Fifth Third Bank / 53.com Logo

Fifth Third Bank / 53.com

Having problems with Fifth Third Bank / 53.com?

+1 866 671 5353 (Customer Service)
+1 513 579 5353 (International)
+1 800 972 3030 (Personal)
+1 877 534 2264 (Business)
+1 866 475 0729 (Commercial)
+1 800 782 0279 (Lost & Stolen)
+1 866 351 5353 (Home Loan Or Refinance)
+1 866 531 4249 (Open A New Account)
38 Fountain Square Plaza

For All Other Accounts
Fifth Third Bank, 5050 Kingsley Dr., MD № 1MOCOP, Cincinnati, OH 45263

Complaints & Reviews

Fifth Third Banklate payment

This is "not" a complaint, I wanted to let 5th thrd bank that my payment for Dec. 28th will be late! I over spent for xmas & I want have any $$$$$ until the 9th of Jan. I will send it in with a late fee so it will arrive by the 9th of Jan. 2013. I'm fully aware it is due on the 28th of each mon. & do apologize but its the best I can do at this time!
Sincerely,
Robert Acct # [protected] Soc. _ _ _ _ _ 1477

Fifth Third — lien release

Paid off my 2013 GMC Terrain on December 5, 2012. Car was purchased from Foreman-Blair Buick - GMC - Cadillac...

Fifth Third Bank Title Deptlost rv title

My husband and I purchased an RV from an individual. Fifth Third Bank of Northern Michigan was the lienholder on the RV title. Upon processing our loan, my bank forwarded the $43, 000.00 payoff and the vehicle title to Fifth Third Bank for them to release the lien in order that we could transfer ownership and list my bank as the new lienholder. Fifth Third Bank received the funds, paid off the loan, sent a Release of Lien letter back to my bank, but did not return the title. They are now telling us that they do not know what happened to the title (which is a nice way of saying that they lost it) and that we need to file for a lost/duplicate title. Instead of having any concern at all and getting off their DUFF to attempt to locate the title, they want us to incur the expenses and time involved to just file for another title. Obviously they got their money and that's all they cared about. It is inconceivable that a bank as large as Fifth Third Bank is this irresponsible in their actions. I am so glad that I do not trust my money to an irresponsible financial institution such as this.

5/3rd bankgouging fees

CLOSED a business account.
      My Roth EFT came through the next day...they paid
      It. But the account was closed! They said they

Keep the accounts active for 30 days & charged me $75.
      32.50 for the EFT & 32.50 for the money we withdrew
      From the account. The bank manager closed the account for
      Me & gave me the money...but the charged me
      For them NOT freezing their closed accounts.
      Anything for more money!
      Disappointed in 5/3 banks.
      Horrible business practices- would not recommend
      Them to anyone.
      Get out of their banks - they are TOO fee greedy!

fifth/third bank — no response on request coupon book

i have had reps. at my bank eagledale shopping ceter brach, indpls indiana 46222 to issue me a coupon book...

5/3 Bank mortgage/loan — deceitful business practices

We refinanced our house with 5/3 Bank a couple of weeks ago. At the close there was a document to authorize...

Fifth Third Bankcold practices

I have not even had my checking account open for a year and they found a way to screw me over. I opened up an account with 5/3 to take up their promotion of receiving $100 if you open up a checking account with them, big mistake. The promotion had some stipulations that you had to keep the account active for a certain amount of months to receive the promotional benefit. I made the appropriate transactions and nothing. So I had to call customer service just to get the promotion they had and they acted like they didn't even know it existed. So they took care of it and that was fine after a long drawn out conversation and I thought everything would be fine, but I was wrong. I have another bank I primarily use and because I didn't use my checking account with 5/3 over a period of 3 months I was charged the $7 maintenance fee that put my account into overdraft so I was charged an additional $30. Since it was the maintenance fee that put my account in overdraft, no notice was sent so I had no idea at all. I didn't have but only enough to keep the account open so when I got charged the maintenance fee and overdraft 5/3 CLOSED my account AND sent it to collections WITHOUT any notification! I also have a savings account with them that has enough to cover the maintenance fee if 5/3 cared enough to take care of their people. They told me that they have features through text or online for me to keep up with my account, but why would I need to if I don't primarily use it? It's not like I over drafted my account through my own doing. I had no clue about the maintenance fee. I am appalled and highly recommend not banking with 5/3 at all.

