Menu

complaints

Farfetch Complaints Summary

29 Resolved
147 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Farfetch's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Farfetch has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Farfetch. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Farfetch complaints 176

Sort by:

Newest Farfetch complaints

A
10:24 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Order number: VGSTUM Ordered 13/08/23 Returned on 17/08/23 DHL return tracking number: [protected] Hi there. I have asked for your complaints email multiple times now but I’ve been ignored. I returned my order back to you on 17/08/2023. My tracking number for the DHL return is: [protected]. I returned my order due to incorrect size. My order was then sent...

T
11:52 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch I only received and empty box from farfetch.

I order 2 items from them; Diesel handbag and sunglasses and Prada sunglasses. I received only handbag and a sunglasses box. The sunglasses was missing. I contacted them and this is what they said.

Sorry - we can't refund order RVR9JJ (DIG157128425)

Our investigation into your missing item has confirmed that our partner boutique did include the piece in the package sent to you. We also checked with the courier, who advised that the respective package was not tampered with before or during delivery.

I swear I don’t receive any sunglasses. I only have just an empty box.

9:04 am EDT

Farfetch Service

I called Farfetch ahead of placing an order that would go beyond their regular return policy. It was my partner's birthday and the gift date would be past 14 days of delivery. I was assured it wouldn't be an issue and an exception would be made in case I had to return anything. It's now time to return an item and Farfetch won't honor their promise. I keep getting the same response over and over again from their customer service team, without any actual resolution. We've order from them enough in our household. Likely our last order after this episode.

Desired outcome: Return label

Is Farfetch legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Farfetch as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 16% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Farfetch stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Farfetch should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Farfetch earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Farfetch achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Farfetch. The company provides a physical address, 4 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Farfetch has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Farfetch has registered the domain name for farfetch.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Farfetch.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Farfetch website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Farfetch.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Farfetch, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Several positive reviews for Farfetch have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

Farfetch website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Farfetch.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Farfetch has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 16% of 176 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Farfetch protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
8:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch They took some large sums of money from my bank account and I haven't even ordered anything from them

Yesterday, I received a message about withdrawal 3961 euro from my account by farfetch with no 2nd factor authentication, without buying or visiting their site, and even didn't register my card information on the site.

I stopped online transactions on the card immediately, then there were 2 other attemps to make other transactions with more than 2029 euros but was failed this time.

The transaction was so late that I can't contactthe police to take an action. My card provider can't help as the money still reserved.

This site is scam and shall be reported and stopped from online transactions.

Desired outcome: Please refund the money back, i didn't make any purchase from the site. I would appreciate fast refund.

View 0 more photos
Sep 25, 2023 1:58 am EDT

Stole money from my account without purchasing anything and with no 2nd factor authentication

amount is 3961 Euro

Transaction reference : [protected]

on 23-Sep-2023 10:19 pm GMT+ 3:00

Merchant Name : Farfetch.com

Card ending with ****9027

after that transaction, i stopped my card, then 2 more transactions was tried on my card, but the other 2 failed.

please refund me the amount of 3961 Euro

View 0 more photos
F
4:27 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi! My Order 3Z9XW8 is not getting refunded already more than 3 weeks! I placed an order on 13.08.2023 (655 EUR). When placing an order, it was written that the item will be delivered approximately on 17.08.2023 which was OK for me because on 18.08.2023 I was going on vacation for 1 month. On 16.08.2023 the item was not yet shipped. I realized that it...

L
5:26 pm EDT

Farfetch No refund after returning dress.

Purchased an evening gown from Farfetch (2,000$) and returned it the same day after not liking the fit from the back. Completely different of how it looked online. I’ve been waiting for a month for my refund. With the excuse that the dress had a thread. Which is a total lie. I packed it myself in an impeccable manner. They continue to say it’s the boutique’s partners fault. So up till today no money and can’t buy another evening gown for my nieces wedding.

Desired outcome: I want my refund.

