Enterprise Rent-A-Car Logo

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Having problems with Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 21, 2006. The latest review Rental issue was posted on Sep 28, 2021. The latest complaint Deception about supplemental insurance was resolved on Aug 24, 2021. Enterprise Rent-A-Car has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 542 reviews. Enterprise Rent-A-Car has resolved 412 complaints.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Customer Service Contacts

+1 855 266 9289 (Car Rental Reservations)
+1 877 416 0000 (en Español)
+1 866 534 9270 (For users of TTY devices)
+1 855 266 9565 (Customer Service)
+1 800 307 6666 (Roadside Assistance)
+1 866 507 6222 (Loyalty Membership)
+1 866 225 4284 (Customers with Disabilities)
+1 877 881 5500 (Business Rentals)
+1 888 227 7253 (Car Sales)
+1 888 736 8287 (Truck Rental)
+1 877 233 5338 (Fleet Management)
+1 800 325 8838 (Maintenance Program Information)
600 Corporate Park Drive
Saint Louis, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Enterprise Rent-A-Car Customer Service. Initial Enterprise Rent-A-Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Enterprise Rent-A-Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Oct 30, 2019

Enterprise Rent A Car — false damage claim

I am being accused falsely of damaging a rental car from this business. On 10/17/2019, I turned in the key...

Oct 28, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — false claims; smoking claims

On friday october, 25th I rented a car from enterprise. This location is very small and only had four men...

Oct 21, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — unauthorized credit card charges

This enterprise location has unauthorized charged my card not one but twice. I don't even have the...

Oct 15, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — rental agreement

The government rented me a compact vehicle from the above location (239 robert smalls pkway). The car wa...

Enterprise Carcommercials

I used to love Enterprise commercial's creativity...now I run for the remote to change the channel. The incredible volume of these commercials is off the chart, ridiculous and unnecessary. I thought there was a law about overly loud commercials? These commercials are obnoxious. They don't get my attention in a good way, they make me not want to use the company.

Sep 25, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — jobs

I don't appreciate what Jennifer Livingston did to waste my time after an interview and delayed me with an...

Enterprise Rent-A-Carcustomer service

On September 13th I made a reservation through Priceline with Enterprise for a rental car for 4 days for my father. I was charged $33 for the insurance that I opted for time that I checked out with Priceline. Leaving a total of $145 to be paid at the time that the car was picked up. When my father went to go pick the car up he was first told you cannot rent a car without an electric bill in his name proving proof of residency. Unfortunately my dad only rent a room in someone else's home and the electricity bill is not in his name. He did, however, have mail from the DMV, Sacramento County Superior Courts, medical bills, mail from Social Security, all current mail from the same address as the address on his ID. You would think that this would have been sufficient showing proof of residency but the man working the front desk insisted that only an electric bill would be sufficient to prove his address. Then the man proceeded to tell my dad about how he didn't have full coverage insurance and therefore he would not be allowed to rent a car through Enterprise anyway. Which could be understandable if we hadn't paid for the optional insurance when I made the reservation through Priceline if you hours prior. Which, keep in mind, they had already charged his card the $33 for insurance coverage that they offer. My dad who had just gotten off of work and wasn't able to go home to change his clothes before he went to the Enterprise office off of Fair Oaks Boulevard in Carmichael California, was being treated as if he was inferior To the man (his name being Michael I believe). The Enterprise representative was not only extremely rude to my father, but was absolutely no help to him and finding some solution nor even offered a refund for the $33 he had already been charged. Needless to say, my father left the Enterprise office extremely upset and without a rental car. I I can promise you I will never refer anyone to Enterprise. Whether it be that store, a Carmichael California, or any other Enterprise in the country. Ever!!! I would like to see Michael go out and work as hard as my dad does every single day, out under the scorching Sun, and temperatures that can fry an egg on the cement. All well being 20 years his senior. My dad deserves to be treated with the utmost respect. Not treated like a low life bum expecting a free handout. Perhaps Enterprise should send all of their employees to a customer service etiquette class and require each employee she passed the class before they are allowed to begin actually working for the company.

Sep 11, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — car rental

Requested a car in person one month in advance 7/9/19. On 8/9/19 went to get the car, got an upgrade to Ford...

