Enterprise Rent-A-Cartoll violation

D

On 12/20/13 I received a Toll Violation letter from Enterprise almost a month and half later stating I have a .95 amount due for tolls. Along with that I have to pay a $17 fee. The letter was "nice" enough to say they paid the .95 cents at my convenience, but by the way because we had to pay I now have to pay an additional $17. Nice return on their investment. I will NEVER use Enterprise again, but I didn't have a choice. My car was being repaired at Bill Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling, IL and they have free loaner cars. They didn't have any more left and I had no choice but to use Enterprise (that's who they use). I called Enterprise to discuss the fee and of course no one answered and I had to leave a message. The next day (12/23/13) I received a phone call and immediately expressed my frustration. The girl on the phone had no idea how to handle my frustration and the best she could do for me is reduce the fee to $5 since it was my "first" violation. Wow from a $17 fee to a $5 fee! I wonder how many people are sucked in and don't bother to call and pay the $17 fee. Easy money for Enterprise. I asked the girl on the phone for a supervisor and of course they weren't there. I asked for a phone call back and she stated I would receive a call today (12/24/13) and you guessed it, NO CALL. I went through 4 tolls that day as I do everyday to get to work and for some reason it didn't read my responder so now I have to pay $17...$5 which is it? Well I don't plan on paying anything! I had no choice to use Enterprise, but if I do I will NOT be choosing them. How hard is it to equip all rental cars with an IPass? We are in a society of paying for convenience not paying fees, but I guess all these companies need to makeup their losses somewhere. I would be more than happy to pay Enterprise the .95, just let me know where to mail the 3 quarters and 2 dimes.

RESOLVED

• Updated by NationalCare · Dec 31, 2013

Dubin, I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at [email protected] with your contact information, the exact branch location, and any other details. Please attach reference #[protected] to your email.-Christina

• Updated by NationalCare · Jan 10, 2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Skewer. We would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. -Tatiana

When emailing, please list reference # [protected]) the subject line.

• Sk
    skewer Jan 06, 2014

I cannot believe how SIMILAR this complaint is to me. I was also told a supervisor would contact me on 12/24, but nope, no call back. Called her 2 more times and again no call back. Some other lady called me back who was also ZERO help to the original woman i spoke to. So upsetting that such a giant company would do this to customers. Just so disappointed in Enterprise. Oh well, WILL NEVER RENT FROM THEM IN THE FUTURE AND PROMISE TO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW ABOUT THIS.

• Sk
    skewer Jan 06, 2014

This exact scam just happened with me. The chicago Violations department is the most rude and unprofessional group of employees with that company, not to mention their "Corporate" macho man, Patrick Franchi. I will NEVER EVER rent from Enterprise and will make sure all my friends and family never use them. They are a typical corporate rental car company, all money, no customer service.