Clover ValleyThe awful taste

S

I bought a clover valley diet cola from dollar general today, 6-5-12. The date on the cola was october 2012, so imagine my surprise when i drank a swallow of it and it was so nasty i had to spit it out, i started to by 2 of them but i m glad i didnt, if you cant sell anything that doesnt taste no better than that you should stop selling it, yuck, nasty,

Cheree Mann Sep 08, 2021

While drinking a glass of milk from Clover Valley, I asked, "What do these cows eat?" The milk tastes terrible and I love a good, tall, cold glass of milk. I don't know what the problem is, but I will never buy Clover Valley milk products again. Icky.

Cheree Mann Sep 08, 2021

Drinking a glass of milk from Clover Valley, made me ask, "What do these cows eat?" The milk tastes terrible and I love a good tall, cold, glass of milk. I will not buy this brand ever again. It's simply horrible.

• Se
    Seriously27 Jul 15, 2021

Just bought some milk by clover valley. It tasted like tons of crushed up tylenol was mixed into it. An extremely bitter pill flavor!

Marsha without morning coffee Aug 10, 2018

My husband and I would buy 7 to 10 bottles of French vanilla at a time. This creamer was the only creamer we would buy and a lot of our friends and church. Last month I bought 7 bottles and notice the new label and bottle shape. Saying to myself I hope the creamer is still the same. Got home made coffee, stirred in creamer, poured out coffee. Opened my next bottle thinking maybe it's just that one that taste bad. Tried the new bottle same bad taste. Opened another, tried it absolutely horrible. Nothing wrong with changing your look but if the rest isn't broke it didn't need to be fixed. Now we're all in search of another creamer because this was the only one we really liked. Delight and coffee mate didn't compare to what clover valley French vanilla was. I guess we just have to drink it black.

• Je
    JenniferAsMe Feb 22, 2018

Ive never had problems with Clover Valley 2 liter drinks... I like the taste, it has less sugar than regular cokes, and affordable. Now Dollar Generals wont be selling the 2 liters anymore, they are being discontinued. Sad..

• Sc
    Scitso666 Jun 22, 2017

Really I bought a 2.5 liter soda and I happen to drink it all and then I happen to read the label what idiot puts STD on the LABEL for real no matter the meaning all went for I read sexual transmitted disease I feel stupid after drinking abd it made me feel sick and made my stomach turn I advise change label and don't put STD IN IT
    My name is James Harris and my email is
    [email protected]

Comments

• Bh
    bheath Dec 14, 2016

I don't usually purchase food from dollar general; however, I stopped in for a bottle of Pepsi and needed some rolled oats. I didn't see Quaker brand so purchased some by Clover Valley. The smell and the flavor of the cooked oats are bot totally disgusting! How can a company not get rolled oats right? Now I remember why I don't purchase food from Dollar General.

• Kr
    krisphernelia Nov 29, 2016

My family has been buying Clover Valley stuff from Dollar General for years. But every so often we get a 2 liter of cola or their brand of Mountain Dew that tastes and smells like, I honestly don't even know. It smells like oil or an old, dirty dishrag. And it tastes horrible. I honestly do not know what is wrong with this stuff half of the time.

• Ke
    Kelly L. Lane Jan 02, 2016

We had an employee party and someone brought Clover Valley root beer. I decided to give it a try. There was this lingering smell of dust/chemicals and I thought maybe it was the plastic cup I was drinking out of, so I switched to a ceramic cup. The awful smell still remained and I determined it was the root beer and immediately dumped it out. I would use caution if consuming any of their products honestly. What exactly do they put in them anyway?

• Re
    Reviewer47562 Dec 24, 2015

My husband found a small metal rivet in a chuck of cheese we bought at dollar general in delphos ohio

• Re
    Reviewer74058 Nov 23, 2015

I wanted to post a picture of the feather that was found in a can of sauerkraut I purchased at the Dollar General Store in Muncy, Pennsylvania a few weeks ago. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

Comments

• Jl
    Jlinde77 Sep 14, 2015

I purchased a 2 liter of Clover Valley Rootbeer and when my son opened it up he told me that it smelled like dead roaches. I smelled, it and he was right. I set a roach trap in our garage and this is exactly the smell. I thought I'd be brave and taste it. Unfortunately, it tastes like it smells plus a hint of petroleum or some type of chemical. No one in my family was able to stomach it. It was nasty. We were disappointed because we love rootbeer, but this was undrinkable. I don't understand how they can sell it.

• Mr
    Mrs. Steele Sep 08, 2015

I purchased three twelve packs of the clover valley brand soda at our local dollar general. (the store is great by the way, and we shop there often). However the orange soda tasted awful. It tasted very much like mold. And unfortunately it was all of it, not just one can. we were very disappointed. On the can it says happiness guaranteed, but it was disgusting.

