Having problems with Houzz?

Houzz reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 26, 2014. The latest review Customer Service was posted on Feb 26, 2021. The latest complaint Contracted with beautiful spaces llc for the purchase and installation of cabinetry was resolved on Jun 15, 2019. Houzz has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 85 reviews. Houzz has resolved 2 complaints.

Houzz Customer Service Contacts

285 Hamilton Ave., 4th Floor
Palo Alto, California

Houzz Complaints & Reviews

HouzzCustomer Service

My Identity Theft Company says that Houzz has my personal information out on the Dark Web. I called their customer service because I could not find any information on their web site about how to remove the personal information. The woman that answered the phone was rude and refused to allow me to explain what I needed. My husband got on the phone and he tried to explain our problem. Again she was rude and refused to let us explain to her our problem. She hung up on us. It is obvious that she is not properly trained to handle all calls that she might receive.

HouzzHammock stand

I purchased a hammock stand on 7/3/2020 and it rusted out in 3 months. I called they took 2 months to reply, so when I called them back they said the manufacturer bliss hammocks does not warranty against rust. I complained on twitter so they blocked me, when they called me their customer service dept called me a [censored] and asked me if an alligator bit the hammock stand. When I asked to escalate he put his wife on the phone since I know they are not working in an office. A manager called me back and when I told him he said that he will find out who called me. He called back and said they could not find it in the logs but they will not stand behind their hammock stand.

Hammock stand
    Hammock stand

HouzzHouzz Pro

Requested to cancel Houzz Pro once out of original 12 month contract as had approximately 5 leads in 12 months. None of which were income generating. Still not cancelled and still taking payment 5 months later. Very little response from accounts manager and still no resolution.
      Unacceptable service for an outlay of £275.00 per month which is supposed to generate multiple leads per month.

Houzz30 inch faux elk horns

I purchased 34 inch Elk Home faux antlers totaling $160. I decided that these items did not fit my room and need to return them. My return was approved and I then took to FedEx to ship back. My return shipping cost was a whopping $70. So essentially I lost half my purchase. No where is this stated clearly on Houzz website. I would have never purchased these if I thought for one minute I'd lose that much money to return! Terrible business practice from this particular vendor. The least this vendor could do is send a damn shipping label for an item of that price!

HouzzRug

I bought a bound wave pile rug for $471, I got a two tone berber contractor grade bound rug worth $200, to return it would cost $217, to replace from amazon, $338. Love new rug... stuck with rug i dont need, I can't even sell to get money back, cause its not worth anything new. Maybe $100 . will cut up and use in our cabin, I am sick to my stomach. Nothing in my life has been this hard. I have tried to call, sent emails, nothing but a promise of a $30 gift card. keep it

HouzzAn order of an artificial tree

I ordered the tree on May 8, 2020. When I received it, there was a notice that in the state of California (where I live) the contents of the article were deemed to have carcinogenic ingredients. I refused the package and called (without any answer) several times and wrote the company saying I was sending it back.

I sent it back within the time frame listed on "returns" on their website, but I have received no notice nor any credit on my VISA card. ($65.42)

This company has a plethora of ways to contact them but none seem to have
            anyone answering their phones, mail, emails, etc.

Candyce Griswold
            708 Serrano Ct.
            Chico, CA 95928 [protected]@hotmail.com

• Updated by Candyce Griswold · Jun 26, 2020

I have tried every phone #, every website and any avenue to contact this company about a return--actually, I refused to package because on it was a warning that the contents are deemed by the state of California
                (where I live and want to use the item) to be carcinogenic.

I sent it back through the company that sent it (FED EX) and have heard NOTHING from Houzz or received any credit for the return. With no possible way to contact them, it appears to be an example of poor and
                possibly illegal business practices.

• Mr
                Mr. Helpful Jun 28, 2020

Hi Ms. Griswold.

Hopefully I can be of help.

Before returning said item you must obtain an R.A. (return authorization) number from the customer service department. This is so the product can be tracked and processed correctly when the merchandise is received back. Can you provide the R.A. number for your return?

HouzzPoor return for advertising investment

We advertised with Houzz for four years. I waited too long to ask our staff if they could tell me how well Houzz had worked for us. When I inquired on the number of sales they could connect to Houzz the answer was ZERO. I couldn't believe it, they had evidence of our website sales and even the phone book, but nothing on Houzz. Trying to make contact with anyone who could do a cancellation was time consuming and frustrating. In the end I had to pay $600 to get out of their auto renewing contract. Don't wast your time or ad. money on this outfit. My next stop is notifying the Better Business Bureau.

HouzzDisconnect

I am being extorted by your company. I want to communicate with a actual employee of Houzz to resolve our relationship once and for all.

Had an advertising agreement with Houzz. Tried to cancel. Houzz required completetion of the obligation. I complied with the final $99.00 payment.

I just received a call from some collection company who threatend me for some substaintial additional funds.

