Menu
Telkom SA SOC
reviews & complaints

Telkom SA SOC
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

2468 complaints
35 resolved 2433 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Telkom SA SOC. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
O
4:54 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been calling Telkom to have my line reactivated for almost a month now and unfortunately they don't really seem to care about their customers and the email addresses I have received from Telkom to escalate my complaint don't work ([email protected] and [email protected]) so I have to now look at other public avenues to try and get my situate...

8:53 am

Telkom SA SOC - cancellation of contract

In July I fill application form with Telkom to see how much I qualify for and I wanted Samsung S5 and it was out of stock they said that I must check after week then I went I was still out of stock. The I went to MTN for application and it was approve then I got the phone form MTN I sign the contract with them. After 2 weeks Gentleman from Telkom called me to confirm if I toke the phone I said no it was out of stock and I toke from MTN. On my payday 21 August 2015 I got sms from Telkom says R743.71 was deducted to my account then I went to Telkom to confirm that I didnt take the device and I never sign the contact with them. They say they will sort it out I wanted my refund urgently they says that it will take some days and they advice me to go to my Bank to cancel a debit order.

On 11 September 2015 I got sms from Telkom for total due amount of R1142.71 Account NO :334620354. What is it for I never toke device from Telkom? I went to Richards Bay Branch Laetitia Bezuidenhout sent attached email to: Thulani Ngwenya and Patricia Mokwena.

How come the amount was deducted to my account while I didn't received a device?
When did I sign for collection?
The device is for which brand?
What is Device name and Model number?
What is the serial number?
What is the MEI umber?

Please find the attached Transunion credit record telkom account and this will affect my credit record.

Please find the attached MTN application and Contract.

I want this issue to be sorted today.

11:36 am

Telkom SA SOC - adsl an internet upgrade

On 24/8/2015 a Telkom consultant contact me and ask if I want to upgrade my adsl line from 4mbps line to 10mbps line. Het did not explain properly what it involve. He promise me that they will send the new modem via courier because I stay in Vryheid KZN and the closest Telkom office is in Newcastle. I receive a ref no for my upgrade 1137505. On 8 Sept 2015 I did not receive the modem and I contact 10210 and they said that they do not send modems via courier I must pic it up myself. I contacted 10210 again and they test the line and it is 1mbps and they log a fault no 66CNK070915 After various complaints did I reciev the modem but my line is not fixed and no one seem toe care or bother to help.

M
5:00 pm

Telkom SA SOC - debt account without authorization, consultants and team leaders are off no help, incompetent staff

I am a customer that is highly disgusted with south africa's top telephone service group, telkom... And their sub company 8ta... My debit order did go through because the month end fell on a weekend, so on the monday I called telkom's 8ta call center and told them that the debit order didn't go threw and that I wanted to make a payment, the call center consultant, radebe told me to put the cell phone number as a reference, which I did. I then emailed the proof of payment to him. Then 2 weeks later they suspend my services saying that they didn't receive the funds, so I emailed it to mahesh the call center team leader... He then told me that the reference number is wrong n that they cannot do anything to help me. I asked him how come he cannot help me because the funds are in telkom's account they jus need to allocate it to my account. He still said he cannot do that, I must pay the amount again with the correct reference number, I swore him terribly and asked to speak to his manager, mohammed ali.. He said that his manager does not take calls... So what kind of people are telkom's hiring... Anyway... I ended up paying again with the correct reference number... And guess what... They debit my account for the same amount with any authority... When I called and asked what the f### is going on... Yet again another dumb consultant doesn't know wtf is going on, she tells me that I have to get the bank to do a reversal... Which costs me r200.00, so I asked her why should I pay for that when I didn't even sign any agreement givning them authority to debt my account in two different dates... No answer... She gives me another debit collections number to call... And they said that telkom gave them authority to debit my account... So who the f### is telkom to give them the right to do that... And they nothing stating I gave them rights to debt my account... N wait for it... My phones are still suspended... So telkom is sitting with 3 times the invoice amount from me... And they still tell me to be calm... Telkom has gone to the dogs, service is worse than the bacteria on the ### in the sewers... Managers sit on their behinds n look pretty, they cannot deal with customers... Pathetic...

