Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Logo

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Having problems with Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

7230 Morgan Road
Sat7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun9:30 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

defective merchandise!

August 2007, I ordered 2 accent chairs from Raymour & Flanigan, Freehold, NJ. When they arrived for pick up at the store, one chair had a leg sawed off and the other was very scratched. I ordered 2 more chairs, and they too came in defective. The store Manager offered free delivery for 2 more chairs. I agreed and we proceeded to Customer Service to arrange for a delivery date. When we agreed on the date, I requested delivery to be anytime after 2:30 in the afternoon of the agreed date, as I work and couldn't take time off for the delivery. The store manager informed me that they wouldn't let me know the time until 48 hrs prior to delivery and certainly wouldn't be able to select a specific time. I explained again my time restriction: ANY TIME after 2:30 would work, but the store manager wouldn't agree to my request. He didn't suggest another day or anything, just kept saying he couldn't give a specific time. I told him if my time restraints, after 2 disastrous and damaged filled deliveries couldn't be accommodated, I would cancel my order. He said nothing and put through the cancellation. The store manager acted as though he didn't care about my situation. I will never step foot in that store again. Not only do they have defective merchandise, but they treat customers with disrespect and disregard.

poor quality and poor service!

We purchased a Sealy queen mattress and box spring from Raymour and Flanigan in Langhorne Pa. Three mattresses in a row were defective. Each time someone must sit at home and wait for the delivery. After the second one came defective I was promised by a regional manager that the next one would be inspected thoroughly before delivery to be sure that it was in perfect condition. The third mattress was in worse shape than the other two. At no time did Raymour and Flanigan offer anything other than an apology for all our inconvenience and even the apologies are few and far between. And the retail store where you purchase the merchandise wants nothing to do with you if you have a problem. You are then referred to the "Customer Service Department". This company has the worst service I have ever experienced in retail. Spend your money elsewhere.

12 pieces of damaged furniture delivered to my home!

Delivered 12 pieces of damaged furniture on 4 separate trips. For what? A 3 piece set... Sofa... loveseat...

fraud and cheating!

I made an appointment with Raymour & Flanigan for a technician to inspect our mattress & boxspring. There is a life-time guarentee. This is the 2nd mattress & boxspring that is defective within 5 yr (approx). They inspect it, just to say yes it is defective, then you pick out another one.

I set this appointment up approx 3 wks ago. I took off work. They stated that they would call 1-2 days ahead of time to schedule a 3 hr window for service. They didn't call until 3:25 today, service was suppose to be tomorrow. I didn't get the message until 5:30, when I got home from work.

They wanted to reschedule, the technician wouldn't be in the area tomorrow... I took the day off, without pay to be here, but they wouldn't do anything about it! I will NEVER, NEVER buy anything from them again.

• Ri
    rich Mar 21, 2008

Hello Everyone,

I work for Raymour and Flanigan. I think that if you look at any company that does almost a billion dollars a year in business a year, you will hear some horror stories that are legitimate. However, as an employee that has no reason to write this except for my desire to speak about my day to day experience when I follow up with my customers about whether or not they are satisfied with their experience working with us, less then one in ten people have anything negitive to say. When I call a customer and they say that they have had a bad experience, I do everything I can to make it right. The problem is that we are a huge operation, and all that people hear is when something goes wrong but the fact of the matter is that most, by far, when I call my customers, they are very happy. It is hard for me to read these complaints, and I know that they are legitimate, but I know that it is our companies mission statement "to deliver a work class experience." I work in the Norwalk CT store and want you to stop in and ask for me. I can not bet my life that nothing will ever go wrong, but I will do my best to make sure that your experience is the best that it can be. It saddens me to know my company is phenominal and people have not been happy with thier experience, but realistically, with almost a billion dollars of sales a year, we will have some problems that we are responsible for, but if you compare people that are repeat business, referral business, and people that are angry about thier experience, you will find that a profound number of people that have done business with us are very happy and we would not be successful if we did not please more customers then we have upset. I feel very strongly to say thisbecause I know that not everything is perfect, but we do try. I know first hand because I work for this still family owned company and feel that we try to truley be "World Class."

