Walmart Prepaid Visa / keep customers' funds unavailable to customer for excessive amount of time

1 Bentonville, AR, United States Review updated:

Keep deposits belonging to customer, made into customer's account, in WalMart's possession and unavailable to customer for up to a week, even when no question about deposit.
Website hasn't been fully functional since at least 1-11, yet they charge a fee for telephone inquiries about account balance.
Are insolent, unhelpful, and obnoxious to the hilt when customer wants explanation about why they would keep a deposit belonging to customer in their possession, and unavailable to customer for up to a week, even though no problem with deposit.(Won't answer questions and after taking 10 minutes to allow customer to talk to someone at all, keep repeating in smug monotone, "I understand your frustration.I know you want to use the funds from the deposit, but we can't make it available to you for up to five business days." "No, there's no problem with the deposit but we can't make it available to you for up to five business days."
Unless you want your own money to be unavailable to you for a long period of time while WalMart lets it sit in their account, don't trust these shysters with even a nickel.

Comments

• Ta
      21st of May, 2011

Trust me walmart is only looking to get your money. even the associates hav to get one for our paychecks. they get paid by the visa corp. by selling thier cards. the longer you have your money on the card and in the account walmart gets paid. and visa in return gets profit whwn you refill your account. its a pyramid sceme.

• Fr
      5th of Nov, 2011

There is one more complaint that needs to be made about this Walmart card. Clearly, someone is working on the inside because there have been a number of people, including my wife, whose card was "hacked." The same day she put up to 700.00 dollars "it simply disappeared!!!" Called customer service and they made us track down the merchants where the card was fraudulanly used. Problem was the information that was give by the customer service people for this card gave "inaccurate information about the merchants where the card was fraudulantly used!" We are still fighting to get reinburst!

Take my advise: "DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!!"