[Resolved] Sears / Treadmill / lack of service, attempt to overcharge
We purchased an expensive treadmill from Sears some years ago. Approximately one year ago it failed and we called for service. The service man came out and repaired the machine, which we paid for. The machine failed again and we called for service. Another service man arrived, walked in the door and within five minutes looked in his service computer and announced "there are no parts available, I cannot repair this." We were expected to pay $109 for this service call in which no service whatsoever was rendered. We do not intend to pay for this and will never buy another product from Sears. If something is purchased from Sears, serviced by Sears, then they should know before they dispatch someone whether they can service it or not without expecting the consumer to pay for a useless service call.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Mar 24, 2009
Dear Tony Soans:
I am very sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience with Sears’ service. My name is Brian and I work for Sears. At your convenience, I would like to talk with you more in detail about this experience. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can look for a solution that would more suitably meet this and any future needs.
Senior Case Manager
More Sears / Treadmill Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands Kenmore - washing machine
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite grab and go bottom freezer #74002
- Sears Brands - kenmore top mount refrigerator
- Sears Brands - screw my caliper while tire rotation
- Sears Brands - sears home service warranty