Menu
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Enterprise Rent-A-Car
reviews & complaints

www.enterprise.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.1 932 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Complaints Summary

721 Resolved
200 Unresolved
Our verdict: You can expect a very good level of service from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. To navigate their system effectively, thoroughly understand their service scope. Check online forums and review sites for others' experiences. When contacting customer service, clear and concise communication can help resolve your issues faster.
Claimed
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

Newest Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews & complaints

H
4:29 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Damages not caused by me the driver

May 14th @ the 8868 Sierra Ave fontana, ca, interprise car rental @ 11:47 am RA#9R5084 I booked a one way car rental with interprise as I being shown the vehicle by the girl agent, and I noticed a cracked bumper I pointed out to her and she told me not to worry about it as it was already acknowledged Pryor to me, and as I continued to review the vehicle for further possible more damage I was being rushed, by her the car agent, I have proof of the damage I am now being blamed for the same damage,

Desired outcome: Yes I want to be posted

View 0 more photos

3:36 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Dangerous rental car

I was given a rental car that had wheel bearing noise, very loud. I drive 1/2 block and turned around. I refused the car, they said that was the last one, they also said it was a small problem that caused the noise. They told me since I drove the car off the lot they will charge me for the day. This is so unfair and gross. My husband picked me up. The manager negotiated a compromise with me, however, later I found out I was still charged for the day with the bad car. This location is badly managed. They lost my appointment for the car (might have been a lie) I was helped last after 5 other people. That's why they gave me the bad car. Just a lousy place...6-24-22.

Still is a bad memory, experience.

Desired outcome: Compensation for and refund of the first 1/2 block driven car. They knew it was a bad car.

J
9:37 pm EDT
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has left an official reply on this complaint.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car The manager in Enterprise rent-a-car on 19002 W Dixie Hwy is very rude to customers.

The manager in Enterprise rent-a-car on 19002 W Dixie Hwy, Miami, FL 33180 is very rude to customers. He treats customers like trash. The manager's customer service is very terrible. A new manager is needed immediately in the Enterprise rent-a-car on 19002 W. Dixie Hwy, Miami Florida 33180. The manager doesn't care about giving people good customers service. The manager in Enterprise rent-a-car 19002 W. Dixie Hwy, Miami Florida 33180 have a bad attitude. This should not be tolerated in Enterprise rent-a-car 19002 W. Dixie Hwy, Miami Florida 33180.

Desired outcome: New Manager immediately in the Enterprise rent-a-car on 19002 W. Dixie Hwy, Miami Florida 33180.

4:18 pm EDT
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has left an official reply on this complaint.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car The manager in Aventura Enterprise rent-a-car in North Miami Beach gives customers terrible customer service.

The manager in Aventura Enterprise rent-a-car in North Miami Beach gives customers terrible customer service. The manager in Aventura Enterprise rent-a-car north miami beach is very rude to customers. He treats customers like trash. As a customer I am disappointed and disgusted the bad attitude, I received from this manager in Aventura Enterprise rent-a-car in North Miami Beach. He is yelling and disrespect customers. A New manager is needed in the Aventura Enterprise rent-a-car in North Miami Beach immediately. A manager that's appreciate and respect customers.

Desired outcome: New Manager is needed immediately in Aventura Enterprise rent-a-car North Miami Beach.

7:45 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Car rental

Recently rented a car from Enterprise, due to my personal vehicle needing some work done. The time frame to drop my vehicle off at the body shop was a Monday morning and Enterprise was to pick me up at 9am. I called the previous Friday to ensure the appointment with Enterprise was still standing and that they would be at the location to get me at 9am -This specific time was set up 2 weeks prior because I had no other ride, the location opened at 8- and I had issues with Enterprise previously where they hadn’t picked me up at all, and I had a Dr appt the same day at 10am. On the Friday I called, they at first couldn’t find my appt, and then after a few minutes did find me and assured me they would be there on time.

Monday I arrived at the body shop to drop my car off at 8:30 and waited. At 9 am, they were nowhere to be found, and remembering my conversation with them that Friday where they couldn’t even find me in the system I started to get worried. 9:02 I called to see if they were still coming, and the person who answered the phone stated the driver JUST left and would meet me in 10 minutes. (I need to mention the distance between the Enterprise location and the body shop is a 3.8 mile drive- which takes roughly 9 minutes with stops and red lights) 9:43 the driver finally showed at the body shop I was at. No apologies, just the comment “We’ve been so busy this morning.” I arrived at the Enterprise location and noticed several other workers there (so I was confused, because it appeared they had the manpower)

At 10:34 I was finally getting keys in hand and inspecting the outside of the vehicle with a separate Enterprise worker, - I know this specific time, because I sent a pic of some damage of the vehicle to my spouse so it would be time stamped and dated. Signed my ppwk and was on my way (Onviously I had to canceled and reschedule my Dr appt)

