Enterprise Rent-A-Carracial profiling

B Nov 22, 2018

I have had multiple issues with Enterprise but figured that the representatives were having a bad day. I have called out a few situations at enterprise when I truly knew I've been racially profiled ; then only to be patronized by Enterprise employees (Station Manager). I have called the customer service deescalation number for assistance; however, never getting my issue resolved (demeaning me further). My husband completed the registration online for me for a premium SUV (Chevrolet Suburban). I know I was racially profiled again on 11/21/18 in Old town Alexandria, Va. When I arrived at the counter there were two Caucasian females both to assist me. When they looked up my information they both looked at each other while i was standing there, one of the female's switched the keys on the counter (as if I was blind and did not see them); I inquired if there was an issue? One of the ladies paused and said that both the Tahoe and Suburban vehicles were identically the same. She then continued to switch out the keys from the Suburban to the Tahoe (which had multiple issues). Now keep in mind that this is Thanksgiving Eve and I needed to get on the road to travel home, I didn't know what she was talking about until my husband informed me that the car wasn't a premium car that I was being charged /paying for, and told me that I should've received a Suburban.

I am a African American female with over 15 years of experience as a Master of Social Work that supervise a clinical program teaching adolescents on this very issue.

I am appalled at the very treatment that I have been given as an Enterprise Plus Member and a paying customer of the Corporation.

I am officially putting this on our our Core Agency Web site to inform all of our over 5, 000 employees of this Metropolitan area. So that they avoid Enterprise and avoid them being humiliated as I have been on 11/21/18 and again another situation with enterprise at DCA on 11/17/18.

RESOLVED

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Nov 28, 2018

Brendalan Jackson,
    We’ve noted your review and would like the chance to discuss this with you directly. Please send a detailed email to [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your rental agreement or reservation numbers and the information provided here.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,