Maytag Washing Machine / mvwb765fw0

1 calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I have similar unpleasant experience with Maytag. I bought a Maytag washing machine MVWB765FW0 from Lowes in Calgary in mid Feb 2018. I was assured that I will have a 5 years parts/labor warranty and 10 years warranty on drive. When the machine came, the warranty was only for 1 year. I called Lowes, and they sent me a picture of the floor model with a board clearly saying that it is on 5 year p/l warranty. I then downloaded a copy of warranty from Whirlpool. ca website, which also said a 5 years p/l warranty. I bought the Maytag model, which is more expensive than other comparable models, because of the 5 year p/l warranty. Maytag. ca tried to deny that though I have all the documents. They have to honour what they offered, or I will go to our Better Business Bureau to make a complaint.

Jo
Mar 6, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      6th of Mar, 2018

Hi Joe. Appreciate reading your concerns. The Maytag washer you've chosen its a wonderful product you're sure to enjoy. It is, however, back by a one year part and labor warranty and a ten year part warranty only on the drum and motor. Per the owners' manual:

FIRST YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (PARTS AND LABOR) For one year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is installed, operated, and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished with the product, Maytag brand of Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada LP (hereafter “Maytag”) will pay for factory specified parts and repair labor to correct defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major appliance was purchased, or at its sole discretion replace the product. In the event of product replacement, your appliance will be warranted by the remaining term of the original unit’s warranty period. SECOND THROUGH TENTH YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (DRIVE MOTOR AND WASH BASKET ONLY - LABOR NOT INCLUDED) In the second through tenth years from the date of original purchase, when this major appliance is installed, operated, and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished with the product, Maytag will pay for factory specified parts for the following components to correct non-cosmetic defects in materials or workmanship in these parts that prevent function of this major appliance and that existed when this major appliance was purchased. This is a limited 10 year warranty on the below named parts only and does not include repair labor.

Hopefully this clarifies any misconceptions.