Enterprise Rent-A-Carenterprise damage recovery unit

I previously submitted a review detailing my experience with the Spokane Valley, Washington Enterprise branch. To pick up where I had left off, a rock had hit the windshield of my rental car(2019 Ford Flex) that I had returned to the branch on 05/13, upon returning, I signed an acknowledgment of the damage and asked how much the repair would cost, I was told that they(at the branch) had nothing to do with that and that corporate would be contacting me. I did receive a letter from the Damage Recovery Unit about a week later informing me that a claim number had been assigned and that I would be receiving a bill with "supporting documents". I called the number on the letter a few days later and was told that "the wheels move slowly" on something like this and to give it about 30 days. I thought this strange as the branch manager had informed me that it was a simple repair and it was fixed immediately by Safelite. After hearing nothing for a couple of weeks, I called back in and spoke to a young man named Cody who informed me that they were waiting for the branch to send them the bill and that it could take up to 30 days. I called back in a few weeks later after hearing nothing and spoke to Kristen who informed me that billing for certain vendors is only done once a month and that it could take up to 45 days for me to receive the bill, I accepted her timeline and agreed to wait even though this is not what I was previously told. I should mention calling in to the Damage Recovery Unit(Dru) is a painstaking and Time consuming process as you have to hold before speaking to the operator and giving your info and then hold again while you are being transferred to "the team" handling your claim. After nearly 60 days and hearing nothing, I called back in and spoke the to the most disrespectful and combative representative you could ever imagine, I have already submitted a complaint to Care @ Enterprise with a basic transcript of what he said to me so I'll leave the details out of this. He informed me that it could take 90 days to give me the information. I finally received a letter on July 27th, 77 days after the claim was initially opened! This informed me of the amount they were claiming I owed plus a $50 Administrative fee, total of $447. The funny thing about is that after all of this time, they still didn't send me the actual invoice from Safelite, in other words, they still had no proof to show me that this was legitimately what I owed. I called the branch and finally got the branch manager to email me a copy of the invoice, I have no idea why he couldn't have done this when I asked him about it just days after I returned the vehicle but at this point, I was just happy to finally see it. The invoice that he sent me does not match the amount that I'm being billed for, I would call this the very definition of Fraud. The DRU Called me last week to ask why I hadn't paid, I told her about the discrepancy and she told me that she would send t the bill to collections if I didn't pay, I told her to go right ahead. The bill is now with a collection agency and due to the way that I have been treated, they will never see a dime from me. It didn't have to be like this, I was ready and willing to pay for the Actual Damage from Day 1 but they insist on dragging this out and shrouding the process in secrecy so that they can throw in fraudulent charges and outrageous Administrative fees after wasting a significant amount of my time. Therefore, I'm considering this matter closed and by the way Enterprise, don't bother putting me on the "Do not rent list", I voluntarily pledge never to do business with the rental car company from hell ever again. I hope it's worth throwing customer service out the window by farming out this process to the lowest bidder(probably the same kids that were selling magazine subscriptions door to door a decade or so ago) to save a few pennies. At least with the money you save, you can afford to hire Kristen Bell as your spokesperson so I guess that's something.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 11, 2019

Erick Z.,
          We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this with you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
          Social Monitoring

• Updated by Erick Z · Sep 11, 2019

I already submitted a detailed e-mail to [email protected] on 06/28. I was told that the area manager would be in touch and I never heard anything from them.

Sep 05, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — car rental

I rented a car from Enterprise at Hamburg airport on July 23, 2019. I paid the car rental price in full...

Enterprise Rent-A-Carfalse damages claim #[protected]

Our employee rented a vehicle on 3/1/19 from Enterprise Rent a Care of Boston, LLC.

The rear bumper had damage at rental and was noted as a scratch on the agreement. Upon return of the vehicle, the attendant noted that the black plastic under the front left bumper had minor damage on the corner. No documentation was provided to the renter.

Two weeks later (3/13) we receive a letter of demand for damages, in the amount of $1, 600. No documentation or photos were provided.

An additional two weeks (3/28) go by (now a month past rental return) and an repair claim and photos of a completely different vehicle were provided.

I called the number on the demand letter (3/29) only to have a recording tell me that no calls were able to be received at the time. So, I sent an email (4/2) requesting additional documentation and clarification on the damage as the information provided did not match the claim request or the stated damage at return. TWELVE days (4/15) go by before I received a response from the Recovery Specialist with a poorly scanned copy of the original rental agreement, that is not readable and the assurance that the other requested documentation would be sent by the accounting department.