Fifth Third Bankfifth third bank can be tough to handle if you are battling them alone

Fifth Third Bank needs to be pressured with Imminent (BK) Threats or Mediation Law and Procedures.
          They are basically a giant collection agency. They purchase the distressed mortgage at Extreme Discounts from various key players in the sub-prime arena. They collect aggressively on this paper. They do not play by the rules and need to be pressed hard.

We have completed successful loan restructuring cases with Fifth Third Bank. They are all long run and brutal battles.

Feel free to visit our website for further details on avoiding a Pending Sale Date.
          www.freshstart-mortgagesolutions.com or www.freshstart-legalnetwork.com
          You may also call 1.877.297.7011

Good Luck Homeowners.

Fifth Third Bank — rude customer service from total loss department

I had called about my account from the total loss department and spoke with a woman named Kelly. My insurance...

5/3 Bankcopy of loan agreement

I purchased a used car in November, 2011 and the car dealer neglected to enclose my loan documents in the packet I received. I've called 5/3 Bank five times since November and still have not received a copy of my documents! I've even talked to managers who said they would get the documents faxed to them and then personally mail them to me. Apparently, the manager never got the documents either. I am so fed up with this bank that I borrowed the money from someone else and paid off the loan today after two months. And then I got hit with a $195.00 early pay-off fee which the car dealer loan officer conveniently forgot to mention!! My advice - get a loan from a credit union instead!! And don't buy a car from Kerry Ford either!!

Fifth Third Bank — lack of customer service

Not exactly a complaint worthy of the 60 Minutes but... astounding lack of customer service - holiday sprint...

Fifth Third Bankdoubled final balance

I'm in the final year of a 5 year finance agreement with Fifth Third Bank. They financed my car. My husband just called to get a payoff amount and they told him that we owe exactly DOUBLE our actual balance. Nobody can provide a payment history or explain how this is possible. When I calm down I will have to seek a resolution. Any ideals on where to start?

Lawrence S Dec 25, 2011

File a complaint with the federal reserve if you feel you have been wronged. They oversee the banks.

Fif th Third Bank Cincinnati Customer Service Supervisors — Unprofessional

I contacted them in regards to a fee on my sons minor student account for excessive transfers of funds. I...

Fifth Third Bankhorrible company

I'm writing today about a bank that needs to be stopped, that bank is Fifth Third Bank of Ohio. On November 4th 2011 I purchased a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica financed with Fifth Third Bank. I thought everything was fine until I started getting the Denial Letters from banks that denied us, one of them was from Fifth Third Bank stating our credit rating was unacceptable. I contacted Humes Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Waterford PA where I bought the car and read the letter and they stated that everything was fine that the car was paid for that morning. On November 16 2011 I recieved a call from Santander Consumer USA congradulating me on the purchase of a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. I had no idea what was going on, I've done business with Santander before and never had a problem but I was told the car was financed by Fifth Third Bank, I signed Fifth Third Bank contracts. As it turns out Fifth Third Bank sold my car to Santander Consumer USA right away, Fifth Third made no attempts to contact me to let me know. If Santander didn't call me I would have no idea about the purchase of the loan. To make matters worse Fifth Third bank even though they sold the car to Santander they kept themselves as beneficiaries on our insurance if the car was totaled. I'm not the only victim of Fifth Third Bank, check out reports online, many people have problems with them in regards to loans and there handling of car insurance. Fifth Third needs to be stopped, they never gave me a chance to show them I can pay my bills and I'm sure if I sent them a payment without knowing about the buyout Fifth Third would have kept the money. Thanks for your time.

Lawrence S Dec 25, 2011

sounds like facebook would be helpful place to get attention. might want to contact federal reserve to see if this was all legal.

5/3 Bankterrible service

Do not use 5/3 bank for any reason. I acquired a 5/3 bank account in columbus, ohio and have had problems with it for 5 years. If you like giving your money away, then 5/3 is right for you. I have had countless fees assesed to my account over the years, and each one is unwarrented. If you value your money, you will not get an account with 5/3.

Fifth Third Bankcar loan

Avoid Fifth Third Bank! Run as far away as you can from this terrible disgraceful Bank and its nasty employees. Took out a 5 year Auto Loan with them, have just 5 payments left til my 5 years of Terror with this horrible Bank ends. When the economy fell apart 3 years ago, I struggled with payments, running 5-25 days late. They terrorize you dailey on the phone, at home, place of employement and cell. When my payment reaches 10 days late, they then begin to call my neighbors every hour on the hour, starting at 8 am- 9 pm. They ask my neighbors if they know me or anything about me. They are just shameful and heartless. Close acccounts with this horrible Bank and tell your friends to do the same.

