The Brick / bicast leather sold as &genuine leather&
I purchased what was represented by The Brick (Canada) as a leather sectional set (ZENNAH2PK). I was looking for good quality leather sofa set. The sofa set was on The Brick's website with the following description, "The genuine leather upholstery is soft and supple, easy to clean and specially treated to resist splitting and staining". This could not be further from the truth. After getting two rips within a week so I called Leather Genie to come to my home to repair the set. I was informed that the set was "BICAST" leather and the service technician explained that the bicast is a leather by-product and does not have the same wear and durability of real leather. The leather was very easy to rip as demonstrated by the technician. The technician was able to rip it like it was plastic. I called The Brick after the repair to hopefully get a refund or store credit to buy an alternate sofa set. The store manager, "Ms Grant", told me that the sales person was suppose to inform me that the sofa set was bicast since they were trained to do so. Since the sales person was no longer with the store the Manager concluded that the sales person did her job and I was aware that the set was bicast so she refused to help me. I was never informed that the set was bicast since I would not have purchased the set. The new description for this set now excludes the "genuine leather" text and it clearly is advertised as “bicast”. Since my plea to Ms Grant my sofa now has another rip. So the original ad for the sofa now has two faults 1) genuine leather and 2) resist splitting. After paying $150 to repair the first rip, I don't see that it is reasonable to have the set repaired again. I am going to investigate taking The Brick to small claims court to settle the matter since my sofa set is now pretty much trash and embarrassing to have in my living room.
Very unhappy The Brick customer
More The Brick Complaints & Reviews
- The Brick / Brada Machine - broken washer 
- The Brick-Oakdale Sectional Couch - factory defect 
- The Brick - delivery/product/personnel - one big problem! 
- The Brick Transglobal Service And Lg Products - poor service not honoring warranty 
- The Brick - crappy quality furniture 
- The Brick - Warranty department
- The Brick - Damages to my furniture purchased at thebrick Sudbury, Ontario
- The Brick - Tripped and fell on rubber mats for winter that were improperly display
- The Brick - Liar!!!!!!!!!
- The Brick - refund twin bed