The Brick / Brada Machinebroken washer

I bought a brada fridge from the brick and have had the worst service i have ever had in my life, the fridge never worked right and when i call to have it repaired it takes forever, i have to take a day off work and they don't even fix it. They said the brada fridges have leveling issues and to fix it transglobal put a wood board under the fridge on my kitchen floor, it looks terrible and i don't call that a repair. The fridge has broken down 4 times since i bought it 2 years ago, sometimes sevearal calls before a repair happens, and it leaks water everywhere. The brick is very rude when i call and told me to solve the problem i am welcome to buy a new fridge.

manix_montreal Apr 28, 2018

SAME THING HERE, I BOUGHT A BRADA DISHWASHER AT MONTREAL STORE, AND YOU KNOW WHAT, IT WILL COST ME ALMOST THE PRICE I PAID FOR IT TI FIX IT ... AMAZING BRICK

• Ci
    Cindyleebee Aug 31, 2016

We shopped at the Brick last year and purchased an item of furniture. The Brick has since used our phone number to make automated solicitation calls. While we understand that they need to attract business, they have done just the opposite with us. We have asked twice to be removed from the list and it is never done even though they say they will. I have left messages for the store manager and the operations manager and my calls don't get returned. I have explained that we enjoy receiving their flyers and consider them when we wish to make a purchase however we have members of our household who are shift workers and the solicitation calls interrupt sleep time.
    So sorry Brick, you are losing my confidence and my business.

• Ki
    Kijiji Bites Jun 17, 2016

Yes. We bought a bedroom set from Sears, and the drawers were broken, I said out the door boys and out it went, got my $5K back and went to Ashley's and regret getting junk on most of our new funiture, had to sell at half price and buy from a 'real furniture' store.

By leaving the headboard just made the delivery people from not taking it back that day and causes more paper work ... I guess they were lazy that day. The brick is a joke, Ashley's is a joke, I hate to say it but pay more, and lift that couch, if you can lift with one finger, you know the wood is cheap and will not last long!!

chino2013 Jun 17, 2016

I bought furniture from the brick in January of 2014 and they delivered a defective piece with a broken headboard of my king size bed and
    realings, when i spoke to the delivery guy he called up the store and the store took my complaint and insisted me to let the bed seat in my house and they will come change it in a couple of days and since then they never again did changed it till date, every time i go to the store they just give me some excuse or the other and upon calling the customer service they just ignore and hang on me, if some one in this Country can help me either get my furniture or money refunded .

• Bu
    BUVIATOR Jun 15, 2016

Terrible Company
    I agree 100% on how terrible this company is. I bought a dishwasher from them only to have the water pump break down. It has been two weeks and still not fixed. They were suppose to come at a specific date which I took the day off and I have all the e-mail correspondence to confirm this. When that day came not a call or nothing from them. When I called to ask when they are coming they told me no appointment had been scheduled. Very bad company to deal with DO NOT BUY FROM THEM !!!

• Um
    Umbille Jun 15, 2016

I bought $3000.00 worth of sofas from the brick . They came to deliver the 1st time and told me the sofas would not fit through the door. I arranged to have a window removed for the next delivery at which time they bought the couches right through the door! As they brought the second couch through they damaged it. When I reported it they said it would be replaced. I called back 2 weeks later to find out where my couches are at which time I was told they would not send out new couches and that a technician would have to come fix them. It has now been 1 year and the couches are still not fixed!

• Ab
    Abubakar Kasim Jun 07, 2016

I am pasting a copy of an email I've just sent to Mr. Kim Yost, the President and CEO of the Bricks Furniture. It describes the nature of the complaint.

===================================

Dear Mr. Kim Yost:
    [email protected]

My name is Abubakar Kasim. I am a freelance writer. I am writing about a very disturbing issue that has happened to one of your customers, my brother.

I really hope you would look into this issue and do all that you can to resolve it in a timely and urgent fashion.

As I also hope that there would not be a need for me as a writer to use this story in my future projects as it would certainly not serve in the best interest of your company.

Firstly, I must say that I have a deep and profound respect to your corporation, The Bricks.