As I was driving down the road, a shiny sticky substance caught my attention on the steering wheel buttons, right where I was touching. At a red light, I briefly looked around the inside of the vehicle to see dirt everywhere. The same substance coming out of the vents, on the console, on the drivers side door and handle, the steering column, and on the dash board. A cigarette burn on the passenger seat, crumbs and dirt everywhere, a snot-like looking substance swiped on several locations of the back seats and the ceiling of the vehicle. There was obvious food droppings in the corners and cracks of the center console and the shifting gear. I still had a 30 minute drive ahead of me to get home, but was disgusted and grossed out by the stickiness I was touching as I was driving. When I got home, I took a closer look inside the vehicle and saw the backseat windows had smeared and fingerprints all over them on the inside! Crumbs, hairs, and snot-like crusties all throughout the back seat. I had a flyer in the car I looked at that explained Enterprise’s “Clean car guarantee” - 17 out of the 20 surfaces in the vehicle mentioned on the flyer that would be “clean” guaranteed were not. Plus, it was mentioned every vehicle would come with 1 Clorox wipe (due to Covid- and Enterprise understanding Covid- and going above and beyond to ensure customers health safety and concerns) which was not in the vehicle and would’vebeen greatly appreciated so my drive home would not have been so uncomfortable.

I called and reached out to the company, because I was disgusted by the dirtiness, and did not want to be charged upon returning the vehicle in such a nasty state- and the operator stated she noted it in my account. Which I’m apprehensive about, because they’ve already shown on several occasions, there’s ongoing confusion on their part. I emailed Enterprise also, but have not heard back from them, even though after I sent the email, a message popped up stating that they would contact me. I have many pictures to prove my claim, but they don’t seem to interested in seeing them.

I am extremely disappointed and don’t think I will ever use this company again. A little dirt, I can understand, but this was OBVIOUS and apparent that nobody touched the inside of the vehicle from the last driver. I thoroughly cleaned the inside parts of the vehicle that I would be using while driving- some places I had to really scrub- but I am grossed out to even get in the vehicle to drive it, seeing all the other dirt and questionable substances throughout the inside of the rest of the vehicle.

(I have a lot more pics- but having trouble downloading all)

Desired outcome: A follow up at the least!

U
11:43 am EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Our bad experience with Enterprise Rent-A-Car Branch

It is with great disappointment that I must bring to your attention the unacceptable experience my wife and I encountered at the Enterprise Branch located at 5860 Wiles Rd Coral Springs, FL, US, 33067. On April 27th 2023, I picked up a rental (Sonata) through Coconut Creek Hyundai dealership, where Nicholas Hernandez escorted me to the vehicle, inspected it, handed me the keys and I signed. The same day I saw an alert that the car oil was only 2%. On Saturday while my family were leaving church it gave an alert that it needed to be changed and I noticed a screw in the tire necessitating a return to the branch so I called the Branch and Chad said to bring it in they close at 2pm.

We arrived at the branch around 1:20pm and were given a choice of 4 vehicles, Charger, Rav4, Jeep Compass and a Ford EcoSport. We need a vehicle that can fit our family so the Ford was not an option so we said let’s go with the Rav4, Chad Corace escorted us to the vehicle and handed us the keys which I mentioned when I got the Sonata it was on empty and I returned it at half tank, Chad said “I will give you a half of a tank credit on the outgoing vehicle” which in the end we didn’t receive. Upon entering the vehicle, we noticed the vehicle was dirty all over, so we went back inside to mention it to Chad, we told him let’s try the Jeep, he put the contract on the counter with the keys and said “have a good day”, no escort to the vehicle this time. We opened the Jeep Compass and it was filthier than the Rav4, so my wife suggested to go back in and request some sanitizing wipes to wipe down the vehicle because there wasn’t any in either vehicle like our previous rentals.

I entered the branch and told Chad I needed some wipes because the vehicle too was filthy and it started with and attitude saying that it wasn’t dirty, I mentioned what I saw and said we have video of the filth and he got even more defensive with an attitude, some of what he said was to his standards both vehicles were clean, I said both rentals I had previously were clean these were not. He asked what I want him to do I said I just need a clean vehicle, he said he gave me 4 vehicles to choose from, I said what about the Charger and he said “it’s gone for a lofr”.

He said “I can give me 100 keys to choose from what do you want me to do because we leave in 5 minutes.” I said I just need a clean vehicle, with Chad's lack of professionalism escalated, and at this time our voices were elevated, I turned to Mr. Hernandez who throughout the entire experience, who initially escorted me to the first vehicle, remained silent and uninvolved, was leaning against the wall not saying anything and said can I deal with you, he said he’s not getting involved. I heard him quietly said that the Ford EcoSport was clean, then Chad pulled the key but didn’t hand it to me but open the car from behind the counter, so I went out to look in it and saw it was clean, so I gave a thumbs up and walked to get my wife that was still in the Jeep Compass.

