Ross Dress for Less / filthy merchandise

I have been to several stores in Salem, Oregon and Portland Oregon. Each time finding Used,Filthy items on the shelfs and hanging on racks. The worst is when I found a Pair of Mens Boxer Briefs. That were Stained with blue tranfer stains from obious wear. They also had human bodily stains as well.
To top it off the were marked at Full Price. I reported it to an Employee and got this look of confusion. Then the Employee had the nerve to asked what I wanted them to do with the Underwear.
I asked that she call the manager over so i could speak with him. The manager came and spoke with me. Was i suprised to here the answer to my question. As to why and how could any store put this garment out to be sold to any customer. His reply was simple " I have no idea how these underwear got tagged or put on the rack." Then he gave the Employee a funny look and walked away. Not another word.
I have since check everything over while there in the store. I've only been twice with my sister since then. I have yet to get over what happened. I have never had this hapen to any store that i have ever shopped in before. The Company need to put some kind guide line as to what they will put back on the shelf.

Comments

• Do
      7th of Dec, 2007

Why do you go to "several" cross stores in the area... if the experience is really that bad?

• Do
      7th of Dec, 2007

what did you want them to do, get down and beg for your mercy because you found a dirty or stained item on the floor, what exactly did you want.. an apology, more likely a discount.

Get real and live in the real world. Otherwise, go shop at Macy's... they are perfect!

• Ti
      11th of Dec, 2007

I have to agree, but yes the associate should have made things easier and just M.O.S ed them... into the garbage.

We find that kind of stuff funny, thats just something that doesnt happen very often, i bet they had a good laugh back in the break room.

• Fr
      9th of May, 2008

Yes it should have been tossed out not put out for sale. But do you take into consideration how many returns are done in a day? How much merchandise is in the store? It's not hard to loose track of a piece or two, especially during a rush of impatient customers at the registers. If you want to be mad at someone, then how about the revolting customer who stained the nasty things to begin with then brought them back to the store and put them into the hands of some innocent cashier. Disgusting.