Having problems with eBay?

eBay reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2006. The latest review Account suspension due to not providing information timely. was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint Sellers protection was resolved on May 05, 2020. eBay has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 593 reviews. eBay has resolved 143 complaints.

eBay Customer Service Contacts

Sat9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

eBay Complaints & Reviews

eBaywifi repeater

Bought a WIFI repeater in July. Went to set up 9/13/19. Requires a $9.99 mo. Driver update set up. Cancelled set up. Contacted Seller "sunhinelife" for refund. Will not refund -past 30 days.
Contacted EBAY 3 times for help. Have to go through Pay Pal for refunds now, even though I paid with Credit Card. BIG GOAT ROPE PROCESS!
Contacted Pay Pal. Waiting for a call back now.

AMAZON PRIME is looking better than ever.

Ebay's new process sucks!

eBaysellers rude response

I've asked a seller why he doesn't have Combined shipping. The shipping is more than the miniature items. I'm sending you the Screenshot conversation. I'm 66 years old and have never seen someone so rude to a customer's request. The screenshot I sent you has the complete total conversations we had discussing the issue. Nobody in their right mind would pay separate shipping charges on these micro mini items with the promise that the seller will send the overcharge back. Thank you. P.S. Love eBay. I'm a regular customer. Keep up the good work. 👌

sellers rude response

eBayearphones

I have order two samsung headphones on dated 3 July 2019. Its not working. one pair is not functioning and second one just one is working. can you please replace or refund my money. it was a very bad experience for me.

I feel so bad when i receive it and take a first try. Kindly resolve my issue i am handicapped without my earphones. i have enclosed the bill with it.

earphones

eBayselling

I sold a new watch recently. The customer after a few days complained that the watch was scratched and dirty. Basically a false claim. The customer wanted to return the watch. Suddenly Moët Oahu fir my watch was removed from my account without my approval and the customer still has my watch.
        1) Who approved all of this which is against the law

Please advise

• Updated by drmason00 · Aug 16, 2019

Suddenly funds paid for the watch was removed from my account without my approval or knowledge

eBayaccount hacked

My account was hacked July 18 or approximately. I had not used it for a long time and when I purchased an iPhone, they hacked my account. Since it was outsourced it has not been a good experience. Somebody moved me to Portland where I have never been, I live in Utah. my email was changed and had problems with my password. nobody helped me, they just took note and the usual: I am sorry that does not mean anything. I lost 251 US$ apparently unrecovered. PayPal partner did not help either. I had to close my account

eBaysupport/your computer system

I am a seller/buyer. Have been almost 20 yrs off and on. In garage cleaning, began posting items for sale. 1.5 hrs in. At first logon had password issues. Dont know why because my password are WRITTEN IN A BOOK, but I verified my security question, had the link sent to email on record, clicked the link, changed password, began posting.

Ge email that my account was flagged as "being unauthorized use", listings deleted, and the account was actually terminated. Called, had to change passwords again, forced to only click links in their emails. I get in, see profile, my security questions disappeared. Tried to go through any profile matters while on with them - but it kept kicking me out to password (which started a loop of verification, change password, resend links, etc...). Once back in, they said, dont worry about profile changes right now. Paypal is set, email, phone, are set so I can post and then deal with profile updates/corrections later. They also unlinked my personal account from the business selling account so as to avoid any issues there..at my request. We're working again. They restored the deleted listings. Continued to post more.

Today - I go to log in, check status, post more...and password no work. Tried second time, this time it seems to accept password but says it has to verify its me. I clicked send email. (ho phone since that was an issue yesterday) Go to email...NO EMAIL.

Login in screen says to give them other info in the profile. I call - the guy wants, more verification info. Asked the guy to at least check the notes from yesterday as I dont even know whats in the profile at this point. Phone number i gave was correct (actually calling from it so caller ID confirmed that) But said they would have to call me back. No - Im on and want to deal with it now. Then he says so they can verify its me. Told him lets try something else. Then he wanted DOB, full address, etc..I again told him I dont know what address is there since everything in my profile got messed up yesterday - and I dont use my date of birth on anything so that was a no. (yesterday me and the lady rambled on as much as I could remember about the account from 20yrs ago till. something I said DID verify me, but she never toldme exactly what it was that verified). Todays guy didnt want to do that, and honestly I shouldn't have to do that. Supposedly without "higher verification" - cant do anything else.

Guy kept pushing for verification, but how can I verify what I dont know is there. At this point -to me verification should be you tell me what you got and I say yes or no. I'm not giving anymore info cause something is definitely wrong.

Ask for supervisor. Was told it will be same thing. Got someone Jonathan I think who proceeded to insist upon the same. Asked him to look at the notes from yesterday -which he would not. Claimed he could do nothing else until I verified...BUT WHAT AM I VERIFYING. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHATS THERE?

I ask for person above him. Told him at this point something is wrong that I spend hrs yesterday resolving only to wind up today with same issues. He claims no one else I can talk to. Hes the manager . More prodding at one point he says next step would be internal people that I CANNOT speak with, then he said the next step would be the Director of Ebay. Asked for phone or email contact info - denied. Told the only way was to send a paper letter to a mailing address (in the age of technology that seems strange.) Also strange that you have a call center rep, a supposed manager and then the Director of Ebay as the command line..for a company this large.

PROBLEMS - FOR WHATEVER REASON THE SYSTEM DECIDED MY POSTING WAS FRAUDULENT AND SHUT OFF MY ACCOUNT. Ok - I hadnt sold in a while, so I give it as security. ONCE I went through over an hour verifying and getting most stuff straight...I go back today and its almost the same thing. DOES THIS HAPPEN TO EVERYONE? I NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE.
            IF NOT - THEN WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH MY ACCOUNT THAT THIS IS HAPPENING?
            IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, MAYBE ME AND YOUR FRAUD PEOPLE SHOULD BE TALKING TO TRY TO TRACK IT DOWN...INSTEAD OF FRUSTRATING AND PUNISHING ME TO PROVIDE INFO THAT I OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO. AND NO IM NOT GOING TO RAMBLE OFF EVERYTHING ABOUT MY LIFE UNTIL WE STUMBLE ON SOMETHING THAT IS THERE...INSANE. AND I HAVE MY INFO TO TAKE TO POLICE - CAUSE I WILL DEFINITELY FILE CHARGES IF SOMEONE IS DOING SOME HANKY PANKY WITH MY ACCOUNT.

my email is : [protected]@aol.com
            RESOLUTION; 1) Fix my account from whatever has it messed up - once and for all.
            2) I have active listings, some even PAID FOR, that I cannot manage, monitor, handle, etc.
            3) ENSURE NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IF A LISTING CLOSES/SELLS AND I CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH THE BUYERS TO COMPLETE THE PROCESS. My purchase and selling history has almost excellent feedback.
            4) SCHEDULE A DATE AND TIME THAT I CAN SPEAK WITH SOMEONE. EBAY IS NOT MY FULL TIME JOB AND MOST BOSSES DONT LET YOU TAKE CALLS AT WORK TO DISCUSS YOUR EBAY SELLING. MY WORK SCHEDULE CHANGES EACH WEEK. SO NO YOU CANT JUST RANDOMLY CALL ME. BUT I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO RETELL THE STORY AND PLAY THE GAME CANT VERIFY WHATEVER THEY MIGHT ASK FOR EVERY PERSON I TALK TO. I PREFER TO DO IT ONE TIME, WITH MANAGEMENT, TECH OR FRAUD PERSON WHO CAN GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT AND FIX IT ONCE AND FOR ALL.

eBaytv has not been delivered to my address!!

I bought a TV on 23rd of May and untill this day it has NOT been delivered to my home address. I tried many times contacting the seller regarding the late of delivery, but sometimes he never respond!! Also, I have contacted DHL courier about this case of late and they said to me that the TV had been also bought by another person as the same time in which they delivered the TV JUST to him. So far, I don't want the TV to be delivered due to late circomstances and I want a refund for it instead.
              Waiting for your respond
              Regards

Khalil

eBaytoyota tacoma

Same story as others told. Pamela Herlihy is now going by Linda Hart. Exact same wording for a black Toyota Tacoma that she used on the red one. The pics she sent me were from some other site where she had used the Pamela name...