On our way back to the door another customer entered behind us, I told Chad we can take the Ford EcoSport, my wife said no that’s too small for our family to fit a fairly big car seat, then Chad started again complaining about me, saying I was disrespectful and abusive, we just left church and I don’t disrespect or swear at people, I take pride in my character. My wife then started to talk with him where she told him if he escorted us to the 2nd vehicle, he would have seen how dirty it was, his response was “don’t tell me how to do my job”. While he was dealing with his customer, Mr. Hernandez turned and started to yell at me saying “this is getting me upset,” while he was in front of his customer, I responded to him saying that’s why I tried talking to you before to handle the situation because he seems more level headed than Chad. He expressed how he felt while I listened without saying anything and then he listened to me but nothing changed our situation because he didn’t communicate with Chad. It seems the reason he didn’t want to get involved because he didn’t want to throw his teammate under the bus.

Then a Spanish guy (the person who seem to clean the cars) came from the back interjecting yelling at me saying “don’t talk to my manager”. I told him that he’s not helping the situation to go back, Chad then told him to go back.

I told Chad I will be filing a complaint with Cooperate, he asked what did I say and I repeated myself and instantly he stepped back and abruptly stated that he could no longer provide me with a vehicle. My wife asked how we’re supposed to get home and he said “sorry you can take an Uber” he then proceeded to pack up the keys.

We went to the dealership and explained ourselves and they then reserved a rental in my wife’s name. The following Monday May 5th 2023, my wife called the branch and spoke to Chad to let them know she’ll be on her way to pick up a vehicle with the new reservation from the dealer. He told her he’s not renting her a vehicle. This was absurd considering he said on Saturday “she was nice to him”, what reasoning does he have for not renting her a vehicle?

I’ve reached out the Area Manager Akeem Williams a few times with no response to both of his company’s’ email addresses with no response.

I’ve reached out to Regional VP Mitchell Stone with no response also!

As a customer-oriented business, I expected more from Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and the conduct of Chad and his team was unbecoming of a branch manager. I had hoped for a more professional response to my concerns and a resolution to the issue of the vehicle's cleanliness. Instead, I was met with hostility, unresponsiveness, and a refusal to provide me with a rental vehicle. It’s still puzzling to me why Chad wasn’t more professional and as a Branch Manager he was supposed to treat that branch as if it’s his personal business. I’m also curious how many more customers had this experience and didn’t complain to Enterprise, it’s a bad reflection and reputation tarnishing attitude to have toward customers who he was hired to serve!

*I’ve since found out from the dealership that this isn’t the first time Chad has represented Enterprise Rent-A-Car in this manner of behavior and providing dirty vehicles.

I have been a loyal customer of Enterprise Rent-A-Car for many years, and I have never had a problem before like this. I am very disappointed with the service I received at this location. I hope that you will take my complaint seriously and take steps to ensure that this does not happen again and provide a follow-up email on what corrective actions were taken.

Desired outcome: Contact from the company!

11:11 am EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Unwarranted billing invoice

Like others on this board, I started out with renting a car from Enterprise. To their credit, the agents were friendly. Unfortunately I was involved in a accident that was mostly out of my control. I was on I-89 in Vermont and a portion of the road was icy. Miraculously I survived. This is when things started going downhill. Instead of being asked if I even was OK, Enterprise's Damage Recovery Unit just brought up the issue of money which was a little shocking to say the least. I got in touch with the Damage Recovery Unit and it seems like they aren't showing any goodwill in helping resolve this manner for the billing invoice I received. They stated they want to bring this matter to an amicable conclusion, but I respectfully don't see any initiative on their end.

On top of that, they want to blacklist me already from renting across their car rental companies (Alamo, National, Enterprise). When I mention this has all been overwhelming for me in light of the circumstances, I don't see any compassion and customer care being showed.

I have had good experiences with Enterprise before and I don't want this experience to put a stain on this. I want to rent again from Enterprise in the future, as I'd much prefer this be resolved on good terms.

Desired outcome: Charges reduced/ and or dropped, and also removed from the renting blacklist.

Update by Kiam
May 24, 2023 1:41 pm EDT

Complaint still hasn't been resolved. Will update if this changes.

A
3:19 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Rental car

On the 4th of May the manager at 4917 N University Dr Lauderhill Fl, told me I could not get car and to get out 1 I have multiple customers seeing how distasteful this manager was because I asked her she could move a little faster I was on lunch seeing she was talking about personal issue while I was waiting. I contacted my insurance company and to my surprise, she has done this with multiple people and enterprise have yet to remove this employee. I hope that as loyal customers of yours. You will listen to our concerns as poor customer service is unacceptable especially hindering me from getting a car.

Desired outcome: I will like this employe to be removed! She is very disrespectful.

