Maytag Dependability Plus / poor non responsive service

1 Richmond, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18773421446

This is the second time I've used my extended warrenty on my 2 &1/2 year old dishwasher maytag model MDB9600AWB. The first time I called Maytag Dependability Plus they said I should here from the repair Co. in 3 business days. Not hearing anything I called them again. I found out they sent the order to to a Company that had closed due to the death of the owner ( a very long distance call). They contacted another repair companey but again I had to wait 3 days before I heard from them.

This time I called & was told I would hear from the repair Co. in 3 days. Not hearing I called the repair Co. who had not recieved the order. Called M.D.P. again they had the wrong puchase $112 not the $650 I paid. I had to fax the sales contract before the would act. They recieved the fax & I was told it would take another 2-3 days to process. Here I sit with a broken 2 year old appliance awaiting repair.

Comments

• Pl
      1st of Dec, 2008

Maytag Dependability Plus Service Contracts are a fraud.
    After one technician didn't have routine parts (belt and pully) another service call had to be scheduled a week from that time. Despite having an appointment, a technician "wasn't available" to honor the appointment and I have to schedule another appointment. What;s the use of making appointment if they don't honor them? The Dependability service conract is a fraud and ripoff. Better to simply call your local appliance service man. UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE