The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Empire Today — dishonest salesman
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I need new carpet for my home as I'm trying to sell it. I called Empire to try to get the cheapest deal possible because of an advertised 50% off sale. When Steve, the Empire sales rep came out, he measured my place, and the cheapest carpet that he'd show us was $4000 for the job. Since I only wanted to pay about half that, I was fine with it - but, Steve told my fiancee and I that the 50% off deal didn't apply to the quality that we chose. What the heck did that mean?!?
INSTEAD - Steve, because he "liked us" and thought we were a nice couple, was going to "break the rules a bit" and he'd buy the carpet for us through his 35% employee discount, which, he'd take 10% for himself, and pass 25% savings on to us, so, we were down to about 3200 dollars now. I told him that every other place quoted us about 2000, including Home Depot. He then pulled out a typewritten sheet that he made up himself about Home Depot, about all of their "hidden" charges. (all lies, we later found out, as we went to Home Depot to check.) I asked him for a card, in case we changed our minds, and he refused to give us any identifying information, and wouldn't leave the estimate with us either.
I was SO angry at the treatment, (and glad I read this stuff here) that I felt compelled to write. Steve obviously works on commission, but was so bad at it, (his cell phone kept ringing too, as if he was trying to seem self important) that I felt compelled to write here.
Do your research and don't be intimidated by your empire salesman! Thankfully, becuase I did, I didn't waste a LOT of money!
More Empire Today Complaints & Reviews
- Empire Carpet - fraudulent quote!
- Empire Today - steer clear of empire today!
- Empire Today Carpet - complete dissatisfaction and unprofessional service
- Empire Today - price deception!
- Empire Today - cost of quote
- Empire Today - breech of contract
- Empire Today - bad carpet - hey said they would replace-avoiding my calls again
- Empire Today - Carpet installation
- Empire Today - cancellation
- Empire Today - installation issues and unethical behavior