Dollar General - Conway, South Carolinaso tired of rude clerks!

S

This is a complaint about a Dollar General in Conway, South Carolina:

I am so tired of rude clerks! Can someone relate to this!? I like shopping at Dollar General, the prices are right and I go there often. But I have ruled out one location because of a rude clerk. I have been putting up with this person for a while, just kept thinking she was having a bad day or something. She has never said "hello" when I walk in, never says hello, how are you, did you find everything you need, etc, the usual polite things a clerk is supposed to say to a customer. I have always been polite to everyone, no matter what the situation, even if the other person is being an a__.

Yesterday I went there again, and there she is, having a friendly conversation with the customer in front of me, then when it gets to be my turn, she looks at me, I smile, and she sort of "jumps" like I have cooties or something, and said nothing to me, and I get the usual silent treatment. Then I wrote her a check, and she says (like a mean police officer) "I need to see your license". So, I showed it to her, thinking I was going to get arrested at any moment (I'm sick of that, too, every time I write a check at a store, I get that same treatment).

I don't know why this clerk doesn't like me, I have never been unfriendly to her, on the contrary, I have always tried to be nice! Why do clerks do this to people? I am sick to death of it, and I am tired of being treated rudely.

Look, people, if you don't want to work as a clerk, quit for God's sake, so all those other poor unsuspecting customer like me, don't have to put up with it.

• Updated by C. R. Martin · Nov 01, 2019

There seems to be a constant problem in this Dollar General. The aisles are overcrowded, you cannot get down aisles because of the clutter and items not shelved and being precariously perched. The condition of the store is not safe due to the clutter and items waiting to be placed on shelves.

• Updated by Brezae Kennard · Jul 31, 2019

So customer came to rent a machine mind u sge would not assist me with five people behind him she kept on walking like she saw nothing I'm doing a emotional distress and harassment suit on her thru my lawyer and something will be done about this I'm tired and exhausted over this issue with connie from Rogers dollar general. And I'm going to do all

• Updated by Brezae Kennard · Jul 31, 2019

Doing nothing about it from day one she has been racist and ugly toward retreating me unfairly and unjust and kind and today tool all of me not to walk out she told me I was the only one doing cashieri g knowing today was a busy day and vendors and etc would come she called me stupid and a customer came to rent a carpet cleaner and I had to fill o

• Updated by Brezae Kennard · Jul 31, 2019

Hi my name is Christie Crawford I have been employed with dollar General for a little over two years and it's had had its good and bad times but since gab the district manager has switched me from Cameron to Rogers it has been pure hell with connie I don't care she is the rudest General manager it is im sending these complainnts.because nothing
    Do

• Updated by gatorsgirl · Jun 29, 2019

my name is Ashley watson I asked dollar general many times please order Sprite Zero blue can because I am only person diabetic so I am file complaint so please let me know [protected]

• Updated by leah gonzalez · Feb 06, 2019

They all are very rude! They need to learn customer service if this is the job the have. You need to train your employees before you hire them! Send a secret shopper in that store or something and see for yourselves! They are very rude! Esparto ca store!

James Blevins Mar 09, 2020

A manager just banned a person and told him not ever to come back for no warning and discrimination.

• Mi
    Misty p79 Feb 29, 2020

I went to vandiver doller general to get my son some cold medicine and the worker locked me out 10 minutes till closing. Straight up told me no that she was closing. That's rude and ur not supposed to close before 10 any way

• Ek
    Ekfllelelel Jan 18, 2020

I bought a box of these at the dollar general in hazard ky and my husband opened them and began eating them and said they tasted bad and they stink, smell like a menthol cigarette. I think these need to have a recall before they hurt someone!

• Md
    Mdchilly Jan 11, 2020

When taking the product out of the package the cheese was extremely crumbly as if it were not made right. The taste of it was slightly different but tolerable. There was no way to even salvage a single piece to add to a cheeseburger like we planned. The parts of the cheese we could get unstuck from the paper we used in eggs instead. See pictures

Sarah gelder Dec 25, 2019

Saw an employee smoking pot! Name was savannah and is an employee there! I was very disgusted by this and believe there should be reprocussions! Do stuff like that on your own time! Makes people not want to shop there to pay that employees paycheck! This happened at the Monroe iowa dollar general!

