Menu
Speedway
reviews & complaints

Speedway
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

477 complaints
22 resolved 455 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Speedway. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
G

Speedway - Salyersville Speedway

The female manager there is so rude. I’ve shopped and got gas there my entire life. Screams at people for not pre paying and everyone considers her attitude to be a problem. I recommend speedway fix their Salyersville Kentucky speedway managers attitude or I will shop elsewhere!

I have heard multiple people have bad experiences with this woman, screaming at customers over pre paying, being straight up rude with people in my family and even friends. I wanted to get a job at speedway, but I have decided against it due to this pathetic behavior on part of this lady. I hope and pray she changes her attitude!

Not sure of her name but she’s the day manager from what I know.

Desired outcome: Attitude change or I’ll tell everyone I know to go get gas and tobacco somewhere else

K
8:32 pm

Speedway - Unauthorized credit card charges

I was at the speedway on Illinios rd in Fort Wayne, IN on 6/1/22 at 7:35pm when I purchased two packs of gum 2 for 3$, mini icee, 20oz coffee, roll of grizzly wintergreen longcut, and a roll of grizzly wintergreen pouches and scanned my speedy rewards card. The total came to about 47$ and i checked my bank account shortly after and seen i was charged 69.57. The cashier that helped me was named Nicole Brooks.

Desired outcome: Refund for overcharge

K
1:46 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I live right down the road from store #3582, I have been going there pretty much every other day for either drinks, snacks or gas for nearly 3 years. I loved the staff and the store was very convenient for me. Lately I've been thinking about not going there anymore and driving farther to a new location. There is a new hire who started probably about 5...

T
10:00 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I work at speedway and the district manager decided to turn off the cameras for me not to be able to view suspicious cars and customers (there’s a password on the system now for the employees to be able to view live security footage that no one knows) and I work night shift on top of that. So that’s really dangerous to do and it’s been like that for weeks. Reason unknown. But it’s extremely dangerous and extremely inappropriate

C
10:35 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm not sure who to reach out to but I did talk with the manager about a new recruit whose name is Paris and works at Speedway Store #6207. She insists on selling a 16 ounce for a 12 ounce price. And she is friends and referred by the new district manager at Speedway Store #6207. She has been hired and on the register for less than a week. 4/5/2022 around 2:00 pm was date of purchase.

B
8:11 am

Speedway - Poor service

This place is absolutely ridiculous, is this one of those sticker shops because it smells like marijuana in there every time I go i there. Either your staff is smoking marijuana and doesn’t care or the management doesn’t care. It’s absolutely disgusting and I will not be going in there anymore unless this problem is resolved. Horseheads, NY don’t go there. It’s horrible.

R
6:47 am

Speedway - The management at speedway

You need to train your management staff better, this place is horrible, the management is rude, unprofessional and doesn’t seem to know what he is doing. The store is not very clean and the restrooms were horrible with toilet appear everywhere, it was disgusting. The cooler didn’t seem to stocked or have anything worth buying. I’m not sure of the store number but the store is located on grand central ave in horseheads, NY. I will not be going here again.

Desired outcome: Get better management

T
10:08 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

1103 morise road. Don’t expect to get any servise or to be treated with any kind of basic human decency. And by the self proclaimed manager no less. After I was told to, “get mad cracker, don't care”. I asked to speak to the manager and she then replied “ I am the manager”. Of course she would be because that’s how managers talk to customers. So dont go in...

M
1:19 pm

Speedway - Management

Hello my name is Carrie Smith I have been going to the speedway in Roseboro NC for quiet sometime now. Few days ago I went to speedway like I normal do am not for sure if the manager Melissa was having a bad or what was going on but either way it was uncalled for her attitude. Every time I go into speedway she act if she doesn't wanna be there or she hate her job. She need to respect all her customers like they respect her you can't talk to a person any kind of way an expect them to keep spending they money inside the business. I don't need no apology I have took my business elsewhere even though the rest of your employees have great attitudes and they smile. The lady sandy is amazing an I love her she makes my family feel welcome and the girl Tiara greets me every time I go in there and the other manager shy she is amazing as well … the tall white girl she amazing as well…. Just appreciate your employees that wanna work and give us customers what we need .

Desired outcome: Took my business elsewhere

12:53 pm

Speedway - Service

Went into Store #0007690-Westlake, Ohio 44145 to pay for gas and dealt
with a Gia. Horrible customer service! Was not greeted, very rude tone and did not say thank you, have a nice day, NOTHING! The floor in the store was covered with mud and lots and lots and lots of water. I almost slipped and fell. The customer service in this store is getting worse and worse every time I go in there. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IMMEDIATELY!

Desired outcome: GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Update by Diane Schilens
Jan 24, 2022 12:54 pm

Get this corrected!

3:59 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Store #7690 Went in to purchase food items and guy cashier was extremely rude in tone to me. When asking if the nice cashier was open, he stated very rudely she was doing a money drop. Did not even say have a nice nor did he greet me. Very Very Very rude and I go in there alot and puchase alot of gas and food items. I work in customer service myself and I...