She's now saying that's she's in the military claiming to be going off to Iraq (?), even giving herself a military title. Sick.

eBayebay laptop auction

There was a problem with an ebay (laptop) auction on 28 October 2018 in which I placed what should have been the winning bid but for some reason my bids weren't being accepted by the system. Ebay has a full log of what happened. I spoke to ebay Customer Support at the time and they told me they would conduct an investigation (I never heard back from them). I also followed up wtith the seller but he had no explanation (he confirmed to me that the the auction was not ended early). To date I have had no explanation as to how it was possible, and I subsequently ended up buying another laptop through an ebay auction about 2 months later for which I paid considerably more in post and tax duties as I had to have it shipped to me in Switzerland (plus there are a number of problems with the laptop I ended up purchasing and to date I've spent a lot more to fix various issues). I spoke to Jericho C. at ebay Customer Support on 26 December but there was no resolution.

if an auction is still open, with 30 minutes or 3 minutes left, ebay is legally bound to honor that (just as if someone places a winning bid they are legally bound to purchase the item and the seller is legally bound by the terms of the auction to sell it to them). It's not right what happened.

I double-checked against another auction on the same evening (28 October 2018) for another laptop and my bids were being accepted right up to the end of the auction as it timed out, so there was some problem with that specific auction (it had nothing to do with my computer or not being logged on at the time as I believe Jerico C. suggested).

If I'd had the laptop I should have had, I would have spent at least 300 GBP less than I've paid to date plus I had to wait an extra 2 months to find one that was similar.

Ebay are legally bound to compensate the fact that I did not win the auction when I ought to have (I placed various higher bids than what turned out to be the winning bid but the system just deleted them as if someone was pressing the backspace button before I could click enter) and pay me for the extra expense I've had in buying an alternative computer two months later at greater cost (and with various problems).

L.Jamei
                  [protected]@yahoo.com

Details of auction:

HP Spectre x360 Pro G2 - Intel Core i5-6300U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
                  HP Spectre x360 Pro G2 - Intel Cor
                  Enchère en cours : 435, 00 GBP
                  L'enchère se termine à 28 oct. 2018 20:06 Paris
                  Enchères : 19
                  Livraison : pas de livraison internationale

eBayholding payments when item has been dealt

I have an above standard seller rating and the item you are holding payment for was sent within 1 day of payment being received plus it's been delivered and signed for but payment status say I could wait another 12 days before you release the payment? Can you release the money ASAP please as I need it and I find this whole process a bit of a joke and I'm contemplating not using eBay anymore to sell items!

eBaytommy hilfiger puffer jacket

Dear sir,
                      On 30march 2019 one tommy hilfiger puffer jacket was purchased through e Bay Web vide payment no PS [protected] with INR 10034.37 & credited to OTHPG [protected] BRIGHT FOREST TECHNOLOGY Singapore on 30th March 2019. After waiting for the estimated time the product could not be delivered to me I enquired through mail ID [protected]@servicecentervip.comwhere from I was informed about payment confirmation. I was informed that product was lost during tanist. However we will arrange refund for you. I also agreed with the T&C for refund but till date I couldn't receive.
                      Sir. I have contacted so many time through mail ids service3(TID:27, ANNIE(TID:27, CS3(TID27) Through which I was in formed about refund but all were false promises.
                      Sir, now I request kindly look into the matter so that the disposal is ensured at the earliest. I hope your good self is quite enough to look personally.
                      Regards
                      ANWAR [protected]

eBayreturn item

On July 15, 2019 I bought a used SupperMacro Server 5105M, but It didn't work, then I went through the online procedure to return the item, the procedure automatically directed the case to PayPal ( i.e. filed a dispute with PayPal) without telling me anything about this such as the case ID and how to contact PayPal. Later I called E Bay to return the item they told me to contact PayPal. I opened my account in PayPal and couldn't see any case opening from E Bay, then I called E Bay again to help me contact PayPal about the case, but they refused to do this and told me this was the procedure they must follow. The questions is that if E Bay can not contact PayPal why it sends the case to PayPal, and why E Bay sends the case to PayPal but don't tell customers the case ID? It looks like this is an intentionally designed trap on online procedure to refuse the customer's return requests. I contacted the seller Electronixredux that never gives me any respond. And also when you go through the online procedure of return you must be carefully that if you cancel the return once a time you don't have any chance to go back again.

