Menu
RC Willey Home Furnishings company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

53 complaints
37 resolved 16 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by RC Willey Home Furnishings customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of RC Willey Home Furnishings. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
F
10:20 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last week we received delivery of our brand new $4000 stove. It was installed and the old stove removed. Upon departure, the installer said everything was installed and he had tested everything and I was all set. Once they had left I went to double check that everything was working and noticed the main high-btu burner was missing it’s cap and would...

P
1:29 pm EST

RC Willey Home Furnishings - Rep did not place my order

I ordered a sectional couch several weeks ago. We got a delivery date of March 8, 2022. We were going to Hawaii and would be out if town,so we got rid of our current couch. Five days before our delivery date I called to verify our delivery. They couldn't find our order. We finally found out that Hutch, our salesman, had neglected to put in our order so it deleted itself.

Desired outcome: They can deliver me the couch for free, including the couch.

2 comments
Mar 06, 2022 11:17 am EST

Hi Mr. Spieth.

We've tried to reach out to you so we may receive the necessary information and provide a very positive outcome. Without you providing said information, we can only assume your complaint has been resolved and a favorable outcome has been received.

Thank you for letting us know.

Mar 03, 2022 1:44 pm EST

Hi Mr. Spieth.

I'd really like to help.

When you say you ordered this sectional couch several weeks ago, how was the order paid for?

K
3:04 pm EST

RC Willey Home Furnishings - vacuum

We purchased a vacuum cleaner from one of the stores and the attachment for cleaning carpets makes loud rattling noise. We have been trying to resolve it with the store and have not had any success for the last two months to come to a resolution. We would like for new attachment to be send to us as this product is still under warranty . the store has not made reasonable attempt to resolve it.

Desired outcome: replacement of the attachemnt

6:44 pm EDT

RC Willey Home Furnishings - Customer Service at local store

I believe I was discriminated against in the Reno store. I attempted to purchase a recliner and was signing up for the free delivery for a year. I double checked before I paid to make sure that when they removed my current chair they would also take away the ottoman that went with it. The salesman and the customer service rep were both extremely rude. I asked for a manager, she also was extremely rude. The salesman called me a liar. He said they have NEVER taken away furniture. I explained I knew this was not true as they took a chair for my roommate when his big screen was delivered. I asked the salesman if he was calling me a liar and he said "yes". In the meantime, an elderly neighbor had a chair delivered last week and guess what - there were the delivery people removing her existing chair. I guess I'm just not old enough! RC Willey is a liar and I want an apology in public!

Desired outcome: Public apology and removal of furniture

Jun 09, 2021 9:50 pm EDT

I read your complaint with a great deal of interest Diane. O'Connor is not a name I would typically associate with discrimination. Sincerely, do you feel you were discriminated against because of your Irish background or is it based upon your youthful nature?

Many companies will not haul away old furniture. It can be much the same for old mattresses — they can be soiled, creating a health hazard for the employees.

You might try offering it for free to anyone willing to take it; if it's in really bad condition, there are companies that will haul it off for a nominal fee. Try 1-800-GET-JUNK and you'll have it gone in no time.

10:55 am EDT

RC Willey Home Furnishings - Dryer

I purchased a dryer that costs almost $600.00. I also have a 5-year warranty on the product. I called Customer Service and they said they would not come and replace the vent after some birds came into the vent. RC Willey did not put a shield on the outside of the vent to prevent this from happening. I spoke with April Young, Director of Customer Service in the Corporate Office, and she was extremely unpleasant and would not help me. This is a very unfortunate experience to feel that after being a good customer at RC Willey, that I would be treated this way. I also purchased the matching washer with them, and I have purchased TVs as well. I find this a very unpleasant experience for a customer to be treated this way.

Desired outcome: For customer service to come out and replace this vent with a screen attached. My neighbors have purchased dryers from other stores and their customer service provided this for them.

Apr 15, 2021 12:38 am EDT

After reviewing your complaint, I've got to question your line of thinking. The vent isn't part of the dryer. There is a vent, commonly, that's built into the side of your home that allows your dryer to vent out. It can have a type of cover or mesh that protects against certain "critters" from coming in. But that would all be between your home contractor and yourself. The vent connects to the dryer with a vent tube. These tubes are all about $5 and you'd, in no way, block this tube as it would not allow the dryer to operate correctly.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I know it sounds unpleasant. But isn't this rather like complaining to them about your television because your cable company or satellite is having a problem?

J
11:53 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased wood flooring to add on to our existing flooring. The experience was not good from the very beginning where we had little help from the busy salesperson in selecting the flooring, even though we brought in a sample of what we already had. We were there for over 2 hours. It then took almost 2 months to get the order in. When the installer came...

11:54 pm EDT

RC Willey Home Furnishings - Delivery

My neighbor, who is 72 years old had a mattress delivered on August 18th. Neither employee were wearing a mask! I asked were their mask were and was given a dirty look. You make an appointment at the store in order to secure proper COVID percussions yet the employee who delivers your purchase take no percussions at all? Because my neighbor is elderly I am very concerned about the lack of concern your employees have by not complying with this simple policies. Mask up RC Willey!

