Fifth Third Bank / 53.com Logo

Fifth Third Bank / 53.com

Having problems with Fifth Third Bank / 53.com?

+1 866 671 5353 (Customer Service)
+1 513 579 5353 (International)
+1 800 972 3030 (Personal)
+1 877 534 2264 (Business)
+1 866 475 0729 (Commercial)
+1 800 782 0279 (Lost & Stolen)
+1 866 351 5353 (Home Loan Or Refinance)
+1 866 531 4249 (Open A New Account)
38 Fountain Square Plaza

For All Other Accounts
Fifth Third Bank, 5050 Kingsley Dr., MD № 1MOCOP, Cincinnati, OH 45263

Complaints & Reviews

Fifth Third Bankpoor, poor, poor bank

My husband died in 2007, he had a truck loan in his name only with 5 / 3 bank, i went into bank a couple of week after his death with a death certificate in hand, explained to them he had died and his loan was in his name only but that i wanted to keep truck, what i need to do, i was told by the bank manager that as long as it was paid and on time nothing needed to be done, i left and made payments on time. In 2009 when the vehicle was almost paid for, i have the repo man coming to my house, stalking out my place, i call the bank, they say the payment was late that month and that's why the repo was sent. The truck is not in my care, my husband's son has this vehicle and they continue to harress me. If there is anyone who read this that will be filing a class action suit please let me no, you can reach me at : [protected]@yahoo.com. Thanks

• Ke
      Kenneth05 Jan 22, 2011

Fifth Third Bank has been sued in a class action in Illinois. The website is www.overdraftsettlement.com. The case number is 1:09-cv-06655, which is pending in the Northern District Court of Illinois.

If you object to the settlement, you should file your objection in court.

Fifth Third Overdraft Settlement
      P.O. Box 3266
      Portland, OR [protected]
      [protected]

Fifth Third Bank — total disregard of customers

I was a faithful customer of Fifth Third Bank for years, always paying my loan payment on time. I am no...

Fifth Third Bankoutrageous fees

I recently filed a lawsuit against Fifth Third Bank in Cook County, Illinois, which alleges violations of the Illinois Consumer Fraud Act and the Illinois Electronic Funds Transfer Act. I now know that many of Fifth Third 's customers are complaining of large overdraft fees which Fifth Third charges its customers which are based upon theoretical overdrafts that Fifth Third''s computer program creates to enable Fifth Third to charge its customers. I also am a victim of Fifth Third's scheme to charge overdraft fees based upon a theoretical overdraft which recently cost me $198.00 If you are a victim of Fifth Third's scheme to charge overdraft fees which are based upon theoretical computer generated overdrafts, e-mail me if you would like to join a class action lawsuit against Fifth Third Bank.

• Mr
        Mr Bee Mar 11, 2009

Charged us overdraft fees on closed account.

• Cl
        closeyouraccount Aug 31, 2009

I am looking to start a class action law suit but need your story http://closeyourbankaccount.blogspot.com/

• Ed
        Edward62 Mar 03, 2010

Fifth Third Bank steals its cutomer's money without a gun by charging its customers outrageous fees through a computer generated program which is designed to maximze fees which Fifth Third arbitraily charges it customers. I have sued Fifth Third Bank in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois. The lawsuit I have filed alleges violations of the Illinois Consumer Fraud Act and the Illinois Electronic Funds Act. After, I filed my lawsuit against Fifth Third, I discovered this web site which contains many complaints against Fifth Third by Illinois consumers and others. If you are tired of getting robbed by Fifth Third Bank. send me an e-mail

• Sw
        swingate Apr 01, 2010

i was charged 7.00 for to many transfers 2 days later i was charged 20.00 for excessive transfers aint that the same thing... I am moving from 53rd and I suggest you all do to. This is not the first time this happened. Its not like it is actually a human doing a job its a computer. and Its my money and if I want to transfer it from my savings to my checking I should be able to. we are remodeling and money gets moved around alot.