eBaydna kit

In april I ordered a dna kit from them It arrived i sent it too ancestry it said recieved activate stuck i called ancestry so many times waited nothing I was told the kit was canceled ebay said it wasnt then I found out piperdaplyn54 is now unregistered seller . Also told by ancestry they do not take dna from thrid party .
                          Now I paid 42 dollars to be told by ebay nothing they can do I am no longer going to be buying anthing from them I can trust them if there letting people get on their site and rob us .
                          Those of you who are looking for a kit make sure not to purchase it on ebay their scammers on there .

eBayitem #[protected]

I won this item. seller never sent and eBay does nothing to enforce unethical, amoral and illegal sellers. I left negative feedback and seller relisted same item under item # [protected] at a greater price the next day. Seller claimed one day earlier that item was still on its way from India and I should get it any time and then offered to send me a free obelisk for my trouble, which will never arrive from a cheater company that is being protected by ebay. Compare the listings. THEY ARE IDENTICAL

This is a blatant breach of contract law. The seller was obligated to sell me that obelisk at the agreed upon price. They should be kicked off eBay for unethical and illegal business practices, but eBay only goes after buyers who don't pay, not sellers who screw buyers with 100% positive feedback ratings. Sellers is 66.7%, you do the math.

eBaypayment

Yes I  am pissed you are holding payment for no reason what so ever

I don't understand why there's a problem now there wasn't for products that were listed higher prices and everything is shipped I've got no complaints no open cases for this 1 and end up doing is canceling my eBay account pulling down all my ads for the Van you get nothing from me anymore that's why Amazon is number 1 you have blatantly shamed me

Unfair business practices on your part and I will leave reviews everywhere about this why not to sell on ebay

eBayebay overcharging me for shipping

Shipped an item I sold on ebay. Got the shipping label and postal receipt for it from them in the amount of $11.55. Then when I get my paypal statement it shows that ebay charged me $14.96 for that item. I have a receipt showing $11.55 not $14.96 that they charged me and now they are denying that they had anything to do with this so I am out the difference. CROOKS

ebay overcharging me for shipping

eBayproduct never arrived

I order a coloring book off ebay and never received the book. The seller great book prices told me to get in contact with. The name of the book is cartoon adult coloring book and the ISBN # [protected] and was anothe number also and it is ISBN # [protected]. The Ebay number or ePID [protected]. You can reach me by either my phone number or e-mail. [protected] or [protected]@gmail.com.

Jul 18, 2019

eBay — account reinstatement?

The 1st and only time I can remember using ebay I tried to purchase a part for mites truck called a clock...

eBayweb site

eBay increasingly has one of the worst web sites I have found. I have been a frequent buyer and seller for ten years but I wish there were an alternative that worked.

The web site is hard to navigate but the worst feature of all is search. I searched on Computer Case and got over a thousand pieces of obscure computer parts but no case (try it yourself and see). eBay doesn't understand that a computer case is thing that you put your computer in to carry it to work. Putting 'Computer Case' in quotes doesn't do anything.

My list of ways the web site does not work would fill a book about the size of War and Peace (if you are a computer geek, that is piece of old literature printed on paper that nobody reads anymore.

eBay is one of those companies that has a monopoly, it is all automatic and so nobody has to make it work well anymore. There is nobody home.

eBaybad - unethical seller

I purchased three pair of men's shorts from
                                      Buyer "eBay - jctmlb"

They immediately asked for a great rating -- (I should have known)

Bottom line -- They shipped only 2 of the 3 pair, Ordered Khaki - got Sand color - was not what was ordered.

They of course now have my money, have claimed damage from USPS (didn't exist)

Now they are not responding -- I have been cheated, stolen from and conned all at once.

bad - unethical seller