Obvioulsy, Houzz as a company sucks, and my expectations are very low. Regardless, I still want to hear from someone with authority, standing, or responsibility as soon as possible. My direct number is [protected].

HouzzColonial candle

On april 25, 2020, I ordered a box of colonial candles, evergreen color.
                  When they arrived, I found that houzz sent me red candles. I cannot get them to solve the problem. They are unresponsive to my requests to advise me if I should return the candles, which I will have to pay the shipping, and send me the candles that I ordered. When one tries to contact them, they put someone
                  On the help line who cannot answer your questions.

HouzzHouzz pro+ is a financial scam!!!

DO NOT BE FOOLED! Houzz Pro is a scam! They're happy to take your money for NO return on investment - it's a bogus service, but as soon as you request to end the subscription before the term they drop off the face of the earth! I've not had a single email reply to all my requests to cancel when my term comes to an end, so I ended up contacting my bank to stop all future payments after my last annual payment. If you're in the same position, do the same. Cancel with your bank (Note that it's always a repeat card payment not a Direct Debit or Standing Order and your bank simply need to cancel the payment) and report them to the financial ombudsman too!

• Ly
                        lydiaclarkbetts Nov 09, 2020

I joined Houzz Pro two months ago and have been experiencing technical issues and lack of customer support. I am heavily pregnant and have been trying to get my business off the ground during COVID however after a few months into my membership at a reduced rate I am now on maternity leave I have requested my membership be paused or reduced whilst the business is inactive however I am having little response or lack of support from customer service. There is no main number for Houzz in the UK, no customer care which I find appalling for a large business. I can't afford to continue £200 per month payments during maternity and will not be able to follow up leads and operate 100% on the business. I am not sure of my rights when canceling a contract with Houzz but the service has not been what I expected.

May 09, 2020

Houzz — Can not contact houzz. There customer service is no more than smoke & mirrors.

When I was charged the wrong amount for a table, I was unable to contact Houzz about it. By the time I...

HouzzHouzz prospective client scam

I received a text from a prospect client (not sure how they even got my cell phone number) about a staging job. I emailed the client to discuss it further and the level of detail should havealarmed me right away but being excited to have a client ready to move forward asap i overlooked it. There were multip emails back and forth and they even signed a contract. The literature was very off so it prompted me to do further investigating which led me to see mutliple people had experienced the same exact scam! This took place July 19th, 2019 and read below:
                      Hello,

I really appreciate your response and I'm glad to read from you. I'm Cathy Dupre, I'm married and I have a 6 months old son, Michael. I am a Graphic Artist, I work independently. I get hired by advertisement agencies, printers, etc It's a good job. My husband, Nathan, is a Software Developer and System Engineer, we are moving back to the States from Hammersmith, West London W6 8JF, because he just secured a contract and he's to resume first week in September, 2019.

We have ordered furniture and some home appliances, so all we need you to do is to make use of our supplies for the project to stage(furniture and electronics layout, artwork placement, kitchen wares placements etc) once the orders are delivered. I can send you images of the ordered items and house description along with the floor plan.

The paintings have been done so you don't need to worry about that. Where is your location or city? I would like to know how much you are willing to charge for your services and if you accept Certified Check for payment. I would appreciate it if you can get back to us soonest because we really want things sorted before our arrival, our arrival date is Monday, August 26th, 2019.

I look forward to your response soonest.
                      Cathy Dupre.

I hope nobody else experiences this because this is very upsetting! Houzz should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen!

HouzzCustomer service is severely lacking

As I am remodeling my bathroom I decided to give Houzz company a try to supply some of the items. As there are three order numbers totaling approximately $598.00. An hour later I did call back to attempt to add my $50.00 coupon from them, as a first time buyer. When the representative did get on the line and I explained the situation, She put me on hold for over 20 minutes and there was a dial tone, wondering if she did hang up on me? I thought maybe that was an error, so I did call back and heard your music for 15 minutes so I decided to email to support @ Houzz. (3 times) That was June 15 and today is June 22, I have not heard from anybody. The last of the packages arrived yesterday, two sinks with brushed nickel drains. One of the sinks did not have a drain in the box. Again, I called on Saturday, June 22, starting at 10 AM, sporadically until 1PM. I could not get through at all. It seems that customer service is afraid to answer the phone. Why? So they can actually help people? I also tried using the chat person on the website but not all the fields of the chat box could not be completed because they were not visible on the screen (it would not scroll down to complete all fields, so there was no going any further with that!) Iʼve resorted to writing a letter to the people who could actually make a difference In how your company operates.(corporate offices ).Iʼm sure that I am not the only one who is having issues with customer service since they refuse to answer the phone! I have a plumber coming this week to install that sink with no drain which will incur another charge for another service visit, if and when I actually do receive the part for the sink. I had high hopes for Houzz company as an ongoing supplier for home improvement items. Easily, Amazon has them beat in the customer service department (as well as Overstock and Wayfair.) My small issue may be insignificant relative to Houzz company on the whole, but add twenty, forty or eighty customers with an issue, now you have a Problem.