Mary Jo W Aug 04, 2010

We have been charged excessive overdraft fee's for a small math error. The bank personnel was unwilling to reverse any of the $137 worth of fee's that they charged us. In this economy, unemployed, all I asked of the bank was to reduce the fee's. They would not.

Fifth Third Bank — charges and late fee!

On the same day, I received two mail items from Fifth Third Bank. The first is a letter stating that they are...

Fifth Third Bankunethical behavior

Fifth third bank raised the interest rate on an account with excellent payment history this February 2010. The account had been closed since April of 2009. They said they sent a letter allowing me to opt out of the interest rate increase in Nov. 2009. I didnot receive the letter. These letters typically say you may close the account and opt out of the rate increase. This account had been closed for eight months already when they supposedly sent the letter. Because I didnot get a letter and didnot opt out, they raised the rate. Its important to note how terribly unethical they are in this matter. This account had been closed for months. I should not have had to "close and opt out " with an already closed account. DO NOT BANK WITH FIFTH THIRD EVER!!

• Am
          americansaresocialist Mar 31, 2010

THis bank owns Cincinnati.
          All 5/3 bank customers are unaware of how dangerous this bank is.
          You can check in anytime you want, but you cant everrrrrrr leave...

Since this bank took taxpayer bailout funds of 3.4 billion dollars, they've went into chaos mode.
          What is interesting is the "socialist" mindset of the either complacent or extremely lazy Greater Cincinnati citizens mindset.

5/3 deposits from customers are up a stunning 25% since Tarp.
          Yet, their commercial loand dropped a stunning 5 billion dollars last year.
          THat translates to about 40, 000 jobs lost in the tri-state.

If you are 5/3 bank customer still, and you are reading this post, , , , , , ,
          You are a COMPLETE supporter of socialism and ONEROUS government favored handouts.
          If You HAVE NOT closed your 5/3 bank deposit account, you are COMPLETELY on board with socialism.
          You CANNOT support a concept anymore FULLY than when you contribute money to a cause.
          You are also a TOTAL ### and UNEDUCATED to the loan docs you signed without thoroughly reading them.

Any ### who has a mortgage with this bank, credit card, car loan and STILL deposits their payroll to this bank
          deserves what will happen to them when they miss a payment. You people signed/initialed a paragraqh stating that
          they can do as they please, no court process, no argument from your side, they can and WILL destroy your financial life.

If you arent totally without resources, pay an atty the fee, have the atty review your mortgage or other loan docs.
          Your atty will insist you leave the loans at 5/3 bank only until you can refinance elsewhere. Your atty will then give you the scary news. You so much as sniff
          being late on your home, or a credit card with them, you are going to lose that home you love. But first, they'll yank every dime you have in your account.
          Oh, and if they overdraw you, they'll charge you fees, and I mean fees on a daily basis till you scurry into that bank and pay the thugs.

See an atty, and as soon as possible, you'll be depositing your payroll checks elsewhere.
          You'll move your savings, and you'll understand how ###IC and RECKLESS you are
          to have ANY loan with this bank. More reckless, is for you to deposit your cash and payroll
          into this bank. If you're a parent, and you continue banking at 5/3 bank, and you wont take the time to call
          a lawyer, DO NOT EVER ACCUSE your children of being irresponsible.

Oh, and for those of you that think the bank just wants you to catch up on your mortgage,
          and that taking your home doesnt make sense, I FEEL AWFUL for you. THis bank has MORE reasons to foreclose
          than to cooperate. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND bank ratios, TARP, HAMP, etc. THey went crazy destroying Cincy lives
          in 2008 and 2009. And, a FANTASTIC MOVE by their deceptive CEO. FITB Stock has gone from 1.00 to 14.00
          since the March 09 lows. NO BANK, not even Goldman Sachs accomplished this brilliant financial feat.
          Tossing your life out of a window allows the bank to "off balance" sheet perceived liabilities.
          NO ONE did more TOSSING in the tri-state than Fifth Third Bank.