12:03 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch Leather trousers were not in the package

I have an incident on 3rd of August, I ordered a package with leather trousers, leather skirt and shirt as a gift for my mother. When the package has been delivered it was in small box 1kg weight. When I opened the box there were no trousers, costed 390 EUR. When I wrote a complain they assured me that the situation will be resolved. As I was short in time for a present I bought one more these trousers, same size, same colour on 9th of August. This package arrived and was 1kg… after I wrote to Farfetch they said that they delivered trousers and will not reimburse me for missing one, as according to the weight all is ok, they didn’t count that one only trousers weighted 1kg, so if the trousers were available in the initial shipment it would be 2kg… the second shipment is only available via DPD courier website as confirmed delivery, when I open Farfetch website my orders, I only see initial purchase. But money from my account they took two times. They robbed me of 390 EUR…

Desired outcome: The issue is not resolved. Farfetch customer care team ignores my emails…

C
6:08 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch Refusing refund of missing item

Lately, I've ordered 2 times from FarFetch from AmiParis. I bought 2 T-shirts each time, and both orders were only one T-shirt in the parcel. The first order was refunded since the staff asked me for proof of the order, I gave them the invoice from AmiParis showing only one item was in the parcel.

But for the second order, the staff did not ask me for any proof, just said they will start an investigation. After 4 weeks, I got an email saying they could not refund because they asked the staff from AmiParis, and they confirmed they did put 2 T-shirts in the parcel. I found this ridiculous, then I replied and gave them the invoice (again like the first order), also I asked them to start another investigation. But after a few days, they just reply saying they cannot refund my order because AmiParis' staff confirmed. This is unacceptable to me, how could they just take their word instead of checking my invoice? Also, the very same thing happened 2 times, and they still refuse a refund. This is very poor service!

Desired outcome: Please refund!

D
4:34 pm EDT

Farfetch Refusing refund

So I purchased a few items from Farfetch for a recent holiday. Unfortunately the items didn’t fit so I requested a return of each item. There was seperate labels in each box and Farfetch arranged a collection from DHL.

When DHL came to collect, the chap said he couldn’t scan one of the items as the label wasn’t correct. I contact Farfetch who provided another label.

As a result of moving home at the same time and DHL not returning to collect the item, I forgot to chase Farfetch. After 3 weeks I contacted them and asked why I hadn’t had. refund (unknowing I still had the item!). The item was actually showing as being collected off the original label which was incorrect. So I didn’t think to look for it as Farfetch said DHL would sort it.

Then having moved and opened up our boxes, I contact Farfetch and made them aware I still had the item, it had not been collected. It is brand new, unworn and I needed to return. I have today been told that they will not collect or refund as it is over the 14 day return period - is this a sick joke?! It is their own fault it wasn’t originally collected, the their couriers fault for showing the item had been collected which in turn stopped me from looking for it.

Desired outcome: Return and refund.

A
10:40 pm EDT

Farfetch Zanotti sneakers

Few days ago I got email asking to fill cancellation form as shipper wants return sneakers without any explanation by the DHL, Farfetch or shipper never contacted. After I refuse filling cancellation form, I was told shipper doesn’t want to pay taxes, when it is written import duties and taxes included.

I had to pay 150$ for taxes, to avoid shoes sent back to Zanotti factory. Till now farfetch never contacted me and Zanotti customer service simply do not care as regardless of their factory being a shipper they asked me to deal with Farfetch and had zero customer support. Feel terrible about farfetch where I spent couple thousand dollar and Giuseppe Zanotti ignorance of any support.

Desired outcome: Luxury brands having terrible service this has to be changed, apology and compensation

L
8:40 am EDT

Farfetch Maison Balzac Pomponette Coupes

I ordered 2 sets of 2 glasses and only received 1 set. Farfetch is taking their partners word that both items were in the box that was shipped, the fact remains they were not. When I opened the box only 1 set of 2 was included. I weighed the box with the items in I received in it after being told the case was closed and the weight on the shipping label does not match what I received. I believe their intent was to ship the whole order but at some point a mistake was made and I only received half. What’s frustrating is they are telling me I received the whole order but I did not.

