Hammacher Schlemmer Logo

Hammacher Schlemmer

Having problems with Hammacher Schlemmer?

Hammacher Schlemmer Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hammacher Schlemmer Customer Service. Initial Hammacher Schlemmer complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hammacher Schlemmer above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hammacher Schlemmer. Discuss the issues you have had with Hammacher Schlemmer and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hammacher Schlemmer Complaints & Reviews

Dec 22, 2020

Hammacher Schlemmer — Gasless portable power generator

On November 30 I ordered the Hammacher Portable Power Generator. Today is December 22. It has not been...

Hammacher SchlemmerMetrovac 500 watt vac'n, blow vacuum

This vacuum is very noisy. It blows lots of hot air out the back but has almost no suction power. Its electrical electrical cord is so short that an extension cord is necessary. Han held tools such as the dust brush are not of the quality one would expect for such an expensive hand held vacuum. The filter bags are too small. I will be returning this device.

Hammacher Schlemmer — Poor service

I placed an order online for 2 items & used a coupon code. I immediately received a confirmation email...

Hammacher-Schlemmer — Coupon rejected after order was placed

Placed an order on their Web site for $179.90 on 03/13/2011 using a promotion code for free shipping for any...

Hammacher Schlemmer — Shipping policy

I ordered a .70 pd item on July 11th. I choose the UPS shipping for $11.99. The shipping portion of the...

Hammacher-SchlemmerTerrible customer service

Ordered freshly cut Xmas tree to be delivered 12/7 to 12/13/2009. Shipped 12/9 from NC and provided tracking number. E-mailed 5 separate customer reps and spoke with 3 others. The tracking number was wrong. Customer service told me (1) vendors don't provide tracking numbers; (2) don't know where this came from on our website; (3) despite all it will be there by 12/13 (Sunday) when UPS doesn't deliver on Sunday so call us afte 8pm on Sunday; (4) it is the right number and you should call UPS (I did and they told me the number does not exist); etc., etc. Finally talked to a supervisor on Saturday and she discovered the number was input wrong and the tree would not arrive n time. Rebated shipping charge...smasll consolation for a handicapped child who knew it would be there for tree trimming on Sunday...a totally incompetent customer service department which simply doesn't care. Would NEVER do business with this high end online retailer.

• Ji
        jimthecanuck Mar 30, 2012

Happens in Canada too.
        They didn't say where the product was made in the catalogue advertisement. It was, however, stamped in big red letters on the box the item was in. The quality reflects the 3rd world country where it's made. Never would have ordered if all the information was in the catalogue description. Returned them immediately. Then I paid interest on the purchase price while wating on the refund. That was weeks after I shipped them back. Oh, and did I mention the shipping costs I had to eat to find out the inferior quality of this item? All in all really bad service for Canadians as well. Cost me approximately $50.00 (those pesky shipping & interest charges) to learn to NEVER deal with Hammler Schlemmer again.

• Br
        Bryan12345 Jul 02, 2011

I entirely agree with the complaints about Hammacher Schlemmer customer service. I ordered a beach chair from them in early April. It arrived within a reasonable period, but when I opened the box, it was defective. I sent it back, and they promised to ship a replacement in early June. Early June came, I called, and was told, "Oops, it didn't come in to the warehouse." They gave me a new shipping date of June 30. I called on that day, and they had no idea whether it had arrived in their warehouse or not. They told me to call back the next day. I did, and again, all they could say was that their computer did not show it arriving. I said, "I've waited 90 days now. How about calling over to the warehouse and see if it arrived." They said, "We're not allowed to do that." I said, "Okay, what about going the extra mile since it has been 90 days with two missed shipping dates and find out a good and realistic date that it will arrive. They said, "Nope, we can't do that either." When I asked, "Well what can you do?" Their answer was, "We can give you technical information on the product, but that's it." They did not care whether I got my chair or not, and they had no one in the company they could (or would) refer me to who did care. If I ran my business that way, I would be out of business in about a week.

• Th
        Theresa Doran-Lunny Dec 10, 2010

Like the consumer with the Christmas tree issue I too have been VERY unhappy with Hammacher Schlemmer and would never do business with them again. I ordered a Personalized Jigsaw Puzzle from them, they charged my credit card and I received a notice that it had shipped via UPS a month ago. UPS has no record of the item and the tracking # I was given is invalid. It's been more than 6 weeks since I ordered and still no answers. I have emailed and spoke to customer service to no avail. The best they can tell me is to try to re-order. Because this item was personalized there is a 4-6 week delivery so no Christmas gift. I have been given the runaround at every junction and now foresee a problem getting my money back. I would suggest EXTREME caution to anyone considering ordering from this company.

• Ra
        Rachelle Jul 11, 2010

I Was VERY HAPPY with my experience with Hammacher Schlemmer!

While I realize that there may be some problems from time to time, with every company, I have to say that I WAS VERY PLEASED with my purchase and my experience with Hammacher Schlemmer's customer service. I had ordered 2 Power Failure lights from this company 2 weeks ago, this past Thursday. The next morming (Friday), Hammacher Schlemmer's Customer Service representative called me to clarify how many of these lights I wanted, since it showed 3 order numbers for the same product. I told them that I only wanted 2 of these lights, and I have had a problem in the past, when ordering online from other companies, of having fine hand tremors, that caused extra orders to go through. They were very nice about this, and cancelled the extra orders. I was very appreciative that they called to check, and and to verify the quantity that I wanted before my order was shipped.

I received my Power Failure lights in a timely manner (7 days from my intial order). I am also very pleased with these lights.

I will definitely order from them again!

rpf - West Monroe, LA

• Ms
        Ms. Vickie Hsiau Jan 22, 2010

Dear Mr. Fred H. Berns,

Good day to you! It's a good pleasure to know your esteemed name and comapny through one of our clients!

We would take this nice chance to introduce our company, A.A.A. Beauty Supply Co., Ltd., to you for your consideration. Our company was founded in 1983 by Mr. Box Shih, General Manager. He is a professional technician in the field of Hardware of Taps and Houseware of Bathroom Mirrors & Bedroom Vanity Mirrors for more than 26 years.

The Bathroom Mirrors are our main products. Mr. Shih developed the first Touch and Sensor/ Touch-Free Lighted Mirrors in Taiwan, and has been developing some modern Lighted Mirrors with dimmer light tone. If your esteem has a little time then please visit our website at http://www.mirrors.com.tw to learn more about our company and running lines. Moreover, our company also welcomes OEM & ODM orders.

Looking forward to receiving your valued comment and having a great weekend!

Best Regards,

Vickie Hsiau
        Sales Department

A.A.A. Beauty Supply Co., Ltd.
        No. 773, Chang-Tsao Road, Changhua City,
        Changhua County, 50067 Taiwan, R. O. C.
        Tel: [protected]; Fax: [protected].
        e-mail: [email protected]
        URL: www.mirrors.com.tw

• Fr
        Fred Berns Dec 19, 2009

I am terribly sorry about your experience with Hammacher Schlemmer. We have prided ourselves on 162 years of excellent customer service, and clearly your experience shows a considerable failure. I have been researching your experience and have not yet found a satisfactory explanation. Regardless of what is behind your experience, we failed to deliver the experience you expected and deserve. I appreciate your taking the time to share your experience. While its obviously too late to save your party, know that I will take this to heart and work to prevent this from happening to another customer.

Fred H. Berns
        General Manager
        Hammacher Schlemmer

Hammacher Schlemmer — Real rip off!

I wish to raise the following experience of downright overcharging done in a misleading and (my opinion...