Having problems with eBay?

eBay reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2006. The latest review Account suspension due to not providing information timely. was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint Sellers protection was resolved on May 05, 2020. eBay has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 593 reviews. eBay has resolved 143 complaints.

eBay Customer Service Contacts

Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

eBay Complaints & Reviews

eBaySuspending my account

I was on line with three different people for more than a half hour. They suspended my account for something from 2007. I didn't have an account in 2007. The account I have isn't more than two years old. I don't know what kind of homey shot they are trying to pull. But they need to get their act together. As far as I'm concerned they are trying to rip me off.

eBaycustomer service “chat” robots a.i. only

I was connected to your help for 6 hours today. No answers nothing resolved. Been on your site 25 years, this BS of automated robots to put you in a que is the worst that you could have done. I will be filing a complaint with BBB and pulling as many buyers and sellers away from your scam. I am totally disgusted with the crap you give sellers. 36 years top rated and you favor 0 feedback less than 3 weeks old to rule your world. I just want my funds released the thing got its item proof in tracking and you are holding funds from me. Damn, you are descriminsting against me. I pay my bill and have been dedicated, mo more dedication from me. I am searching for other and much better things. You cannot give me the story about a PLANDEMIC and make me drink your progressive politics. There is no excuse for you very poor communication with your people that support you. I will fulfill my contract on my store after that you can go to hell.

eBayReturn process

Due to poor product description the wrong model was ordered. Return has been authorized but Ebay/ Paypal demand I use Paypal to cover return shipping. The product was paid for with American Express and I expect to complete the transaction the same way. To use Paypal requires sending a large amount of personal data, including scanned copies of my drivers license and Social Security Card over the internet to remove limitations on my Paypal account. Having experienced identity theft this is not an acceptable option. They approved American Express to pay for the product. My refund, if I ever get it is almost 200.00. They can deduct shipping from my refund or accept American Express to cover return shipping.

eBayGives buyer choice of shipping when ups shipping already priced

I sold a doll and listed the price for ups ground shipping for $28. The customer at check out of purchase was given the choice of shipping even though the price for ups ground was $28 as shown in the listing. They chose priority mail which cost $50.60. The fee of $28 was collected by e-bay not $50.60. I had a choice to terminate the sale or request additional $22.60 for shipping from the customer. Customers blame the seller when more money is requested, think the seller is dishonest. To avoid this I paid the additional shipping fee myself.??? Why should a seller provide the cost for shipping with a specified shipping service if the customer is then given the choice by e-bay for a far more expensive shipping expense??? E-bay collects 10% fee for shipping as well as for the item's price. If the customer has to pay more for shipping the added fee is also taxed 10%. A dirty way of cheating the seller to get a few dollars more leaving both the seller and customer angry. So sick of the ineptitude!!!

eBayCordless magic wand massager

I ordered product [protected] which they said was received by me in Columbus I assume Indiana thing is I have never lived In Columbus. I still live in Evansville, Indiana and have for over 40 years. The tracking number is 1ZRV96400390674216. I contacted seller about a week ago with no response. Please rectify this Problem. I do not know how the mailing address got changed for just this order??

eBaysearch function and help contact

I have found that eBay's search function is no longer working properly. The setting to prioritize searches by most recent has failed and I get a mix of listings of various ages. Secondly, when trying to contact eBay about having this repaired there is nothing in the contact section that allows us to send emails to those responsible for maintaining the site. Considering the rapid escalation of fees over the years this kind of decrease in service is just totally un justified.

eBay[protected] customer service numbers have been retired

Several of the phone numbers listed for eBay customer service do not work any longer. The above number has been retired. I received a call from eBay at 5:00am in the morning PST. When I called back, the number wasn't answering with a human, the recorded message directed me to go online. eBay online customer service failed to resolve the issue. They have been contacted via email which they have ignored and via twitter.
              There customer service has dropped to a level of a gutter.
              KAT
              KAT TALES TV

Jul 29, 2020

eBay — eBay refunded buyer after they closed return request stating it was invalid due to buyer not returning the item.

