Dollar General Complaints & Reviews

Have a problem? Contact customer service, submit your complaint, find closest location, or read guest reviews below.
Feb 24, 2021

Dollar General — The entire store not accessible. Very unsafe for customers.

Dollar General store # 17825 Louisville MS. This store is not safe for customers. The store has been like...

Louisville

Dollar GeneralNot Selling My Pillow Products Now

I am so disappointed to learn you are no longer going to sell My Pillow products. I can only assume that you do not believe in freedom of speech anymore. This is appalling to me because if you disagree with a conservative Christian you just stop serving those of us who are your customers.
Where were you this past summer when people's businesses, cars were being burned to the ground, looted, police officers injured, people KILLED. Trying to blame Mike Lindell for other people's behavior is ridiculous and by the way I thought we were still free to speak in this country even if others don't like what we say! This cancel culture is going to lead to communism taking over our country. It's funny that nothing ever applies to Democrats or liberals but in communism even those people will have no voice.
Sadly I will no longer be able to shop at your stores because I feel I must stand up for at least HALF OF THE CITIZENS IN THIS COUNTRY! Just so you know you are only losing business because the My Pillow company is now making more money than ever thanks to companies like you!
Vicki Martinez

Dollar Generalservice

Cashier checked me out. I ask her if it took off my 5$ she said yes and I told her I did not think so, because of total. She said that it did . When I got my receipt, I knew that it had not. She said nothing I could do about it . Its not about the 5$, I have a small business at least a hundred people go in an out daily. I would never allow my employees to talk or raise their voice at someone the way she did especially in front of people. Times are hard right now for everybody and I believe in treating people the way you want to be treated. I shop their several times a week and I am very disappointed in your customer service.

Disappointed customer

Dollar GeneralCashier

Went by the local dollar general today after a long tiring day. Me being 46 and hurting constantly I dont always have a smile at the end of the day. As I gathered my items and brought them to the counter I was sliding them across the counter under the very small window of plexiglass protection to her when I was extremely belittle by the very rude young female cashier yelling in a very stern manner do I have issues, then in trying to find a complaint dept to email them it was basically non existent had to make a phone call with no resolve yet. This is very unacceptable behavior for a cashier it was terrible experience

Dollar GeneralCensorship/Cancel conservative vendors

My family has been devoted to Dollar General for the last 30 years or more. So needless to say I was very saddened by your choice to begin censoring conservative vendor. So of course now my family will no longer shop at the Dollar General until they apologize for supporting censorship and cancel culture. My goal is to inform and continue to grow support all across the Country to cancel Dollar General. Will pray for your lost souls and of course will miss shopping at my favorite store. Thank you for you time.

Feb 17, 2021

Dollar General Store — Personal

Having visited store number 01472, in glen burnie md. I was totally appalled at the lack of customer service...

Dollar Generalsocial distancing and face mask

we need back the line on the floor for social distancing this is a pandemic and i need my grandbabies and myself to feel safe in your store in California City and please mandate mask wearing before entering the store at all time during this times, each cashier need the six feet distance line down some people have no common sense which makes things hard for others

• Stretchsk Feb 18, 2021

How about these fearful people stop mandating how the rest of us should behave? If your afraid stay home it really is that simple.

TheMechanic Feb 16, 2021

When I see these post I just think what a idiot. Really I don't care if you or your grandbabies die, you and your grandbabies aren't my responsibility, though I'm sure you receive food stamps that I'm most likely am partially paying for and you intend to use in my store. You are basically taking my money from me and then coming through my store and spending it right in front of me and complaining for the opportunity. Fact is I want you to die at least then you'd be off the government dole.

Dollar GeneralInvolvement in politics

I have been informed that your store is now cancelling Mike Lindells products! Why would you insert yourselves in to the crazy world of politics?

Are you not smart enough to figure out that at least 75 million people voted for former President Trump?? So with you playing politics I guess I'll play pick a favorite store and DOLLAR GENERAL didn't make the cut!

As of today, consider your store cancelled in the Demmien household!

I have power as well, I'm a consumer, there are many other stores that want my money I will ensure they get my business

Sincerely Linda Demmien

• Stretchsk Feb 18, 2021

Completely agree, we will cancel Dollar General!