12:08 pm EDT
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has left an official reply on this complaint.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Stephenville TX associate, Morgan gave wrong info and charged extra days rental

We needed an Enterprise rental car in Stephenville TX for my son. He tried for days and days and nobody was there or answered the phone, finally one day he went by there and was able to make a reservation for a car, Morgan told him that it was going to cost additional $20 a day to rent a car because he was under 25. I called her and verified this and said he couldn’t afford that, said I could get the car in my name. I took off work and drove down there on 10-6-22 to pick up car (3 hours round trip) and when filling out paperwork, she said that I didn’t need to be there that he could of done it. She never once listened to my son or me, just assumed that we were talking about wanting extra coverage. We never asked for extra coverage, just wanted a car that insurance would cover. My son returned the car within a week since auto shop kept pushing his date out further to get repaired, so he filled it up and returned the car, since they r not open on weekends, Morgan charged us additional days for the car! I tried to talk to Morgan about checking video when he dropped it off and she said they only keep 3 months. I didn’t know she over charged us till 2nd rental for car repairs on 4-7-23 in Arlington, TX to fix my sons car and they said insurance wouldn’t cover full time in shop because we went over 30 days, which isn’t true, because Morgan charged more time than we had the car!

Desired outcome: To credit us the 2 extra days that Morgan in Stephenville charged us for not being there and not getting the car checked in till Monday October 17th.

Read full review of Enterprise Rent-A-Car and 1 comment

1 comment
Mrs. Roy
, US
Jun 05, 2023 2:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It has not been resolved! I was out of town, replied to Enterprise, still waiting for them to contact Manager and still waiting!

E
3:16 pm EDT
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has left an official reply on this complaint.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reimbursement for out of pocket expenses when rental car died.

My wife and I rented a car in Denver in early October of 2022 for a week. The car was a new Chevy Malibu. We drove it down to Telluride and on a Sunday the car seized up and I assume the alternator died. We pulled over and got a jump for the battery. The car started immediately but as soon as the jumper cables were pulled off our battery the car died again. We were in a semi rural part of Colorado and again it was a Sunday. The tow truck (I purchased insurance for this) could not come until Monday morning. We needed to get a ride back to Telluride (we were on our way to New Mexico and had a Airbnb reserved for Sunday night) as this was the closest town (about 10 miles away). We got the ride back into town and spent the night in Telluride and then needed to get a ride to Montrose, CO. Enterprise said this was the nearest rental place that had another car for us. This all happened on October 9th and 10th. I have contacted Enterprise about this and LaNeka from customer service was assisting in this issue with a claim #250831. This was in January of 2023 and I have not heard from this purpose since. I can give you the email discussion if you want.

Desired outcome: I would just like to be reimbursed for the extra night in a hotel in Telluride and then the cost back to Telluride on the afternoon of the 9th and then the cost to Montrose

7:48 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Rental car

Confirmation number is [protected]. Reserved full size rental car. Chevy Malibu or similar. When I arrived they said they didn't have one but gave me a Nissan Kick which they said was a midsize SUV. After driving a little while I looked this up because this vehicle felt very small. I then called the place I rented from and said this SUV is not a mid size SUV it is a compact size. The rental price is close but the vehicle is smaller. I said I thought if you didn't have the vehicle I reserved that they give you the next size up not down. All they would do is say the vehicle cost the same. And they didn't have a car. I can trade it in tomorrow. I'm sure I can do that while I'm driving to Atlanta. I called the enterprize help line and explained everything to that person and he insisted since the Chevy Malibu says it has 5 people and 4 bags and the Nissan Kick says the same it is the same size vehicle. Later looked that up on the enterprise site and it was incorrect also. The Kick only list a 3 bags. But if I would look up The physical dimensions of the 2 vehicles the Chevy would have more cabin space. I feel I have been down graded in my rental.

Desired outcome: To be dealt with like a normal customer who is just asking for what he paid for.

J
7:48 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Mislead on prepaid fuel charges

On April 8 I rented a car from the company on Pulaski Hwy in Newark, Delaware. I decided to take advantage of the advertised price of fuel for $2.99 a gallon. When the agent returned from the gas station she said "I filled it up". The tank was on empty. I said I told you that I would not need much gas at which time she informed me that we could adjust it on my return. Well on the return it became a different story. She said that the contract would go back to an empty tank and that I am being charged $4.19 a gallon. Therefore, I am paying $56.81 for a quarter tank of gas. Can you image my shock of paying that amount of money for driving a total of 66 miles. My personal vehicle was in for repairs. I have tried without success to resolve this problem but the customer service that I have received has been far from satisfactory. I attempted to file a complaint with the company via the chat room on April 13, promised a phone call never received. On April 14,17,18, 24 spoke with customer service representatives via phone call, each time promised a return call from a supervisor or someone that could help never happened. Again on line I filed a complaint via computer with the support on line team on April 24 again no answer, no contact from anyone. I have tried to be patient as I know I am not the only customer.

Desired outcome: I want to be charged the $2.99 a gallon that I signed up for in the beginning and not $4.19 a gallon.

