Telkom / no response for cancellation of contract

1 South Africa Review updated:

I currently have a contract with 8ta, i have taken out another contract with Telkom. I need to cancel my current contract as soon as possible and port my number to my new contract. I have filled in my cancellation form and sent it to Telkom cancellations on the 1st of November 2016 but till today have not received any response from the cancellation department. I have called the customer service several times but the cancellation department don't have a contact number for me to contact. I am very worried that if Telkom don't cancel my contract in time then i am going to have 2 bills to pay. Please could someone get back to me urgently . This is highly unprofessional from Telkom cancellation department side. If you can only contact them by means of an email and no contact number, then how come they don't respond to your email or even acknowledge that have received it. Your urgently response is need.

MY contact number is [protected]. Please contact me urgently.

Ev
Nov 8, 2016

Comments

• Lo
      9th of Nov, 2016

The person whom is complaing about the cancellation of the 8 ta contract, I am still waiting for the last 3 years to cansel my 8 ta contract, but now response.I even took them to the small claims court, they just ignore the judment.Lourens

• Gi
      14th of Nov, 2016

I am trying to cancel my Data Contract with Telkom. A lady from Telkom contacted me to give me the cancellation fee as this is an early termination and I told her it was too much - they gave me a 4 month cancellation! The consumer protection act says that you can be penalized for early cancellation but it must be a reasonable cancellation penalty - 4 months is definitely not reasonable. Since then I have not heard from Telkom again even after numerous emails to the Cancellation email. It is absolutely ridiculous that you can only get hold of the Cancellation department via email and not telephonically. So Telkom will take your call if you want to join them but won't take your call if you want to leave them - for this reason I will never sign up for a Telkom Contract again! Can someone at Telkom contact me URGENTLY to resolve the cancellation fee issue and cancel my contract. 0826011491