T
6:00 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch Quality and authenticity of golden goose shoes

My sister ordered me a pair of golden goose hi star sneakers in Dec 2022. I wore them once for an hour but they hurt my feet so I never wore them again. and they have been nicely and properly stored and 6 months later I take them out and the paint is pealing off on them and the “leather is coming off and looks weird. Then I searched the internet if they were maybe fake because real golden goose is genuine leather. And the toe box is supposed to look different if they are real. The shoes are literally falling apart and have not been worn, the quality is horrible and I do not understand why. They could be fake but even if they aren’t they are literally falling apart with no use. I want to have them inspected and or a replacement. I’m extremely upset. My sister owns 3 pairs and none of hers did this. I didn’t notice because I have not worn them. Or taken them out. They have been in the original form upon receiving.

Desired outcome: To send a replacement pair these are not what I paid for.

S
12:02 pm EDT

Farfetch Item Has Gone Missing When Returned

Obviously, I feel very vulnerable in this situation. I have no idea what happened and who to blame. I don’t want to accuse anyone unnecessarily. I can only assume someone made a mistake because, let’s face it, a luxury tie doesn’t seem like a popular item to steal. What’s disappointing is that we put a lot of faith in these systems and hope they work, and assume that if something goes wrong we will be protected. We lose significant trust when: we do the right thing, something goes wrong and the customer is left with the blame and to fit the bill. It’s a terrible way to do business.

Desired outcome: I'd like a full refund or at the very least I'd like a store credit.

11:08 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch Farfetch is a scam ripping off customers and makes it impossible to return damaged items

I bought a pair of Off-White sneakers that arrived in apparently good condition. I wore them for 1 hour and noticed the top of the right shoe was creasing. I contacted Farfetch immediately and was told it could take up to 45- days for the partner seller to reply.

I sent pics and waited patiently.

I’ve been told to go take the shoes for repair as the seller says this is from wear and tear, which is impossible. Just look at the shoes and you can see one is clearly damaged.

$570 later and 1 wear for 1 hour and I’m told to go get them repaired.

Buyer beware. Farfetch is a scam selling inferior and likely fake items. Once they get your money, they run. Do no shop here.

E
3:55 pm EDT

Farfetch Product delivery and satisfaction

FarFetch delivered a damaged box with no contents inside when I ordered a designer bag. After investigating the problem, FarFetch said FEdEx verified the delivery and would not refund my money! Now I'm out $300+, and have no handbag. I've never had my complaint disregarded, or treated with such disdain.

So I'm taking to social media to let even know DONT DO BUSINESS WITH FARFETCH!

Desired outcome: A Refund or replacement bag

C
9:37 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch Terrible Experience with Farfetch: Faulty Labels, Uncomfortable Shoes, and False Accusations

I have to say, my experience with Farfetch was absolutely terrible. I have never felt so frustrated and wronged by a retailer in my entire life. Let me tell you about my experience.

First of all, I tried to return a package and selected the time window for DHL pick up. The window is always 3 hours, so I picked 5 pm to 8 pm. But guess what? DHL does not work during that time! And guess what? Farfetch does not let you modify the pick up time! I was stuck with re-scheduling with DHL and explaining the whole situation with them because I don't have a DHL account. It was a complete nightmare.

Finally, the package was picked up. But guess what? It got to the DHL warehouse and they told me the shipping label is faulty. When scanning the bar code, nothing came up and they cannot ship it. DHL asked me to get a new shipping label. Now my package is stuck in their warehouse for 1 week because Farfetch still hasn't got back to me. It's just ridiculous.

But that's not all. I ordered a pair of Prada booties, and the sender was some random boutique I've never heard of. The boots were SO STIFF and uncomfortable, and I couldn't even put my feet in them. So I shipped back everything including the box, the wrapping paper, the envelope with all papers/receipt in it and only tried on the shoes for 5 minutes in my bedroom because they were too small for me.

But then, they falsely accused me of returning a package in a "bad condition" just so I HAVE TO KEEP IT. I have never been so wronged and framed in my entire life. I cannot believe the injustice I'm receiving, and they are not willing to provide any proof or details. Just a generic returns policy and "we cannot accept it". It's just outrageous.

After reading the reviews below, I've come to realize that 1) how does Farfetch make sure these are REAL from RANDOM BOUTIQUES? 2) This is a SYSTEMATIC SCAM where they sell fakes to you at real price, and make you keep the items. It's just horrifying.