T
1:20 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Customer service / roaches / billing

I am attempting to reach Ms. Chrissy Taylor to discuss an issue I have been unable to resolve with a very minor billing issue between Enterprise and Mercury Insurance. It all started when I received a car do to me being in an accident. The car I as put given in Holly Hill Florida I later found to have a mechanical issue with the brakes and the interior was infested with cockroaches. It was at night and not knowing what to do I called Enterprise Corporate. I was instructed to take the car immediately to Melbourne Airport for a replacement. Upon arriving the young lady on duty in the return area assumed I was returning the car not exchanging it and cancelled my contract. As a result, the employee inside wrote a new contract to put me into a safe vehicle without roaches and with good brakes. I informed Mercury the following day to contact Enterprise to reopen the original contract. I returned the car to the airport 3 days short of my time allowed with Mercury. Several months later my wife and I went to rent a car at the Harbor City Location. I was told I had my ID had been stolen and a car had been rented in my name in Oklahoma? I called Enterprise and was told I owed funds due to Mercury not paying for my rental. Mercury is agreeing to pay the contract amount, but I'm told Enterprise wants the whole amount charged? I was also told I agreed to go to another branch the following day from me exchanging cars at the airport, per the notes on my account. I have no recall of this and if it had been suggested I would of declined as I was aware do to work hours, time constraints and distance I would never be able to go there while they are open for business. I'm reaching out for help as a valued and long term customer. To me this seems like a button push on keyboard resolution. My wife Dr. Paulette Howell and I have nothing but good things to say and great experiences with Enterprise and hope to keep it that way. I can be reached at [protected]@yahoo.com and or [protected]. Thank you for your time, effort and continued success. Respectfully yours, Tom Gibson

Desired outcome: Accept the agreed to contractual offered by Mercury for the rental exchanged for a mechanical faulty and cock roach infested car. I was not responsible for the original contact being terminated by an untrained Enterprise employee

F
4:35 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Rental car

On February 12,2023 we reserved a car through Enterprise for April 18,2023 in Harlingen Texas. We arrived there and were met at or taxi with “don’t let your taxi leave, we don’t have a car for you. We had our confirmation code and copies of our paperwork and the lady said reservations mean nothing because we don’t require a credit card to reserve them. We were stranded. No cars available anywhere due to the spacex launch. I would not recommend renting from enterprise.

Desired outcome: An apology and maybe reimbursement for the taxis and Ubers we had to take to get us transportation to South Padre Island.

1:09 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car My rental car

I reserved a vehicle for 4/18/23 for 8am pickup was called shortly after informing me that I couldn’t pick up vehicle til 3pm. I missed my exam that was scheduled for that morning, which meant I forfeited my exam fee, had to pay again and can’t reschedule until next month. Picked up my vehicle around 3pm, the vehicle was disgusting, there was a hole in the flooring, smelled like smoke in a non smoking vehicle and last but most disgusting especially with covid and all other bacteria infections going on the seats were filthy had big black stains in both front seats. This vehicle should’ve never been rented to anyone.

B
10:59 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Return detailing fee

On April 20th at 5:15am I returned my rental car. We were visiting the SMALL island of Guam( sand is all around the island)
I was told the car wasn’t full enough. I filled it three miles from the airport.
THEN they said they would have to charge me a detail fee as there was sand in the car!
So from getting in and out of the car, and then putting a few things in the trunk there was a little sand.. It was clean otherwise.
If they had told me NO SAND in the car upon return I would have tried harder NOT to get sand in the car.
I’ve never been charged for detailing while returning a car as long as there’s no trash etc.
I want a refund for that fee, that’s unacceptable but they know you have to catch a flight and don’t have time to argue the fee! It was $183!
My name is Beth Bogard and I picked the car up at WonPat airport, GUAM.
Will you please look into this and email me back?
You should be able to find the reservation
Thank you for your time with this issue

Desired outcome: Refund of “detailing fee”

B
1:22 am EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Billing over charges

price since the car i had to be towed.

That wasn't true which brings me to the next

Rental agreement 7FQ8V5.

So I was paying 274.99 a week (8/2-8/30) 4 weeks prior supposed to stay the same price because car was towed

of course once I see the bill they had charged me 372.46 the same as the 1st car I've gotten no discount for the cheaper car and they also even charge me $12.12 for a gallon of gas which the car had to be towed to enterprise which was not my fault. What kind of nonsense is that its your responsibility to make sure the cars are good to drive.who is responsible for checking the cars for service issues before letting them out to be rented?

They definitely dropped the ball! (372.46-274.99=97.47 + 12.12= $109.59)2nd overcharge 135.44(previous month) + 109.59= 245.03

Next would be

Rental agreement 7HD525.

From ( 9/6 - 10/11) is 5 weeks which is correct then

Charged again for 1 day

(10/11 - 10/11) im charged 43.20 for 1 day. (3rd overcharge 43.20 + 245.03=288.23)

What is this do we make up charges for no reason ?