T
8:03 am

Telkom SA SOC - selling goods under wrong impression with client

Conversation started February 3
2/3, 7:59am
Hi Troy,
We went into Telkom Menlyn on 14 sept 2014, we filled in all the forms, my husband sent his bank statements the Monday, we waited for Percival to get back to us for 2 months. He explained to me and my husband that if there is mtn roaming our Internet will work. We asked him plenty of times. So I started talking to Jeff the manager at that stage about why our 3 contracts is taking so long. Then our papers got lost, And we needed to go back to Telkom Menlyn again to fill out the forms in November. We eventually got our 3 contracts. The first thing we noticed is that our night cap internet does not work, we phoned telkom Menlyn and Jeff told us to get a new simcard, so I told him everything is new, why isn't the night cap working? Then he said he logged a call, but we haven't heard anything from him. No reference number nothing! Now when I took this query higher than menlyn, the people tells us that if there's no telkom tower the night cap won't work. That is not the contract we took out, neither are paying for! We feel that telkom Menlyn sold us a contracts without explaining how it really works. We also feel that we were placed under misjudgement and that they only wanted to sell us something! We don't want to pay for something that we didn't order! We want what they told us they are selling, Internet that works on mtn roaming! Not afterwards tell us it's not working
2/3, 8:01am
My husband phone is 0823388727
February 27
2/27, 7:53am
Trudie Oosthuizen
Hi Troy, still no results from Telkom, they keep on telling me they will get the network department to come out and the store to give us a call, but nothing! Can you tell me what's going on?
Today
2:05pm
Good day Troy,
We have up to this point heard nothing about helping the situation? We either want a refund for the misscomunication from Telkom Menlyn and putting us under the wrong impression when selling the goods, after we specifically asked the sales person plenty of times!
And we want this sorted out ASAP? It is now from November 2014 that we are struggling with this situation, it can't go on like this!
Can you please let us know what is going on, and sort this out ASAP? Thank you;.

3:09 am

Telkom SA SOC - theft

For the fourth month in a row Telkom has billed me for a service that I do not use [R484, 52 a month]. I have now been into Telkom's stores and spoken to the very same person to make a complaint [three times]. Every time this happens I'm provided with a case number and nothing happens. Im told that if I close the account I will not be refunded but they do nothing and simply keep charging me.

I have also emailed [email protected] who is supposed to deal with complaints and have yet not received a reply since my complaints began.

Rober Nicholls

5:33 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Telkom is steeling my money. I had a cell phon enumber with telkom that were suppose to be cancelled on 24 dec 2014 and clearly telkom are unable to do the jobs. I found out on my feb 2015 the line was never cancelled and for the past two weeks day afteer day after day i am phoning telkom to this ptoblme sorted. But there are no one at telkom that know...

P
7:24 am

Telkom SA SOC - penalty fees

I have a contract for ADSL line; Land line ; and Cellphone with Telkom SA. The cost is R650.00 per month for these combined services.
I now wish to cancel the cell phone (Mobile) part of the contract and have been told that for the 20 months remaining on the contract the penalty fee for cancelling will be more than R3300.00 or R165.00 per month. As I have paid in cash for the phone and will not use any of their services I cannot see how this is at all legal, even though I have signed a contract..
Regards
Peet

V
5:57 am

Telkom SA SOC - faulty line

My phone line & adsl line was working perfect (0129971870) on saturday morning at 09:30. At around 09:45 the line went dead (No weather, nothing) reported fault at 09:57, and received sms with fault number and message that telkom would endeavour that issue would be resolved in 2 days.

I again phoned on sunday 28 december 2014, and was told its weekend the fault will be in queue on monday only.

I phoned monday, tuesday, wednesday... With only one constant response: the fault will be assigned to a technician.

All this from my cellphone (Not free) listening to the most irritating music for up to 30 minutes a time

It is now 9 days later and I have not seen a telkom vehicle in suburb. All communication from telkom is an automated sms every morning telling me how telkom will attend to my fault.

Nobody at the exhange.

I am using my adsl line extensively to connect to my work office and various other services.

In addition to the above frustration of no service, I have a ill, elderly mother in law, staying alone that need to be able to contact me. My land line is her speed dial.

This is unacceptable as you cannot talk to anybody except an operator at a help desk with no connection to technical or management. The only access these people have is to a system telling the operator a fault has been created.