Dont rely on message boards and rumor.
          Be responsible, it will only cost you 150.00 or so to consult a qualified local atty.
          A percentage of bloggers deserve high interest and fees as they wont pay on time regardless of employment status.
          But, ALL OF YOU are in a very precarious legal fix if you indeed deposit/bank/trust this outfit called Fifth Third Bank.
          They OWN YOU more solidly than any human mind can comprehend.

Fifth Third Bankharassing creditor phone calls

They are harassers. Our car payment was late by two days and they phoned us 10 times over a less than two-day period. Their representatives are either from India or the Phillipines and are rude and demeaning. I guess that is why their CEO rakes in 10 million a year. Cheap labor to harass their customers from across the ocean. Thank God our car is almost paid off. Avoid like the plague.

Fifth Third Bank (5 / 3 Bank) — ineptitude and rudeness

I have a mortgage with Fifth Third Bank (5/3 Bank). I wanted to pay the principal down to the point where I...

fith third bankmis represitation off fees and amonts due

told you when this is fixed I owe you 150.00 plus 33.00 and not this figure I will go in and pay the 183.00 in full account thats been stopped and closed per you and i can not view my account or get any of my info, seems you just keep over accessing excessive fees. Arrangements were made and discussed with manager prior to return check. I no longer will be doing business with you because over you excessive charging and after arrangements were made...

cc file
          cc attorney

--- On Tue, 2/2/10, [protected]@53.com <[protected]@53.com> wrote:

note 2

cc: mis representing that excessive fees and -500000 that has effected my credit history by a lie

went in to pay the 150 plus the 33 nsf fee and they refused not continue to not fix and continue to excessivly over access fees

the bankers are trying to cause clients un do fees and stress when payment was there and ready to pay and they would not correct fees or mis representation of the -500000

Fifth Third Bank — will not honor own appraisal

Applied for a mortgage with them and paid for an appraisal. They refused to honor the appraisal (by one of...

5/3 Bankunorganized, poor customer service

All I can say is WOW. Every time I have to deal with this bank I want to pull my hair out. I will not go into detail because I'd have to write a book! They DO NOT CARE about their customers. If I said that they were unorganized, I'd be giving them a compliment. I've had so many errors with this bank it makes me sick. I went to Byron Bank and it was like a breath of fresh air! They actually care about you and are organized with your financial info (isn't that what banks are supposed to do???).

I think every employee needs to realize that the reason they have a job is due to THEIR CUSTOMERS. Start treating your customers like they are humans, and then treat them the way you would like to be treated, and then consider them better than you (the golden rule in banking is invaluable!!!).

I am so surprised that this cmpany is still in business. STAY AWAY FROM 5/3 BANK!!!

If 5/3 ever goes under, everyone is invited to my house for a party!

5/3 GET A CLUE!!!

• Al
                Alex Peele Oct 27, 2010

Fifth Third Bank is stealing from us. We had a car loan from a GM dealer and 5 3 would not let us pay it off. They refused to give us the account number so that we could pay it off. Before the first payment was due, we paid over 95% of the loan amount. this was the amount they told us was due. They next harassed us on Saturday, threatening us that we were in default. We finally overpaid the loan.
                We also had an extended warranty which we immediately cancelled three days after getting the loan giving us a total refund. This was part of the loan we had with 5 3 bank. They were to refund this warranty cost in full. We never received the refund check. After many calls to 5 3 bank in which they said a check was sent, they told us another check was being sent. We received a check dated the day after that last call. We deposited it in our local bank. Two weeks later, 5 3 bank stopped payment on the check effectively stealing money out of our account. Not only that, our bank charged us a fee for this. We have been calling 5 3 bank for a week and they keep giving is the run around. This is common theft. They have no intention of giving us our money back. They will not let us talk to anyone but a telephone screener.
                My advice is to run as fast as you can from Fifth Third Bank. If not, you will regret it.
                Alex Peele, Olathe, K S

