Mediacom Cable & Internet / Customer Service and Charges
I went back to being a Mediacom customer in January. I have had nothing but problems from the start. I rejoined Mediacom with a buy-back special. They promised to pay the bill for breaking my dish company contract. To get the refun took three months and numerous phone calls and trips to the local office.
Within a week of having a DVR it went out and I was not even able to watch cable. They were unable to come and fix it until I returned from a trip out of state. When I returned I found my bill that arrived for service included PPV/On Demand movies. I called to speak with them about this and explained that it was impossible for me to have ordered these movies as 1) the cable box did not even work and 2) I was out of state and not even home to order them. After much debate they took the charges off and told me to make sure I put in a lock code to prevent them from being ordered. When the next bill arrived I found that there was another movie charged to my account the very next day after I had put the "lock code" into place. I once again called and was once again told that the only way for movies to be ordered was through my remote and that I had to be ordering them (basically that I am stupid). I then began taking the batteries out of the remote when I was not home and stacking items in front of the box. After a trip to the local office for a different remote and another charged movie, I took the whole DVR system in and made them replace it. Each contact with the company, both by phone and in person, I was told the same thing, this is your fault. I thought the problem was fixed until I got a bill last month with two more movies charged and one more again this month. I have once more called and once more been told that this can only happen with my remote ordering them in my home and only one movie would be credited. This has become a very frustrating issue and will probably only be resolved by cancelling my cable and internet service. As Mediacom is the only cable company in our very large city, I guess they can do what they want.
More Mediacom Cable & Internet Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Mediacom - Terrible customer service! 
- Mediacom Cable Service - Horrible Service 
- [Resolved] Mediacom - Internet speed problem 
- [Resolved] Mediacom Internet - Return of Equipment 
- [Resolved] Mediacom - Scam charges 
- Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com - requested payment for modem and cable box
- Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com - cable internet
- Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com - returned box and modem
- Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com - services
- Mediacom Communications / MediacomCable.com - cable tv & internet