Please assist urgently. A phone call will also be appreciated.

References: 96ctk271214 & sm78545.

Cv booysen

C
2:53 am

Telkom SA SOC - services not delivered/contravention of contract signed with telkom mobile

I had taken out a contract with Telkom Mobile over a month ago and complained that I am being charged for Data that is supposed to be free based on their summer promotion. I had also complained that my phone looses signal and I am unable to access any application on the device including making calls. I have submitted 3 complaints in writing and Khalee(Telkom representative)l informed me that I may end my contract. Pending this I have asked what the charges will be and I have been waiting 2 weeks for a response. I have in the interim received a message stating that I would be Charged over R800, for the time that I have used my phone. This is more than double what I would pay by just paying the monthly contracted amount. I am now awaiting a phone call from Someone called Freedom to resolve my "issue" I have all the correspondence over a period of a month asking for assistance and resolve, but nothing has come into fruition. This is my last resort to try and emulate some form of care and/response from Telkom Mobile.

X
2:37 am

Telkom SA SOC - overcharges

I recently cancelled my ADSL services with Telkom and went with MWEB. I noticed I was on a evening/weekend plus plan which cost extra and made it very clear that i needed the cheapest and most basic line rental for my ADSL as I hardly ever use my land line to make calls. I never received an account for the month of October, now I get an account of R600-00 owed to telkom just for line rental, where as far as I am concerned I should only be paying R180 a month for the line rental. How can they charge me R300-00 a month just for line rental. I call the call center to sort this out and after holding for 5 minutes i get a message saying sorry we are too buys right now, try again later. Telkom is pathetic, useless and do not do what the client asks of them. They charge whatever they want regardless. I refuse to pay this amount for services I never used and specifically told them to cancel.

5:39 am

Telkom SA SOC - internet

I logged several calls to telkom since weds last week when I had no internet service upon my arrival at work.
I was told the server is down in (021) area.
Then I was told that the line has been restored, however my problem persisted. After making another call I was told that there is no connection from telkom to my line with regards to internet. I was told another urgent call would be logged and that someone will call me. My ref 688cwk060814
On monday I arrive at work to find my internet working just fine. A technician arrived not even knowing what he came out to do for me.
Today I got a call from tel no 021 4147500 to find out if a technician came out to me. I explained everything and asked for a email address I can escalate a complaint to. I want a detailed report of what was the real problem and how it got fixed. I demand this information as it is my right as a paying customer. Secondly I will not pay for 5 days of no internet and want my telephone bill adjusted accordingly. This is what I wanted to communicate in a email but oscar and his supervisor made me hold the line for roughly 30min. They did not have the info at hand and I hung up. Staff do not know where their customers can log complaints, not can they find it on the telkom web. How am I suppose to find it. Needless to say, and not expecting much more, no call back yet. Words escape me...

N
8:49 pm

Telkom SA SOC - telkom

You may have heard of telkoms offer of ten gig + ten gigs (nightowl) offer at only R700 a month?

If you need superfast internet, this deal might appeal to you. However, halt just there!

These guys are advanced criminals.

I was shocked on the second of this month when I tried to login to my internet and found that my gigs are depleted. I tried contacting Telkom, and they made lame excuses that my something downloaded in the background etc. I found this astonishing, since I have used iburst, afrihost, neotel, etc in the past and NEVER did I ever use 10 gigs in even two weeks. However, my first month with telkom, and they state that ten gigs were used in two days!

I asked them for proof. However, they cannot say which sites were used or what was downloaded. The only thing they can do is show the times the gigs were used. The irony here is that they show that the gigs were used after 12 am, whereas my nightowl gigs are not yet depleted.

