[Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Washer / poor customer service

FL, United States Review updated:

First let me start off by saying Sears has one of the most untrained and confused customer service staff's I have ever had to deal with. I needed service on my washer this week and made an appointment early last week for this past Monday. My wife stayed home all day waiting for a tech only to get a call late in the day saying the tech was tied up and they needed to reschedule us. The appointment was rescheduled for today by a tech who (after and hour and a half), promised me a first appointment (8:30am) as there were two service calls in my area and he would schedule mine ahead of the other. I purposely took time off from my morning work schedule to make sure I would be home and of course, by 9:00am, no tech.

I called and explained the issue to Sears customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor after I was told that customer service techs have no business quoting exact appointment times to customers and a tech would be at my house between 8am & 5pm (which was not acceptable). I was placed on hold for twenty minutes and finally hung up after no supervisor bothered to pick up. I called back again, explained my situation (yet again) to another rep and asked to speak to a supervisor and was promptly placed on hold again for another ten minutes, with no supervisor picking up. Apparently Sears has an uncaring staff of supervisors who cannot be bothered to field customer complaints. If they "worked" on my staff they would very quickly be shown the door!

Fortunately a very nice tech (Eric) called letting me know he was on his way and arrived quickly handling my issue much to my satisfaction (no help from customer service). I am very sorry that I EVER entered into a service agreement with Sears and you can be assured that when the agreement expires I will be taking my business elsewhere. (Along with never purchasing major Sears appliances again!) This display of "non-customer service" is an embarassent to Sears and all who represent what used to be a top retailer.

• Resolution statement

• SearsCare's Response, Jan 18, 2011

To Mr. Richard Bergamini,

My name is Dianne with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. I apologize for the type of service you have received with our customer service departments. This is not the type of experience we wish for any of our customers to have. Sears has always stood for the highest levels of quality and service; we have deeply disappointed you, I am sorry. Our team would like to offer our assistance to you. Please, send an email to [protected]@searshc.com and provide your contact phone number. Once we received your email we will assign your case to a Senior Case Manager who will contact you directly and work with you one on one. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the item(s) were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Richard Bergamini) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Dianne D.
    Social Media Support Team

Comments

• Th
      16th of Mar, 2011

You say that supervisors can't be bothered to take customer calls, but it's more likely that all they are is bothered all day by idiots like you. They give you a time frame (8-5) and they're correct when they say that the tech has no business quoting you an exact time, because it causes situations like this, where you're complaining about the entire company because one tech couldn't keep the schedule that he told you he would, when the reality was that he was there in the window of time that Sears promised you.