• Da
    DAS26 Dec 15, 2019

I had just went inside the store and as soon as I went around the corner the employee with dreadlocks and glasses looked at me and said, here's the weirdo.

• Dn
    Dnrsilva Dec 09, 2019

I purchased a bag of heartland farms puppy food today, and immediately went home to open the bag to find it moldy and smelling horrible! The bag is still in date, but I am taking it immediately back to the store to exchange it.

• Ba
    Barber kay Nov 30, 2019

This has to be the worse bathroom I have ever been in !! Someone can get sick from going in there. Please make them clean it.

• Ku
    Kulik Nov 26, 2019

Purchesed the donettes 11/19/2019 expire date I guess on bag is 12/5/2019 they hard as a rock took back got another bag problem either bad batch or something needs to be done about your dates of how long they have a shelf life thanks Todd kulik

• Al
    Alford1972 Nov 18, 2019

Mina never say hi when I tell her hello or never says have a great day when you talk to her I say hell hello does not say anything every time I'm in there she is rude

chasity norwood Nov 12, 2019

My car sustained damage from improperly kept parking lot and I am getting the run around at the moment, being hung up on, and even yelled at by store manager, corporate number I was given no one answers or calls back, store manager and regional manager will not cooperate... Currently my insurance is covering but need reimbursement.

• Ci
    Cindyjward Nov 11, 2019

This product was very bad tasting, it had a metal taste to it. I buy alot from $ General on a fixed buget and was very disapointed! The upc code was [protected], it was not expired, 1PD1579A 12;24 best by Nov 22, 2021 please send me coupons for products, thank you. Cindy Ward 217 Trotters lane, Currie, nc 28435 ...

• Cr
    C. R. Martin Nov 09, 2019

• Di
    Diana Upcraft Nov 05, 2019

Today bought a loaf of bread and could not eat. Odor permeated the bread. Not the first time. Marshmellows for toasting were inedible, tasting like the store odor. The store I visited today on East Broadway in Mt. Vernon, IL, had extremely strong odor and my eyes burned. My clothes still reek. Will never be back. Was a frequent shopper.

• Th
    The wrong one Oct 29, 2019

My wife works there and for several days my wife has not had a break and worked over 6 hours this is illegal and yet your stores continue to do it?

• Tw
    Twolums Oct 27, 2019

The spend 20 receive up to 5.01 was added last week in my app. My purchase before tax was 20.25 but I did not receive the option to select the 5 off 5.01 in my app on 10/20/19. I have spoke to 3 different
    customer support personnel with no resolution. Is there a way for me to get this resolved. I have called and my ticket # is [protected].

• Ru
    rufuss,s Oct 26, 2019

becca is backing at the tomahawk wis store she work there before and nothing done . got the items still in boxes you cant get down alley . do you people even read these complains, someone need go in there clean up that store..

• Ru
    rufuss,s Oct 22, 2019

I been going this store a long time. there is nothing getting done. Everything is on shelfs not open boxes. It is terriable in there cant buy anything there is nothing on the shelfs. someone needs go in there clean that store up, you are going start losing busy because is a mess and dirty i wont be going back..

• Sh
    Sherry46 Oct 12, 2019

That store is filthy, boxes blocking isles, couldn't find what I was looking for, store clerk had earbuds in his ears. I'll never return their again. Going to report this to the better business bureau as well. Thanks for your time.

• Su
    Suzanne123$$$ Oct 12, 2019

That store was so dirty omg I can believe the stuff all over the floors the shelves all messed up and none of the employees seemed to care... something really needs to be done about that store..that is the dirtiest store I've ever been in...

• Su
    Sue Krokum Oct 07, 2019

Why do they ask if you want your receipt if they already printed it, they should not ask that, they say to always take your receipt people get scammed now days not taking it.

• Xd
    xdiver Sep 18, 2019

I was overcharged, sign said on sale $5.85, register rang up $6.85. The manager said an employee made a mistake and they would not return my money or give me a credit. Additionally, there was a long line, one register open, 3 blocked isles full of products and the parking lot was trashed.

SA Ingram Sep 15, 2019

The manager publicly outed my 10 year old nephew by accusing him of stealing . She was loud and arrogant and very rude. All she had to do was ask the person he was with to please take him out of the store. The child is autistic and has behavior problems.