Feb 15, 2021

Dollar General — District manager and loss prevention

I was terminated from dg on 12/10/2020 wrongful. I was told by ex district manager it was ok to do the paid...

Dollar GeneralGift card

I had bought a Dollar General gift card for $50 for my mother-in-law who is 81 years of age. She went there to purchase items with use of her card. The cashier told her she couldn't use the card because it would shut their system down. So she had to got to another town which also had a Dollar General store to use it. What kind of business is this. She is well up in age and shouldn't have to run around locating another Dollar General to redeem her card. Why even sell the cards at the Ware store if you can't even use them there. Very poor business.

TheMechanic Feb 14, 2021

I'm thinking it's not that they don't accept giftcards at that location, but that the store is having technical issue where they cant run any debit, credit, ebt, or giftcards at that time till IT fixes the issue. My store always has issue where for some reason every couple of days the systems losses connection to the network and we have to let people know we can only handle cash transactions till the system is fixed.

TheMechanic Feb 14, 2021

@TheMechanic It's not really a store issue but an issue with the internet provider. The only internet provided in the area my store is located is AT&T so we are at the mercy of AT&T till a new internet provider comes to the area.

Dollar GeneralMistake then lied too

I have been down on my luck after applying for jobs and getting interviews I was finally hired at dollar general...went to work I walk about 30min there and back well I was there when the store wasn't opened and had to walk back just to come back and open the store with the guy well this night felt off because I closed on day with a girl I never worked with and the guy who stocked the coolers said I can have the food because it's hard out there and I agreed I said yes I have family but mind u I bagged it and next day I was fired she said she wasn't going to put non rehire leg but she did but yet the manager can use her key and give ppl in her line 15% so they can do a survey infront of her she also had all of us do them when ppl don't want there receipts which then after we talked she said go apply for the other dollar general I called that manger and she told me she said I know who you are she said I told you she didn't like you she wanted to find a reason..

TheMechanic Feb 13, 2021

Whoever told you that you could take the food didn't have the authority to make that decision and you should have known it. She may have said she wouldn't put not rehire-able on your file because shes not the person who would HR headquarters put not rehire-able on the files not the store manager and not rehire-able is usually put on everybody's file who works at a store for less than 3 years. A store manager can unilaterally decide for any reason to provide discounts to anyone for any reason.

Feb 11, 2021

Dollar General — Manager

I have worked for dg for seven months now, and not once have I been late nor have I ever asked time off, deb...

Eagle Grove
                  Feb 10, 2021

Dollar General — Cigarettes

Go to $ general - new cashier (very nice) chatting during checkout. Manager (crystal) comes up watching and...

Feb 09, 2021

Dollar General — Manager constantly yelling and refusing customer

The manager is refusing service to anyone without a mask on. She was already rude before a covid and now even...

West Point
                  Feb 08, 2021

Dollar General — Doesn't care about their employees

When they have good employees that rarely ever call's in, works their hinny's off for very little...

Feb 03, 2021

Dollar General — Closing policies, former employee policies, management-on-a-power-trip

I was literally JUST informed by a very recently former employee (quit due to scheduling conflicts, and I...

Jan 31, 2021

Dollar General — Management

01/31/2021. I was an employee at dollar general on 300 Azalea Road in Mobile, Alabama. I had been working...

Dollar GeneralDigital coupons

Dollar General advertises digital coupons if you have their app on your phone. My roommate downloaded the app months ago and has successfully used it at several locations. Shopped at our local Damascus, Ar store to purchase many things including several with digital coupons. Upon checkout, was informed that location does not accept the coupons as they don't have a kiosk. How can you, as a major corporation, have locations without the capability to redeem these coupons? You can throw stores up every five miles, but some of your locations can't redeem the digital coupons? Major problem and very disappointing. Can always find somewhere more consistent to shop.

Jan 30, 2021

Dollar General — Racism towards the poor

I went into dollar general in castile ny earlier. I grabbed the wrong jacket. I was freezing. Got what I...

Castile
                    Jan 26, 2021

Dollar General — Mold in store

I work at Dollar General 10589 St Peter MN. I have mentioned Mold smells in the store and back room. I...

Saint Peter