma'am,

I am actually writing on behalf of my aunt who made a transfer from Norway on the 4th of April, 2017 to a beneficiaries account whom is an account holder in your financial institution(Fifth third bank). The said beneficiary told my aunt the transfer hit his account on the 12th of April, 2017 but it has been placed under restriction and that i would take up to 45 days for the restriction to be lifted, I find the claim rather strange because i find it hard to believe. My aunt is scared she might have lost her money. Whoever answers back should please affirm whether or not what the beneficiary seems to be saying is true in every sense of the word.

• Tj
              tjgabes May 27, 2017

What he is saying may or may not be true in every sense of the word. If you know what I mean. Giggity.

Fifth Third Bankservice at 5/3 bank on marco island

The service at 5/3 Bank on Marco Island is horrible. For some reason all of the regular tellers are gone and this has effected the service. You stand in long lines and wait forever at the drive in window. In our office we all hate to take the deposit to the bank because we know that it will take an hour and you end up with nothing but frustration. When you ask about it you are told that everyone is out to lunch. I don't think so when it is around 3:00 to 5:00 in the afternoon. Two tellers for both the walk-in and drive through. Not enough! Something has happened and you need to take charge and get that location staffed. I bet that if the executives from 5/3 went there it would be changed real fast!

• Updated by 5/3 · Apr 20, 2017

5/3rd need to hire people at Marco Island Branch

Fifth Third Bank — early access

Lying staff! I specifically asked a Customer Service rep while I was at the bank if my direct deposit is LESS...

Fifth Third Bank — checking

On March 17, 2017 I deposited $1000.00 into my personal checking account., [protected]. On March 20, 20147 I...

Fifth Third Bank — predatory fees and deposit blocks on business checking

I have been dealing with this banks overdraft fees for a long time. I have both personal and busine...

Fifth Third Bank — making money for extended hold on checks

The FDIC act for holding certain deposits (check to checking, image to checking) for a period of time wa...

Fifth Third Bank — new here:)

I've been trying to get a home refinance done. I started in October of last year. I'm now on my third person...

Fifth Third Bankbanking

Horrible bank! Do not bank here under any circumstances! Better to have a prepaid account. Serve with Amex is best.
              I made a $10.87 payroll check deposit, the AtM ..Stopped working in mode of transaction. ATM machine is attached to bank, the bank would not open the AtM and get check had to do a 20 day claim over a $10.87 check!! I decided to close my account and have the bank send it to me.
              I left my ATM card in the AtM to long at Bank of America, the branch opened the AtM and got it. I used to work at Wells Fargo, the AtM machine is counted every night. And every bank can open the ATM.
              They will not give you your account number or routing number online or on phone u have to go into branch!! This is a Rinky dinky Mickey mouse brank!

Fifth Third Bankcustomer service

The lady I spoke with, Edna I believe was her name was extremely rude to me over the phone. I had called about a fee on my account that she explained I'd be charged for once a year. First, I was never told I'd be charged. Second, the way she went about explaining the "benefits" for the fee was all wrong. I could barely understand her through her accent and she hung up on me before I could ask her to elaborate about anything. I was left with little to no explanation and with a bad taste in my mouth about 5/3 and their customer service employees. I am very disappointed with this experience and am contemplating moving to a different bank.

Fifth Third Bankbrittany d

I have an acct at fifth third bank, I'm a waitress and deposit money almost everyday, however I live in Evansville but work in Henderson I make it a point to go to the bank in Henderson every day when I get off work they are always so friendly and never ever have I had any problems there, they even got worried about me because I was didn't come to the bank for a straight week so they thought something was wrong, Amyways the reason for this message is because the bank on Washington ave in Evansville is awful I have never had a good experience with them and today done it for me my husband went in there to transfer money and again the Brittany D girl was very rude but again that is almost everyone there and we will not go back there at all

Fifth Third Bank — customer service

As a business owner, I tried to deposit checks of over $2000 in the ATM at the Smyrna Tennessee branch. The...

Fifth Thirddidn't do what we requested per our account

My daughter recently moved to Thailand to teach. We went together to the branch office and told them she'd be gone at least a year. We also added me to the account.
                    One week into her stay she couldn't use her debit card - was told it was on hold due to "suspicious" activity. That activity was her trying to use her card.
                    I called, I went to the bank 3 times before it was resolved (and I'm not sure it is as we have a time difference and I can't check on it with her right now). They wouldn't let me 'override' - even tho I'm on the account - they had to speak with her!! She tried the 3 phone numbers they gave me - none of them worked for her altho the rep told me they were international numbers.
                    Can you imagine your child overseas with no money?! Especially after you'd done 'the right thing' prior to her leaving. They are the bank! this is their job!!

Today I went in and loudly demanded this get resolved right now. Finally I believe it is. The arrogant manager then tried to give me a lecture on dealing with people - I said "no, obviously I had to get angry to get this resolved, I've already spent quite a bit of 'calm' time both here and on the phone with 5/3 and nothing got done".
                    I had another problem with them last year - it took 5 trips to the branch for them to figure out why my debit card wouldn't work in their deposit machine.
                    Leaving them for Chase.

5th Third Bank Mortgage Department — supervisor demeanor

I contacted 5th Third Bank Mortgage Department about waiving my late fee as an active duty military service...