Sincerely,
    Rich Wood
    Furniture Consultant
    Norwalk, CT, 06854
    203-899-0705

• Mz
    MzKat Jun 13, 2010

I purchased a two piece sectional along with a dinner room table and four chairs from Raymour and Flanigan. I went to the store in Middle Village, Ny .The sales man was very helpful and very kind. My chairs for the dining room was a special order which took 6-8 weeks. They delivered my furniture on time. Because I had the furniture delivered in Delaware he even omitted the sales tax.
    He even called 2 months later to ask about my selection, and if I was pleased with my order.
    Yes I was pleased with my order and will buy from them again.

poor service!

In June 2006, I purchased a media table and hutch from Raymour & Flanigan on Route 17 in Paramus. When I received the first delivery, I noticed a number of flaws in the pieces. I called the store and was told to refuse delivery. The pieces were taken back and a new delivery date was scheduled. Unfortunately, the same thing happened on the second delivery. There were at 4 deliveries and one delivery was canceled by the manager at the Oakland warehouse after 'white glove service' found that the piece was undeliverable.

It took several deliveries before I realized that they were delivering the same pieces that I had refused!

After speaking with the manager for East Coast delivery, I was informed that the Oakland warehouse is small. As furniture is returned to the warehouse, the same pieces are brought out for delivery to a new customer. Interesting way of doing business!!

After spending too many days waiting for furniture, I finally accepted a piece that was specifically shipped for me from New York. It isn't up to my standards, but I was tired of waiting and scheduling deliveries.

I need additional pieces of furniture, but there is no way that I would ever consider using Raymour and Flanigan again. I don't have time to sit and wait for delivery of furniture that someone else might have refused because of damage!!!

Jason Aug 07, 2008

I am currently going through the same issue. Damaged furnature on delivery. Today I just scheduled the 6th delivery. Im not sure how they keep customers!!

unacceptable customer service and damaged products

I am beyond exhausted by fighting with raymour and flanigan to replace 3 pieces of brand new furniture. They lie and make it next to impossible to exchange my brand new damaged furniture. They are rude and they make empty promises. I spent over $3500.00 on a new living room set and 3 of the 5 pieces were defective upon delivery. I lost over $500.00 worth of pay for waiting for the delivery of my exchanged furniture which never arrived. A special delivery was placed and it was a no show by those schmucks! I immediately contacted their customer service and they basically called me a liar. I got so tired of fighting with them for over 3 months I gave up. Believe me you I let everyone know how horrendous this store is. Don't make the same mistake as I did!!! If you've had a good experience with this company then it was pure luck. You have better odds of winning lotto. Too bad this company lost my business because I'm moving and need to furnish 3 more rooms. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Michelle Jul 11, 2007

I used to work for Raymour and I have to say that this is one of the few complaints on here that I actually agree with. They do try and give you the run around for exchanges because they cost the company money.

Here's what you need to do. If you have not had a technician come out, call and make an apointment to do so. They can come out on Saturdays so you don't have to miss work. If the pieces are as damaged as you say, the tech will say they are not repairable and give the approval for an exchange. When they call to schedule the exchange insist that you want a Saturday. They don't like to exchange on Saturdays and you probably will end up being the last delivery of the day because there is so much furniture on the truck and they don't want to have to keep taking your old furn off the truck to take everyone elses out. Inspect the furniture very well BEFORE the drivers leave. If something is not to your liking, refuse it. They will bring another piece out to you. If something like this would happen, call the store and tell them you want a $75 gift card for your inconvience. They are more likely to give you a giftcard than money so I would try this route and buy yourself a nice accessory or give it to someone as a gift, they'll never know how you got it.

If you need anymore advice on how to handle this, feel free to email me.

Michelle Jul 15, 2007

Top 5 Rules for buying furniture.

1. Ask the sales person if this is the best quality furniture that they carry. Though you may not want to spend more money, sometimes reaching in your pocket a little bit more at the point of sale will save you money in the long run. You can also find pieces that are cheaper and are better quality. The sales people at Raymour are pretty honest. They want their customers to be happy because they want them to tell their friends to come in and see them.

