Menu
CelluCity
reviews & complaints

CelluCity
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

11 complaints
2 resolved 9 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of CelluCity. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
2:41 am EDT

CelluCity - New phone contract

I needed a new phone so on the 1st February I took out a 36 month phone contract with Cellucity.
At the time I had a contract with Vodacom which expires on 26 th July. As I was assured I could revert to my old 083 number when the Telkom contract expired I signed the contract with Cellucity and as soon as my signature was on the contract the consultant named Lunga Xozwa said now you have TWO phone numbers.
The manager of the branch in Hemingsway East London named Merie Berkle tells me there is nothing she can do except and I'll have to use the new 079 number - this is rediculous, I have had my 083 number for over 20 years.
I told her that this is no way to treat a senior citizen on a pension or anyone else for that matter and I was going to take the matter up with the Ombudsman and my local newspaper - I did assure her that I would NOT let this go - her answer - go ahead I've told you, there is nothing I can do.
Please help sort this out as to repeat myself, NOT LETTING THIS MATTER BE SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET.
I even suggested that they cancel the contract, reinstate it with the same phone only using my 083 number but no - can't and won't be done.
Looking forward to your favourable response
Linda Penhall

Thursday, 29 April 2021

Attention Cellucity N1 City

To whom it may concern
My Name is Matthew Groepies

I would like to lodge a complain of a disrespectful Staff Member's Approach, the way of speaking and Shouting to me while needing her advice and guidance I received from one of your Staff Members at your company on Thursday, 29 April 2021. The reason For my call was to Find out regarding my cancellation I have Lodged the Month March2021, I Went in to the Store in N1 City Cellucity, and on the day Called to the Cancellation Department in the Presence of one of the Store Consultants at Cellucity N1 City, Received a Reference number, Saw the Proof of Cancellation On the Monitor and I have been informed that my payment will not reflect or deduct again because the cancellation is of immediate effect.

On the Day April 28th, Vodacom deducted the full amount after my contract has been cancelled, after receiving my Reference number and after I have been told it is cancelled.
I called back to the store on the day Thursday 29th April to lodge my quarry to why the full amount was dedication.

I spoke to one of your store Consultants by the name Venishia At the time, she had begun to raise her voice to me while I've been trying to explain my quarry to her thrice in, she was so arrogant, sounded extremely annoyed by her vicious tone in her voice and her utter disrespect had me surprised.
I have been a customer for a very long time at your store and was most upset by these events.

I hope that this Complaint explains my feelings and disappointment with what has occurred, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss matters further and to learn of how you propose to prevent a similar situation from recurring, and hope that corrective measures are taken swiftly.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully

Mr Matthew Groepies

Desired outcome: Professional Customer Ethics To be Taught Correctly

L
7:47 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was today (14/02/19) in canal walk at cellucity for a powerbank and told the sales person that I need one that can super charge my huawei p20 pro in 1 hour. I wast told that the power bank that I bought can super charge my huawei phone. I then returned to the shop within a few minutes after I discovered that the power bank doesnt provide the output to...

D
11:07 pm EST
Replied
CelluCity has left an official reply on this complaint.
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, we were in south africa/zimbawe between 12-24 december, and had rented a wifi router from the airport for usage. Over that 12 days, we only used instalgram and whassap apps. However, there was an incredible charges of 18gb made to our usage, including 10gb when we were spending time in zimbawe and did not even use the router (as we were informed by the...

11:33 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day I make reference to the south african national consumer protection act, 68 of 2009, which came into effect on 1 april 2011. The consumer protection act (cpa) aims to "promote fairness, openness and good business practices between suppliers of goods and services and consumers of these goods and services." I purchased a samsung j3 for r3300 at the...

D
7:50 am EDT

CelluCity - new application

Hi

I tried to take out a new line and was credit check over 15 times in 3 days. Stay far away from this company.

Cellucity bemoreshopping center (sandton)

Beside dropping my score because they check so many times after me telling kosi and her manager not to I cant get a contract and I have a bad credit status.

All I needed was help and advise. I trusted the company and now I want to stop anyone else from making the same mistake.

I
1:34 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Incompetent and dishonest staff and manager Upgraded my note5 to a note8 in october at cellucity pavillion branch... By december my screen cracked. I then went to samsung to sort it out, they asked me if I registered for the smart care plan, I asked what smart care plan, they asked me if I wasn't offered the smart care plan.. I said no, I don't even know...

