Having problems with eBay?

eBay reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2006. The latest review Account suspension due to not providing information timely. was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint Sellers protection was resolved on May 05, 2020. eBay has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 593 reviews. eBay has resolved 143 complaints.

eBay Customer Service Contacts

Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

eBay Complaints & Reviews

eBayalexgo1885(28)

I ordered what was purported to be Vintage Sevres Porcelain Set of 2 Blue, white and Gold Plates on EBAY. Rec'd them on or about 12/02/20. Knew right away they were not Sevres. Cheap construction plus
no Sevres mark. Contacted the seller(s) by telephone and demanded refund. I was first told I would receive a return mail voucher. Then they stonewalled me. I returned the item and again asked for refund. No response whatsoever to date.
Order # [protected], Item ID363176696162.

Beth Hansen, [protected]@sbcglobal.net

eBayBuying/Selling Policy

I've got a email from ebay basically telling me off for something when I believe I done nothing wrong. I saw a item for sale which had to be viewed before purchasing. The seller gave me his address and I went to view the item. The item was too damaged so I didnt purchase it. The seller continued selling the item. If I wanted the item I would of purchased the item via ebay while I was there. But they told me this is not allowed

eBayInternational final value fees.

Posted to my facebook page.

Ebay sellers alert. Be sure to check your managed payment transaction reports for international final value fees.

You can stop international shipment, but will be charged international final fees for sales to buyers registered outside the united states for shipments inside the united states. This applies even if you have selected "no international shipping" while listing products.

Jan 12, 2021

eBay — Lack of support for people who are scammed on ebay auction site. Ebay

eBay says they have a guarantee that people won't be cheated. They actually do nothing, no phone number i...

eBayno help from your resolution service on-line

I sold an item to an individual back in Nov. 2020. They didnt want, It was three ellis island one dollar coins. I agreed to have them return to me and I would refund the money. They only sent back one of the coins. The resolution center told me after one month that they would award the buyer a refund and I was out two of my coins. They never contacted me for my side of the transaction. So they essentially let the buyer steal two of my coins and get all their money back. I find this very frustrating, one because they got away with it, and two nobody ever contacted me . This is ebay transaction #[protected]. I'm sure I will not be contacted knowing the history of ebay, but at least I can voice my opinion. I can also let people I know not to do business with a company who doesn't listen to both sides of a sale

no help from your resolution service on-line

eBayBorner Cutter V1 ClassicLine Basic Set ( [protected] )

ORDER DATE 28 jul 2020, ORDER NUMBER [protected]-[protected]
          SOLD BY bornergermany-es(1 item)

We paid for this item but the company never delivered the product and kept giving a new expected delivery date, we emailed the company Borner regularly asking when it would be delivered, the eventually contacted ebay who opened a complaint but all we got from ebay was that they had given the company a period of time to respond to us, to supply the product or refund.

We still have never received any contact or the product from Borner.

eBayEbay is asking me to pay the bank fees the buyer has refused to pay

I have sold an item on ebay. The item (stamps) has been delivered in a timely manner and the buyer has confirmed the receipt and issued a positive feedback. However the buyer has discovered that because of the new ebay payment arrangements (no paypal) he has to pay to the bank a fee equivalent to the price of the goods. So the buyer has contacted ebay and issued a claim on this issue asking to stop the payment because he does not want to pay the bank fees. Even if these bank fees are due to the new ebay policy and ebay should try to help, they have not done anything about it. They have only blocked my payment in full and, in addition to that, they have charged to me the bank fees the buyer has refused to pay. So not only I am not paid for my sale but I also have a penalty fee to pay for something I have  nothing to do with. I have spoken to customer service, I have appealed twice their decision, but they have reconfirmed that I will not receive any payment for the goods supplied  and in addition to that I will have to pay the bank fees. I would like to know if this has happened only to me . I am very upset about the way I have been treated and I am considering getting legal advice on this

eBayAccounting

I was charged for listing a vehicle that didn't sell because buyer flaked.
              I notified eBay 5 times. They continued to send me payment invoices. I had to take my credit card out of action as they were going to debit me the fee.

Once I finally got above resolved I reactivated my card and they charged me a $51 charge fir what I don't know. I paid it anyway and they still have my account locked 2 weeks later. I have been with them for 16?years and they treat you like garbage as you can not contact a human without stating on phone for 45 mins.