Jun 15, 2019

Houzz — Contracted with beautiful spaces llc for the purchase and installation of cabinetry

Beautiful Spaces LLC of Charleston SC is not a licensed contractor in the state of South Carolina and is not...

May 31, 2019

Houzz — houzz pro

I was a Houzz Pro customer for four years. I cancelled last August. I set up the account, paid for it. I wa...

East Patchogue
                          May 31, 2019

Houzz — auto renewing contract

I am another firm had a bad experience with Houzz pro-:-( Before signing the contract they were calling every...

Houzzchanged price

I wanted to order some counter stools from Houzz. They said there would be a delay as they had to contact the vendor and create a post for me to purchase the items.
                          At the time of my initial contact they quoted me a price.
                          I then waited a few days so they could create the order.
                          A couple of days later the woman from Houzz called and I gave her my credit card info and it was only when I asked her to verify the total, that she admitted the price had increased by $119 x 2 for a total of $238 more . So, when was she going to tell me this??? I was shocked and questioned why the increase.
                          She blamed the vendor and when I asked if I could at least apply the Groupon code of $100 for new Houzz customers, she said she didn't think it would be a valid code. I told her that, according to the Groupon site, 39 people had successfully used it that day. So, she reluctantly said she'd try. Mind you I had added additional items to my cart so I was spending well over $1, 000.
                          She then reported that the code had expired in Nov. 2018.
                          Not true, if you believe Groupon (which I use a lot and have no reason to doubt).
                          The best she could do was to use a $50 code.
                          I didn't believe her . So, I asked to speak w/ a supervisor but she said she would. She returned to the call to report that the supervisor (whom I never got to speak with...a bad sign when the supervisor won't speak with a customer) said there was nothing that could be done.
                          So I told the sales rep.not to put the order through and I would take my business elsewhere.

All I can say is that if a company does this sort of thing, even before a sale, I shudder to think what their after sales support is like.
                          Oh, I think I know... there would be none.
                          Needless to say, I will not be purchasing a single thing from them...ever.

Houzzbeware of the scam targeting designers

I got a text one day, see image below. Besides the "Mrs. Jane" part, it seemed legit. I replied, and got this email today. Totally fishy. I saw another post about the same issue. Y'all be warned.

Good day,

My name is Mrs Khole Jane, I'm married and I have a 7 months baby call Sara. My husband is the most wonderful thing that has happened to me and I will always say that. He is a Software Developer and System Engineer to a company, we are moving back to the State from London, UK because he just secured a better job.

House description: 3 br, 2 bath with custom woodwork throughout. Parking space, Luxurious master suite, open-concept chef's kitchen with granite counters, SS appliances, skylight, custom cabinets. We will also send a floor plan and pictures when available for your review.

We have ordered for the furnitures and home appliances, so all we need you to do is to make use of our supplies to do the interior decorating (furniture and electronics layout, artwork placement, kitchen utensils placements etc). We plan moving in Last week of June or earlier. Kindly let me know your free time/chosen date between now and then so we can fix everything and our orders can be deliver at the house before then too.

Below are the items my husband ordered, I'll see if I can get the rest to you but these are the major ones:

Rug for living room 5' by 6' in size - 1
                            sofa
                            Clock
                            Cooking in the kitchen
                            3 Piece Coffee Table Set - 1
                            Chairs and Ottoman Set - 1
                            5 Piece Dining Set - 1
                            Curtains
                            TV, including something to put it on such as a TV stand
                            Handing on wall photo frames
                            Mattress
                            Bedside table
                            Bed sheets
                            Pillows
                            Alarm clock
                            Shower Curtain, bath towels, hand towels
                            Fire extinguisher
                            Belmont Twelve Light Chandelier to replace formal one.

If I may ask, in Which area or city do you live in?

There would be handyman/installer to help you. Agent/Realtor should also be there delivery date to accept furnitures. The paintings have been done so you don't need to worry about that and I would like to know how much you are willing to charge for your services atleast 2 days and if you accept Check for payment. I would appreciate it if you can get back to us soonest because we really want things sorted before our arrival.

I look forward to your response soonest.

Thank you.

beware of the scam targeting designers

Houzzdefective bubbled paint rusted in less than 1 year

I ordered a pair of Flash Furniture 24'' High Metal Counter Height Stools through Houzz. The items arrived with bubbled paint on both seats. Less than 1 year later, the paint has chipped off both stools where the bubbled paint was and they are now rusted and unusable. Flash Furniture said they do not file warranty claims for end users and that Houzz would be glad to help. Houzz was not glad or even willing to help with these rusted defective items. Terrible order experience and useless customer service.

defective bubbled paint rusted in less than 1 year
                              defective bubbled paint rusted in less than 1 year

Houzz — wilderness outdoor furniture and flooring fort myers, florida

We hired Mark Hernandez and Savanna Reid, under the business name of Wilderness Outdoor Furniture and Floor...