6:44 am EDT

CelluCity - blame the customer

I have now complained on every level to vodacom and cellucity where I purchased my contract cell phone.
To cut a long story short, I recently upgraded my contract with vodacom and even paid in a huge sum of monies in to ensure my monthly premium is as low as possible, and to my surprise my premium was whooping r946! Instead of the 400 rand, I made contact with vodacom and the franchise "cellucity" I also decided to call into the call centre to ask what's going on. I then explain to the call centre agent that I get 250 megs free with my package and I bought an additional bundle package of 250m in order not to incur additional charges. The call centre agent tell me that the 250megs what was advise to me once the phone was activated only take place at the end of the month and I now have to pay for the charges incur. The branch manager then calls me from cellucity take advise me that the sales lade was incorrect and I need to provide my bank details to credit my account and that cellucity will be liable... Days lays he calls again stating that they not paying because the sales person said the sales lady is now turning her story and I have to pay up. This is yet another poor reflection of your inadequate service delivery and it appears that no one at "vodacom and cellucity" cares a hoot about my problem. I did what I needed to safe guard myself and now they pushing me from pillar to post. I've been extremely patient with reference to incorrect billing on my account and they said they will correct it and not changing their story. Take note because there could be countless other people out there and it may happen to you

N
6:00 pm EST

CelluCity - don't believe their '7-day phone replacement' lies

I let cellucity in cavendish square sell me a nokia e75 phone for r4500 in early march. The sales people were very good at telling me about the guarantees, and the fact that my phone would be replaced if there was any problem in the first seven days. What they didn't mention was that if you take your phone back for replacement, they will actually only replace the phone when some faceless technician at 'vodacare' gives them the go-ahead. So they send the phone away to 'vodacare' and then renounce all responsibility for how long it may take to get your phone back.

Apparently this was in the fine print I signed. Well, they might win a court case against me, and bully for them if they do. There's a difference between covering yourself legally and actually using that fine print as an excuse to keep a slack, rubbish policy whereby a customer can bring a malfunctioning phone back and be left for a limitless amount of time to get a replacement. For me it's nearly a month and counting now, and I suppose it could take years. My phone may be obsolete by the time it comes back in 2014... What service!

7:16 am EDT

CelluCity - potential buyers should be aware of this poor quality product

A month ago I purchased a dell studio from celluctiy in cavendish square. On the day of purchase I had to return it three times as it had aconnecion poblem, tht even their 3g technicians struggled with. The pc has been returned about six times since purchase date, and as i'm typing this, I have check every single letter to ensure it is there. It misses at random.

I have mailed the ceo mr sean joffe, explaining my frustrations, and he dismissed it as 'it's simle to fix the homepag.. Just click on tools etc ect (ignoring the fact that I allready mentioned that the problem returns after two days)', or 'we could send a dell technician to you'. I have been in contact with dell about the problems, who forwarded links for downloads to me. I manage to do the downloads slowly and with much effort, as the connection kept dropping.

I demanded a relacement pc for this 'obiously' dudd machine, but t fell on deaf ears.

Potential buyers should be aware of this poor quality product, and dell cellucity's refusal to accept responsibility for their product.

Please note :spelling mistakes are missing letters caused by this pc!

J
12:00 am EST

CelluCity - disgusting and very bad service!

On the 31st july, 2006, I purchased a new contract with a company called ‘cellucity’ at century city shopping mall, cape town, for a cellular phone a nokia 6280. The cell phone was connected on the 2nd august and on the 3rd august I noticed a big leaf shaped shadow on the screen. We checked to see if we had made some mistake but realized that there was a fault with the phone. When we took the phone back, we were told that we must have broken the phone. I know that the phone was never abused as I never even had a chance to even put one telephone number on the phone as I was still using my old phone which I have had for 3 years and have never had a days problem with it. Anyhow cellucity took the phone in and on the 8th august and sent it in to ‘vodacare’ to have it checked. They tell me that it will cost us$70.00 to repair. I told ‘cellucity’ that I have not done anything to the phone. They became rude and aggressive and did not want to help me any further. To this day, I still have no cell phone and feel that this sort of service in such a highly competitive world is disgusting and a very bad reflection on nokia who should check out their distributors as they are causing them to loose business. Incidentally, I have also been threatened that I will be blacklisted if I don’t pay the contract which is for 2 years.

John, cape town, south africa
Cellucity at century city shopping mall, cape town

CelluCity contacts