Walmart / buyer beware

For Christmas, I wanted to give my kids (all in their late teens and early twenties) some extra spending money. I thought it would be nice if it wasn't just cash so that they could wait and use it when they wanted to buy something they wanted.

I heard about the WalMart 'Smart Money' prepaid VISA card. VISA should be horrified. They charged me a fee of about $8 per card to load the card. Then when my kids went to use the card they found out about all of the other fees.

Fee to check balance, fee to reload the card (its not enough that they get to use your money - they want a ridiculous fee of another $8+ to reload it).

If you don't use it all in one month, they charge another fee about $4.

This is an excuse to steal and steal from those who can least afford it.

Another example of a once good company turned not just bad but in my opinion, what they are doing with this card is robbery and evil.

By the way, you don't find out about the fees until you have purchased the card - they aren't disclosed up front.

N  12th of Mar, 2010 by
We purchased a Vizio TV from Walmart for 178.00
We went home and got everything set up to the point where we turned it on.
The TV did not turn on!!!

Customer Service was closed by the time we had put everything back into the box to take back.
So we waited first thing in the morning. We went back to Walmart Customer Service and they told
us that the TV's serial number and the serial number on the Box did not match. We were confused
and had no clue what was really going on we just wanted to return the TV and get a working one.

The manager in electronics told the girl in Customer Service that there was NOTHING they could do about it! That manager didn't even wanna come up front to tell us herself. Location: Salt Lake City, UT @ the 1300 south Walmart. Electronics Manager!!! They didn't even wanna give us our money back or even trade for a WORKING TV! Stupid!

My question is...how do boxes get packed with the wrong product and get sold like that?
Or if it was returned prior to our purchase how did it get back into Walmart with out Customer Service seeing that?

Why would Walmart wanna rip people off like that, I loved shopping at Walmart, but after that incident,
NO MORE!!! I would rather pay more and get what I paid for than pay less and get ripped OFF!

Walmart should be ashamed, especially the Managers.

Walmart Stores Logo Walmart Stores