Walmart / buyer beware
For Christmas, I wanted to give my kids (all in their late teens and early twenties) some extra spending money. I thought it would be nice if it wasn't just cash so that they could wait and use it when they wanted to buy something they wanted.
I heard about the WalMart 'Smart Money' prepaid VISA card. VISA should be horrified. They charged me a fee of about $8 per card to load the card. Then when my kids went to use the card they found out about all of the other fees.
Fee to check balance, fee to reload the card (its not enough that they get to use your money - they want a ridiculous fee of another $8+ to reload it).
If you don't use it all in one month, they charge another fee about $4.
This is an excuse to steal and steal from those who can least afford it.
Another example of a once good company turned not just bad but in my opinion, what they are doing with this card is robbery and evil.
By the way, you don't find out about the fees until you have purchased the card - they aren't disclosed up front.
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations 
- Walmart Stores - cashier
- Walmart - 1000 walmart gift card
- Walmart Stores - curb pick up, employee and manager.
- Walmart Stores - honor advertised prices
- Walmart Stores - gingerbread train kit