Having problems with eBay?

eBay reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2006. The latest review Account suspension due to not providing information timely. was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint Sellers protection was resolved on May 05, 2020. eBay has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 593 reviews. eBay has resolved 143 complaints.

eBay Customer Service Contacts

Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

eBay Complaints & Reviews

May 20, 2020

eBay — Crazy bad review process - seller status issue and refusal to credit fees for reversed sale

This is crazy. I listed items for sale with eBay, and sold them. However, after the sale, the items remained...

May 18, 2020

eBay — Order # [protected] daybed trundle frame metal slat platform twin mattress support universal pullout that I am complaining about.

I ordered the daybed for $ 82.57 in March, 2020 that was supposed to be delivered one month later except that...

May 16, 2020

eBay — SR# 1-[protected]

The seller, Goldtimer, asked to be paid in cash for a rocking horse. I agreed. After receiving the item, I...

May 05, 2020

eBay — Sellers protection

PS4 black 500GB console with 2 controllers - FREE SHIPPING Item ID: [protected] Sold on: 4 Apr Buyer: Trevor...

eBaySeller funds held for 3 weeks.

I heard horror reports for Sellers on Bay - no rights, funds held for crazy lengths of time - but stupidly decided to go ahead. Sold my guitar as lost my job due to Covid19. Buyer in U.S. received my guitar on 25 March. Very happy with purchase. Ebay states new sellers may have their paypal money released 24 hours after buyer receives item, or 7 days after. Thank you Ebay for playing "god" with my money - over 2 weeks LATER. Out of work, and Ebay released my money only today 10th April. I asked for special empathy due to my position... NO!! Ebay, no other company could refuse a persons right to THEIR money like you. My BANK was more empathetic. Disgusting. 25th March - my sale was AUD$4700.00... due to failing US$, today 10th April just AUD$4290.00. Double whammy - no access to much needed funds to pay bills, and $400 less due to falling exchange rate over the 3 weeks they held my money.

Apr 30, 2020

eBay — Product not as described and came from China where the Covid-19 virus originated

I have been writing eBay about this matter since I purchased toilet paper and it did not say it came from...

eBayshipping costs at ebay - misrepresentation

Ebay list shipping as courier
    What they actually do is ship by US postal service which is not a courier company and instead take WEEKS to ship things internationally.

Having worked for a courier company for many years I know the transit times from most parts of the world and it does not take THREE WEEKS to get to New Zealand unless you are using a donkey.

This is a systemic issue with EBAY - they charge courier prices and give you postal service - this is an EBAY SCAM

• Updated by Trevornz · Mar 05, 2020

I posted a bad review of a supplier because their shipping service was not as described - this review does not appear and the suppliers score is still perfect. Clearly the review process itself is a scam - if no bad reviews appear, then this is meaningless to a purchaser.

• Updated by Trevornz · Mar 05, 2020

You are correct - I posted a bad review on a bad product on a bad supplier and they still have 100% perfect score - EBAY are party to this SCAM

eBaymusical instruments fakes and rip-off

Frank Schauer of the "music-outlet-shop" should be removed from ebay. He sells out of Germany and misrepresents items in the best scenario and in the worst sells fraudulent or impossible-to-determine items as genuine. He ridiculous inflates the price of everything he sells and seems to has a wildly sliding shipping policy.

This is not the type of scam seller you should be promoting. There are lots of complaints about him outside of Ebay. I don't understand why his Ebay rating is so high but since he seems to be a fraud in every other aspect I would guess this as well

eBayPayment never ever received

Ok, listen to this with eBay was I bought some candy which is KitKat, of course I paid w/Paypal & since I didn't receive this Candy at all (February 03, 2020) Anyway I made a complaint to Paypal first the told me to go to eBay Resolutions I did that & informed the seller which I did & never heard anything from him at all. So eBay decides not to investigate this & closed the Resolution account & not returning my refund. & I now they comes with Lie stating that it was close really. So that means the sellers can get away with murder & the Buyer sucks ok then. I now don't have anything to do with Paypal or eBay I closed both accounts cause this is not a good way to do Business with anybody so I think they need to stop emailing me with that nonsense agreement I'm really not interested in that because you don't about anyone except yourselves & I took my business else & they will honor & fix the problem not like your Company will & not nothing & you have lost me & a lot others with your mistakes. So you think about that one

Feb 26, 2020

eBay — ref. # - item #[protected] - poor customer service and no transparency

No transparency of fee breakdown. Poor Customer Service, exceptionally difficult to understand since all...

eBayMy Thunderbird Brochure ad.