Marcey11587 Oct 27, 2010

Right now Girlfriend. 5/3 Bank is rated in the top ten of the most corrupt banks. 5/3 forged my name on a loan modification, raising my interest rates in 2003. First, I never entered into any loan mod to raise my interest rates. Second, you think they would have gotten my first name spelled right, if singing my name. Used my maiden name when I was already married for several years. This bank is down right dirty and corrupt. The Federal government needs to do a full investigation into this bank. Trott and Trott is no better, as they are the lawfirm who foreclosed on my home illegally. Gave me the run around about anything I asked. Their attorney was telling me I had PMI insurance. Never had any PMI insurance. Then all of a sudden they reimbursed me for the overcharge by sending me a check. There was one lie after another. Funny thing, I asked about a charge on there in Oct. Yes, that was for winterizing my home. I stilled lived in the home so, could not have winterized it. BOOM... Oh, we refunded you. The refund only showed up after they knew I was in my home. The worst bank on earth with all their lies. I never had been lied to sooo many times in all my life. We need to actively seek to get 5/3 out of business!!!

5/3 Bankremoving cash deposit from account

My parents, both seniors and on a fixed income bank at 5/3 Bank. My sister who lives in Ohio went into 5/3 Bank and made a $300 cash deposit into my parents checking account yesterday. My mom checked her account via phone and the deposit was there yesterday afternoon. This morning my mom checked her account again and the money is gone! She called 5/3 customer service with the confirmation # from the deposit, first they said the deposit wasn't showing up at all. Then, they told her the teller did not turn in her receipts and the end of the night, so they just took the money out of their account! They then told my mom they couldn't tell her exactly when the money would be back in her account! A CASH deposit that they took out of her account and they cannot tell her when or why it cannot be IMMEDIATELY returned to her account? This is ridiculous and TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

This very same thing happened to me at another bank and I took my deposit ticket into the bank and they re-deposited the money in my account THAT DAY!

Jill Maisel
              daughter of Judy and Gary Walden Livonia, MI

• Al
                  Alex Peele Oct 27, 2010

Alex Peele, Olathe, K S

• In
                  InMyMindsAyn May 29, 2011

There is nothing you can really do or write to coax these behemoths into acting responsibly. My advice is not the threaten to sue -- just sue them. Fifth Third Bank is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. If they do business in your state, however, then you can sue them in small claims court where you live. Don't fret over it. Just look up your small claims court information on your local city/county court and find out how to go about filing a small claims lawsuit against them. They're not going to send a corporate lawyer to Olathe to represent the bank. Collect all of the receipts for the OUTRAGEOUS charges they are trying to penalize you with, explain what happened in a letter to the judge/court, and file the claim. Make sure you request Fifth Third Bank to pay the small claims court fee too. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a means to stop these monstrosities from stealing from us. I've done it with Goodyear, Bank of America, and Verizon. I have received a check each time. The judges know these fees are absolutely RIDICULOUS too. Don't threaten to sue them; just do it.

Fifth Third Bankexcessive and improper overdraft fees

I am filing a complaint for poor customer service and excessive and improper overdraft fees. Myself and my family members will be closing our accounts and are soon to be ex-customers. I was charged overdraft fees totaling $156. This started due to a debit of $100.21 that a merchant charged my account in error. This debit was later reversed by the merchant. On 12/22 PENDING debits were taken out of my available balance leading to an overdraft of $8 and a $37 overdraft fee. On 12/22 these debits were then taken out of my account and I was charged an additional three overdraft fees. Not only was I charged total overdraft fess of $156 for a total shortage of $15.49 but I was charged an overdraft fee for each of the four items that came through on 12/22 and 12/23 even though my available balance on 12/22/09 was enough to cover any two of these items without resulting in any overdraft. Although I was not charged twice for the two debits that were pending on 12/22 they were subtracted from my available balance both on 12/22 and 12/23 resulting in additional and excessive overdraft fees. On 1/04/2010 I met with mng Lara at the Fifth Third Bank in Englewood, FL. I submitted evidence of above and nothing was done to resolve this complaint. I am owed $117 for return of excessive and improper overdraft fees as well as an apology.