Caitlinwilson96 Jun 18, 2015

Walter is correct and right on point about it tasting like gear oil I couldn't quit put my finger on it I was thinking more along the lines of acid but he is right.

Caitlinwilson96 Jun 18, 2015

The new diet cola is hard to even stomach it's like drinking a cleaning product it's just so bad and disucsting! Please fix it...

• Wa
    walter bssa Apr 07, 2015

I just bought a 12 pack of new improved Clover Valley Root Beer 12 oz cans from Dollar General Alll I could say is IT IS NASTY tates like gear oil and believe me I have tasted gear oil before

• Qu
    queennikkilove Apr 03, 2015

Smells awful just like mildew i thought it was the cup i was using so i tried several cups plus i smelled the 2 liter bottle itself and it was the soda i am very upset

• Tr
    Transamlady474 Feb 18, 2015

I love the old clover Valley diet cola ... Clover valley the new improved has an aweful taste

• Ut
    utfilthy Sep 14, 2014

i am a pepsi drinker, have been for years, both diet and regular, but it is getting exspensive so i am currently looking into generic sodas with a pepsi taste. i have read so far that clover valley and kmart brand colas are the closest so im going to try them and check back in
    Rodney from NC

• Sh
    shirleysue Jul 11, 2014

I am very dissapointed in the new and improved taste of clover valley diet cola which i bougt 3 and thru them away it does taste like cola at all bitter and flat please bring back the old recepie and I will gladly buy again sincerly shirley in indiana

Matthew1986 Jun 09, 2014

I have been loyal to Clover valley cola for at least 4 years It is my Cola of Choice so I was alarmed to see at my local Dollar General a new and improved label. I asked the associate if it had been changed or it was just the label I was informed they didnt drink it but all cola tastes the same... ALL COLA TASTES THE SAME IS RIGHT because the unique flavor that was Clover valley cola is now gone it tastes like every other cola ever. No longer superior to Coca Cola the new clover valley is a less than Pepsi product that I am embarrassed to have in my trash. I will say the new label looks nice but PLEASE BRING BACK Clover valley cola with its unique flavor that is so good . I have only drink Clover Valley brand Cola for 4 years and I hate that I can no longer find it in its original and delicious flavor only some generic Pepsi that is not original wearing the proud Clover valley Label like some impostor! I Consider Clover Valley superior to all other colas this is a travesty . Please bring back Clover Valley if you need to have this nasty cola too call the original Clover valley Classic but please I hate going back to coca cola when I found a better cola and now its gone. Sincerely Matthew Indiana

• Is
    isaiahbarnfield Dec 27, 2013

I had a two liter bottle of Clover Valley diet cola a few months ago and it was fine. I got a 12 pack the other day and I can't even finish a can. The date on the can shows that it isn't expired, but this is the worst soda I have ever taken. It literally has the taste and smell of a musty box or a soured dish rag. I am not picky at all about using non-name brand products. Maybe a bad shipment.

• Ki
    Kimwr Sep 29, 2013

Always do lots of shopping at Dollar General. I use the Clover Valley brand a lot. I've noticed the last 2 times I purchased artificial sweetener that the packages weren't completely sealed and the sweetener leaks out. This is not good business

Caroline May Mar 07, 2013

I have bought a Clover Valley Pancake Syrup from Dollar General, and we opened it today and it smelled aweful. My ma says it smells like a bio hazard, and the expiration date doesn't expire till December 2013. I am very displeased at this.

• Ps
    Psudo Jan 05, 2013

I can't speak for the diet flavor, but the cola is awesome from a can when you get it super cold. The soda reminds me of real soda, where you actually taste the cola nut (which you can't really in something like Pepsi). Maybe it was a problem with the 2 litre? I'll try the grape in a few days. When I was in Dollar General they didn't have any of the flavored kinds, it was diet or reg only.

Josie722 Nov 08, 2012

My son bought a 12 pack of the reg. clover valley cola and a 2 liter of the diet.When i opened the 2 liter.It was was the most awful taste.The reg was no better.But the diet was terrible.Should be taken off the shelves.

• Sh
    shaksy Sep 14, 2012

bought a 12 pack of grape clover valley soda, I love grape soda, I love other off brands too! Clover valley tasted like, as my son said, "garage" . The date was fine, but it tasted old, musty-gross :(

Calvert36854 Aug 21, 2012

I have been buying clover valley 2-liters from my local dollar general for years, but this last shipment that was put on the shelves have the MOST MESSED UP TASTE it almost taste like some kind of candy is mixed in with it, and they act like they all have been shook up, and no the taste isn't that of a flat cola.ex date Jan.12 2013

• Kn
    kng19 Jun 11, 2011

Today when I went to Dollar General I bought a thing of Pecan Shortbread Cookies. When I went and ate one it tasted like mold. Any other time I've bought them they tasted phenomenal. I don't think I'll be buying them anymore if they taste like mold.