• Sb
    SBranham Sep 15, 2019

I love this product for the most part except when I get a jar that is rancid. I am going to have to quit purchasing I am starting to get as many rancid as good. it is costing to much to purchase this product . Please work on resolving the problem I really like the Clover Valley brand when I get a good one

• Di
    Dianna siggers Sep 14, 2019

I picked the bottle up lid came off in hand and splatter in my eyea took employees ten minutes to check on me or know if i want injury form filled out did not offer to call ambulance or flush eyes someone contact me told me the send a check to settle which i never received if i dont hear something about filing a law suit

• Sh
    Shuronda Sep 02, 2019

The saltine crackers was out dated the date on it was May 2019 and it's August 2019

• Pe
    Pello Aug 17, 2019

I give the $20.03 the total was 603 and I put the receiver and everything in my pocket when I went home later that night I was missing $10 from the change it supposed to give me shame on her I'm old she likes to take advantage of the old people shame on her but we upset with her she would have been at $10 I would have give it to her

• Je
    Jeanniej62 Aug 10, 2019

I just bought 2 trumoo chocolate milks and they were spoiled. My kids did drink some before we checked the expiration date. It was 7/31/2019. 4 days ago. This is completely unacceptable

• Br
    Brezae Kennard Aug 06, 2019

And like I said I'm pursuing this to a civil case cause she has done nothing but humiliated me and belittled me in every way and if a company allows this actions should be taken towards them too. I've tried to talk to Gabriel Garcia about this or as we refer to him as Gab and he has done nothing but push the situation under the rug like always and

MalindaJane Aug 05, 2019

I have a digital coupon for $3.00 off 3 Gain dishwashing soap and so I got 3 gain dishwashing soaps and it doesnt say what size they have to be and it didnt take off my digital coupon plus the cashier was kinda rude and i told her 3 times i needed ice and cigarettes and she never would put them on there.

• Gs
    GSherry Jul 24, 2019

I have spent way over $20 on saturdays and i have never received a 5/25 ..why w ant you put them back on the receipts..i shop at dg everyday .i spend alot of time and money there. But havent shopped lately as much bc theu stopped giving me a 5/25 coupon.

Angela1987 Jul 20, 2019

I purchased a bunch of clothes and other things and the lady checked it out without letting me put my number in for the $5 coupon. I asked if she could take everything and redo it with my phone number and she said "there's nothing I can do about it now".

Sanction Aug 08, 2019

@Angela1987 She cant check you out unless you pay. Tell the whole truth.

• Ro
    Ron Spells Jul 17, 2019

I went into your store today and while shopping I recurved a call from someone who claimed to be with your corp.office they wanted me to pay a customer service fee of $75.00 for the repair, I think this is a scam. The cell number that registered on my phone was [protected].

• We
    Weatherly Jul 17, 2019

See above store is dirty, needs cleaning. Floor/tile needs to be replaced. Some of the shelving Is rusted, needs replacing. The check out belt at register has been broke for 2 years, inconvenience to customers. I am surprised the health department has not been contacted as the store sales food.
    The store is an eye sore to the neighborhood!

• Va
    Vanessawilson Jul 14, 2019

It seems the local dollar General has hired a psychopathic abusive narcissist. Actually, he's an attempted murderer who thinks it's fun to torture women. We are all boycotting this store until this employee is removed. Store located at 3401 sw. Topeka Blvd in Topeka ks.

• Ka
    KAlob Johnson Jul 13, 2019

I live in seven points tx. The dollar general has chosen to put all the sail prices associated to the ad on an app in order to get sale prices. Yet the app will never open inside the store so therefore it can never be used just a way to rip the customer ofg

• Pa
    Pam Kemp Jul 08, 2019

I went to the dollar general store in Edwardsville, PA today and will not go back. The store is a total mess. Boxes in the isles. A wet mop leaning against the shelves and no organization whatsoever.

• Ga
    gatorsgirl Jul 06, 2019

• Ga
    gatorsgirl Jul 06, 2019

Sanction Aug 08, 2019

@gatorsgirl Stores don't order new products. They can't. Only additional product. They don't get to decide what they carry, that's corporate. Also the distributor decides. Which would be your local Coca Cola distributor.

• Ba
    Battt Jun 29, 2019

They were showing affection inside the store. I cant believe yall all two females or any couple to be intimate inside ur store in Pearland off north main store manager is missy