Two days (4/17) later another demand letter arrived, no additional documentation from return or photos of damage. Again, I sent a follow up email to the Recovery Specialist. The next day (4/18) the Specialist responded with partial information, no photos and still not documentation. Again we responded clarifying that the only damage noted to the renter was the lower black front bumper, no visible damage to the painted bumper. Clearly not as significant as shown in the claim or photos.

Four days later (4/24)again a response from the specialist, this time admitting that the photos provided as support for the claim weren't even for the vehicle in question and the claim was indeed incorrect. Again we requested the correct photos and documentation.

Two months later (6/20), we again receive an email with the erroneous claim and payment demand. We still have not received any accurate documentation, estimates or photos of the actual damage to the vehicle. My final email on 6/21 stated that until accurate documentation and photos of the actual damage to vehicle are provided no payment would be made.

Mind you within this time frame, I also received two other false damage requests from other Enterprise locations in the US. Those were disputed and dropped by those locations as they agreed the damages could not be substantiated on their end.

Yesterday (9/4) we again receive the same demand letter from a different Recovery Specialist. Again, I reiterate what I have stated for the past 6 months, until accurate documentation, photos and estimate are provided we will not make any payment.

Today (9/5), we received the same demand letter from the previous Recovery Specialist. Again, I reiterated that we will not be issuing any payments on a false claim.

I plan to pursue this false insurance claim.

Sincerely,
        In the insurance industry

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 11, 2019

JAMZee,
            Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your employee's full name, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding the experience with us.
            Social Monitoring

Sep 04, 2019

Enterprise Car Rental — discrimination

I called Enterprise about possibly renting one of there vehicles, I had gone inside just a few years prior to...

Aug 31, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — bad customer service & adding damages to the claim

My worst Car Rental experience ever. If you rent a car from the Nashua, NH, Main St Location, be VERY...

Aug 23, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — fraudulent damage claim

I rented a 2018 Nissan Altima on 7/24/19 at the Enterprise Location on the East Frwy. The rental agreement...

Enterprise Rent-A-Carinsurance

The adjuster is rude
          Zero knowledge
          Doesn't want to do her job
          Miss informing me about my rights
          Not accepting my claim in a timely matter all tho the driver admitted been at fault
          I have called enterprise for a claim about an accident that I was involved in, I have explained to the adjuster that I was stopping at the red light when all of the sudden a truck rear ended my vehicle
          The driver came out and said that he was sorry and that he was distracted
          We called the police and made a report
          The adjuster refuses to accept liability for the accident, saying that they have conduct a thorough investigation to see what really happened
          The reality here is that they are waiting for the credit card to kick in to cover the damages
          It's a trick that rental cars use to not spend any money fixing the cars, because they know that when you use a visa to rent a car, then visa covers all the damages accrued at that period
          But it takes for ever for them to kick any
          So I am left her without a rental car and with my car sitting in the parking
          Loosing money because my car is my main income as I drive for a living

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Aug 13, 2019

Mya ala have you gotten into a rental vehicle? If we can help out, please write to [email protected] with the complete details including your contact telephone number, email address, the exact rental location, and your rental agreement or reservation numbers so we can better assist you. Thank you! –Carol H.

Enterprise Rent-A-Carfraudulent damage or loss claim

DATE: August 2 2019

I have just received today an email from Enterprise for a Damage or Loss Claim for a vehicle that I rented early January, renewed numerous times up until June 1st when it was returned. The claim date was February 3rd which makes NO SENSE whatsoever since I was still in the vehicle and no claim was made or any type of communication (email, mail or calls) concerning any damages on the vehicle. I went through all the walk through inspections with a representative at the 2222 N University Drive branch in Coral Springs, and at any point did they mention a damage or loss on the vehicle. I dropped off the car at the Fort Lauderdale airport (which I have already had a bad experience prior to this rental as they are very disorganized with their dropoff process) and also did the walkthrough with the rep and he said they would email me my closed contract which did not happen till 3 days later. I have had this issue happen before and because of the negligence and irresponsibility of the airport not doing their due process on time I was charged days for a car I did not have because they could not find it on their property. Now once again I'm being held responsible for another person or employee's / company's irresponsibility. This is absurd and unethical especially months after the unit was returned and I will not be held accountable for something I did not due

I have rented numerous vehicle with Enterprise and feel I'm being taken advantage of, and will speak with the corporate offices and necessary contacts if the claims continues.

RGARCIA0418
                We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.

