Having problems with eBay?

eBay Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with eBay Customer Service. Initial eBay complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for eBay above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about eBay. Discuss the issues you have had with eBay and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

eBay Complaints & Reviews

eBayFees not being refunded

I just started listing items on eBay and immediately after the auction was listed, I noticed that there was a reserve price in the auction which was a mistake. I immediately went back in and took out the reserve price and changed it back to an auction with the starting price that I wanted and no reserve. I just saw that my account has been charged $35 for a reserve price auctions even though the listing was changed back to a non-reserve auction.

I have tried to help in contact through eBay multiple times and the message it continuously gives me is "Sorry Gary, live support is currently unavailable".

When I try to use live chat, I always get the message "Sorry, this contact channel Will be closed before an agent is available to speak with you today. Please try again tomorrow". This is the message I'm getting in the morning!

When I call the phone number to talk to somebody there, there's just an automated recording that says eBay no longer provide support through this phone number and that I have to do it online, but apparently there's no way to contact eBay online either, yet they continue to take my money.

How is it right that eBay takes my money even when they shouldn't and yet when there's a problem, there's no way to rectify it? It doesn't appear I have any recourse. To me this is fraudulent and outright theft. If it's happening to me, then it's happening to other people too.

What can I do?

Misery loves company.
      I've complained to the BBB. BIG MISTAKE! They see no reason to pursue an investigation on Ebay's actions.
      You see, in a fascist nation, Big Business backs Big Business.

Misery loves company.
      I've complained to the BBB. WASTE OF TIME.
      You see, in a fascist nation BIG BUSINESS defends BIG BUSINESS.

eBayTheir egregious business practices

I've been shopping on Ebay for 3 years. NEVER AGAIN.
    If you order a lot and don't receive your orders OR the order arrives not as described PREPARE for a NIGHTMARE! You will be accused of not following policy... Yes, you will be accused of returning too many items NOT the seller!

Whatever you do on Ebay, do NOT trust advertisements or descriptions on objects sold on Ebay; particularly coming from India and China!!!

If you dispute charges with your credit card company, Ebay will 'punish' you by locking your account.

Ebay has many other egregious business practices, such as making their website as unfriendly as possible: finding items, contacting Ebay directly, very uncaring staff and so much more.

My credit card has had to give me 'courtesy credits" because Ebay has refused to act with ethics.

• Th
        TheMechanic Jan 26, 2021

Well of course you will be accused of performing too many returns. Returns are such a rarity that its overwhelmingly unlikely that 1 customer will need to do more then 1 return a year. I've only ever return an item twice in 7 years and both times was technically my fault for not properly reading the descriptions. 1st was some Christmas quilt covers that I thought was actually quilts. The 2nd was When Calls the Heart season 5 movies. I thought TV shows came in complete seasons, well When Calls the Heart also puts out just their 2 hour movie episodes in a separate option on DVD.

eBaySold item & shipped to ebay global shipping. EGS lost item & did not contact or reimburse customer.

I received an email from Paypal on stating that they have returned $375.67 from my account to reimburse the buyer for the product that eBay Global Shipping lost. I made several attempts for eBay to take care of the buyer and myself but got nowhere. I continued to get nowhere. Then all this happened with Paypal. I shipped the product and it was received by EGS and I was told via chat that I was not responsible after it reached EGS and that someone would contact buyer which did not happen. This item was rare and I am now without the item, sold $, eBay charges, Paylpal charges, shipping cost and chargeback charges. I have now lost time, money and product due to eBay. I would appreciate help with my issue.

7-26-20 SOLD RARE VINTAGE 1980 STAR WARS TIE BOMBER DIE CAST BY KENNER
      ITEM# [protected] $375.67 (ITEM$360.77 + SHIPPING $14.90)
      BOXED ITEM UP AND SHIPPED IT TO ADDRESS SUPPLIED THROUGH EBAY
      USPS TRACKING # [protected] [protected] SHIP DATE 7-27-20

ALL INFORMATION ABOUT SHIPPING BELOW CAME DIRECTLY FROM EBAY.
      • Aug 5, 2020

• Customs Cleared
      LVNKEB tracking #LPKEN000000560135513

8-28-20 CUSTOMER CONTACTED ME VIA EMAIL REGARDING PACKAGE NOT DELIVERED

Hi Robin,
      Stil no delivery yet? Not panicking yet. During the current times, and many people shipping items and not going out to shop, couriers are busier than ever. What Courier is going to deliver? FedEx, Purolator, or UPS? Do you know? The tracking shows the item is in Canada. I wonder if there is a number to call, or courier to contact for an update? What are your thoughts?

