Having problems with Stein Mart?

Stein Mart reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 22, 2008. The latest review Return policy was posted on Mar 25, 2021. The latest complaint racial profiling was resolved on Nov 27, 2010. Stein Mart has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 94 reviews. Stein Mart has resolved 3 complaints.

Stein Mart Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 783 4662 (Customer Service)
+1 855 269 2139 (Credit Card Questions)
1200 Riverplace Blvd
Jacksonville, Florida

Stein Mart Complaints & Reviews

Stein MartReturn policy

I purchased 2 items on March 9th and received them on the 15th. I needed to return them. (30 day return policy)
The return policy is one of the worse in the industry. In order to start the return process, you need to email customer service, and they email back asking a series of questions. I started this process on the 18th. I answered all their questions and I've been emailing daily waiting for a "return address". I'm responsible for shipping costs. So how difficult is it to send me the correct return address, since I'm paying for shipping. The other upsetting thing is that I won't even get a refund to my credit card that I will only get store credit. This is ridiculous. It makes me wonder if I'll even get a refund once they receive the items back.
I will never order from Steinmart again. This has been the worst customer service ever.

Stein MartReturn policy

I accept that a return postage is not paid for, however I have made several attempts to return a dress, only to find the return phone # says they are closed... Or that they are not open until 11am central time. I was returning the dress because the pink color in the dress was much brighter in reality and I didnt like it. When I finally got a person to talk to for return instructions, it took many questions and 30 minutes on the phone to find out I needed to take a picture of the dress to show them that the dress was not the same color as presented on line. When they receive the picture they would decide if they could send me a shipping label, and then, if approved they would give me a store credit. I don't want store credit for a company that won't easily take returns, especially in a time of quarantine when most clothes shopping is being done on line. I shopped at steinmart for over 20 years, and this is no longer the steinmart we knew. Do not shop here.

Stein MartTop/SKU1682885520/ Brand(dressbarn)Style [protected]/ order# 2938

I ordered a top & recieved it in Feb 2021. order # 2938. it did not fit and did not like the longer length in back.
      I called your customer return # [protected] I spoke with a CSR who told me she would have a return label sent to me. I never recieved it after waiting a week or so.I called same # again. spoke with CSR who again said she would see that a return label was sent to me. I ask if it was coming to me by mail or email.She said email & I should recieve it in 24 hrs. Its been 3 days now and have not gotten it.I even ask her if I could just have the return address over the phone & I would pay the shipping, she said no she would have the label sent email.
      Not sure what your problem is with handling returns but would like this matter resolved ASAP!Nancy Savareid([protected]@comcast.net)or [protected]

Stein MartOrder 2607 - black halter dress

I have sent a few letters to [protected]@steinmart.com but no one gets back to me. I usually LOVE the quality of all your Stein Mart products and used to shop often in the store before the bankruptcy. I was very disappointed with this black halter dress! The order number is 2607. It is cheaply made and not at all true to size. The size XL seems like it would probably fit a small child! Needless to say I need to return this and get fully refunded the $47.75 to my debit card ending in 0726. Can you please send me the address and a return label so I can return asap. Thank you. My cell is [protected]. I hope to hear from you soon.
        Sincerely,
        Cheryl Deck

Oct 08, 2020

Stein Mart — Gift card

In August 2020, my friend bought a $25 gift card for my birthday in Sept. We were not informed, until thi...

Oct 07, 2020

Stein Mart — Unable to use gift card

As a result of the store closing, I am unable to utilize my gift card. I would be happy to use it during the...

Stein MartNever received dress I ordered

I ordered a dress online on 8/15/20 and never received it. I was charged $67.98 on my Paypal account. It was a navy blue dress. I am a senior citizen and can't afford to lose that amount. I didn't realize that they had declared bankruptcy. That's probably the reason they didn't email me a confirmation or a packing slip. This is no way to treat a loyal customer.

Stein MartService

I have been a loyal stein mart customer for many years, both in ny and fla.
            Iiam sorry to see you closing stores. Iam very disappointed in an occurrence a few days ago. Purchased a top, which was both available in small and large. Unintentionally put the small one in my basket. I am a size 40d so obviously didnot intend to buy a small one.
            Upon realizing that I immediately went back the next day to explain and asked could I please go get the large one. The manager (lillian) was unreasonable and rude, and told me absolutely not. I tried to explain not returning it just exchanging for the correct size.
            I hold a stein mart credit card also. Please adjust my balance since the top is of no use to me.
            Theresa raffa [protected])
            Sku no. [protected] (stein mart #286)

Aug 29, 2020

Stein Mart — Return

Trying to find out if my return was processed and when I will receive a credit This has been going on since...

Stein MartOrder no. [protected] (bianca cradle soap dishes 3 ordered)

Good morning. I three of the above soap cradle dishes which about 2 weeks ago which were expected to be mailed out within a week. Please note that I realize the Steinmart stores will be closing unfortunately but I would like an update to see if my items for this order are going to still be sent out. Please note that I ordered another item from Steinmart that arrived just as expected and I just want to make sure the items I ordered above are still in stock and/or are going to be mailed to me. And if not, I would like to have a full refund for the products and shipping.

Thank you so much.
              Kathy Halligan: [protected]

Stein MartRepresentative of the store Anne

Anne manages the fitting rooms at the store. She is very aggressive and rude. When I needed to use the fitting room, she physically blocked the way! I understand that I was taking more than 6 pieces of clothes to the fitting room (the policy states that you can take no more than 6 prices of clothes at a time). But her behavior was not appropriate toward me as a customer. Blocking the way to the fitting room? Talking rudely? Is it acceptable for Stein Mart employees?

I do not wish to shop at this store anymore, so my friends, because my friends also do not appreciate her unwelcoming attitude. It means that Stein Mart loses customers, therefore loses money.

I would like my local Stein Mart store replace Anne with a different employee who is welcoming, nice, and professional, so that I and my friends enjoy shopping at our local Stein Mart store.

Feb 18, 2020

Stein Mart — Managers

A lot Discriminations no Respect costumers They don't care about people only care is money...

Feb 15, 2020

Stein Mart — return policy - limiting returns - could not return items!

Well that awful policy is alive and well. My 88 year old mother has been shopping there for many years. She...

Oct 06, 2019

Stein Mart — red dot clearance

My friends and I shop Steinmart every week. Last week we were shopping the extra 50% off Red Dot sale a...

Oct 04, 2019

Stein Mart — racially profiled

On October 3rd 2019 I decided to shop while waiting to see a client .At your Camp Bowie location in Fort...

Oct 01, 2019

Stein Mart — customer service

On October 1, 2019 around 5:30 pm at Stein Mart in Bixby Oklahoma I have never been treated so poorly in my...

Oct 01, 2019

Stein Mart — management and the stein mart facility

For one, I would like to file a complaint on the the management at the distribution center located in lithia...

Jul 25, 2019

Stein Mart — shipping charged to elite card

On your website you state that with an Elite credit card shipping is free with $500.00 charged per year. I...

Jul 17, 2019

Stein Mart — employees

While my fiancé and I were walking around and picking out clothes for him to try on we noticed each employee...

Stein Martstore return does not credit a debit card

This is day 4 and I'm still awaiting credit to my debit card for a store return.

The purchase was made with a debit card - cash! The store refused to return payment to my checking account/debit card. The store manager said its steinmart's policy to not return cash or debit/cash credit that all returns from ANY card is treated as credit. It's 4 days and my checking account is still not credited!