• Sc
                        scorned and burnt Aug 10, 2010

My son (I co-signed) had a car loan with them. The loan started in 2005. Thanks to the economy he ended up filing bankruptcy. Even while under bankruptcy Fifth Third Bank was racking up the fees. I called to see what the pay off would be - $16, 000 for what should have been $8, 000. Not only that, put they were also adding $3 a day. What? Isn't that illegal? Talking to customer reps doesn't do any good. They are just plain rude. Needless to say, the car has now been repoed and I'm waiting to find out what other fees they will be tacking on. Greedy, usurpers. I will never, never, never do business with them again. This is one bank the government should investigate.

• St
                        Stopthebs Nov 15, 2011

You should of saved up for a car and paid with cash. The bottom line is that you owe money and the loaner has every right to expect you'll comply with the terms. It was your choice to sign a contract saying you'll pay it back over five years. If you would of bought for cash, there would not be an issue.

• Mr
                        Mrknowitall Nov 15, 2011

Why should I close my account with them because they are rude to you for being a deadbeat on your loan?

• Ha
                        hazeldunkel Nov 20, 2011

These thieves sold my loan without telling me and kept themselves as the beneficiary on the insurance. 5/3 needs to be stopped.

Lawrence S Dec 25, 2011

You might see if they violated collections laws. contact a lawyer that specializes in this.

• Je
                        Jeanelle Jul 25, 2012

I have purchased at least 5 new cars and have generally used Ford Credit. This time around I went with Fifth Third Bank since they had a slightly lower interest rate. I missed a payment due to an oversight, which I paid once I realized it. I then received one of those skip payment offers. It was a short month for money and I decided I would take it. Mailed in the form they sent me 20 days prior to the payment being due. 2 days after my payment was due the phone calls started. I explained that I chose the skip a payment they offered and well of course, they didn't receive it. So I had to fax in my copy, which thankfully I kept. Now 3 days after this was done, they are calling me again. Do they not keep records of what they discuss on the phone? Why is it my job to tell them what they have done or not done. If they record the conversations maybe they should listen to them. Quite frankly after being harrassed for 2 weeks I do not need to be told by some high school drop out about my language, which was not the f bomb.

5/3 Bank — overdraft fees

My husband accidentally used the wrong debit card to make a purchase, which caused our business account to be...

Highland Heights

Fifth Third Bankthey are charging me other late fees and their collection department are calling me at work and harassing me

I was told by 5/3 bank on October 2009 that I have up to 6 months to pay the Lock fee for $65.00 without any fees or penalties. I have paid the $65.00 on December, 2009 - 2 months from October. And now 5/3 bank are charging me another $65.00 stating that I was late in paying the $65.00 + they are charging me other late fees and their collection department are calling me at work and harassing me. Also was told by their customer service staff: Geoge, Janiva, Valzwell and wanda that my fees that I sent were not being allocated to the fees but to the interest.

Lawrence S Dec 25, 2011

File a complaint with the federal reserve. They oversee the banks.

5/3 Bankscheduled payments not showing on both sides of account

My partner and I share a joint account to pay common household bills. We can both access it from our individual sign-on passwords and our individual accounts.
                        We found out this week if either of us make payments from the account it does not show in real time or now even 24 hours later what the other person has done. So in essence one of us could overdraw the account and the other not know it was overdrawn when going to pay bills out. The activity I do isn't showing on his sign in pages and the activity he has done isn't showing on mine. Formerly, before 5/3 implemented their new payment service it did. Now, it is essential that I confer with my partner before I use the account and he must confer with me. Once again the bank has figured out a way to potentially overdraft our accounts and cause fees. How Capitalistic of them!!! When will clients say, "Enough" and either demand this be repaired or change banks, although I doubt if that would help me in any way as I think they are all in it together.

Fifth Third Bankfifth third bank have been stealing my money

Fifth third bank have been stealing my money. Every time I would mave a deposit they would withdraw the amount and take it to pay off an account that was settled years ago. I even have the settlement agreement and the “paid in full” statement.

But they are acting low and playing this game. I hired a lawyer and paying for his fees now to just let them know that I have settled my dues with the bank a long time ago.

I have been a customer of 5/3 bank since 2000 and always paid my payments, had loans with them, credit cards, etc. And now they have been doing this to me since 2010. If they are in trouble and trying to get themselves out of some big blunder some *** CEO did, then don’t let us (the common people) pay the price for their costly mistakes.

Maybe cut down on all those silly expenses that you spend left nd right, a nd pay more attention to agreements you have made with your customers, and HONOR them.

Lawrence S Dec 25, 2011

File a complaint with the federal reserve. They oversee the banks.