After presenting this to angelina i hear nothing for a couple of weeks so I'm calling trying to find out what's going on but can never get ahold of her. At this point I'm getting all these excessive charges in a row from enterprise and nobody can tell me why or let me see the charges. Finally I get ahold of Angelina on December 9th 3 weeks since the last time I talked to her. In 3 weeks I was charged 6 times and I'm furious on

11/14 charged 2 times $574 & $347.39 in one day. 11/21 charge $347. 39. On 11/23 $206.89,on 11/30 $347.49 and 12/ 02 $284 93. How can you say in 3 weeks getting charged $2,107.99 is correct

I set a date which was the next Tuesday to meet with her at 1:15 . She agrees that we need to go over all these charges and all the mistakes and she agreed and said she will be there.so I go to enterprise at 1:15 sharp of course she's not there and was told to go to the new location that just opened down the street in anaheim hills she was there. I get there she wasn't there and the kid at the counter puts me on his cell phone speaker and some guy says he was the area manager. He says he looked over my file and everything was correct and he was terminating my contract with enterprise and wanted me to turn over the car and leave me stranded. Being extremely rude over the phone he said that i was unreliable and I was shocked all of a sudden when I've been getting over charged now you want to terminate the contract on what basis he said because it wasn't working out for them and they had to chase me down to get payment which was totally incorrect. I said how can that be when you were charging my card for months on your own without my authorization. I told him no way i was leaving the car and i would bring the car back next tues which would be at the end of the 5th week month like agreed. I said you've overcharged me and wont show me the charges or explian them to me.Especially the 6 times I was charged in the last 3 weeks of renting. I know why they wouldn't show me the last bill Anybody could see by looking at the charges how ridiculous they are as shown in

Agreement 82P5QV

Anyone could see right off the bat I was charged per day for 5 weeks and not given the weekly rate I was getting for 5 months prior how convenient for you since it would be alot more.Also take a look it looks ridiculous charging per day looks for 1 month @ $43.20 -day rate

(11/10-11/15) 5 days $216.00

(11/15-12/15)31 days $1,349.20 which equals $1,708.97

(Are you out of your mind who would agree to that, also look how they broke it up 31 days and 5 days charging per day. That was purposely done so i wouldn't get the weekly rate I've had for 4 months now.)

From (11/10-12/15) is 5 weeks which should be $ 1,084.95

That is another $624.02 overcharged which is great for you but wrong.

So let's add it up $288.23 for over charges first 5 months

Last month $624.02

Plus $300 deposit which equals $1,212.25.

That should explain why 2 calls to the main enterprise # letting them know I was cheated overcharged and threatened by a so called area manager requesting someone from corporate to call me was never returned.This is what enterprise has come to you overcharge someone then play hard to get and after countless tries getting nowhere. The facts are all there. I even let you know a rock had hit the windshield on the freeway on the last car I had and that I would take care of it. Since I was extremely overcharged and out $1212.25 dollars you would have taken the money from what I was cheated. But of course I get shined and can't speak to anyone with any kind of authority. It's also funny that I was a so called vip with enterprise with a bunch of free rental days I was never able to use either. This is unfair and I hope some one will get back to me since I'm ready to report this to the bbb. Hopefully someone with authority or from corporate will get back to me asap.

Desired outcome: Would like to get wrongful charges corrected

View 0 more photos
Update by Blas Castaneda
Apr 27, 2023 10:42 am EDT

I have done all that Chad but still haven't heard anything..

D
11:50 am EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Car rental

Rented a vehicle from 2/24/23 to 4/10/23 as my vehicle was involve in a not-in-fault car accident. I returned the rental (8ZQ8N9) on 4/10/23, walked the vehicle with the associate and was given the green light. There was no damage noticed by myself or Enterprise at this time. On 4/15/23, I receive an email from their Damage Recovery Unit stating there was damage to the vehicle. They simply requested my Credit Card or Insurance Information and there was no details about the damage, costs or further any evidence that I was the responsible party.

I requested time-stamped photos of pick-up and return, information about rentals after return, etc all of which was ignored by the local office. In fact, Travis the manager was extremely rude to me in attempting to seek further clarification.

I have had nothing short of excellent services from Enterprise in the past, so I am hoping this is a simple error that will be resolved quickly.

Desired outcome: I would appreciate complete resolution of this claim as there was no new damage to this vehicle upon return.

Update by DanDRentalCar
Apr 18, 2023 12:46 pm EDT

Chad,

I have sent you an email with the requested information. - Dan

Enterprise responded quickly to my letter and my case was assigned to a regional department. Within 5 days, they closed the claim and I was not responsible for whatever damage I supposedly caused. They did the right thing and I will continue doing business with them, but I will prophylactically purchase their insurance as to avoid this situation in the future.

12:07 am EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Enterprise rental car

My car was in the shop for maintenance, and my mechanic had to order parts. My car was being worked on for everyday wear and tear of a vehicle that has over 130k miles. Because of ordering parts, I had to extend my car rental and rented the car for seven days beginning March 15 from Enterprise in Lanham, Maryland.