I had an issue right from the beginning with a buyer (E-bay ID Jedichee-6). He won an auction for a hard to...

eBayDoesn't communicate with customer concerning issue

I contacted a seller, who made a promise to refund the purchase amount. He contacted eBay and eBay told him not to. He sent me the transcript of the conversation. Ebay never discussed the issue with me and it is impossible to speak with anyone. The advertised product showed quick release links, but the product didn't have quick release links. Traditional links are often too tight for small wrists, so the quick release (Apple's design) links work well. This band didn't work well because the links pinched each other making the band more of a bracelet, which doesn't contour to the wrist. The issue is making a unilateral decision without communication.

Doesn't communicate with customer concerning issue
                Doesn't communicate with customer concerning issue

Jul 18, 2020

eBay — Did not resolve my dispute with seller

On 6/27/2020, I won an auction on eBay for a vintage lens. I was the only bidder. I paid for it, but the...

Jul 15, 2020

eBay — sell fake meteorite on eBay

Accused eBay of covering up the truth about its sale of fake meteorite I published an article that revealed...

Jul 10, 2020

eBay — Unethical behavior/poor practices

Aquarium Fish Tank LED Light Bar Airstone Bubble Pump with Remote Control Item number:[protected] Order...

eBayEbay

Since the pandemic, Ebay has allowed price gauging. Ebay says they don't tolerate this, but the items are still being sold at an outrageous price. Anything that has to do with canning. $25 vacuum seal jar lids are being sold on ebay for 50-60-and even over $100.00 for these lids. And Ebay is doing nothing about it. WHY? These people who are price gauging should be fined and taken off the website for a year. This is outrages what Ebay has become and nobody doing anything about it.

• Co
                      Consign Mar 26, 2021

eBay and its approved set of vendors are behind the price gouging.

In typical fashion eBay states they are activily engaged in fighting price gouging while engaging in it themselves. A famous propaganda technique - accuse others what you are quilty of to divert attention from yourself.

Here is an example:

eBayRefunds from return items

I returned an item on 6/15/2020, the seller sent me a refund. Ebay stated I received a refund but the money has disappeared from Ebay and Paypal never received either. Ebay also stated on returns the seller would pay for return shipping, I was charged for the return also. After several go-arounds with Ebay and Paypal I given up all how to trying to settle this by online service at Ebay or Paypal, Paypal will ay least try to assist, but without Ebay you are SOL.

Jul 03, 2020

eBay — eBay resolution center

Purchased an item from an overseas seller, the received item was broken. Notified seller and seller replied...

eBaySite not working, ebay blames covid even though people can take calls from home.

There is this thing called a house phone we have had the technology for quite some time. People can receive calls on them, people like customer service reps for ebay. There is even this thing called a cell phone that people like customer service reps can receive calls on regardless of covid. Ebay is loosing tons of buyers from having zero customer service.

eBayiphone

I was delivered an iphone that was far more damaged than seller described, but ebay sided with seller, and did not allow me the right ti return it.
                        Consequently, I decided to use the product in the condition it was received, and then found out that it was impossible to enter any information, as the keyboard failed to be displayed.
                        When I tried to contact the seller again, I discovered that he was no longer registered with ebay and I am unable to get help!

iphone

eBayBuyer protection it's a lie

I was order one item in 26 january and the seller tells me me to wait for it a little more because of corona virus. All this time I messaged the seller and ge tell me my item is on my way. I wait until june and I don't receive my item. I ask for refund and seller refused. I ask ebay to step in and they say is to late. So I lost my money because I was tricked by the seller and ebay doesn't do nothing.

eBayFire stick devices

I was charged for those items and never received them - no tracking id, no contact for seller and eBay never reimbursed me. Don't buy from them. They are a fraud.
                            They never called me to talk to rep. I was redirected to online claims and my option for claim was not even available. only claims is a headache. Never a rep available on the phone.

• Updated by PBeltra · Jun 05, 2020

I was charged for those items and never received them - no tracking id, no contact for seller and ebay never reimbursed me. Don't buy from them. They are a fraud.

eBayAbout a seller

I bought an item [protected] from a seller. After winning the bid and paying for it I was told I had to pay shipping costs even through it was listed with free shipping. When I said I would pay up to $5 toward shipping to be nice the seller cancelled the sale. This is fraud. I have called ebay several times with no response.