Darren

8-31-20 CONVERSATION WITH ELA MARIE FROM EBAY.
      I ASKED: CAN YOU CONTACT YOUR CARIIER AND ASK THEM TO INVESTIGATESINCE IT WENT THROGH EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING?
      ELA REPLY: SURE THING, WE'LL HANDLE IT FROM HERE SINCE GLOBAL SHIPPING IS WITH US AS WELL.
      I SAID: I WOULD LIKE YOU TO FIND OUT WHERE IT IS AND WHEN IT WILL BE DELIVERED.
      ELA SAID: AS OF NOW, WHAT YOU CAN SEE THERE IN TRACKING IS WHAT WE CAN SEE HERE ONLY ALSO ROBIN. DUE TO THE DIFFICULT TIMES NOW, WE REALLY CAN'T SAY WHEN WILL THE ITEM BE DELIVERED.
      MORE CONVERSATION
      ELA SAID: WE''LL REACH OUT TO THEM TO KNOW THWE SITUATION BUT IF THERE IS ANY UPDATE OR MOVEMENT IN THE SHIPPING IT WILL SHOW UP ON THE GLOBAL TRACKING #
      9-21-20 CHATTED WITH JOVEN AT EBAY BECAUSE STILL NO ITEM DELIVERED OR REPLY FROM EBAY. TRYING TO BE PATIENT WITH EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING ON.
      JOVEN SAID: I HAVE MADE A REQUEST AND CONTACTED GLOBAL SHIPPING ABOUT THIS MATTER. PLEASE EXPECT FOR THEM TO REACH OUT TO YOU VIA EMAIL WITHIN 24-72 HOURS.
      9-21-20 CHATTED WITH KENNETH RUSSEL AT EBAY
      HE ALSO STATED THAT EGS WOULD CONTACT ME AND THE BUYER DIRECTLY IN 48-72 HOURS.
      HE ALSO STATED THAT I WAS NOT REQUIRED TO REFUND BUYER.
      JUST LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ALREADY GOT IN TOUCH WITH US AND THEY WILL BE CALLED.
      I SAID: SO DOES THAT MEAN YOU WILL HANDLE EVERYTHING REGARDING HIS REFUND?
      KENNETH SAID: YES
      CONTINUED CONVERSATION
      I SAID: WHAT ABOUT THE PRODUCT/FUNDS? DOES EBAY PAY HIM BACK?
      KENNETH SAID: YES
      AND YOU SHOULD STILL GET THE MONEY FOR THE SALE.
      8-26-20 RECEIVED EMAIL FROM SARAH F.

9-24-20 MEIZI
      EBAY SELLERS FEE $36.08
      EBAY CHARGE ON SHIP FEE $1.49
      ACTUAL SHIPPING TO EGS $9.54
      TOTAL COST TO ME $459.20
      SO I DO NOT HAVE MY ITEM AND I AM HAVE NOW LOST $459.20. I DELIVERED THE ITEM TO EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING AND EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING IS RESPONSIBLE FROM THAT POINT FORWARD. I CONTACTED THEM NUMEROUS TIMES. PAYPAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING. I SENT PAYPAL PROOF THAT ITEM WAS DELIVERED TO EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING BUT THEY STILL TOOK MY MONEY. I HAVE CHATTED, EMAILED, CALLED AND SENT WRITTEN CORRASPONDANCE TO NO AVAIL.

I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK. I WOULD LIKE EBAY TO TAKE RESPOSIBILITY AND DO THE RIGHT THING.
      This is the letter that I received from Paypal.
      Dear Robin Voss,
      We've been working with your buyer's financial institution to resolve the dispute for the transaction detailed below.
      • Buyer's name: Darren Buckley
      • Buyer's email: [protected]@shaw.ca
      • Buyer's transaction ID: 7BA394111U5535526
      • Your transaction ID: 1XK31719R22298911
      • Transaction date: July 26, 2020
      • Transaction amount: $375.67 USD
      • Disputed amount: $523.37 CAD
      After our efforts to resolve this dispute on your behalf, your buyer's financial institution decided in the buyer's favor.
      While we cannot dispute this transaction any further, we encourage you to contact your buyer directly to reach a resolution.
      Thank you for your patience during this process. We appreciate your business.
      You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center. After you log in to your PayPal account, click Tools, and then click Business Resource Center under "Grow your business."
      Sincerely,
      PayPal

I received an email on 10/14/20 stating that it was not covered by the chargeback Seller protection and Paypal charged me an additional $20.00 for a chargeback fee.