I have recommended a lot of people in my community and my family to do business at your stores.

You certainly have products of high quality that attract the attention of consumers.

After the ordeal that my brother has gone through, I will have difficulty to continue my loyalty unless this issue is soon resolved.

My brother had purchased 3 piece sofa at your store located at 2625 B Weston Road (Hwy. 401 & Weston Rd) on Boxing day of last year, 2007.

He was assured about the outstanding and high quality of the product. He was told that the color of the sofas will not change and also the surface will not shrink as it is made from strong materials.

Some times when you buy a product, the seller will exaggerate to make you seal the deal.

This is what seems to be the case in this transaction.

To be on a safe side and as an extra precaution, my brother was convinced to buy a five-year additional insurance coverage. He was told that with this plan, he and his family would have peace of mind.

Even if a child writes on the sofas, someone will be dispatched to take care of the stain.

My brother and his wife started to have problems with the product.

The color has started to change, contrary to what they were told when they were buying the product.

Also, all the pieces started to shrink.

They have been going back and forth to the store that they had bought the products from.

The manager has been an awful person to deal with, extremely unreasonable, unfriendly and rude.

My brother called the store several times and he was assured that someone will be dispatched to have a look at the sofas but no one showed up at their doorstep.

They had also visited the store several times and were promised to have someone come to their house but no one ever did.

Ever since purchasing the product, they have been put on a roller coaster and sent back and forth without anyone helping them out.

After a lot of calls and visits to the store, they got two separate visits from the company.

Photographs of the products were taken.

They were assured on both visits that the color change will be resolved. One love sofa will be replaced and the shrinking problem will be taken care of.

Still, nothing has happened. Both visits did not result to any significant outcome except empty words and unfulfilled promises.

My brother went to the store and spoke to the manager. I could not believe what the manager said to him. Instead of trying to resolve the issue, she blamed the customer instead.

“It is the cloth you are wearing that is affecting the color of the sofas, ” she said.

“There is nothing we can do about it, ”

She arroganly indicated that she is the manager who has the final say and he is more than welcome to complaint but nothing will ever be done about it.

I was surprised to hear that from a manager of a renown and respected corporation. What an insult and inflammatory thing to say to a customer by blaming the cloth they are wearing.

It was demeaning and unprofessional for her to say such a foolish thing.

As you can see, Mr. Yost, this issue is extremely troubling. As a customer who had paid for the product and also added extra insurance coverage, you would not expect to be treated in this disrespectful manner.

This case is about a breach of trust. The customer did not get the least of what he had expected from the company.

The customer was expecting some kind of decency, fair deal, honesty and respect from the company that he had chosen - over many other companies out there - to do business with.

It is my ultimate hope that you as the CEO of the company would do your utmost to resolve this outstanding issue as soon as you can.

I really hope that there would not be a need for my brother to seek other means to rectify this troubling issue. The public will be disturbed to read this story in the media or to watch it on the news.

I really thank you for your time, Mr. Yost. I will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours truly,

Abubakar Kasim

• St
    Stephen Barlow Apr 17, 2016

Was just going to get a Brada AC unit, now I won't. Alarm bells went off when I bought some clearance dining chairs and had to get sales manager approval. Manager comes strutting over totally ignoringcustomer, me. No hello, nothing. Simply paying took ages. Think I'll look elsewhere.

• Li
    Lise Blanchette Jun 15, 2015

I went into the store for the BOSCH dishwasher and was told that the BRADA was just as good. The pump is going and the utensil rack is cracked to the point we had to put makeshift plastic in the rack so the utensils won't fall out. Worse product we have every had we have had the dishwasher a little over a year and I agree DONOT purchase this product line. We are going to have to purchase another dishwasher big mistake.