I can't find a way to ask questions and get answers

regarding my Thunderbird ad: I can't post that I'm paying for postage. Somehow Canada got in there (?).
          There's a "C" in front of the price. Don't know what it is but all money is in U.S. dollars.
          Yes they can return it at their expense and they have 14 days to decide.
          Why is MY APPROVAL RATING at around 67%? It's always been 100%!!!
          Please correct and advise. Thank you, Bob DeGrilla

eBaysell of watch item #, [protected] sr#1-[protected]

AFTER THE SELL of my watch I was hit with a $307.00 charge for selling the watch (10%). Not only was I never notified in advance of this charge (buried and impossible to find) the watch was put in the wrong category. I have written your customer service and they have written me. If this situation is not resolved I will be forced to go to court here in Texas and sue you under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices act and punitive damages. Please look in to this matter and contact in writing as to your conclusions.

S Siegel
            Sugar Land Texas
            [protected]@aol.com

Feb 19, 2020

eBay — customer support

Chat Chat vitg_68 20:20 PM I want to close my account, because i couldn't complete my purchase several...

Feb 08, 2020

eBay — neither ebay or paypal stand behind "buyer satisfaction guarantee"

A purchased item was not received. Ebay says "we show it delivered" so refused claim. I provided proof the...

eBay6godwater, 2nd complaint, cree xml-t6 led bicycle bike headlight head light lamp torch flashlight 4 modes

6Godwater Have to add to the last complaint as supplier asks for videos? Order number [protected]

This supplier is a big crook, they supplied me broken parts, 5 x lights and not one worked, they answer the dispute and then keep you hanging, even suggesting that we close the case and they will send new items, they then asked for photos, videos, how to upload a video (which I made) to them, no email, no YouTube, no nothing, they don't answer emails, nor SMS's, offer me 65%, for what sending me broken units? eBay says I am to post these items back to China for a 25€ credit, postage to China on registered mail is 48€ ?? Who is right? eBay is not supporting the clients anymore...

• Updated by 4x4rob · Feb 02, 2020

Jan 30, 2020

eBay — bargain shack

I am 78 years old and just figured I got ripped off last summer when I purchased an Excalibur dehydrator from...

eBayround lace tablecloth

Placed order for 2 round tablecloths, 2 round lace tablecloths, 1 rectangle tablecloth, 1 rectangle lace tablecloth with one order. Three of the orders (round tablecloths, rectangle tablecloth and rectangle lace tablecloth) were delivered in estimated time frame. round lace ones were not - showed on follow up page that payment was pending. Everything was on one credit card! called ebay and they told to me to check to see if credit card was charged. It wasn't but they could not check to tell me why it didn't go through. If I had known that I was not getting this order, I would not have placed the other three orders. No more ebay for me. Vendor checked and didn't see my order, but I had received an email confirmation that order was placed.

• Updated by Mary Holt · Jan 14, 2020

even with email confirmation, and order number, vendor did not receive information. Had placed 4 orders and 3 were delivered. at least my credit card was not charged - but that didn't help me with order. Only thing ebay employee could tell me to do was check to see if credit card was charged. No help in tracking down problem. No more e-bay purchases for me.

eBaycustomer service

The Ebay reps need better training on how to handle situations. I was told i could receive a partial refund by one and then the opposite by another. She was absolutely no help and now im taking a loss. Thanks Ebay. Will use Amazon from now on. nick.bolis is the scam artist seller that started this entire mess. I couldnt get a refund of a measley 19 dollars.

eBayselling

I sold a book via ebay. ebay informed me that the buyer completed the payment and they urged me to send the book right away. ı sent it and the buyer received the book and the postal service confirmed. BUT EBAY HASNOT PAID ME YET. It has been 1, 5 year. I contected them many times and everytime they made another fairytale. I tried to contact the buyer also but he never has answered my mails. so EBAY had a good partnership with a fraud and took my book for free.

eBaythief

I wanted a product for Christmas present. The item never came. Tracking revealed instead of FedEx, they used USPS. USPS tracking stated attempted delivery at 544am, no one around. Are you kidding me? I confronted the postman later that day and he didn't even have the product in his truck. It never left the post office. They just make up stuff and eBay believed them. Who is stupid enough to believe someone tried to deliver a package at 544am? They refused to refund money, seller stated it's your problem, not mine. We paid extra and has no product and eBay closed the case stating they attempted delivery so it's your problem.