This item was very rare and part of my personal collection.

Misery loves company :'(

eBayRefusing Appeal of Closed Case #[protected]

I have documented NEW PROOF that the item was NOT delivered to my address & according to eBay's own TERMS & CONDITIONS, I am entitled to appeal a closed case within 30 days . But eBay has closed my case just today & made the appeals process nearly impossible! When I finally figured out how to appeal, all I get is a notice that the case has been closed. There is no longer ANY way to directly contact eBay to resolve issues. Customer service is non-existent! eBay is VIOLATING their own TERMS & CONDITIONS, as well as their own MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

• Updated by BootStrapGal · Jan 19, 2021

I possess the UPS Tracking Record which clearly shows that there was a change of address during the shipping process. I also possess a record tracking the delivery to an address which is NOT MY ADDRESS. As my eBay registered address has not changed in over 6 years, I can PROVE that I have NOT received this shipment. I am also in direct contact with the local UPS Dispatch & THEY CAN VERIFY that this shipment was NOT delivered to me. Finally, despite the seller's reply on opening the case, I have NOT received any additional shipping updates & therefore, tracking of a replacement shipment IS IMPOSSIBLE. I have NOT RECEIVED THIS ITEM.

E-bay Refund for returned item to seller!

Tried to send data to e-bay the delivery information and tracking # from UPS!
          It was sent to e-bay in the time allotment but e-bay claims not to have received it and has terminated pursuit of my refund claim!
          I sent e-bay the UPS tracking # and delivery information on Jan. 13 well within the time limit!
          Again, the UPS tracking # 1ZE35Y60039299873
          Delivered to seller on Monday 01/11/2021 at 1:422 PM.
          To: LINCOLN, NE US
          Wt. 48 lbs.
          Impossible to get correct e-bay address for return information required!
          May not continue with e-bay purchases in the future because of these difficulties! Rodney Norwell nickelb847

• Updated by Rodney Norwell · Jan 19, 2021

Waiting for response from e-bay!

eBayEbay not clear whether order has been canceled and no way to contact company to verify

I ordered an item (a passenger-side mirror) this morning (January 18, 2021 just before 7 AM) and immediately realized it wasn't what I wanted. I sent a message to the seller telling him I didn't want it. The seller was newyorkrestomod (67446). The item ID number is [protected]. I wasn't informed that I canceled the order. I received two e-mails at 5:23 PM telling me that the item will be shipped tomorrow. I called my bank, and they said that the charge is pending. However, the item isn't listed in my ebay account. I didn't save a copy of this message I sent to the seller this morning, but the message I sent at 7:12 PM says, "I ordered a passenger-side mirror this morning, but it wasn't what I was looking for, so i canceled the order right after I ordered it. Nevertheless, I received an e-mail telling me that it's shipping tomorrow. Please cancel my order, don't send the item, and let me know that you've done so. I'll also contact my bank to let them know not to charge my card if they haven't already done so."

eBayalexgo1885(28)

I ordered what was purported to be Vintage Sevres Porcelain Set of 2 Blue, white and Gold Plates on EBAY. Rec'd them on or about 12/02/20. Knew right away they were not Sevres. Cheap construction plus
              no Sevres mark. Contacted the seller(s) by telephone and demanded refund. I was first told I would receive a return mail voucher. Then they stonewalled me. I returned the item and again asked for refund. No response whatsoever to date.
              Order # [protected], Item ID363176696162.

Beth Hansen, [protected]@sbcglobal.net

eBayBuying/Selling Policy

I've got a email from ebay basically telling me off for something when I believe I done nothing wrong. I saw a item for sale which had to be viewed before purchasing. The seller gave me his address and I went to view the item. The item was too damaged so I didnt purchase it. The seller continued selling the item. If I wanted the item I would of purchased the item via ebay while I was there. But they told me this is not allowed

eBayInternational final value fees.

Posted to my facebook page.

Ebay sellers alert. Be sure to check your managed payment transaction reports for international final value fees.

You can stop international shipment, but will be charged international final fees for sales to buyers registered outside the united states for shipments inside the united states. This applies even if you have selected "no international shipping" while listing products.

