Walmart — wal mart won't cash a money gram
I had a Wal Mart Money Gram mailed to me. It was purchased (with cash) by a friend of mine at Wal Mart in Nashua, NH on 5/4/2011. He, specifically asked if I would be able to cash it at the Wal Mart store in Palmyra, ME and he was assured that I could, indeed, cash it there. I received it on 562011. I tried to cash it at Wal Mart in Palmyra, ME. NO WAY!! They called for a confirmation number and then wrote that number on the back of the money order. Then, they handed me this little printout that said the money order would not be cashed. I had to call a company called Certegy Check Services in Tampa, Fl to get the answer as to why the Money Gram couldn't be cashed. After a lengthy runaround, I asked to speak with a Supervisor. He told me that the Money Gram exceeded the amount they would authorize???? The Money Gram was for $750.00 and he refused to tell me what the limit was. I asked why Wal Mart could sell a Money Gram that exceeded the amout that would be cashed. He said that every situation was different. Another total runaround. He suggested that I find a check cashing place and cash it there. That would have cost me upwards of $100.00. This is quite the scam Wal Mart and Money Gram have going on. Then, they use a third party check processor to isolate them from any liability. Wal Mart has the $750.00 cash - they took it, promising that the Money Gram could be cashed at any Wal Mart and then they sit back and let others do the dirty work. All the while that money sits in the Wal Mart coffers collecting interest. How many times per day does this happen? How much money is floating in their account because they won't released it? Any lawyers lurking on here?? This could probably be a nice Class Action!! Wal Mart and Money Gram have seen the last of my business!!
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare.
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card
- Walmart - Site to store misleading on actual delivery time
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations
- Walmart - falsely arrest
- Walmart - be careful with your spouse at walmart!
- Walmart Auto Dept - tire fell off
- Walmart - stock
- Walmart.com - worst website ever!