And don't even get me started on their so-called "free shipping". It's a complete scam. It's not free at all.

Overall, my experience with Farfetch was just terrible. I would never recommend this retailer to anyone. Stay away from them if you can.

J
8:17 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch Disappointing Experience with Farfetch: Missing Items and Poor Customer Service

I recently made an online purchase from Farfetch, which included four items: a hat, a t-shirt, a scarf, and a pair of shoes. The total cost of my order was $2,105.64, and I placed the order on May 17th, 2021. However, when my packages arrived, I noticed that only two of the items had been delivered. The scarf and shoes were missing, and their delivery date was supposed to be May 24th, 2021.

I searched around my house to see if the missing items had been delivered, but I couldn't find them. I even asked my roommates if they had seen the packages, but they hadn't. I decided to contact Farfetch on May 26th to report the missing items and request a refund of $1,426.26. I also asked if they could reship the missing items.

Farfetch apologized for the missing items and said they needed time to investigate the situation. They emailed me on June 2nd to let me know that the investigation was reaching an advanced stage and that they would have an outcome for me soon. They continued to update me on the investigation throughout June and July, but I didn't receive a refund or a reshipment of the missing items.

On July 9th, Farfetch emailed me to say that they couldn't issue a refund because they had confirmed that my order had been delivered to the shipping address I provided. I was disappointed with this outcome, as I had never received the missing items and felt that the delivery person had made a mistake by leaving the packages in front of my house without a signature.

Overall, my experience with Farfetch was very frustrating. The customer service was poor, and I felt like my concerns were not taken seriously. I lost a significant amount of money, and I don't think I will ever shop with Farfetch again. I would caution others to be careful when making purchases from this website, as there is a high chance that you could lose your money if something goes wrong with your order.

B
7:10 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch Farfetch Review: Poor Customer Service and High Prices - Don't Make the Same Mistake I Did

Farfetch is a website that offers luxury items for purchase online. However, I must warn anyone considering using this site to think twice before doing so. In my experience, the company is a complete mess, with high prices and poor customer service. I would never use this site again, and I advise others to take their business elsewhere.

The way Farfetch operates is by sourcing inventory from other e-commerce sites around the world, which they call "boutiques". However, their poor management and customer service create significant problems for the customer. For example, items can be shipped directly from third parties, which can result in multiple return labels with conflicting information. This creates a logistical nightmare, as return labels are not linked to orders in Farfetch's system. When packages get lost, Farfetch will deny any responsibility, even if the customer followed the instructions provided. I personally had to deal with a lost return package worth $800, even though I used the return shipping label included in my package. Farfetch did not have it on record and denied ever receiving the return back. Customer service was unhelpful, providing boilerplate responses that went in circles. It took two weeks to resolve the issue, and in the end, I had to swallow the loss. I want to warn others not to make the same mistake I did.

Another issue with Farfetch is that they charge a premium compared to other sites. They claim to offer unique items from their "boutiques", but in reality, these "boutiques" are often other well-known e-commerce sites, such as Stadium Goods and Tessabit. You can purchase the same items directly from these sites at a cheaper price, with free shipping, and without the logistical nightmare discussed above. It's mind-boggling to me why Farfetch exists, as they seem to insert themselves into the process without adding any value or providing any benefits to the customers. Even when they are treating their customers in a shady way to squeeze margins, they are still losing money hand-over-fist if you skim through their financials.

In conclusion, I strongly advise against using Farfetch for luxury purchases. Their poor management, high prices, and poor customer service create significant problems for the customer. There are better options out there, and I urge others to take their business elsewhere.

H

Farfetch Farfetch: A Never-Ending Cycle of Blame Game and Blacklisting

So, I decided to give Farfetch a try and ordered a pair of boots for over 400 bucks. I was excited to receive them, but on the day of delivery, the UPS truck just drove past my street without stopping. I was shocked to see that the status of my order was changed to "Refused to accept the order. Had not placed order. Returning item to sender". I mean, seriously? I had paid a hefty amount for these boots and had not entered a random street address. I immediately contacted UPS, and they said it was a mistake on their end. They were ordered to hold the goods and eventually return them to the sender. After speaking to Farfetch, they said the issue was with UPS. I got back to UPS, and they said the issue was with the sender. It was a never-ending cycle of blame game, and in the end, the boots got back to Italy, and I was only refunded the amount of the item, not the shipping cost. I had to chase the support person to have them refund the shipping as well.