Before driving off, my boyfriend and I walked around the car and noted the damages. There were evident marks on the right side of the passenger wheel area that looked like the car had rolled over a curb or something elevated. The young lady said the damage had already been noted, so I didn't consider it. When I got in the car and began driving, I noticed the vehicle had lane change assist. I chalked this up as to why the car would occasionally shake and not operate as smoothly.

I returned the car the evening after I got off work on March 22 because the facility closed at 5 pm. The next day I received a message stating the car was received, but there was damage to the undercarriage and brakes.

I called back immediately and was told I must have run over or hit something. I knew that wasn't the case and asked to speak with the manager. I was placed on hold for a while, so I hung up. My boyfriend called them about 20 minutes later, and we were placed on a three-way call with the manager.

I asked the manager whether the car had been checked before I rented it, and he said it was. I asked for proof of that information, including dates and evidence of the condition it was returned in before me. I asked for pics of the undercarriage before I rented it or proof there was no prior damage, and he explained the communication with the shop that checks the cars was verbal, which was a red flag for me. He also stated that they only check cars when they believe an issue exists. Checking cars when you think there are issues told me that the undercarriage damage could have very well been there when I got the car, but my continued driving on the existing issue may have made the situation worse. But I was NOT the one that caused the initial damage, so I am confused why it is now falling on me.

Knowing I did not cause this damage, I am requesting the following:

I need paper proof, time-stamped photos of the car before I rented it, and documentation of the previous rental before me. I need details of when the vehicle was rented and when the scuff damage that was previously there before my rental occurred. As we all should know, when you drive on something already damaged, the damage only worsens. As mentioned, I refuse to pay for something already damaged, knowing I didn't cause it.

My route to and from work has been the same for years, with no car issues on my vehicle. I also have a clean driving record.

If I hit something, I would take ownership and not speak out or deny anything, but knowing I didn't cause the damage, I will not let this slide. Enterprise in Lanham is trying to pin undercarriage damage on me unfairly.

My boyfriend's card has been charged for the damage, but as stated, we need the following:

History and photos of the car before I rented it, including the undercarriage

And Pictures after I rented it and pictures of the condition of the undercarriage after I had the car.

Enterprise Location:

9405 Lanham Severn Rd.

Lanham Seabrook

9:15 pm EDT

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Rental

Who It May Concern;

My car was vandalized on April 1st, 2023. My insurance company sent me to this place Located in: Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel Address: Sheraton, 15 S 36th St, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Iv’e been call this business and no answer about this matter. Im very upset with this location. I don’t know what games you’re playing with me. When I returned the car to Enterprise on April 4th, 2023 at the airport Address: 7001 Essington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19153 it was in perfect shape and the person signed off. All of a sudden As of 4/8/2023 I received an email at 2am in the morning saying that this vehicle was damage. I reported to my insurance company and they even say this is very very strange. I will never rent any thing from enteprize again. I will let Councilman President Darrell L. Clarke of Philadelphia and Senator Sharif Street who I work with about this business. I’ve been calling and email with no response. Your playing with right person now.

Yours In Christ

Sandra Streeter
, US
Apr 27, 2023 5:55 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

To me this complaint is not resolved and no one has attempted to contact me. As I have said I will never do business with this location ever again and I have also told my City Officials about this as well and they assured me that they will support me about this location as well for the city of Philadelphia about Enterprise.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Customer Reviews Overview

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a highly reputable car rental company that has been in operation for over 60 years. The company has a strong presence in the United States and operates in over 90 countries worldwide. Enterprise Rent-A-Car has received numerous positive reviews from customers who have used their services.

One of the most notable positive points about Enterprise Rent-A-Car is their exceptional customer service. Customers have praised the company for their friendly and helpful staff who go above and beyond to ensure that their needs are met. Additionally, the company has a wide range of vehicles to choose from, including economy cars, SUVs, and luxury vehicles.

Another positive point about Enterprise Rent-A-Car is their competitive pricing. Customers have reported that the company offers affordable rates, especially when compared to other car rental companies. Additionally, the company offers various discounts and promotions, making their services even more accessible to customers.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car has also received positive reviews for their convenient rental process. Customers have reported that the company's online booking system is easy to use and that the pickup and drop-off process is quick and efficient. Additionally, the company offers a variety of rental options, including one-way rentals and long-term rentals.

Overall, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a highly recommended car rental company that offers exceptional customer service, competitive pricing, and a convenient rental process. Customers can trust that they will receive high-quality service when renting a vehicle from Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car In-depth Review

Company Overview:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a well-established car rental company with a rich history. Founded in 1957, it has grown to become one of the largest car rental companies in the world. The company's mission is to provide excellent service and value to its customers while maintaining a strong commitment to integrity and community involvement. With thousands of locations worldwide, Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers convenient rental options for customers around the globe.