Analogue In A Digital World May 14, 2015

@wakingdiva… Au contraire, the Brick is not but just a middleman, Brada is their house brand product, just like how Kenmore is Sears’ house brand product. For both companies, they get someone else to build their respective house brand products for them. Log on to bradaappliances.com and click on “Contact”, a page giving an email contact of [email protected] opens… Click on “Where To Buy”, a page saying “Available Exclusively In Canada At The Brick” plus showing a map of where The Brick’s stores are in Canada opens… Click on “Products”, then “Updates: Product Line”, a page that was posted over four years ago on December 13, 2010 saying “Check back soon to see what’s new!” opens… Click on “How It’s Made”, a page saying “The Brada team works closely with only the largest and most established factories worldwide. We have staff based in Asia and North America working with our factories on a daily basis. From product inception, to pre and post production, our quality inspection teams are focused on ensuring you (sic) new Brada appliance performs to your expectations.

Every Brada product produced under goes a quality assurance inspection prior to leaving the factory. Products are also randomly pulled from the production lines to undergo long term “life” tests in state of the art research and development labs. Product safety is a top priority, and Brada appliances will always meet or exceed the strict guidelines set forth in the industry. Every Brada appliance is certified for safety and performance by CSA or CUL.

To further ensure a Brada appliance performs up to your demanding expectations, our service partners at Trans Global Service perform a complete quality assessment every Brada product produced. We don’t stop there, working with our retail partners to continually monitor service incident rates, and to gather feedback from our customers on how to make a Brada appliance even better.” opens… They talk the talk but obviously don’t walk the walk. Talk is cheap; it takes money to buy whiskey. But, yes, after all is said and done and more is said than done, in the end it ultimately is, caveat emptor. Thank goodness for sites like this, for I had been seriously entertaining the idea of buying a Brada dishwasher from The Brick…

• La
    Lane W Feb 24, 2015

To Ron that cannot open the door to his dishwasher. Maybe it is just saving you from alot of misery judging from these complaints.
    I was considering purchasing a Brada dish washer until I found this site.
    Thanx for the warnings everybody & good luck.

• Pd
    pdmck Feb 04, 2015

I just made the mistake of buying a brada dishwasher, just used it for the first time, and wow, I might as well have let my dog lick the plates clean, that way at least they would look clean, oh so not happy, will be contacting and seeing about returning it, wish me luck, , after all it is the brick

• Ad
    adriana bates Nov 25, 2014

purchased Brada washer 15 months wont pump, spin.Crap machine and crap service!

• Pa
    Patrick Pourin Oct 05, 2014

The handle of my Brida fridge is broke. simple piece of plastic but I can't find this parts nowhere and no ones can help. Check on google, search and there are almost nothing on Brada. Check on the parts appliance providers and they not supply parts for Brada. Like this fridge come from the moon, no one know nothing on it.

• Rs
    Rsit Sep 22, 2014

I wish I would read this before to buy a portable BRADA dishwasher.
    It last for two years. The worst service I ever experienced. I won't buy anything from The Brick from now on.

Sara Nataraja Sep 07, 2014

I bought a Brick Brada fridge with the bottom mount freezer and every time the power goes off the freezer has to be re-set and the fast freeze button pushed before it starts freezing to the right temperature. Now after 4 years I am having a problem with the fridge compartment for no reason it is freezing food and fruits in the fridge. Never never am I buying another Brada product. I have not had any of these problems with 3 or 4 fridges we had before this.

• Ar
    ArunJ Aug 14, 2014

Hi I have a Brada 13 CF upright Freezer; I love it and the digital display it has in front. Unfortunately the handle broke off when I tried to open it yesterday. Hopefully the brick can fix it and I hope it has more than one year of warranty as I my wife bought it June last year and today is August 14 2014. I sent the brick an email and I hope they respond quickly.

• Th
    Theotherjen May 30, 2014

I have had our Brada Washing Machine. We would have returned it if my husband had no spent an entire day installing it (flooring issue, not a product issue). It cleaned horribly, even when we pre-rinsed all the dishes After much experimenting, it will clean but you need to put the high temp wash on and use Quantum washer tablets.

The cutlery basket was thoroughly broken in under a year and was always letting cutlery through, making an already difficult to close door impossible to close.

The most annoying thing in the world, and the reason it is so horrible
    is the bottom drawer closing "mechanism". I am often having to get my husband to close it because a full load of dishes needs to be lifted and repositioned in order to close.