2. Measure!! If you like something, put it on hold. If it's a special order, put it on hold, do not put a deposit down that is 20%. If you put anything down put down $5. Use the room planner. If you don't have a computer at home simply bring in the measurements of your home and use them on the room planner computer at the store. If you're not computer savvy, ask the sales person who greeted you at the door to help you.

3. Any deposit you put down, pay with a credit or check card. If you pay with cash or check it will take 7 to 10 business days for a check to be cut and sent to you. The store does not have the cash means nor the capability or the equipment to issue you a check so if you would need a refund it will be faster with a credit card.

4. Research vendors online. Read about what kind of wood the pieces are made of. If you're getting leather, ask what grade leather you are getting and if you are getting the top or second layer (recommended).

5. Purchase the protection plan. While it may seem expensive, the protection plan that Raymour and Flanigan is a great plan. It is 5 years from the day of delivery for any customer caused accidents. If they can't fix it, they will replace parts as many times as needed (sofa cushion) and they will replace the whole piece one time (sofa). You'd be surprised the things that the protection plan has covered. All you have to do is call within 7 days and remember that it was always an accident. The plan does not cover pet damage or bodily fluids. If it doesn't look like a pet did it than a pet didn't do it. Get my drift?

Raymour and Flanigan is a good company to buy furniture from. They have furniture for every income and are one of the few furniture stores that actually keeps pieces in stock. Please keep in mind that the stock is not at the store but is at a distribution center and please listen closely to the commercials... 3 days or less on INSTOCK merchandise.

unpleasant experience

A copy of email to:

Raymour Flanagan Norwalk, CT
Neil Goldberg President/CEO

I bought a couch and loveseat on February 17, 1007. I spent almost $2000.00 for the 2 pieces. The delivery men tried to deliver them but couldn't because they could not get it though the door after several try's, (not knowing that my couch was torn a small places and the bottom was loose from both chairs & couch.) The delivery men left the couch and love seat "per my request" because I told them it could fit through the back door and that was blocked off at the time, so they left them uncovered on the porch. They told me to sign the sheet that they delivered the 2 pieces and it was alright to leave it on the porch, so I did. That night I called the main store and let them know that the furniture was damaged and they gave me another number to call and someone would come and look at it. They said that they will replace it because it could not be repaired. Fine. The day they came to deliver the new pieces (per Patty) she told the drivers to take it back because I sign a sheet stating it was not damaged (which was not true). When they came with the first set it was not covered on the truck with plastic or the heavy blankets they use to deliver. Mines were opened because I went to the truck with them when it was opened. Patty was not reasonable about and quit rude. She said you sign the sheet and do I read anything before I sign anything. I usely do but I had so much going on in my house that day including the carpet men laying carpet on all the floors, so I trust what they said to me. All I wanted was for them to repair my set. For that amount of money all I want is what I paid for and she refuses even when my Husband called to talk to her and she said that there was nothing she could do to repair the furniture and I had to settle with what I have. I was discourage until a co-worker told me that he bought furniture and told me to write the CEO of the company today 6/8/2007, to see what can be done because I should not have to settle with it because I bought the programs protection and she would not give with that also. I need something done because if you are spending money and you are not satisfied you should get your money back or set replaced.

Mr. Goldberg I am still upset at the fact that I love the set but no one from that company helped me with this problem. Patty was unreasonable and unpleasant and she discourage me from buying the rest my furniture from Raymour. It is a principal if the customer was satisfied which I was not.

Sincerely Yours
Roberta Lawrence

• Al
    AL Jul 12, 2008

You'd accomplish a lot more if you learned how to spell and used proper grammar.

annoyed and unsatisfied with the service!

