Having problems with eBay?

eBay reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2006. The latest review Account suspension due to not providing information timely. was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint Sellers protection was resolved on May 05, 2020. eBay has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 593 reviews. eBay has resolved 143 complaints.

eBay Customer Service Contacts

Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

eBay Complaints & Reviews

eBayjon-e hand warmer burner

buyer replaced burner on new jon-e handwarmer i sent him with a different one i called ebay several times and filed a claim, ebay awarded scam buyer total refund, and said they seen burner was replaced, ebay employee told me to file a police report and they would give me a full refund, i thought police
was to serve and protect, and not do job ebay should be doing, all i wanted was my 17-20.00 burner back ebay sure has opened a can of worms. also it would me great to talk to someone who could speak english.

eBaymac os x 10.11 el capitan download

I bought the download on 12/13 and worked many hours trying to download, image, and install the software to my MacBook, all of which did not work. The file was stated as corrupted all 3 times that I download the 5.8 GB file even after using the Archive Utility that the seller stated I need to use. I contacted the seller and he immediately gave me more instructions and then told me that I won't get my money back because it is not covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee. Isn't scamming a customer a bad thing in the marketplace and shouldn't that be guarded against? Thankfully eBay removed the offending listing which I fell scam to, but I am still out my $5.17 in Canadian money, $3.93 US. I just want my money back because I was scammed with a defective product. Thank you.

mac os x 10.11 el capitan download

• Co
        Consign Mar 26, 2021

I would contact Apple.

Software piracy is a mtter their lawyers have gone after in the past.

As a long time Mac user (started with Apple IIs back in the 1980s) Apple's OS software has for many years been available directly from Apple as a reinstall or as a update - not a 3rd party. I am currently working on a 2010 Mac Pro which no longer came with a OS software DVD when it was sold - you need to reinstall or update the OS via a internet connection through the Mac Pro.

eBayorder of ink

Placed order and the screen to pick payment method never came up. You decided to put on my PayPal account which I did not authorize. I called your office immediately and contacted seller within 2 minutes of lacing order to inform them of incorrect payment method and I would re-order w proper payment method which I did. Today got message they are not cancelling so now I have 2 orders and will NOT pay for the PayPal bill since I did not choose that payment method. Takes a lot of nerve for you to pick how I pay. I don't believe I will ever use eBay again as this is not right

• Updated by Pks3212 · Dec 11, 2019

Cancelled with PayPal as eBay was no help whatsoever. Never had a company decide my payment method. I would advise against e er using eBay to pay for anything

eBay5 different amounts of money taken from my visa befit card

Hi I have had 5 different transactions taken from my visa debit card from segpay/HardistkoI have never heard of /Hardistko and would like to know how segpay/Hardistko obtained my visa debit card details?
        1) $114.09 30th nov 2019
        2)$114.09. 30th nov 2019
        3)$30.43 30th nov 2019
        4)$45.63 30th nov 2019
        5)$76.18 1st dec 2019
        These are the unexplained transactions from segway/Hardistko Please look into this ASAP I look forward to your response thank you cameron.
        [protected]@hotmail.com

5 different amounts of money taken from my visa befit card
        5 different amounts of money taken from my visa befit card

• Updated by Cameron865 · Dec 09, 2019

5diffrent transactions were taken from my visa debit card I want my money back asap I have never heard of segpay. I purchased an item off eBay and was charged 5 different amounts by Segway. The seller has not received my payment.
            I have not used my visa debit for anything else.

• Updated by Cameron865 · Dec 10, 2019

Is anybody going to reply?

eBaycancelled my order but charged my credit card and hasn't credited it.

