Walmart.com / logistics from hell!!

United States, Georgia Review updated:
For anyone out there considering making a purchase via Wal-Mart’s website - please take heed! I purchased an Apple iPod from their website on 6/26/2009 and was advised that the arrival date would be between 7/10/09 - 7/14/09. I received an email from Wal-Mart yesterday - 7/12/09 - stating that my "order is cancelled" and that I should receive a refund within "2 to 4 business cycles". When I called the online customer support number to get further information all they could tell me was that my shipment was "lost in transit" and that they didn't have any more info. I asked to speak to a manager and the rep told me that all of them worked in the “same capacity” and that no one could provide me any further info about what happened to my order - not even the supervisor. Now how in the hell, are they supposed to be the ones to handle the online shipments but can't tell you anything about them or provide any assistance?? Next, I called the Wal-Mart Corporate office and all they did was take my contact information and told me that they would have a manager from the Online Support Department to call me - the same nimrods that supposedly couldn't provide any further assistance from my initial call. In short, I basically received the run-around from Wal-Mart associates and the impression that I should just deal with the shortcomings of Wal-Mart’s logistics. I advise everyone to really think twice before placing an online order with Wal-Mart. I found that especially with electronics, Wal-Mart’s prices are very comparable to other stores like Target and Best Buy - who provide shipments within 24-48 hours! I wish badly that I would have chosen to patronize one of them instead of Wal-Mart. I have learned from this incident and I suggest that you do the same!

A  3rd of Jul, 2010 by
It sounds as if Walmart has issues with their shipping. We were to recieve a flat screen tv yesterday, and it did not arrive. Their tracking system is rediculous! According to that, the order was at LAX on the 23rd of June. This is about 300 miles from where I live - and it is now July3. After reading about the lost order, I fear this may be just what we are facing (lost, stolen). My husband is horribly disappointed. Some Father's Day gift this turned out to be.

Walmart Stores Logo Walmart Stores