Wendy's / you'll never catch me at a wendy's again!

1 Mint Hill, NC, United States Review updated:

Tonight I decided to run and pick-up Wendy's (Mint Hill North Carolina Store #58) for a late night dinner (9pm) to watch with the game. I ordered at the microphone and as always, I was the only one to say please and thank you, but this is not even the point. I pulled around to the first window and paid the 8.43 bill with my debit card. Which the girl who did not even look at me took to swipe. The guy in the area talking with her must have thought the window was completely closed even though anyone with half a brain could see it wasn't and said, "she's really getting her snack on." and giggled. Now maybe this just comes with age and is probably why when I called to complain to the manager I never even mentioned this, but how can you make a judgment call like that in a drive thru and Wendy's is not cheap. So, make your own call on that one. The second window is where all my trouble(s) started and ended. Now I always make it a point to smile at everyone hoping that it is contagious and in turn will at least make the interaction a little nicer even if I look like a smiling fool. I smile and get nothing but a look of irritation. The large Frosty I have ordered to share with my husband has been over poured and I can see them put the lid on it and let the rest just slide down midway. The girl sees it and if it were not for her getting her own hand in it and our eyes meeting she would have just left it alone but now she must half assed wipe it off, leaving plenty of frosty to cover my hand and congeal in my cars pull out drink carrier. But see this isn't her fault it's mine because I should have known better than to order the Frosty in the first place, knowing that my odds of this taking place were very high. Then the door comes open again two medium bags are thrown out the door at me, a sideways glare imparted and the door goes shut. Now since she said not a word to me I expect that the order has not yet been filled and spend another 15 seconds or so waiting. Until I decide to look and see that my baked potato, 3 bacon jr cheese burgers, and order of (4) chicken nuggets is in fact in the bag. Now at this point I had probably been sitting there an additional 30 seconds for no good reason, sitting there foolishly waiting for, "here's your order ma'ma." at the very least. I was not dressed properly to go in the store and demand to speak with the manager and I am glad I wasn't. I needed time to cool off. But as soon as I got home I did call and spoke with a person who said she was the manager of that store and let me tell you no wonder those kids do as they please. She had absolutely no idea what to say to me. No, sorry, that is not acceptable, this will be worked on, nothing like it. She basically said nothing at all. I was not looking for a coupon either. There are not enough coupons to fix what is wrong with places like this. I told the manager that when I was in high school I worked at Wendy's and we were taught to give direct eye contact, say hello, please, thank you, you're welcome,here's your order, do you need anything else?, have a great day/afternoon/night, drive safe. That if we over poured something we got a new container and either transfered the frosty into that or dumped that into the back of the machine and poured a new product. We could not just throw away inventory like the frosty cups but that could be washed later in hot soapy water and put back next in line. But then again bottom line all of this would mean someone would actually have to work. I must be getting old I am starting to sound like my parents but even they say that my generation was never this bad, not as good as theirs but no where near like this. You'll never catch me at a Wendy's again.

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2008

Wendys At Corner Of Eastway And Central Ave. Charlotte, N.C. Went through Drive-thru and ordered food. Told to pull up and wait for order. After 30-45 seconds, rude employee told me to "Move my mother-[censored]ing car", before anyone had brought me my order.
    Complained online, never received an answer.
    Gave store a second chance 6 months later. Received a dollar off coupon through email, took coupon to store. Was told coupon was invalid, and that "I must have printed dis on some kinda copying mochine", and that it did not look real. Complained online again, never received an answer. I will never eat at any wendys ever again.

3rd of Jan, 2009

How are you dressed properly for driving, but not walking into a store?

Anyhow, I agree with you completely. Being polite is extremely important when you're working with the public. Direct eye contact is a little difficult for me, because I'm shy of people, but I'm always as courteous as possible when taking customer's orders. Anything less is unacceptable.

• Sh
      8th of Apr, 2010

i stopped going to wendy's years ago...the service is the worst ever...at any wendy's...I've been chased out of a parking lot by crazed wendy's employees because they refused to give me lettuce and tomato, called all sorts of derogatory names everytime I went through the pick up window, had been lied to by wendy's workers, about having certain items in stock...and the list goes on-- and these were at different locations...wendys is terrible

• Mu
      5th of Nov, 2010

You pay for what you get. This isn't a five-star restaurant-- it's fast food. Don't act so surprised. If you want better service, then be willing to pay for it.