Sears / Kenmore 1hp Garbage Disposer / Lemmon - faulty at the time of installation.. Sears will not cover cost of re-installation

1 United States

I have been purchasing Sears products for 30 years...this is the worst experience. Purchased a Kenmore 1hp Food Disposer (model #[protected] Serial # [protected]) and the following day had a 3rd party plumber installed it. The item was defective from the outset and I immediately called the Sears Warranty group they sent a technician who confirmed the lemon product. The nightmare starts now...2 hours on the phone with 6 different people and everyone kicking the can down the street...the result is that Sears will not pay to reinstall they will just replace the product...so for a defective item which is decidedly a LEMMON that I never used I will have to pay for re-installation charge...My advice is to not purchase any Sears product unless you intend to have Sears install it for you...unfortunately they do not say that in any of their documentation on the internet...As a result I will never buy a Sears product...