Enterprise Rent-A-Carrental vehicle

I rented a vehicle from Enterprise on 7/22/2019 and the following day the air conditioning quit working. I was on vacation with my small children and the temps were sweltering in the upper 90's. I immediately called the original site of rental in Plymouth, Indiana and was instructed to find the closest Enterprise and swap out the vehicle. I drove to the nearest enterprise and was turned away but given 5 more branches to try all within a 50 mile radius. I attempted the other branches and continued to be turned away stating they didn't have any vehicles to swap our with. I was told by two branches that they would call me later in the day as they had returns coming in and they would be able to do a swap later that day. I was never called back by either branch. The next day I called the customer service hotline where I was told once again they could not help me but they connected me with roadside assistance who they said would help. After an hour on the phone with them I was told they couldn't get a hold of any local branches but I could drive to nearby airports and see if any of them had the availability to swap out cars. I made it known to everyone I spoke with that my child cannot breath in this heat and it was imperative that I have working ac. After calling some airports I was told no availability. The following day I called Headquarters where I was given a glimmer of hope by the man on the other end of the phone. He assured me that my child's safety was their utmost concern and that policy is to help those already in possession of a vehicle over those with only reservations. He then connected me to roadside assistance where I spoke to the operator for another hour only to be told she could not help so she connected me back with our original branch in Plymouth, Indiana. I spoke with a rep named Rachael who stated she would need to make some calls and would get back with me by the close of business that day. I never heard from Rachel again. The following day I tried to reach out online to reps who all said they could help but they had to reach out to other resources. Bottom line, I'm now traveling home on a 10 hour trip, in 90 degree heat with my small children, in a vehicle with no air. It has started raining so we cannot even roll down the windows. My entire vacation was ruined due to this vehicle and now my children's safety is comprised due to the negligence of Enterprise. This is my first time with this company and I am astonished by the lack of care and compassion for small children. I paid in full before I took this vehicle and all I asked is that it be functional. I also asked if they could just fix the air or swap the vehicle out for a small car, anything that would be safe to drive my children in. I offered to downgrade and never asked for compensation. At this point I want compensation as my children were forced to stay in during this trip and now are being forced to drive home in a car that feels like an oven. I worked all year for this trip and it was completely destroyed over something that could have very easily been fixed by this company

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Aug 13, 2019

Mary K. Loftus, thank you for your review. If you can provide a few more details, we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental location, and the details of your experience stated above. - Carol H.

Enterpriserental car

I rented a car from Enterpise recently because my vehicle was hit in a parking lot. I noticed the truck was not in great shape (scratches, funny odor on inside, lots of stains), but I was in a hurry and accepted the truck. The person that checked me out did not do a "walk around" and had me sign the agreement on an iPad. He did not email me the agreement. When my vehicle was ready, I went to the shop to pick it up. I had to be at a conference two hours away and Enterprise instructed the auto shop for me to leave he vehicle there. Several hours later, I got a voicemail saying they had questions about the truck. I called them back and they said there was a dent in the truck and they had already taken it in for repairs. First of all, I did not dent the truck. The truck was fine when I left it at the auto shop. I called the auto shop and asked them if they had noticed damage and they said they had not. The manager said I would get a letter in the mail where I could disputed the claim. I feel I am getting caught up in a scam. I will be informing my insurance company and retaining legal counsel if necessary.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Aug 13, 2019

Heather Watson, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. I assure you that it's never our intention to inconvenience our customers. We would like to speak with you further. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this. Thank you. – Carol H.

• Mj
                    mj1968 Jul 25, 2019

I booked a rental for a court date (divorce and visitation). I was denied a rental because I didn't have enough to verify my identity.

This time, they said I needed...

Driver's License (check)
                    Credit card (check)
                    Utility bill (went online and downloaded three)
                    Pay stub (on disability)
                    Cell phone bill in my name (it's paid by my ex)
                    2nd utility bill (all is covered in my rent except electric)

The clencher is... Last month, I rented a car from the same location, with the same DL and credit card and purchased their insurance coverage. No problem.

Enterprise is costing me my "day in court" because they didn't disclose that they were going to arbitrarily make it IMPOSSIBLE for me to get there. I couldn't get an Uber because of distance (I live two hours away from my ex and the courthouse is in Chicago) and Lyft wants two credit cards.

Jul 18, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — deposit refund

I don't understand why it takes so long to return my money? I unfortunately used a debit card so Enterprise...

Jul 17, 2019

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — invisible dent on car

I rented a car from enterprise did walk around everything was fine, as I was driving down the highway the...