Sears / incompetent sales associates

1 Columbus, OH, United States

My wife liked a leather couch she saw at Sears and brought me to the store to check them out and eventually buy it (two of them). We sat in it, spoke with the sales associate and said Okay, we'll take two if we can get them this week. He looked and said they'll be here on Wednesday and someone would call you when they're in. No one called so we did and they were in. My brother and I picked them up in his truck and drove in the snow to my house. We opened the box and sure enough, the ### sold us the WRONG COUCH. We called and spoke with a manager (at 8:45 p.m.) We told him the problem and he looked the item up and said we got the couch we bought. IDIOT. We told him the saleman punched the wrong number in and how are we to know? He said he would correct the problem, give us a $50 gift card and have the correct couches sent to us and the incorrect ones picked up. He said he would call us by 10:00 a.m. the next day to get the order due to the time. He never called so we called him. "Oh yeah, I forgot" was his response. "Let me take care of it and call you back tomorrow morning". Again, never called. We called and spoke with the store manager and told him our issue. He said he would talk with the other manager and get back to us. Third time, no call back. We called him and he said he would take care of the problem and call us back. When we got home, we had a message from a woman stating our correct couches would be delivered on the 20th. We never got a call to confirm delivery and on the 20th, no one came. We called Sears and they said that couch has been discontinued. We again spoke to the Store Manager and he said he would arrange for our couches to be picked up and we would be refunded our money. He never called and we still have two couches we did not want. I have since made a claim to my credit care company and am awaiting a response. I cannot return them due to my health and Sears SUCKS when it comes to customer service.