Never again will i buy or recommend to raymour, i previously purchased a 3 piece (sofa, chaise and chair) that is chenille, it never came with cleaning instructions. A little water spilled on the chaise and left a water stain, i called several stores and was transferred all over the place and no one could answer my question because i didn't purchase a protection plan. I went into the store and no one was of any help, i was advised by 1 guy to damp a towel or cloth and gently brush the product. It ended up worst. Finally after several months they sent someone to look at it his name was paul, he called and stated he was in the area 3 days prior to appointment date and wanted to come over. He was very anxious and started spraying things on it, that made it even worst, then the carbon monoxide detector started going bananas, he said that was normal. He then took a green magic marker and started to mark the spot i advised him i never ever seen anything like that before and stopped him after his first attempt. He took a picture and advised not to call the store until a week later for results because the picture have to be downloaded, i advised him i have a digital camera and that could be done in a minute. I then called the store spoke with a nice woman who advised he didn't call it in as of yet . The next day i called back and the gentlemen stated i was lying he never did that, she then started calling me a lier, i asked for her manager and was advised nothing could be done. I stated to them i will go through corporate because i never ever had or ever seen treatment or attitude from customer svc rep or management. Very unprofessional, i am filing a claim with small claim court. All i wanted was the furniture was cleaned or exchanged for a different piece or cleaning instructions for that matter. If i have to call the news channels and put this on tv i will. I am filing a complaint. I never ever wanted none of this to happen but i am annoyed and unsatisfied, agitated and didn't get any where. Paul acted if he was on drugs, i will also see if a drug test could be done, there employment web site stated drug free environment.

• Cj
    C Jean Z Jun 12, 2007

Chenilles are generally cleaning code "S": To prevent overall soil, frequent vacuuming or light brushing to remove dust and grime is recommended. Spot clean using a mild water-free solvent or dry cleaning product. Clean only in a well ventilated room and avoid any product containing carbon tetrachloride which is highly toxic. Pretest small area before proceeding. Cleaning by a professional furniture cleaning service only is recommended. Protection plans offered by the retailer that cover spot damages are usually always worth purchasing for reasons such as this...

Michelle Jul 11, 2007

I agree with the comment above. I used to work for Raymour and Flanigan. The Protection plan is more than worth the money for what the company offers with it. The technician that was sent should not have done anything to your furniture because you didn't purchase the protection plan. Had you paid for someone to come out that would be a different story. Also, I understand that digital cameras do not take long to download the photos however the technicians get their reports of whose houses they are going to for the week and do not return to the service center until the end of the week in which the pictures will then be uploaded to the computer. The techs go from house to house everyday for many times over 12 hours and can't be expected to have no life for themselves and do work at home as well. I understand your frustration, especially with people calling you a liar however, if you were unsure with what the tech was doing you should have called the store right away and spoken to one of the people in customer service. I would have suggested calling while the technician is still there. Everything goes back to not purchasing a protection plan. If it is a customers accident and they don't have the plan, that is the customers fault and their job to deal with it.

Michelle Jul 11, 2007

In addition, a drug test be done... are you on drugs yourself? You can't legally do that I'm sorry, that's not possible. I'm a law student so I would know. It is a drug free environment. Everyone who is employed by the company has been through an extensive drug and background screening. Stop trying to blame things on other people because you didn't get the protection plan. Just because you're upset gives you no reason to accuse someone of being on drugs.

Madelene Lopez Aug 10, 2007

Read this article to find out how unhappy me and my partner was.

Unbelievable how terrible their customer service is!!!

raymour and flanigan tried to pull a scam on me

I purchased a 3pc leather living room set from R&F and to my surprise, they we knock offs. They did not deliver what was displayed in their showroom. I was able to get my money back in full but still have a very sour stomach about the scam they tried to pull on me. I went to the showroom and confirmed with a sales associate that what I indeed had in my home was a knock off. She told me exactly what to look for and when I got home, BINGO, my furniture was proven to be not the original pieces they still have in their showroom. I write this in hope that if there are other consumers who feel they been scamed to look into the matter and hopefully resolve the issue. I feel that even though I have been refunded my full amount of purchase, It is not enough. I have undergone many hours of man time in investigating, phone calls, searching and not to mention how it inconvenienced my family.

• Mo
    Moon414 Apr 21, 2011

Amen to this review, I too believe they are NOT selling what they are showing in the show rooms. I believe it is used/refurbished/fixed furniture. I can NOT believe this store is still in bussiness something should be done!