But wait, there's more! A few days ago, I decided to buy a pair of trousers. I placed the order, paid with PayPal, and everything seemed fine. But 30 minutes later, I received an email that the order was canceled. I tried again with my card, and the same thing happened. I opted for boutique delivery, so I decided to try and have it delivered to my door instead. I tried again with PayPal payment, and it was canceled. I tried with my card, and it was canceled again. I even asked my friend to pay with her card, and it was canceled too. I spoke to a few support representatives, and they said my payment was refused. But I had just used that card to buy Christmas presents, and I had no issues whatsoever. Farfetch even refunded a few payments, which means they were actually completed. The last time I spoke to support, they mentioned that their "goods are expensive, and they need to make sure the billing address is fine." They said in order for my payment to go through, I would have to send a copy of my credit card and a utility bill. What? Not only did I not receive my 400+ order, but I had also been blacklisted! This is ridiculous, Farfetch! I currently have more than 1000 bucks being blocked by them, and it's Christmas time. Don't ever buy from them, horrible retailer!

Z
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Farfetch Farfetch: The Worst Service I've Ever Received in My Life!

This is the worst service I've ever received in my life! I bought designer shoes over 3 weeks ago and was advised that I would receive them latest 7 days ago. I still don't have my shoes that I ordered for NYE! I called DHL to see where my package was, and I was advised that Giuseppe Zanotti needs to arrange for the parcel to be picked up by DHL from their store. I called FARFETCH immediately (over 7 days ago) to advise them what I've been told and what needs to be done. I was calm about it, actually overly nice if I'm being honest. So I called back 2 days later to make sure my message was clear and understood as I still couldn't see the parcel had been arranged for pick up and based off another discussion with DHL, apparently it was misunderstood.

So I let them know I was pretty frustrated now and wanted it sorted immediately. I was told someone will call me back in a few hours. I waited 3 days as I know it's a busy period, no one had called me back yet... So I decided to call back again, this time extremely angry.

I warned the lady I was quite frustrated and that it was probably best I speak to management straight away as I didn't want to take it out on her. Instead, she decided to give me attitude back, and no management was available to take my call. Clearly, the agent hasn't been trained properly in how to handle difficult calls because she asked if I just wanted to cancel my order? No honey, I want my shoes that I already paid for over 3 weeks ago. What a way to piss off an already irate customer as it was.

I requested someone fix the issue now and call me back? After being on the phone for almost 45 minutes, put on hold twice while she was looking for a manager only to come back and say no one was available. It's another way of saying "we have fked up really bad and don't know how to handle this call. Lack of support from management for their staff too, let them take the call for your lack of doing as a management team. I got an email from management but no call. I got the email over a day later, cheers. The email basically said it's been escalated, whoopty doo, I could do that too.

Farfetch should have done everything in their will to get MY shoes to me, but they didn't and haven't. I am beyond angry and will never use their service again. Absolutely disgusting service. I mean, come on, I paid good money for those shoes, and I expect to receive them on time. It's not rocket science, is it? I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to sort this out. It's not like I'm asking for the moon, just my shoes. I'm so disappointed with Farfetch, and I will be telling everyone I know not to use their service. It's a shame because I've heard good things about them, but my experience has been terrible.

Overview of Farfetch customer experience

Farfetch, an online luxury fashion retailer, has been receiving numerous complaints from customers. The most common issues include delayed or cancelled orders, poor customer service, and incorrect sizing information. Many customers have reported difficulty in obtaining refunds or exchanges for their purchases. Additionally, some have complained about receiving counterfeit items or items that were not as described on the website. Farfetch's high prices and shipping fees have also been a source of frustration for some customers. Overall, these issues have led to a negative reputation for the company and have caused many customers to seek out alternative retailers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Farfetch contacts