CVSlost prescription and back ordered medication

Had doctor's office fax prescription to CVS at 11:00 am. Got there at 5 pm and they had lost the fax. Called doctor again and they refaxed. I told them I needed that filled, that I would be back and that I was going next door shopping. I return 20 minutes later and they hadn't even taken the fax off the machine and she tells me it will be ready in a 1/2 hour.
Special trip at $3.43 a gallon for 5 miles each way when the original fax went to them at 11 am. Then I asked if they could fill another script - she tells me it has been backordered for a *&^%%$ month. All CVS 's do not have this medication because of backorder.
DO NOT GO TO CVS.