View 0 more photos

Aug 20, 2020 12:27 am EDT

Hi mrs roberts.

In reading your complaint, I could find myself agreeing with much of what you said. imagine my surprise when, after zooming on on the photo which you supplied that the employee is wearing his mask!

S
1:20 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When RC Willey delivered our order of a refrigerator, they put a big dent on the refrigerator and also made some dent on our wall. The delviery team told us to file a claim. We left two message to the claim department but it has been over a week, no one has called us back. We went to RC Willey Murray store, they told us to email "support" through RC Willey...

J
11:11 pm EST

RC Willey Home Furnishings - non-delivery

I was suppose to have a recliner delivered today between 3-5pm. I have received text's for the last 3 days for me to confirm this deliverey, which I did.

Today at 8:30 I received another text stating that my recliner was loaded on the truck and would be there early around 1:30-2:30, so I rushed up to the deliver address which was an hour from where I was.

At 5:30pm without my deliverer I phoned the number of [protected] and the lady said that my recliner didn't make it on the truck! I asked when will it be delivered after she spoke with the supervisor she said well maybe tomorrow!

I said No. I want a firm time. I asked to speak with the supervisor, I was on hold almost 25 minutes then I hung up. I called again and got a different lady she said the supervisor was wroking on it! I asked what the supervisor name was and she didn't want to give it to me. Finally she said Jasmine. No one was called me still. I want a total refund, and I will NEVER do business with your company again.

Jack Glueck [protected]

L
12:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I started a mattress warranty claim in August of 2019 RC Willey Representative explained you me that since I had an account in collections (a fraudulent account that was reported and filed for) that RC Willey would not honor the warranty October 2019 I then pursued the claim again calling the store I bought the mattress from. After having Precise Mattre...

E
12:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased and paid for installation. Took a couple of weeks to get it installed. It is not my favorite dishwasher. Doesn't clean that great and won't dry completely. Well, 11 months and the LC light comes on. Won't drain. Repair guy came out to fix it and needed to order a part. Came back and worked on it. So it worked for 6 weeks and broke again. Of course...

6:01 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, I recently closed escrow on a home and I immediately made my way to the new Delta Shores RC Willy's Store in Elk Grove Ca. I purchased a number of items including a very expensive bedroom set. I paid to have the items delivered. The first item was a TV console. The first item came all scratched up an was completely dusty. The delivery people advised...

10:38 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My daughter and I are both building new homes. We met our contractor at your orem store. Hugh I think is his name met us there as he works out of a different store. We picked out our carpet and laminate flooring that he showed us in our price range. Everything went well everyone was happy. We go on about 2 weeks picking out our cabinets and countertop...

S
7:22 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had a bed and box spring delivered on Friday of the Memorial Day weekend. After everything was unloaded we were told they forgot to bring the hardware to put the bed together, so we would have to wait until Saturday for them to come back with it. We said we would wait while they go back and get it, since we had taken apart the old bed and had no other...

View 0 more photos
12:54 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

One of your employees at the Murray location needs some help, not sure if he was having a bad day but as we approached he was on his cellphone he ignored us. I think his name is bobby, he completely ignored us specially when he saw our adopted son who isn't from here. We asked him for help with a TV but he said he didn't work in that department? If that'...

K
6:02 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've shopped with RC Willey for almost 30 years. My recent purchase, a sectional, has been a nightmare from the beginning. I have been given promise after promise that someone would return my call and give me assistance, with NO success. I called our sales person for three months, and never received a return call. I've been in to the University Mall...

H
4:45 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Went into RC Willey and found a entire living room worth of furniture and was told they were going to have a big Memorial Day Sale starting May 16th so I took a picture of what I wanted including the price tags and decided to wait two weeks for the sale. When the day of the Sale came we drove about a hour to RC Willey in Draper UT. and went to purchase the...

T
12:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

in September 2015 my husbnad and i purchased a $4, 000 sectional couch with the extended "bumper to bumper" wareently on the leather and all mechanical etc. Sales rep stated "you can have a knife in your pocket and tear the leather, dog urine etc it is covered - everything!!! all mechanical items and parts." we paid an extra $500. for this. 12 plus month...

8:03 pm EST

RC Willey Home Furnishings - bar stools made of press wood

Bought two bar stools at $450 each. They lasted less then 2 years before they snapped a leg. I found that the legs were made of Press Wood. A friend got injured when the leg snapped. She was just sitting on it, not doing anything fancy or dangerous

Notified the Store in Henderson and they scheduled a tech to come out and review the problem. After a week I was notified that they had a 1 year warranty the night before they were to come out thus I was out of luck.

These bar stool are DANGEROUS, somebody is going to get killed. RC Willy seem not to take this serious. Perhaps when others get hurt and the government or lawyers get involved then action will be taken.

Not what I consider a caring and forthright management

9:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a leather couch from RC Willey in Orem, Utah. My sales person told me that everything was covered under the warranty as long as it wasn't abused. This includes bodily fluids, rips, tears, stitching, etc. Well, my couch has a couple of small tears. I submitted a claim and heard back from RC Willey that they don't cover tears because they were caused...

RC Willey Home Furnishings contacts