Outraged in Syracuse

arrogance and rudeness towards the customers

Raymour & Flanigan
43 Hutton Avenue, Nanuet, N.Y. 10954

On Sunday evening, May 6, 2008 my husband and I entered the above Raymour & Flanigan store located in Nauet, New York to buy a bedroom set with mattress/box spring. Additionally, we decided to purchase a small sofa, all of which was fully paid for with a credit card. At that time, our salesman was courteous and helpful in selection additional needs for a home we are in the process of refurbishing. We were told, "your furniture can be delivered in two to three days." We answered, "no, please deliver our furniture next Friday because our floors are being refinished." The delivery should have been Friday, May 18th.

Wednesday, May 9th a call was received, from their warehouse, on our answering machine to confirm a delivery of our furniture on Friday, May 11th. The call was returned and told the delivery service the date was incorrect, we had requested this furniture to be delivered next Friday, one week later. The confusion was not explained, however, the service representative replied, it was not a problem and the delivery would take place next week as prior scheduled.

The problem started with our sales representative's phone call. He started with an argument directed at making us take position of the furniture on May 11th; what was reiterated the date of delivery was incorrect, whereupon he became belligerent, rude and arrogant in his attempts to pressure us to take position of the furniture. This sales representative raised his voice with obvious annoyance attempting to impose his will in delivering this furniture. This conversation was terminated and an additional phone call was made to cancel the entire order. A fex was sent with cancel across the order with specific complaints. Additionally, a store visit was made with sales slip to cancel order in person.

I will never attempt to buy anything from this company again, their arrogance and rudeness was enough to make me weary of their products and service.

Sincerely.

Robert and Brenda Harris

• Mo
    Morrigan ne McKenna May 27, 2010

I agree completely!
    My husband and I received our income tax refund last year and went to Raymour & Flanigan in Garden City on Old Country Rd. to purchase a new living room set.
    Same scenario- salesman was courteous while we were there selecting the furniture, he agreed to give us the throw blanket which was on display with the furniture we were buying. (Sorry I did not think to get it in writing!) We left a small cash deposit, and returned the next week with cash to pay for the entire set.
    After paying the entire balance in full, I threw the salesman a $20.00 bill as a courtesy. His comment to me was something to the effect that "Wow now I'll be able to buy a round of coffee for everyone."
    To add insult to injury, he reniged on the throw blanket, denied ever promising it to me, and had the brass balls to offer selling it to me for the exhorbant price of $75.00 ! All this after I just made a cash purchase of over $1, 500!!!
    The delivery men were alright, one was totally nice the other was sour and rude in the begining about removing the old furniture set outside for us, but $$$ seems to access you to all languages.
    The furniture is not very well made and we are deeply sorry we bought it.
    Bottom line, will never buy anything from this company ever again!!

very bad quality products!

my wife and I purchased a king size bed, a set of king size mattresses, two nightstands and a dresser. These items were delivered , I believe in 2/06. Around 11/06, my wife and I started experiencing neck and back pain. I call the Egg Harbor store of Raymour & Flanigan to complain. They sent someone to check the mattresses. The technician that came to looked at the mattresses stated that the mattresses were defective. The metal frame was also defective. They also had to add more metal bars to support the weight of the mattresses.

We were called by Raymour & Flanigan to come and pick out another set of mattresses, which we did. We picked the tempur-Pedic mattresses.

My wife started experiencing pain in her arms and neck, for six months my wife was dealing with the pain and taking over the counter medication. My wife started losing sleep because of the pain she was experiencing.

She went to have acupuncture treatments which gave her some temporary but not permanent relief. After $400. worth of treatments and the pain not subsiding.

We went back to her doctor and after going over certain questions regarding injury. The doctor then asked if would had purchased new mattresses. We told him yes, he stated that was the cause of her pain.

I went back to Raymour & Flaingan and explained the situation to the sales person. He stated that because the mattresses were about six month old that we were going to be charged the difference. We picked stern & foster mattresses.