So far no mechanical issues, but from reading these posts, its just a matter of time.

• Vo
    Voplosen Apr 18, 2014

I bought king size mattress from the company The Brick Guelph. After 4 months it was warped. I contacted the company and the rep came to my place and looked at the mattress. He agreed to change it, because I had the warranty. After a month, I got the response that they would provide new mattress on 20, March. My mom was at my place, but this scamming company delivered nothing. I’m sick of their promises. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

• Br
    BrianLevy Apr 11, 2014

Just about to replace a washer. Never heard of Brada so looked for review. The washer we are replacing is a Kenmore and with Sears Canads's service problems, decided just to replace. I am not looking for another unreliable machine so, will skip the brand and store.

Mark big condo builder Mar 24, 2014

Thanks I'm a large builder and these kind of reports just made my mind up. Good of you that took the time to write a review. Thanks. I just happen to be staying in a suite with a brada dishwasher. It's broken and I know its bran new. Good thing I check these sites out.

• Je
    Jenn Pendleton Mar 19, 2014

Just bought a Brada from the Owen Sound Brick, on January 24th and has ruined $80.00 worth of clothing in 40 days. Calling and emailing everywhere as The Brick in Owen Sound isn't doing anything. The store manager is a joke. Don't buy from The Brick as they are just a liquidator. What a mess. Paid in cash so being penalized for that too as could have returned if we'd put it on their credit card.

• Ra
    Rasko Mar 08, 2014

Can anyone tell me how to open the door on a brada dishwasher .My daughter bough a brada dishwasher and we could not open the door .

• Ra
    Rasko Mar 08, 2014

Hi can anyone tell me how you open the door on a brada dishwash.

• Ke
    kevin maki Feb 16, 2014

dont buy Brada our dish washer lasted 12 months and the pump went. a week past warranty waste of money.

• Da
    DAN MCPHEE Jan 27, 2014

bOUGHT A bRADA WASHING MACHINE FROM THE BRICK 4 MONTHS AGO AND HAS CRAPPED OUT!!! THE BRICK IS A [censored]HOLE WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THAT PLACE AGAIN AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT...

MARY MILLER Dec 25, 2013

I am so glad that I read these reviews of these BRADA products, as I was about to buy a BRADA freezer, one of the small ones for my daughter. After reading all of the comments re; this product, I will not purchase any BRADA product. Thank you all for writing your reviews.

• Ap
    APPALLED CONTINUED Dec 04, 2013

THEY LIMIT YOUR SPACE TO COMMENT SO I NEED TO ADD ON THE REST OF MY APPALLED EXPERIENCE.
    TO TOP IT ALL OFF THE TECHNICIAN, WHICH THEY REFER TO AS A REPAIR SPECIALIST WAS RE-VISITING TODAY ON A SEPERATE ISSUE > THE BRADA WASHER. ALSO A PEICE OF ###.
    FINALLY, AFTER DOING A LOAD OF LAUNDRY (6 WEEKS LATER) I HAD A FLOOD. HE FORGOT TO CONNECT A HOSE.
    AND THIS WASHER IS STILL MAKING LOUD NOISES AND HAVING TROUBLE SPINNING ON LARGER LOADS.
    HIS COMMENT TO ME WAS ...HE WAS NOT A MAGICIAN AND THIS IS NORMAL.
    GIVE ME A F----N BREAK.
    BRADA, THE BRICK, TRANSGLOBAL...WHAT A JOKE. BUT, WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT THE JOKE IS ON US.
    CAUTION BUYER BEWARE!!!CAUTION BUYER BEWARE!!! CAUTION BUYER BEWARE!!!CAUTION BUYER BEWARE!!!
    WE HAVE ALSO HAD MATTRESS ISSUES, BUT DON'T EVEN WANT TO GET STARTED ON THAT.
    NEEDLESS TO SAY I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE AT THE BRICK !!!