12:10 pm

Speedway - Harassment

The store 6890 samdiro tucson az.
I have witnessed multiple times a lady name Rachel harassing an older black gentleman that works 3rd shift in front of may customers.. This gentleman has always shown us respect and greets all customers. She arrives with a snarl on her face and speaks very rude to just this one individual . I don't believe this community needs this type of behavior. It needs to stop the word has enough race issues going on.

Desired outcome: Respectful to all

A
9:59 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

How are you doing, I'm ok, but earlier today I was very displeased and disappointed in the speedway service I got from your employee. She gave very bad service this morning, also rude and even seemed annoyed and was very slow at getting what she needed to get done. She didn't want to take the money from me and was just taking way too long to handle...

View 0 more photos
11:10 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I worked for speedway on Rock lake in South Charleston W. V for about a month and during this time the assistant manager Tori has yelled at me, berated me in front of customers, lied about company policy, embarrassed me in front if customers and I was terminated. I found out she told customers I was fired and the reason for my termination and became that I...

11:24 am

Speedway - Cashier's unprofessional and hateful attitude and manager's lack of care of the complaint

Customer and wife were being friendly and trying to brighten cashier's day and put a smile on her face but she was very hateful and rude. When asked about smiling and enjoying her day cashier's told customer "no I don't have to smile and I definitely don't have to smile to you." While they were complaining to manager she wanted to make excuses and brush them off. Cashier then proceeded to handle my transaction and was yanking drinks out of my hand before I could sit them down and when handing me my bag she snatched it up angrily and swong it around the plexiglass rudely.

3 comments
Sep 03, 2021 9:27 pm

Seems to happen alot in speedway's around the states. I travel and it is never ending at these station's it seems. Doesn't do anything to report it they just look at it as something normal and will happen oh well! Tell us what we want to hear while not discipline the employees. They will comment something probably deny this but know it's true!

Sep 03, 2021 9:40 pm
Replying to comment of Dawn39

I just left a speedway with my 2 small children. They both got a slushy icee you get it. We went up to pay and a girl ask me all the way from the machine if I want a Drink that had been sitting there. I said no then she said there is a trash can right here ! I replied excuse me why would you say that to us! Because we have the same kind of cup and drinks it is ours? You feel that this is s appropriate ? I ask her name she gave it rudely . The cashier then told me take the drinks . I was confused about it I said what about my other stuff he said no . I said what do you mean? He said nothing and was mad. I said are you refusing to serve me he said yes. I ask his name he gave it and to be sure because I didn't hear it clear I ask again. He said I already told you and the girl said I did too. Like they did not care to give it . Explains why they didn't because told me good luck when I do call . It's redicouls so many people need a job. These people should be gone period. You must hold your tongue and be professional not make a Jerry Springer show! When I was growing up you don't do that your gonna be fired no questions asked. Not now because of lawsuits and unemployment scares. Well we can sue to for embarrassment and our children scared for a freaking drink . You think we complain to just enjoy it ? Your employees say something you believe them by right? I'm over it really! I'm going to figure something out I'm not going to be disrespected or my children and them feel they have to take it !

Sep 03, 2021 9:44 pm
Replying to comment of Dawn39

Intentional emotional distress is a lawsuit for the speedway on Thompson road and Arlington avenue Indianapolis, Indiana 46173.

R
6:26 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

These are a couple of first-hand experiences of using the relatively new Speedway gas station in New Alexandria, PA. None of my feedback involves interaction with employees or inside the store. I simply wish to fill my tank and be on my way. 1) I have refueled at the station at least half a dozen times. Of HALF of those—after refueling completed—the pump...

A
12:21 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ON JULY 18th OF 2021 at one of the Speedway Stores in NC, At 1031 Randolph St. The Manager of that Store by the name of... (Carmen Ines Long) Physically Assaulted My Tiny Daughter who is way!!! smaller plus has a Muscle Disability and is really weak in her muscles and has a bad ear on the side of her face where she slapped her across her head, and plu...

M
8:42 pm

Speedway - Management kissing fellow employee

I was recently on vacation in the obx and stopped at the columbia nc location for gas and drinks for my daughters, when I saw 2 female speedway employees kissing on side of the building. I asked the other umployees who they were and they told me it was the manager who looks like a 40 something yr old women kissing a 20 something yr old young women. I have no problem with gay community except when my 9 yr old kids start asking me questions why 2 women are kissing. I find it disturbing that it was at a place of business. I will not be stopping there any more.

Desired outcome: Hopefully Discipline action

J

Speedway - Cashier

Approximately at 1120 pm I went into speedway asked for a few wraps, have my license and my son happen to walk in I asked him if he wanted a drink or anything and the cashier was looking in my wallet telling me he needs my sons id... I said I ain't buying for him I came in for myself and I gave you my id! Is there a reason a mother can not hold onto their child's permit so he doesn't lose it? So I was refused the sale and that was bullseye! He should have not been staring in my wallet! Totally offend & violated and I will never be back!

8:07 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The customer service representative Jacob had written a fake message on my account and had called me "hun" on several occasions. I do not know this person and felt uncomfortable with them treating me in this manor. I think that hun would be for my husband or someone I am close to. He told me that he was going to write in a message on my account Incase I had...

Speedway contacts