The delivery person when they set up the mattresses did not secure the mattresses on the metal frame. My wife and I got in the bed and the frame collapsed and fell to the floor. They also scratch one of the nightstands when they were setting up mattresses.

We asked that it be repaired they told us that we were going to have to pay for delivery of the top piece. After again calling to question why we had to pay for something that was not our fault, they agreed. We are now waiting for the piece.

My wife's doctor sent her for xrays, three different types of test he also prescribed medication which made her sick, countless days of not being able to go to work, two months of physical therapy which she is still attending.

We are now paying twice the price of the original mattresses because of the quality of the mattresses being sold at Raymour & Flaingan. My wife and I will never purchase any items from Raymour & Flaingan again. They have lost a customer because of their service.

We feel we should be compensated for all the pain, suffering and inconvenience that my wife and I have indured, through this hold process.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

• Sp
    sparkie Sep 06, 2007

I noticed that not even your doctor suggested the problem might be the pillow. Blaming R&F for the problem is absurd.

• Ti
    tim roth Sep 13, 2007

Why don't you cry about it. Take some responsibility for yourself.

Miho Oct 07, 2007

It sounds like you and your wife are crazy. $400 on acupuncture, what?!! I'm surprised the place you bought the bed from was as understanding as they were because it seems absurd that someone would have so much trouble from 3 different mattress sets. Maybe your wife has something medically wrong with her like hepatitis or diabetes (they cause body pain). A bad mattress does not ruin a person's life.

joanne boyle Feb 11, 2008

You get what you pay for. Next time go to Bloomindales, Ethan Allen, or Thomasville, pay more, but by the sound of your complaint, nothing is going to satisfy you!

• Sm
    smart shopper May 19, 2008

Sounds like the problem is you and you wife need to go on a strict diet!

• Do
    DonnaB Sep 14, 2008

We purchased a Mattress from them- $1700. We bought the memory foam- Raymour and Flanigan brand- "Pisces" was the name of the mattress. Purchased it 8/2006- Within a matter of months- had sink holes where you lay. You can not turn this type of matress over. After several calls and with some hassle- they sent someone out to verify. They came and replaced the mattress. It is now 9/2008- had the new one a little over a year. Sink holes again- and my back and body just ache every night. I am only 140 lbs- not like I am a big person. I wake up several times in the night.

Marie Nov 07, 2008

First, I can not believe the responses you received concerning your pain and suffurering due to a defective mattress from Raymour and Flanigan. I am having the same problems from a mattress that I bought from Raymour and Flanigan three years ago. I am not sure when I started feeling the aches and pains but let me tell you, when I wake up in the moringing my body ache so bad I have to craw out of bed as if I am an old women; by the way I am 46 years old and I should not have to peel myself out of bed. My neck, back, legs every part of my body aches. I have to sleep on the couch where I get a better sleep and I don't have to peel myself up. The type of mattress I brough was a pillow top and I paid almost $1000.00. When I first got the mattress it had a bad smell like cigarett smoke and I could not stand the smell so I called them and they brought me a different mattress that was find in the beginning however three years later it's causing me so much pain. Raymour and Flanigan will be out to my house to check out my mattress on the 15th November.

• La
    lambert gremler Nov 30, 2008

i bought 2 dawson sofas &2 dawson ottomans 2/15/08, 9 months ago, ive been complaining 2 months after i received them how bad they were me and my wife have bad backs from them and never sit on them, when people come to visit they complain also, the quality is so poor its like sitting on hard board. i am trying to reselect to get something i can live with and they wont help . what is wrong with this company?

uncomfortable sofas

I bought a sofa from R&F in Yonkers, NY. My fault! It comes with a lot of pillows and I didn't sit in it long enough to realize how uncomfortable it is. There's really no back support and could only be comfortable for someone very tall with long legs. They won't exchange it and I'm out $1,000. I'm 68 years old the live on a fixed income. Please don't do business with them. They're selling inferior merchandise. BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Pa
    Paul Gregory Dec 13, 2006

They tell you the furniture will be delivered in 2 weeks. Then it's 4 weeks. Then it's 10 weeks.... and they don't care one bit. Their delivery company is separate from their furniture business and the delivery crew is even worse.... they couldn't care less about you, your delivery time or anything else. I bought once from Raymour- never again. That 3-day delivery guarantee is a scam- so ceveat emptor- let the buyer beware when you buy from these misrepresenters.... although rest assured their paperwork covers them so they are never in the wrong.