Services Offered:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers a wide range of vehicles for rent, catering to various needs and preferences. From compact cars to SUVs and luxury vehicles, customers can choose the perfect vehicle for their travel requirements. Additionally, the company provides convenient pickup and drop-off services, making it easy for customers to access their rental vehicles. Insurance options are also available, ensuring peace of mind during the rental period. Moreover, Enterprise Rent-A-Car frequently offers special promotions and discounts, allowing customers to save money on their rentals.

Customer Experience:

The reservation process with Enterprise Rent-A-Car is straightforward and user-friendly. Customers can easily book their rentals online or through the mobile app, ensuring a hassle-free experience. The company maintains a large fleet of vehicles, ensuring availability and a wide selection for customers to choose from. The vehicles are well-maintained, clean, and in excellent condition, providing a comfortable and enjoyable driving experience. Furthermore, Enterprise Rent-A-Car prides itself on its exceptional customer service and support, with friendly and knowledgeable staff ready to assist customers throughout their rental journey.

Pricing and Fees:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers competitive rental rates and a transparent pricing structure. Customers can easily view and compare prices online, ensuring they get the best deal for their rental needs. While additional fees and charges may apply, such as fuel and mileage fees, the company is transparent about these costs, ensuring no hidden surprises. Insurance options are also available, and customers can choose the coverage that best suits their needs and budget.

Fleet Maintenance and Condition:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car prioritizes vehicle maintenance and adheres to high standards. The rental fleet is regularly serviced and inspected to ensure optimal performance and safety. The vehicles are relatively new and well-maintained, providing customers with reliable transportation. Safety features and equipment, such as airbags and anti-lock brakes, are available in all rental vehicles, further enhancing the overall safety of the driving experience.

Accessibility and Convenience:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car has a vast network of rental locations, making it highly accessible for customers. Whether in urban areas or remote destinations, customers can easily find a nearby Enterprise location. The company's hours of operation are convenient, with many locations offering extended hours, ensuring flexibility for customers. Online and mobile booking options are available, allowing customers to book their rentals at their convenience. Moreover, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is committed to accessibility and provides services and accommodations for individuals with disabilities.

Insurance and Liability:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers insurance options to provide customers with peace of mind during their rental period. The coverage details and limitations are clearly explained, ensuring customers understand their options and can make informed decisions. The company also has well-defined liability policies and procedures in place, ensuring a fair and efficient process in case of accidents or damages.

Corporate Social Responsibility:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car demonstrates a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility. The company actively engages in environmental initiatives and sustainability efforts, aiming to reduce its carbon footprint and promote eco-friendly practices. Additionally, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is involved in various community projects and philanthropic endeavors, contributing to the well-being of local communities. The company also prioritizes employee welfare and development, providing opportunities for growth and advancement.

Reviews and Ratings:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car has received positive reviews and high ratings from previous customers. The overall satisfaction levels are consistently high, with customers praising the company's excellent service, reliable vehicles, and friendly staff. While occasional complaints or issues may arise, Enterprise Rent-A-Car strives to address them promptly and ensure customer satisfaction.

Comparison with Competitors:

When compared to other major car rental companies, Enterprise Rent-A-Car stands out for its exceptional customer service, extensive rental fleet, and competitive pricing. The company's commitment to transparency and convenience sets it apart from its competitors. Additionally, Enterprise Rent-A-Car's strong emphasis on corporate social responsibility and community involvement further differentiates it from other players in the industry.

Recommendations and Conclusion:

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a reliable and customer-focused car rental company, offering a wide range of vehicles and excellent service. Its transparent pricing, convenient reservation process, and well-maintained fleet make it a top choice for customers. For individuals with specific needs, such as those with disabilities, Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides accessible options. Overall, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is highly recommended for anyone in need of a rental vehicle, whether for business or leisure purposes.

How to file a complaint about Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: Craft a concise title for your complaint that encapsulates the core issue you experienced with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. This title should be clear and to the point.

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, thoroughly explain your experience. Include key areas such as the condition of the rental vehicle, customer service, billing issues, or any discrepancies in the rental agreement. Provide details about the rental location, dates, and any specific employees involved. Mention any transactions, including reservation numbers, rental agreements, or receipts. Clearly describe the nature of the problem, the steps you took to resolve it, and the response received from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Detail how this issue has personally affected you, such as causing undue stress or financial loss.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as photos, emails, or receipts. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses incurred as a result of the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, describe what resolution you are seeking from Enterprise Rent-A-Car, whether it be a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint or review to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for any spelling or grammatical errors that could detract from the credibility of your complaint.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, monitor your account for any responses or updates. ComplaintsBoard.com may notify you of any replies from Enterprise Rent-A-Car or other users who may offer advice or share similar experiences.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Enterprise Rent-A-Car contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Enterprise Rent-A-Car Customer Service. Initial Enterprise Rent-A-Car complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Enterprise Rent-A-Car above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Discuss the issues you have had with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.