Ordered a light on Nov 15th. Got an email on Nov 16th that they had suspended my account and an email saying the order had been cancelled. I called to make sure I was not going to received it as I desperately needed the light for my kitchen, so I could order elsewhere. Was told I would not be receiving it since the order was cancelled. Two day later received an email saying it was shipped. Called again, said to refuse order. I did, but now Dec 6 and still no credit on my charge card.

eBay2 pcs automatic wind power 8 led car light

hi, i send and E-MAIL to the seller, about this items, They delivere to diferent addres, and he said go to post oficee and find out, hey gime the adress, and was a chinese warehouse, people rud and nasty, i buy lot merchandaise, SELLER :HUANY6SHUSHU-8, i hope you resolve thes problem, i went to 4 diferent post oficee and dont have any idea, and the seller said i need find where the items is, they sender and not responsable for enything

2 pcs automatic wind power 8 led car light
            2 pcs automatic wind power 8 led car light

eBayunethical seller

Two weeks ago I bid on a 14" CECILIO CVA-400 Viola (Item # [protected]) (Order # [protected]) and the bid was accepted. Yesterday I received an email saying that the seller (iqvo3768) had cancelled my order. I am currently waiting for reimbursment. As a bidder, I was required to agree to purchase the instrument if my bid was accepted; I agreed. Is the seller (iqvo3768) not required to honor their offer to actually sell the product? This is fundementally wrong and the seller (iqvo3768) has not acted as a honest broker. If Ebay is allowing this seller to advertise products with no requirement to fulfill orders, how is this different from fraud? Not only did the seller cancel the order after I paid for the product but after two weeks he or she had not even attempted to send it to me. I would like to know if Ebay requires sellers to actually provide the products they advertise or are buyers at the mercy of sellers on Ebay? Is this how Ebay does businiess?

eBayebay seller christina russell [protected]@live.com [protected] scammed me out of $200

Christina Rull advertised on Ebay Samsung Galaxy S9 phone for $200 and said she got Samsung Galaxy S10 so she didn't need it anymore so she is selling it cheap. I bought it and she sent me a box filled with papers, but no phone. Ebay would not do anything as there was a delivery confirmation via USPS although it was just a box with papers. This person scammed me out of $200. Beware

eBayi'm complaining about a bully member of ebay who sends curses in emails.

Please review the email sent to me from "Re: nisteel_97 has sent a question about item #[protected], ending on Oct-24-19 06:49:34 PDT - Light fixture".

This is not appropriate behavior and I have not responded to this bully.. I received an email a week before from a different person trying to pay by check and I said no. I thought it was the same guy but it's a different account.

I can curse him out if you want, but I would prefer if you boot him from eBay and tell him not to come back.

i'm complaining about a bully member of ebay who sends curses in emails.

• Updated by Andrew Nocera · Oct 21, 2019

Use curses to seller should be booted

eBaycharges on my credit card

I would like to know what all this little charges are on my credit card, I place the order confirm and pay the amount it says, , , when I look at my bank statement there are separte little charge after my orders are completed, , , what are these charges ???
                    charged by paypal, I called them, they said to contact Ebay, , you are charging these extra monies ...

what are these charges ???????

I want to know ..[protected]@aol.com

eBaythey are to many sellers put down.

This was my first time ever ordering from Ebay and it will be my last
                      I order items that I liked paid for them, didn't know it was going take MONTHS to get here, didn't know they were coming from CHINA, And couldn't get my MONEY back. If I ever get my items I will be very surprised. I gave up my money in good faith now I have to wait and see if I get them at the end of the year NOT HAPPY

eBayebay removed listing of bogus seller after my purchase

Now I have no way of getting my money back and no way to contact anyone since eBay removed the seller's listing after I purchased the item and the seller is now gone. I expect you to honor your money back guarantee even though I am unable to follow resolution process procedure because I can't now because of circumstances you created. Fix this now!

Here is a portion of the last correspondence I received...