• Do
                    Donann Feb 24, 2010

They are thieving crooks here too. Debits and credits are timed accordingly in their favor.

Fifth Third Bankbad credit rating

I have been deny a car loan because I had a bad credit rating. I was reported 3 negatives from the fifth third bank. I have not had a loan from your bank for the past five years and do not remember not paying a payment late. I am 71 years old and this is the first time I have been turndown for any loan-it is a little embrassing when they tell you a have a bad credit rating. I would ask you to make contact with the credit rating group and have negatives removed.

• Ro
                      rocksanchez1 Aug 06, 2010

If it's not in by the due date, it's late. Creditors (especially publicly traded) are monitored and obligated to report losses and delinquency at specific intervals, a 30 day delinquency is not a joke.

5/3 Bank — complaint gets personal

i've had an account with 5/3 bank for about 3 years now... and would definately NOT recommend this bank...

Fifth Third Bank — code of ethics violations

Fifth Third Bank of St. Johns has a mortgage representative who (with the pursuation of another employee...

Fifth Third Bank — violation of code of ethics

Fifth Third Bank of Ovid employs a teller who (twice) violated their Code of Ethics (a document that she had...

Ovid

Fifth Third Bankunfair business practices

Do not...
                    Do not...

Bank with this company. The bank charges customers $37 for overdraft fees on a check plus another $36 to return the item. And if that just don't beat all...in order to cancel with this bank and their unethical business practices and ways, 53 bank charges customers $25 to close accounts with their bank. Oh and please do not forget about the additional $8 per day if the account is still overdrawn.

Tell me something...

53 bank charges $37: overdraft/return fee
                    $36: return/ overdraft fee

Is this not the same thing??

Come on people wake up! How many people have to openly complain about the practices of 53 bank.

Why doesn't government officials step in and do something...

Maybe its not important huh!

What do you think?

• La
                        Larry B. Nov 26, 2009

I'm not surprised at all and believe 95% off the horror stories about this "Free Checking" Crap that this 53rd bank claims they have! They are the most incompetent "Professional Bunch" of people I've come across in my 50 years of living! I started a bank account with them in July of this year because the company I work for has their business and payrole there, and was switching to Direct deposit. That was the beginning of the most disfunctional bunch of people I've ever met, customer service, local branch, etc. It started when I was charged 7 over draft fees on a debit card only, in the "pending status" when we all know that the funds are taking from the available balance immediately, but because they were in the pending status and one overdraft accured I was charged $198.00, and was told with a giggle that I was being charged another $132.00 at the end of the day and didn't know what for and wasn't even giving the opportunity to make it right!?!!??? After three months of arguing that the funds were there in (black and white) one of the overtures ($33.00) was put back with a note attached by one of the only people in the Cincy customer service center that obviously knew that something wasn't right. This person also E-mail her supervisor about this and I'm waiting for a responce. Also, I'm just getting started, Recently I wrote a check for $125.00 to a meat vendor on the 27th of October and the check was electronically withdrawn from my account 3 days later...O.K. no big deal...? Wrong the bank paid the check again 16 days later! I brought this to their attention...(thats funny) and showed that it was the same check number and the name on the check with the same date it was wrote (keep that in mind), of coarse my account was $3.98 over by of the day because of this and guess what...Yep, overdraft fees out the yeng-yang! I keep the minimun in this account because of their borderline illegal, and unethical business tactics. Of coarse I had to take off work, another $250.00 down the drain, to try to get this reversed and was told we'll (local bank) investigate it(?) and monitor your account and call you back each day and let you know what we can do for you...waiting, waiting, waiting. of coarse no reply! So I called the customer disrespect service and was actually help by the formentioned person I spoke about earlier and the fees were reversed along with one that was applied in July. Suddenly while at work I strangely get a call form my local bank in Huber Heights, Ohio, who said that they would monitor my account and call me everyday saying "well I got the overdrafts taking off because of the double cashed check, I was told by this person at the local bank that because it was longer than 30 days on the incident in July that nothing could be done about that?" not true...well needless to say I let her have it and she was actually left speechless. I in fact took care of it myself with the forementioned person, Her name is Vicki, and called her on it! She didn't know what to say and my next adventure is dealing with the check that was cashed twice...it was probably my fault for sending the same check # twice (what the @!#*)according to the last customer disrespect service non-english person I taked to ????? Keep ya posted ! (Is this the good stuff you go through with the great free checking bank they claim to be ?????) My wife and I can't purchase a damn turkey or I can't buy a new pair of work boots because we are so gun-shy to spend a dollar...! Anyone got a good attorney or a class action law suit I can jump on????? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...?

