Dollar Generalcustomer service

K Jun 29, 2019 Review updated:

Location on 1677 Westchester Dr #162 High Point NC.

Date of incident: 06/29/2019

Me and my mother walked into the store at 8:55pm to get me some much needed allergy medicine and her a few items when we was immediately greeted with (more like yelled at) "you have 3 minutes". Realizing the time and noting it out loud we continued on our way when one of the employees started saying "don't question me" repeatedly. When addressed the employee claimed they weren't talking to us. She then continued to count down the minutes as if we weren't aware of the time now and the other employee began to repeat how she needed to get home to her kid and relieve her babysitter as if we were going to be there for another hour. Me and my mother was out within 2 minutes. We were only able to get the allergy medicine and not the other few items we came for because we were rushed out.

There are correct and incorrect ways to address customers and the way we were addressed was definitely the wrong way. Do not list your store hours as 10:00am to 9:00pm if you don't want a flow of business up until 9:00pm. Rushing customers out of the store is detrimental to the business reputation and customer retention levels.

• Updated by Knon · Jun 29, 2019

Correction:
    Store hours are from 8:00am to 9:00pm.

• Updated by Knon · Jun 30, 2019

As for the closing part, I was addressing what you said not what the employees said. For the rest of your comment refer to my comment on the other post.

• Updated by Knon · Jun 30, 2019

I guess I will post This and be done with the it. Since people can not comprehend what I wrote, the issue was not that I was told the store was about to close. The issue was with how I was told. I never said I wasn’t wrong for going to the store 5 min before closing. I don’t know where that came from. All I said was if you have a business that has listed hours, expect last minute shoppers and know how to deal with them properly.

• Updated by Knon · Jun 30, 2019

Insulting someone does not help you get your point across.

• SubSquirrel Jun 29, 2019

If they stayed later than closing time, then they are written up for keeping the store open longer and collecting overtime. Or they don’t get overtime and work for free.

Next time go earlier so you don’t inconvenience anyone. Or, go the next day to shop. If you needed allergy medicine, drug stores are open until ten or eleven at night. You wanted cheap medicine and didn’t care that the store was closing.

You are selfish and don’t think ahead since you have an allergy but no medicine at home.

• Ra
    RarelyWrong Jun 30, 2019

You WAS wrong!

@RarelyWrong Sure.

Knon Jun 30, 2019

And yet you’re insulting people on a anonymous platform.

Knon Jun 30, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Thanks?

Knon Jun 30, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Making false assumptions about someone is. You can have a proper discussion without that.

• SubSquirrel Jun 30, 2019

The troll is back. It needs attention so posts about hitting its children and parents . Y’all respond and it gets excited.

• SubSquirrel Jul 01, 2019

A troll and a copycat troll. One letter differential is enough to confuse us. Both are immature twits though one is comical.

SubSquirreI

(Yes, I typed my nickname and it looks the same but it isn’t so watch for imposters. I have the furriest tail)

• Am
    Amelia Morales Dec 30, 2019

Because of the tornado that hit our local store on March I have been forced to go to the store on Northwest Hwy. which I will no longer be going to because of the rudeness of the worker there. I understand that when you have to restock the items are placed in the walk way and I need to go around the items, but when your yelled at for no reason (DO YOU NOT SEE I'M WORKING ON THIS ROW...), whats the use of going shopping there. I was not in her way and I was going around her work nor did I interfere with her work. I hope that she is not like this to all her customers because you will have less customers at this store. I am one less customer that she will not have to worry about coming to this store location.

• Mu
    MusicGuy Mar 10, 2020

I guessed we lucked out at our local store. They greet you when you walk in, they will ask you if there is anything that you were looking for and the store itself is always clean and organized.
    I guess, if I was going to complain about anything is the aisles need to be marked better. All I see on the signs are, Seasonal...Seasonal...Seasonal. Otherwise I'm happy with our local branch.