Jan 12, 2021

eBay — Lack of support for people who are scammed on ebay auction site. Ebay

eBay says they have a guarantee that people won't be cheated. They actually do nothing, no phone number i...

eBayno help from your resolution service on-line

I sold an item to an individual back in Nov. 2020. They didnt want, It was three ellis island one dollar coins. I agreed to have them return to me and I would refund the money. They only sent back one of the coins. The resolution center told me after one month that they would award the buyer a refund and I was out two of my coins. They never contacted me for my side of the transaction. So they essentially let the buyer steal two of my coins and get all their money back. I find this very frustrating, one because they got away with it, and two nobody ever contacted me . This is ebay transaction #[protected]. I'm sure I will not be contacted knowing the history of ebay, but at least I can voice my opinion. I can also let people I know not to do business with a company who doesn't listen to both sides of a sale

no help from your resolution service on-line

eBayBorner Cutter V1 ClassicLine Basic Set ( [protected] )

ORDER DATE 28 jul 2020, ORDER NUMBER [protected]-[protected]
                      SOLD BY bornergermany-es(1 item)

We paid for this item but the company never delivered the product and kept giving a new expected delivery date, we emailed the company Borner regularly asking when it would be delivered, the eventually contacted ebay who opened a complaint but all we got from ebay was that they had given the company a period of time to respond to us, to supply the product or refund.

We still have never received any contact or the product from Borner.

eBayEbay is asking me to pay the bank fees the buyer has refused to pay

I have sold an item on ebay. The item (stamps) has been delivered in a timely manner and the buyer has confirmed the receipt and issued a positive feedback. However the buyer has discovered that because of the new ebay payment arrangements (no paypal) he has to pay to the bank a fee equivalent to the price of the goods. So the buyer has contacted ebay and issued a claim on this issue asking to stop the payment because he does not want to pay the bank fees. Even if these bank fees are due to the new ebay policy and ebay should try to help, they have not done anything about it. They have only blocked my payment in full and, in addition to that, they have charged to me the bank fees the buyer has refused to pay. So not only I am not paid for my sale but I also have a penalty fee to pay for something I have  nothing to do with. I have spoken to customer service, I have appealed twice their decision, but they have reconfirmed that I will not receive any payment for the goods supplied  and in addition to that I will have to pay the bank fees. I would like to know if this has happened only to me . I am very upset about the way I have been treated and I am considering getting legal advice on this

eBayAccounting

I was charged for listing a vehicle that didn't sell because buyer flaked.
                          I notified eBay 5 times. They continued to send me payment invoices. I had to take my credit card out of action as they were going to debit me the fee.

Once I finally got above resolved I reactivated my card and they charged me a $51 charge fir what I don't know. I paid it anyway and they still have my account locked 2 weeks later. I have been with them for 16?years and they treat you like garbage as you can not contact a human without stating on phone for 45 mins.

I'm done with them

eBayhelp/ contact

Ebay cancelled a transaction I had with a seller without giving me a reason. When I went to the help and contact button there is no category for eBay screwed you. Also all of the phone numbers have been retired . Using your help robot is like being on a merry-g- round. It cannot resolve my issue and it will not put me in contact with a living person. One small note, I HATE MERRY-GO-ROUNDS. Your help system is so frustrating that I will have to very carefully reconsider my association with you!!!
                            At this point I would cheerfully strangler your whole help system design team!
                            Shaun Yule

Dec 17, 2020

eBay — In 27 months of being a trs + not one listing has the trs badge.!

There it is. I am a GOLD POWER SELLER. One would think, one would receive enhanced customer support. No the...

Dec 10, 2020

eBay — Chill sac

I've purchased in the past from sellers with being able to cancel an order as a correction in buying the...

eBayCustomer service

Since covid, ebay has made it impossible to talk with a real problem, ever when a reseller is engaging in fraudulent activity. Rather than simply accept the return of a damaged item... Damaged prior to shipment... Shipper is trying to file a fraudulent insurance claim with fedex. There was no damage that occurred during the shipment.

I've tried to reach ebay by phone, but all avenues cut one off with no legitimate recourse.

[protected]@masscot.net

Nov 15, 2020

eBay — Profiled banned for no reason

Your company banned  me with out  looking  into this further and figuring out the badge I was selling  ha...

Nov 10, 2020

eBay — Refund of returning shipping fee

The seller is cheating and ebay can't hold the seller accountable, didn't step in for the...