• Ap
    appalled customer Dec 04, 2013

DO NOT BUY A BRADA PRODUCT . IT IS A PEICE OF ### !!! NOT EVEN ONE YEAR OLD YET.
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER ONE AND A HALF MONTHS FOR A FELT BELT FOR THE DRYER.
    IT RUINED MORE CLOTHES THAN THE PEICE OF ### IS WORTH.
    NOT SURE WHAT IS WORSE THE APPLIANCE OR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    EVERYONE DICKS YOU AROUND. THEY PUT ON THIS BULL ###, NICE, SOOOO CONCERNED CRAP.
    I AM BLAMING THE IDIOTS THAT MADE THIS GARBAGE AND THE IDIOTS THAT ALSO SELL IT BECAUSE THEY SHOULD STAND BEHIND THE CRAP THEY SELL.
    RESARCHING A PRODUCT IS FINE, BUT THE SALES PEOPLE SHOULD ALSO BE KNOWLEGABLE AND NOT MISLEADING..
    SO IN MY WORDS, WHICH SEEMS TO BE AGREED TO BY MANY CONSUMERS . BRADA SUCKS AND SO DOES THE BRICK !!!

• Wa
    wakingdiva Oct 04, 2013

not sure why you folks are blaming the middle man...when you go grocery shopping and you buy food and it sucks do you blame the store or the manufacturer? when you buy clothing and they "suck" do you blame the store that you purchased it from???? no..you blame the manufacturer, so why say the brick sucks? Dont buy brada anymore..get a different brand..isnt that what you would do in the above scenario? Maybe do some homework and go online and research before buying a major appliance. Just saying.

• Mr
    mrowse Jul 26, 2013

I went in to the Brick to purchase a dishwasher, the sales person told me that Brada was eequal to Bosch. I said sure but I didn't want the floor model.Sure okay we will put in an order. So I wait 3weeks they phone it's in, go to get the machine its the same floor model.I say fine I have six little kids at home so having a dishwasher was a must. I told the salesperson if their are any problems it's coming back. Sure enough leaks with in days, take it back no problem. Ordered dishwasher comes in all is well..or so I thought! I got a bill for repairs needed on floor model. Had to explain to repair company that it wasn't my dishwasher that took for ever and new dishwasher doesn't work now and The Brick doesn't want to hear about it. So needless to say never shopping at The Brick.

• Th
    theresa m leblanc Jul 22, 2013

MY NAME IS THERESA LEBLANC
    THEY HAD GIVING ME A WORK ORDER #67291
    THE SALES INVOICE # 062424F0500001
    . I ALREADY WROTE TO YOUS AWHILE AGO BUT DIDN'T GET ANY RESULTS ABOUT MY COMPLAINT SO I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY AGAIN. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
    I PURCHASED A NAVY RECLINER IN JUNE 2012 .NOT EVEN A YEAR GOES BY AND MY RECLINER IS FALLING APART. I'M A SENIOR WHO LIVES ALONE AND IM VERY CAREFULL WITH MY FUNITURE.I WENT TO THE BRICK TO COMPLAIN BUT THEY TOLD ME .THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING FOR ME. BUT I HAVE PURCHASED A FULL 5YEAR WARRANTY AND CONSTRUCTION WARRARENTY AND A MASTER WARRENTY. THINKING IM COVERED FOR MY 5YRS.BUT IM STILL FIGHTING THEM, FOR MY MONEY BACK FOR THIS JUNK I HAVE PURCHAED. PLEASE IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT I WOULD APPRECIATE THIS.
    ALTOGETHER I PAID WITH TAXES $632.75 FOR THIS RECLINER THAT IM SCARED TO SIT ON. FROM THERESA LEBLANC ([email protected])

• Ha
    hayleyskea Jun 04, 2013

I went in to the Brick and ordered a dishwasher. I confirmed TWICE that she order it is white. It arrived in stainless steel. When I phoned the store to advise them of their mistake, all they said was "oops" and never once did I receive an apology. I asked that the manager phone me back and a short time later, the same girl who sold me the dishwasher phoned me back and I could hear the manager in the background- he obviously did not want to deal with me. I did not think that was professional at all. After being told I would have to wait another week for my new dishwasher to arrive, I asked what I was supposed to do with the incorrect one. They said I had to keep it until the new one came in. This was not an option for me so when my husband got home, we packed up the dishwasher and brought it down to the store. They did not care AT ALL that they had made a mistake. I really think these people need training in customer service because I absolutely refuse to deal with them again. I have spent a lot of money at their store and I have no problem going out of town to shop at the competitor if it means I don't have to subject myself to their laziness and rudeness ever again.

