Mcdonalds / snotty assistant managers

1 Newton Falls, OH, United States Review updated:

I ordered a breakfast item and paid with my bank card. A few minutes went by and the order taker said that she could not find my receipt even though her cash register read that my order had been paid for. I asked for the amount so I could write it down in my checkbook and she muttered something, and I had to ask her a second time before she gave me the dollar amount of my order. A few more minutes went by and she looked into a bag that was sitting on the counter and said, "Oh, there is your receipt!". I asked her who had put the bag on the counter and the manager/assistant manager, who was standing not too far away, said that she had told me that my order and receipt was on the counter. I said, "No you didn't", and she said, "Yes, I did". This exchange went on a couple more times and I finally said to her, "how can you say that you told me that that was my order and receipt in the bag when the order taker did not even hear you... she was still looking for my receipt? I only got a cold stare . This store needs new management and has needed it for a long time. This store is never very busy and they still have problems, i.e. can't get an order right, rudeness and a long, long wait for customers. In the past several years, I have seen many customers just leave the store, myself included. After this last incidence of total rudeness, I will never return to the Newton Falls, Ohio McDonald's in Trumbull County.

Ca

Comments

• Bm
      9th of Aug, 2008

i work at one and managers & asst. managers are not only snotty and rude to customers but treat the employees like dogs in prison!!!

• Bi
      19th of Aug, 2008

Let's face it, you are never going to get the cream of the crop working at McDonald's.

• Fo
      11th of Jul, 2010

Disagree with that cream of the crop statement- some very motivated, capable, talented people have worked at McD's- but the general attitude of that statement is overwhelmingly popular- and the less motivated individual falls into it's trap... any honest job is worth an honest effort... but sadly, I too, have experienced the Newton Falls location to be slow, with lines backed up- while only one person is manning the counters and five, yes five, individuals standing around the grill/sandwich construction area, talking, not working...just talking! I was limited on time, and left after waiting over 10 minutes . NF does not have a high volume of customers- I've seen at Ft. Dix NJ- scores of orders during a lunch rush with only five workers- all done with the precision of a well oiled machine. It's a matter of pride- one needs to take pride in thier work- whether it's flipping burgers, filling gas, (they still do that somewhere in Ohio, no?) of flying planes! Just my thoughts on the matter.