Dollar Generalcustomer service

K Jun 29, 2019 Review updated:

Location on 1677 Westchester Dr #162 High Point NC.

Date of incident: 06/29/2019

Me and my mother walked into the store at 8:55pm to get me some much needed allergy medicine and her a few items when we was immediately greeted with (more like yelled at) "you have 3 minutes". Realizing the time and noting it out loud we continued on our way when one of the employees started saying "don't question me" repeatedly. When addressed the employee claimed they weren't talking to us. She then continued to count down the minutes as if we weren't aware of the time now and the other employee began to repeat how she needed to get home to her kid and relieve her babysitter as if we were going to be there for another hour. Me and my mother was out within 2 minutes. We were only able to get the allergy medicine and not the other few items we came for because we were rushed out.

There are correct and incorrect ways to address customers and the way we were addressed was definitely the wrong way. Do not list your store hours as 10:00am to 9:00pm if you don't want a flow of business up until 9:00pm. Rushing customers out of the store is detrimental to the business reputation and customer retention levels.

• Li
    Linda K Smith Jan 15, 2021

I manage the Martinsburg Food Pantry, Martinsburg, PA, and was approved 4/22/2016 for tax-exempt. When this expired, I notified Dollar General I would like to continue being tax-exempt. I didn't receive notification of approval, so I e-mailed information again, and still did not receive approval. I called and was informed because of Covid, things were backed up, and was told to Fax original papers again. I have a confirmation # [protected]. This was done several months ago, and I am still waiting for approval. I think this is unreasonable to have waited since last spring for approval. Will you please give this matter your attention! Linda K. Smith, e-mail [email protected] phone: [protected] Thank you

Mary Babcock Sep 08, 2020

Rude boss tonight. she needs an attitude adjustment. u must have gave her to muc power as this always happens

• Sp
    spolidor Jun 14, 2020

to make it short, an employee should not curse a customer to the point, where that employee told the customer, he'll get his grandmother to beat my [censored] up, and going off using a lot of profanity in front ofmy kids and other people who was there, i had to call the police because i was afraid of him, thinking he was going to fight me taking his shirt off in front me and my kids, i told the police what he says but nothing was done. I don't think it's right for anyone who work anywhere should react like that while dealing with customer, and the supervisor or manager who was on sight was defending him, even though he was cursing in front of him, saying [censored] this job, hes tired of this [censored], that he's tired of the manager letting these people trying him like that. i suggest they hire professional people who actually can handle these situations, he did not handle it well, because when the man was cursing me out in front of the registor he should have ask the man to move from the register. i'm not writing this letter to have nobody loose their job, but to hire people with better attitude and be strict about customer service, because if everyday something like this happen you will loose costumers, i know for a fact that i will never step foot in that store.

• Mu
    MusicGuy Mar 10, 2020

I guessed we lucked out at our local store. They greet you when you walk in, they will ask you if there is anything that you were looking for and the store itself is always clean and organized.
    I guess, if I was going to complain about anything is the aisles need to be marked better. All I see on the signs are, Seasonal...Seasonal...Seasonal. Otherwise I'm happy with our local branch.

• Am
    Amelia Morales Dec 30, 2019

Because of the tornado that hit our local store on March I have been forced to go to the store on Northwest Hwy. which I will no longer be going to because of the rudeness of the worker there. I understand that when you have to restock the items are placed in the walk way and I need to go around the items, but when your yelled at for no reason (DO YOU NOT SEE I'M WORKING ON THIS ROW...), whats the use of going shopping there. I was not in her way and I was going around her work nor did I interfere with her work. I hope that she is not like this to all her customers because you will have less customers at this store. I am one less customer that she will not have to worry about coming to this store location.