I again bough 5 gigs, and within 10 hours, all ten gigs are depeleted

I dont know if these guys have no records, or they purposefully steal the gigs from their customers. In any case, its in your interest to rather opt for someone more reliable

2:00 am

Telkom SA SOC - incorrect billing

I have had a contract since October 2013 and every single month there has been an issue, despite an agent assuring me it was sorted out. It has been 8 months since I have taken this contract and up til date the SAME issue is persisting. They just keep taking money that does not belong to them and charging me for unnecessary items which i did not take with my contract! this is becoming highly frustrating as it is affecting my other accounts and debit orders, but they do not seem to care. Online complaints only prove successful for a certain period, then things go back to normal again! It seems i have to take this a step further

Telkom SA SOC - telephone line disabled for almost 6 months

Since last year 16 Dec 2014 we have been trying to get our Telephone line restored by Telkom. We have lodged several queries and
requests to have the line restored. Every time there is some excuse that does not make sense and that just dies down, e.g Technical fault is being investigated, Query has been logged.. Everywhere else in our surrounding area where the same issue has been experienced the lines have been restored, but yet our have not. Some examples are the Adriaanse Library, Elsies River Library, All the surgeries in our surrounding area, Avonwood Shopping Centre, some residential homes two streets from where we live have been restored. My dad has been back and forth with this issue for the past 6months and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Telkom with their misleading information they provided, tried selling a modem for free that ended up being a charge to our existing account of R960. I am sick and tired of this back and forth for something that could have been resolved months ago.

This is by far the worst service I have ever experienced in my life from the worlds largest Telecommunications company, Telkom. They are unethical, unreliable and have no concern for the customer in mind. Their service is pathetic to say the least where the customer is concerned and their agents working in the Telkom Direct are a bunch of inexperienced imbeciles who make up excuses for the incompetent service delivery of Telkom.

I would like this issue to be resolved and the line restored and will await feedback on this matter. Should you require the necessary sms confirmation details this can be provided where necessary.

Read full review of Telkom SA SOC

I suggest you remove this complaint***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

M
11:32 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have exhausted all the possibilities that I have seen on the internet in an endeavour to get Telkom to come repair my telephone line, I have already complained to ICASA but I beg you to read and do something to stop your employees, right from the supervisor at the call centre, Mondli Mzimelo, to Innocentia Tsoku, and Solomon S Masango from simply not...

7:21 am

Telkom SA SOC - cancellation of account

I have found telkom accounts services sorely lacking in proffessional services.I have tried to cancel an account for 6 months and have continued to get accounts for a telephone already disconnected. I have to wonder if someone is lining their pockets! From May month of this year we have been phoning, going in personally to telkom offices and still no joy.Could you please help

G
1:49 pm

Telkom SA SOC - selling contract with false information

Was sold a contract with false information. The sales representative sold me a router device which was supposed to work on both 2&3G as well as on both Telkom and Mtn networks. to my surprise I found that the device hardly ever connects. upon enquiring I was informed that the device is locked to the Telkom 3G network. this was not what I was sold . When enquiring about it the call centre lady said that nothing could be done and that I'll be held responsible for the two year contract. I then proceeded to say that this is breach of contract from their side as the have wrongfully sold the product to me with false info. She then said that the only thing she can do is to lodge a complaint with the technical department. Its been more than 5dayss and nobody even bothered to phone back.

T
8:29 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A cell phone account and new phone was obtained in my house keepers name. On requesting a copy of the fraudulent application form and fraudulent ID document, used to obtain the cell phone we were told that this information is Telkom Mobile's intellectual property and that we should just hand it over to an ID protection service and forget it even happened...

I
8:15 am

Telkom SA SOC - Terrible service - phone repairs

I applied for a contract at 8ta and after the contract was approved I waited 2 weeks for my device to arrive. Finally I received my device and the consultant gave me a micro sim (small sim card) and that device needed a regular sim card. So obviously I inserted that sim trusting the consultant and thought that device needed a micro sim. The sim obviously got stuck.

After having the device for less than a day I returned it to the 8ta store and they admitted to giving me the wrong kind of sim card and they then send the device to their repair centre in Johannesburg. I then got an SMS saying that I need to pay for the repairs as the sim card reader got damaged when the small sim was inserted. 8ta refused to pay for the repairs and instructed the repair centre to just take out the sim without repairing the sim reader. Finally after a month and a week the device arrived at the 8ta store in Paarl Mall. They then informed me that the device is there but the repair centre send the device open, which means the device insides was exposed.

I refuse to except that device as I got a new device which was handled and opened and couriered from Johannesburg to cape town open. Who knows what that device was exposed to.

1 comment
May 21, 2014 2:07 am

i cancelled my contract with 8ta in february 2014 since then i have received bills i also asked them to block my sim card becaurse its lost but when i call my number its still active im very dissapointed

Telkom SA SOC contacts