1960 Cyrville Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1B 1A5, CA
Fri:9:30 am - 9:30 pm
Sat:9:00 am - 9:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

The BrickEden queen storage bed

I purchased an Eden Queen Storage Bed (SKU: EDENCQBD) in May 2021 but on September 24, 2021, the chaise detached from the bed during a routine shift of the bed as part of its normal use. My warranty claim was rejected by The Brick at 1960 Cyrville Rd in Ottawa, ON due to the technician stating that the mattress was too heavy for the bed and therefore placing the blame on the consumer. After reviewing the product page information, it is noted that the weight limit of the bed is 600lbs with durable construction and so it was our understanding that it would withstand movement from daily use.

When attempting to resolve the matter with the Manager of the Customer Care department at that location, I was met with indifference, rudeness, avoidance, and a complete disrespect of my partner and I. She did not attempt to explain the issue in a manner that would help us resolve anything and proceeded to insert her personal anecdotes to justify her actions. We are extremely disappointed in both the customer service at this location and the treatment we received after being sold a defective product.

RESOLVED

1 Response
    • Th
      The Brick Customer Experience Oct 28, 2021

Hello Madushi, This is certainly not the experience we want valued clients like you having and would like to offer our apologies.We would be interested in looking into this further. Please email all your details to [email protected] We hope we can be of assistance going forward!

The BrickPower recliner broke, unacceptable response

I bought an as-is floor model power recliner in September. By October, it got stuck in the full recline position in my living room. Tech guy came, said he needed to order 3 separate parts, 1 being the power pack because it was the wrong one! So someone at The Brick put that on, NOT the manufacturer. To boot, all the parts can take up to 3 months to get here. While my chair sits stretched out in my living room. I have talked with the store multiple times and basically they are saying the only recourse is to wait 72 days and if no parts come in, they will refund my money. No loaner chair, nothing. I have offered more than 1 solution to them that I'd be happy with, but nope. This is terrible customer service, ESPECIALLY when the whole problem was caused by someone at The Brick. I would not have bought it had I known that The Brick had substituted the wrong damn part.

Power recliner broke, unacceptable response

RESOLVED

1 Response
      • Th
        The Brick Customer Experience Oct 19, 2021

Hello Nick,
        We are sincerely sorry for the negative experience you had with us and would be interested in looking into this further. Please email all your details to [email protected] We hope we can be of assistance going forward!

The BrickUnethical behavior

Hi,

I am writing in regards to an order I placed with the Brick 1 month ago under phone number [protected]. It was initially scheduled for November 30th. No one called me to confirm so I decided to call on the 29th. They told me my order had been put on hold as it was not paid. I signed up for accord desjardins and already have my first payment tomorrow December 4th! I purchased a washer dryer combo on black Friday and apparently this got added to my order and froze the entire order. After half an hour on the phone with the manager I confirmed a delivery date of December 5th and asked her at least three times if this was certain. She (Hanadi was her name) was not only rude but didn't care that this had happened. Well - I just received a call from the brick saying my delivery will now be December 7th! I have never dealt with such confused people in my entire life! I'm not sure who hired the staff at this location but it sure was not based on skills! I refuse to issue my first payment for the appliances which is due tomorrow - since I don't even have the appliances!!! On top of that when I went back to the store to do a price match the girl didn't even know how to do it and asked me if she could just do it after my appliances were delivered! This is completely unfair to have this kind of service in this day and age.

This is disappointing and I am never going to purchase anything from the Brick ever again.

Hoping you can help!!
      Sofie

The BrickProducts defective

We bought a sectional and a recliner from the brick on Cyrville rd in Ottawa in April 2014. We received the recliner on May 23, 2015. On June 22, 2015 a technician came by and took photos of the sectional as the material on the armrest was fraying. We also noted other sections of the sectional was fraying and wrong pattern on one of the cushion.We were told the parts were ordered by transglobe and it would take about 4 weeks. On Aug 10 and Aug 19, 2015 we called to say that more of the sectional was fraying as well as the lazyboy. The technician came by again on Aug 25 to inspect and take more pictures. We were then told again that it would take about 4 weeks.Finally on Sept 4, 2015 we were very upset that nothing had been done and that the material on the sectional and chair was getting worse. Everytime we call transglobe we kept getting the run around telling us the parts were not in yet. We waited getting more and more frustrated. In November we call transglobe again and were told by "Cherrie" that we would get a certificate of replacement for the recliner and we would get it in approxiametely 3 days. Weeks passed, no new news or certificate. On December 3rd another technician came by to take more pictures as the sectional was getting more frayed. On December 16 we called back and told them that we were very upset and demanded a replacement sectional and recliner. We were told by "Darryl" this time that this was in the hands of the manager and that he would call us by the following Tuesday. As of today January 5th we still havent heard anything. I hope someone can help us resolve this. Please find enclosed pictures of the sectional and recliner.

The Brickhd tv

I bought a HD 32 inch TV two days ago from The Brick. When I was purchasing it, the salesman did not mention that they have a No Return Policy. I get home and call Bell Canada to set up my HD service but they do not provide that service in my building. I called The Brick and the woman on the other side of the phone said she will not authorize a return after I explained my problem. I told her the TV is no good to us if we cannot watch it clearly and she said " You buy it, You Own it". Just like that. I pointed out how no one mentioned this No return policy to me at purchase time. She did not care. I have returned items to the Brick before and thought this is not the way it would go. They are so nice to you when they want that dollar and so rude when you need proper service. I will spread the word and make sure my family and friends do not go to this store.