Raymour & Flanigan / poor service!

In June 2006, I purchased a media table and hutch from Raymour & Flanigan on Route 17 in Paramus. When I received the first delivery, I noticed a number of flaws in the pieces. I called the store and was told to refuse delivery. The pieces were taken back and a new delivery date was scheduled. Unfortunately, the same thing happened on the second delivery. There were at 4 deliveries and one delivery was canceled by the manager at the Oakland warehouse after 'white glove service' found that the piece was undeliverable.

It took several deliveries before I realized that they were delivering the same pieces that I had refused!

After speaking with the manager for East Coast delivery, I was informed that the Oakland warehouse is small. As furniture is returned to the warehouse, the same pieces are brought out for delivery to a new customer. Interesting way of doing business!!

After spending too many days waiting for furniture, I finally accepted a piece that was specifically shipped for me from New York. It isn't up to my standards, but I was tired of waiting and scheduling deliveries.

I need additional pieces of furniture, but there is no way that I would ever consider using Raymour and Flanigan again. I don't have time to sit and wait for delivery of furniture that someone else might have refused because of damage!!!

Ju

Comments

7th of Aug, 2008

I am currently going through the same issue. Damaged furnature on delivery. Today I just scheduled the 6th delivery. Im not sure how they keep customers!!