"Hello intyre,
                        We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account:
                        [protected] - Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Lens for Digital SLR Camera Body

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Centre. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:

Maybe get a human to contact me through ebay messages and not with a useless automated generic answer .

eBaymastercard by synchrony bank

I received a Credit Card which i never applied for. It was sent under my name to my nieces adress in Rockland County I live in Yonkers. I tried calling the Synchrony Bank using the tel # listed on the rate statement and it was out of service. I seached for the P.O. Box listed and it is not excisting under Synchrony bank. I tried to reach out to ebay mastercard and kept getting a recording that all reps were busy i waited on the line for over 1 hr with no one ever taking my call. I try to chat with them online and they instructed me to contact them by phone with no luck.

eBaycomplaint

You can't even give free speach this seller reports you even if you call them money grabber freak and seller and ebay only cares about money money money doont buy from this seller ever or you more likey not get your item or report you to ebay for giving free speach how how you feel ehat money grabbers on there only care about money not customers like ebay money grabbers like karma hope karma get this thick dumb [censored] seller too like rest who dont care about no one but money them selfs

complaint

eBaybuyers who open false inad cases

CEO's of eBay are like leaves on a tree these days. They fall off in the fall and a new one pops up in the summer. EBay Inc. Chief Executive Devin Wenig is stepping down as activist investors seek to break the company apart but it's also been said that he was terminated for allowing such abuse on eBay by some of its top-rated sellers like Hubcapjoes without taking any action against him for abusing eBay and hurting the brand. This is a big WIN for eBay Critics.

Scott Schenkel, EBay's chief financial officer, was appointed as interim CEO, the company announced Wednesday. The company said it will seek a permanent CEO and consider internal and external candidates.

eBay shares slipped 0.8% to close at $39.24 a share. You can check out the rest of the story here

buyers who open false inad cases

• Jason DeCanio Nov 10, 2019

This post is written by a Narcissistic Lunatic by the Name of Charles W. Fitch of Westland Michigan. He is a known cyberstalker and scammer, bully, con-artist, and fraudster. The information above does not match and is invalid because where he gets this so called information is in his sick twisted brain. Look up Charles Fitch and you will see the real "TRUTH" about his hateful words!

Comments

eBayebay has not released my funds

I sold an hp laptop on Saturday September 28 2019 the item was delivered on Wednesday October 2 2019 ebay stated the released my payment from the buyer and never did I still have not received my money due to them holding my money and then they lied and said it was PayPal they have been lying and yet not released my funds so basically I was scam into giving away a laptop for free

eBayalmay makeup

Bought a 3 pack of the almay make up I always use. Didn't need it right away, so about 3 weeks after I got it I opened one -- it's dead white, no pigmentation, like kabuki makeup.
                                  The other 2 were exactly the same -- dead white.

Can't use any of them and ebay's idea of resolution was to tell me that the seller denied a refund.

Way to go ebay -- will NEVER buy makeup - or anything on ebay again.

eBayx12 drone camera does not work

I purchased an X12 Drone (item number [protected]) from someone named greg_30. The camera function does not work. I messaged this person (greg_30) several times and he just kept telling me, "Try it again". The warranty has now run out, and this man no longer answers my e-mails. Therefore, I want to register a complaint against him and warn anyone NOT to purchase from him.

- [protected]@yahoo.com

eBayarrid deodorant cream purchase

I purchased a 2 pack of the arrid cream deodorant and recieved my package. Whenbibopened the deodorant is was dried out and rock hard. I can send a picture if needed. I paid almost 20 bucks for this and am very upset that obviously these deodorants are no good. Please advise on how I can get my money back or a new order. The Id number is 58c20270212b40019c1a5e2e7dd162a7

arrid deodorant cream purchase
                                      arrid deodorant cream purchase

eBayebay fraudulent claims of free return money back guarantee

Ebay's Fraudulent claims of Free Return Moneyback Guarantee.

Back in July of 2019, I made a good faith purchase in total of $153.07. The item listed was described as fully functional. Of course when I received the item, it was not as advertised. Even the photos they used didn't match. I immediately contacted the seller, for a refund. The seller told me to take it to Ebay... so I did. They told me that I have to pay for the return shipping, even though it is stated "Free Return Moneyback Guarantee". 51 days later, I still have the POS that was shipped to me, and I found the CEO on Twitter (Devin Wenig) talking trash about Amazon, so I publicly let him know the he and his company are frauds. An Ebay Rep by the name of "Ryan" noticed and contacted me on Twitter, and gave me the same busted form letter they gave me at the start. 51 days later, I'm still out over $150.