Charles Edwards Mar 19, 2007

I brought a sofa from Raymour & Flannigan November of 2005 and it was delivered in December. The day it was delivered I was not present only my wife who was 5 months pregnant at that time. She was not able to give a good inspection of the couch when the delivery men brought the couch in. 14 months later after looking under the couch I noticed it was damaged and looks like someone cover it with a patch that has since started to come off. after called Raymour & Flanigan in Yonkers New York I have be given the run around for over three weeks and been told that I would have to pay 45 dollars for the service charge to come see the couch. I am very upset because i spent over 7000 dollars in that stare and this is the service I get. I get the feeling their service is just as good as their products and will soon get the same reputation as Levitz.

• Gi
    gill May 01, 2008

my sofa and loveseat from raymour and flannigan was infested with mice, they agree to pick up their furniture, but they are not willing to pay for the exterminator, they have very poor customer service

No longer a customer of R&F Jul 01, 2009

I bought a sofa and coffee table from Raymour and Flannigan in April 09. the coffee table had marks all over the top. they sent a represantative to my home to buff the marks out, taking the mat finish (which I wanted) to a shiny finish. then a couple of day's later I dusted the top only to find all the marks have reappeared and won't come out. they have since ordered a new top to replace the old one. the new top is still pending, Hmmm, we will see. As for the new sofa, the seat cushions started to sag and the material began to wrinkle after only a couple of weeks. I called the store and customer service told me... now get this, the manufacturer made the sofa this way to give it "that lived in look". they also said they could replace the foam but with the same results after a couple weeks, or I could go to a to a higher density foam at my expense. I think they should have some employees sit on this sofa in the showroom to give it that "lived in look" so the consumer knows just what they are purchasing. My educated guess is nobody would. Raymour and Flannigan of Buffalo N.Y. sells JUNK.

they have no faith in their products

I purchased a living room set (couch & 2 chairs) from Raymour and Flanigan in October 2005, the salesman stated how they stand behind their products and convinced me to by the"Platinum Protection Plan" for only $199.95. This plan covers five years. Almost one year to the day one of the leather couch cushions started getting faded white lines on the brown cushin. This is labeled as NORMAL wear. I have never had a couch wear this fast especially when no one is home during the day to sit on it. If This is what this company considers normal it shows they have no faith in their products. They lost a customer and I will try to persuade family and friends not to shop there.

• Al
    Alyson Merget Feb 01, 2007

I also have a poorly made sofa from Raymour and Flanigan. The sofa is Broyhill, so I expected better (shame on me). The sofa is so poorly made we had to call in and use our "Platinum Protection Plan" for ripping seams within a year. After many phone calls, they sent out a technician who "fixed" it.

Now, two years later, the very same seams are ripping again. Apparently, once a problem is repaired it is no longer under warranty!!!! Not only that but the sofa cushions are now threadbare in some parts. That is not covered either. I won't even go into the delivery issues! Broyhill makes a terrible excuse for a sofa. R & F charged us way too much for it, they lied to us about how great their protection plan is. They are not standing behind anything. I don't know how they sleep at night!

• Br
    Brenda Jun 17, 2008

I also bought a living room set by Cindy Crawford designs and it wasn't even a year when I started to notice tears on the seams of the cushions and it became to look very sluggish. Their response was to fluff them up to make them look better. This is not acceptable and as of right now I'm in the middle of arguing back and forth to get this fixed. Cheap material!!! I'm sure Cindy would not like this publicity for her items.

customer service is very low!

I had purchased a love seat from your store in johnson city, n.y. In march of this year. I also took out the...

lie, lie, lie!

I purchased an entertainment center (4 piece wall unit) from Raymour & Flanigan for delivery on 7/3/06. I wa...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices