[Resolved] Sears / customer service and delivery

5 Marion, IL, United States Review updated:

I puchased a tv from sears on 11/29/10 at 6pm, a sharp aquos quattron 60 inch, sales lady was very nice to me. the only thing good I would say about sears right now. I took the tv home, set it up started watching tv, and than the picture went black, small v emblem on front started flashing, and continued ..I called sharp and sears the next morning on issue from work. Explained to sharp tech the issue and he said to call him when i returned home to try to trouble shoot problem with a reset, in which I had to be home to do this, needless to say this did not fix problem. I called sears and said I would need another tv, their was no more on hand, so the sales person said it would take 2 days for me to receive a new one, and that I needed to Call back and talk to Denver the following day to get this reorder. So the next day I called talked to Denver on wednesday, he said he would order me a new tv and have it delivered to my home around Friday the following week. Here I sit with no tv and was told it would take 2 days, than now I am waiting over a week to receive a new one. This might not seem bad to some people, but I haved saved the entire year to pay cash of 2278.00 to get a nice tv for the holidays. When the tv was set up for delivery to my home I told Denver That I was a manger and worked 5 till 4 monday thru friday and I would have to have at least an half an hour precall before they delivered to my home so I could be there to recieved the tv..He sid fine, I even called the 1-800-number on the bottom of my receipt to sears deliverly to make sure I had this 1/2 an hr precall to my phone..Well now it gets there interesting, the deliverly which is a third party that sears hires from West Frankfort Il. called Riches, comes to my home and calls me and says they are at my house ready to give me my tv, and the man says to me where are you and I said at my job. And that I was waiting on a precall so I could be there, he says he does not know anything about a precall.So now he is leaving going to his next stop, So I called sears 1-800-number again and said That I never got my new tv, because no one knew of a precall . They said they would put another precall on the next deliverly on Friday of 1 hour to my phone, So here again I sit with no tv...Friday I am at my job, I get a phone call from the deliverly man stating he is 15 minutes from my home with my tv. I said I am at work and I would be there in 25 min., he said he is on his way to my home and will not wait...I said what hppened to my precall of 1 hr. agin he does not know anything. So I rushed out of my job took a 2 hr leave to drive home 35 miles and hopefully get there to receive my tv...Oh no The man calls his manager at deliverly office and explains to the lady that I would not be at my home in 15 minutes, so she tells him to go to another drop and forget about my stop. She than called me and told me this.Yes I was very upset when I heard that she had told them to take another route and to forget about me. So she did not even give me a chance to get there, By the time they got to my house and unloaded the tv and got the paper work together I would have been ther in a few minutes . But she did not even consider that, She said she would not be delivering my tv today..Here I am half way home and arguing with this very rude lady about a tv That I had TO wait on For over a week on because I had bought a broken one from sears, over a week ago and now I still can not get the tv because no one will give me the precall to leave my job on my lunch to get this tv . Yes i am very mad and said she took it upon herself to not even give me a chance to get there when I was supposed to had a precall on both deliveries and did not recieved any. She said she would take my tv to sears if I wish to pick it up there that evening. Yes, that is fine . I was very upset and she said to call sears 1-800 number that they were responsible for this . So I hung up on her and proceeded to sears in marion to talk to management. Here i am on a 2 hr lunch from my job that my boss did not have to even give to me, running around trying to get my tv. Please how can you treat your customers like this and hire a rude deliverly service to act like this to your customers. This is your company, you should pay closer attention to who you hire to deliver your products . I went to sears to talk to management of how I can get my tv, Paul was trying to help me. I guessed he called to check on problem and told me he would get the tv back to the store so I could get someone to come by with a truck to pick it up for me that evening. Needless to say he called deliverly company any the lady said she would not return my tv to the store today and it would be the next day. come on now this lady is holding my tv hostage for 1 day because i was not happy with her on the way she had handle the issue. And this is a sears product so if sears wanted it returned to the store and she works for sears, than how in the ...does this lady have the right to do this. Please this is getting way out of hand now. All I wanted was a new tv and not all this drama, Not only did this cost me time and money, I also already had scheduled direct tv to come to my home on saturday morning to install new service and dvr to this tv . So now I have to cancell direct tv about my new installation, because I have no TV. So now can you see the issue why am very upset with your company and your deliverly service that you have hired. I hired a friend to take the broken tv back to sears on friday night, now again.I have no tv . I work in retail, so why did not one person even suggest to offer me a different tv to fix the situation. I am very dissappointed with sears. I have been shopping their for years, But I will no longer ever step foot in their again. And I will be sure to express my event to other customers in the future... I want to Thank You for your great customer servcice... that I nevered received Michelle miller

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Dec 15, 2010

Dear mechel4,

I'm reaching out to you to extend an apology and an offer of help. I'm so sorry for the frustration and stress associated with your TV delivery. No matter the stage (store, online, auto or home services) Sears always strives to provide the highest level of service. I know we have let you down. My name is Scott and I'm with the Sears Social Media Support Team; we'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Left of Ordinary) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.
    Social Media Support Team

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Dec 15, 2010

Dear mechel4,

My sincerest apologies for the typo 'washer'. That should obvisouly read "TV". Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the TV was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience.

Scott J.
    Sears Social Media Support

Me

Comments

14th of Jun, 2018

On June 4th I purchased a out side shed in the amount of $641.99. I was dissapointed that it would not be delivered until the end of June. That seemed like a long time after all I had paid for it order # 872666104 . Then the 6th of June I pu
    rchased a refrigerator order #872730843 in the amount of $534.99 . ( I have been without refrigerator since then) I anxiously waited for delivery on the 15th of June they were to call the night before. I even ran to Norfolk Ne to pay the removal fee of $25. I was unable to pay fee over the phone or so I was told, I received an automated call telling me they would deliver between 9-11 am.I panicked and tried calling sears they were not accommodating at all I was on the phone 50 minutes they sent me to 3 different agents and NO help{ I work but I would be there at 12 noon I decided to cancel my orders asking for a refund and an inconvenient adjustment. Low and behold I was unable to understand the agent asking for someone to call me back that I could understand I was told they were unable to call me back that was not there policy . So now you have my money and I dont know who to talk to resolve my issue. I plan calling Mr. Lampert if Im unable to resolve this mess. Thank You for your attention in this matter.I sincerely appreciate your efforts. . Joan Schaefer 402-375-1295