Maytag Dishwasher / broken rollers on the upper racck

1 90 Locktown Serg. RdStockton, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 908 782 0842

The rollers which support the upper rack of my Maytag dishwasher broke and I was unable to obtain replacement parts for the rollers. After several hours talking to Maytag service representatives, the company sent an unrelated part. I contacted a local dealer who attempted to get the part through his supplier. He discovered that Maytag could not supply the individual roller; it was necessary to purchase the entire upper rack to replace the roller. The upper rack was $130 plus shipping.

My husband epoxied and redesigned the wheel attachment to operate the upper rack. I'm certainly disillusioned with the Maytag dishwasher. Previously I was annoyed with its noise level and its inability to clean dishes using dishwasher tab products. A seviceman explained to me that this type dishwasher should be used with a liquid dishwashing product and liquid rinse agent in order to clean dishes effectively. I will not purchase another Maytag and will definitely caution friends and colleagues about Maytag products.

Comments

• Ji
      7th of Apr, 2008

Sounds like we bought the same dishwasher. I will never buy a loud no clean maytag again. It's two years old makes noise, doesn't clean very well, been repaired once and now the rollers for the slide out basket are broke. you cant just buy the 50 cent roller they want you to buy the hundred dollar basket. to think I paid extra for this piece of ### a maytag

• Pe
      26th of Oct, 2008

I have the same problems, When it was 2 weeks old they had to replace the pump, it took 6 weeks to get it. It is noisy and does not dry things well. I bought a Maytag because they are said to be good, never again. My 15 year old Kenmore still out preformed this machine.

26th of Jan, 2011

I had the same problem too. Being an engineer I knew I could make a better wheel, so I did. They worked well, and I had some extras so I passed them out to others. Now we're making them and we've helped hundreds of people fix the basket rollers on their dishwashers. Check out http://maytagwheelhubs.com for more information. It's all written up there.