marie1995 Jun 03, 2013

I went to the Brick telling them the problem with Brada dishwasher after I had a repair man here to tell me I needed a new water pump. Brick Customer Service gave me a number to call about the faulty pump, one staff member suggested I purchase a new dishwasher. I feel The Brick is totally dishonest.
    This company said it would cost $300.00 and up to fix and it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery of the water pump. I declined this as I found this a rip-off.

I haven't heard a thing from the Complaints Board. Do not purchase anything from the Brick

• Vi
    vicfortin May 30, 2013

I agree on the dishwasher. I bought one for my rental suite and it doesn't clean or rinse properly. Dishes have food and film on them. Called Trans Global and they sent out a repair man. He said it was because our water wasn't hot enough and to use vinegar with soap.
    Didn't make any difference. Called repair man again and he said he couldn't come out without another work order from Trans Global. Called them again and they said they were making up another work order. Haven't heard from repair man yet. I asked the lady if this doesn't fix it where do I ship it back for a refund and she said nowhere I was stuck with it. Not what I wanted to hear. I have bought multiple items from the Brick and have never had a problem up until now. Not a happy customer. Corinne

marie1995 Apr 01, 2013

THE BRICK! Yes purchasing from the Brick is a disaster. I purchased a Brada dishwasher a little over two years ago. Since last December 2012 I have not been able to use it due to water pump breakdown. I went to the Brick to tell them this and Guess What? It would cost me $300.00 to fix this junk. NEVER NEVER will I ever purchase from the BRICk again.

Jaspreet Ahuja Feb 27, 2013

Purchased a "Cindy Crawford" sofa set last year with 5 year extended warranty. Upon opening the sofa set found that the legs have deep cracks running down the middle. Called their service department who sent out a person for assessment after 30 days. Didnt hear back from them for 3 months. When I followed up I was informed that the cracks were assessed as regular wear and tear and hence not replaced.
    1) When I was sold the warranty, I was told that all wear and tear was covered?
    2) Why did no-one call me back and let me know what was the assessment?
    3) If the goods were shipped damaged, why are they assessed regular wear and tear?

Absolutely terrible experience with them and still waiting to have this resolved.

• Re
    RedDeerian Jan 03, 2013

Purchased a sofa, love seat, big screen TV, wall attachment, extended warranty for the furniture and other bells and whistles. The company delivered the furniture to my home on three different occasions. There were weeks wait in between deliveries for the furniture had to come from another city. All three times that the delivery (furniture) arrived, the sofa and love seat were in damaged condition and I refused to accept it. My husband and I paid good money for the items and expected new product. Finally, two months later, we received a non damaged set of furniture.
    Eight months later, the leather sofa / love seat set that we purchased started to blemish. The leather started to wrinkle in the arms and leather was removing from the cushioning. After contacting the warranty dept. in Winnipeg, I was disappointed to learn that my extended 5 year warranty purchase on this product did not cover the lodging / wrinkling of the leather :-(.
    Will I ever shop at the Brick again - No! In the future, I will go the extra block to visit Leon's where we had purchased product before and received excellent customer service!!

• Be
    Bellainred Nov 03, 2012

Have a Brada dishwasher. Worst washer I have ever owned. Half of the loads come out with an issue. The cutlery basket is a joke -the plastic is so cheap, it breaks quickly. Don't buy Brada!

• Cr
    crash4554 Sep 21, 2012

The GE fridge you purchased from The Brick is the same GE fridge you would purchase from Sears or any other appliance store. GE is not a Brick exclusive product. That exact same fridge coming out of any ones doors could have the same thing happen to it. That is why all companies sell extended warranties past the manufacturers menial 1 year parts and labour warranty.