• Tj
                        TJday Jan 22, 2010

Yeah. If anyone has a good attorney, info, or a class action suit I would appreciate the link. Does anyone boycott anymore?

Fifth Third Bankfraudulent bank

I was frauded by an on-line business called Grants One Day. I saw the problem right away in checking my account. I disputed the the charges against my account. The Bank waived some fees and placed the money back. They informed me at that time that The other company had up to 30 days to respond.

We heard nothing back from them. Nothing in writting ever came to my house. Then more than 60days past the original date they came back in and took the money out again putting my account in the red with service charges to which they were unwilling to drop.

They bold faced lied to us so many times it didn't matter which bank branch we went to everyone of them lied to us. We then got letters in the mail only after we called, and came in. They were post dated on the inside to protect them- selves, but the outside of the envelope it had the date that we called them to complain on it.

We closed out that account paying the fees that they punished us with and currently owe them nothing and we have gone to another bank to do our business We have since then heard other horror stories from our friends about this bank. Please I urged you if you are looking for another bank to do business with don't choose this one.

• St
                          Steveee Nov 12, 2009

Banks cheat you cannot do any thing, they cheat for their lords make them rich when loose money public money save them to let them cheat public for ever.When profit only for few, otherwise curse for all. CITIZENS BANK cheated me we need a credit score for banks so that they cannot blackmail customers

Fifth Third Bankawful customer service

We heard nothing back from them. Nothing in writing ever came to my house. Then more than 60days past the original date they came back in and took the money out again putting my account in the red with service charges to which they were unwilling to drop.

• So
                            SOX295 Feb 23, 2010

We have been account holders for over 25 years (Old Kent to 5/3). An electronic check in the amount of $850 was cleared on our account. This check is so painfully and obviously fraudulent. We signed all of the various paperwork needed the day after it hit our
                            account. We were assured it would not happen again and told it wasn't necessary to close the account. That made us uneasy. Now,
                            it has been over a business month now and we are still waiting for 5/3 to return our money. True, nothing else has hit the account, but the possibility still exists that it could happen again. All we get is lipservice! Yes, the paperwork states 30-120 days for investigation, but even a ### should have been able to sort this out by now. There is no contacting upper management with this bank. A sad turn of events. We have closed our long-term account and have taken our deposits elsewhere.

Fifth Third - Autovest LLCthe way they treat consumers

My husband purchased a truck and Fifth Third was the lender. After numerous clutch replacements, which cost over $600 each replacement, my husband called and told the bank to come get it. We never heard a thing from Fifth Third or Autovest, LLC until he was served a civil warrant. My husband went to court no payment arragemnets were made in front of the judge, but the lawyer said he would get back to him on that. He never heard from the lawyer and when he tied to contact him the lawyer was never in the office. About two months later my husband receives notice that they will be garnishing his wages. Keep in mind the lawyer knew my husband was and is the only source of income for our family, but chose go ahead with Autovests, LLC recommendation of ganishing 25% of his pay for each pay period. Living expenses are not cheap in the area of Tennessee we live, andt hey began taking $200 out of each pay period to get the $2400 that was left owed on the truck. We later found out they wanted the entire $2400 within six months. I guess they want us all to go broke or homeless and apparent they do not care whether your children get fed. After three months of trying to get them to lower the payment amount they are garnishing we have finally succeeded. Thank God for small miracles.