I'm done with them

eBayhelp/ contact

Ebay cancelled a transaction I had with a seller without giving me a reason. When I went to the help and contact button there is no category for eBay screwed you. Also all of the phone numbers have been retired . Using your help robot is like being on a merry-g- round. It cannot resolve my issue and it will not put me in contact with a living person. One small note, I HATE MERRY-GO-ROUNDS. Your help system is so frustrating that I will have to very carefully reconsider my association with you!!!
                At this point I would cheerfully strangler your whole help system design team!
                Shaun Yule

Dec 17, 2020

eBay — In 27 months of being a trs + not one listing has the trs badge.!

There it is. I am a GOLD POWER SELLER. One would think, one would receive enhanced customer support. No the...

Dec 10, 2020

eBay — Chill sac

I've purchased in the past from sellers with being able to cancel an order as a correction in buying the...

eBayCustomer service

Since covid, ebay has made it impossible to talk with a real problem, ever when a reseller is engaging in fraudulent activity. Rather than simply accept the return of a damaged item... Damaged prior to shipment... Shipper is trying to file a fraudulent insurance claim with fedex. There was no damage that occurred during the shipment.

I've tried to reach ebay by phone, but all avenues cut one off with no legitimate recourse.

[protected]@masscot.net

Nov 15, 2020

eBay — Profiled banned for no reason

Your company banned  me with out  looking  into this further and figuring out the badge I was selling  ha...

Nov 10, 2020

eBay — Refund of returning shipping fee

The seller is cheating and ebay can't hold the seller accountable, didn't step in for the...

eBayForcing everyone to link a bank account

Ebay has halted all my privileges until I upload a bank document. They are making me upload an original bank document so they can verify it is my bank.
                    They are forcing every seller to link a bank account. This is absolutely ridiculous. As of 10/16/2020 I am unable to complete a purchase of a shipping label to mail a n item I sold yesterday. I have been a seller on ebay for over 10 years.

Forcing everyone to link a bank account

Andrea C2 Nov 21, 2020

I am having the same problem and now I have been on hold with eBay FOR 2 HOURS trying to resolve this issue. I am pissed right now

eBayid change

I have blocked a bidder because he did not follow my policy's. Somehow he kept changing his id so he could continue to bid on my item after i've block him several times?? I have the emails to prove it too!! All I keep hearing from ebay is they take this seriously I don't think so sorry to say. The time they keep investigating the particular bidder i'm already scammed again???.

eBayMandatory use of paypal for return postage

Experiencing same situation as other buyers. Purchased item on Ebay, received item and found size too small. Initiated return IAW Ebay policy explained on website.
                        Understand and willing to pay postage to return item to seller. However, do not have nor intend to create a Paypal Account!
                        Tried phone call and could not successfully resolve with Ebay Rep (assume human but clearly reading a scripted response)
                        Attempting to contact seller directly by email on Oct 7. No response as of date.
                        Will challenge through credit card holder.
                        Prior experience with Ebay highly succesful. This situation extremely disturbing!

• Jb
                            J Bay Oct 22, 2020

I had the same situation wrt creating a PayPal account before I could get a return label. Seller ignored my messages to send me the return address so I could pay for return. When finally got a hold of eBay rep "she" gave me a non-response response, i.e. ignored my points about creating a PayPal account and foot dragging. Company based in China with a Portland, OR store front, and had a 100% rating. eBay removed my low rating.

eBayProduct not received/Failure to resolve

Case # [protected]

This is the second time that my goods have not arrived recently.
                          I have paid my money. The seller has his share of it. The courier has their share of it. eBay have they're share of it.

Do you have have a seller called fallenoffthebackofmymateswhitevan?

You will note the amount of business I have achieved with you in the past.

AMAZON bekons.

eBayRefund policy dispute

Intex 18Ft x 52In Ultra XTR Frame Round Above Ground Swimming Pool Set with Pump
                            Quantity: 1
                            Order number: [protected]
                            Total: $ 497.14

A refund was denied for the above order due to a crossover in eBay's mind with a Paypal Claim!!! There was NO Paypal Claim Refund. This matter needs to be readdressed by eBay. And I need to be Contacted by a Human Being to get this resolved. eBay's constant computer generated messages are not getting the matter resolved satisfactorily. The problem was Initiated be eBay in the 1st place by REMOVING the item, directly after the transaction was processed. And then Still Allowing the payment process to proceed to a Fraudulent SELLER. Contact me directly at [protected]

Sep 28, 2020

eBay Inc. — Online consumer to consumer sales through their website

Ebay practices deceitful business practices; such as 100% customer satisfaction — not. They remove...