Having problems with WaterBoss?

WaterBoss reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 19, 2007. The latest review PRODUCT HE HAVE TWO and only 2-5 years old and DONT WORK was posted on Sep 2, 2021. The latest complaint weak part break was resolved on Oct 15, 2013. WaterBoss has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 19 reviews. WaterBoss has resolved 5 complaints.

WaterBoss Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with WaterBoss Customer Service. Initial WaterBoss complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for WaterBoss above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about WaterBoss. Discuss the issues you have had with WaterBoss and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

WaterBoss Complaints & Reviews

WaterBossPRODUCT HE HAVE TWO and only 2-5 years old and DONT WORK

DONT BUY WATERBOSS SOFTNER SYSTEM - WE HAD TWO neither over 5 years old one just 5 years and the other not even 2 years We replaced our Softner in our house in 2015 have been have water issues for 8 months - it dont work anymore and have had to replace. We put a water boss also in our office / Barn Nov. 2019 that is finished two years will be this Nov. it isnt working either VERY UNSATIFIED~

Jul 29, 2021

WaterBoss — Don't provide, service, help yourself!

I am a 70 years old disabled senior with an intestinal condition that requires to consume the purest water...

WaterBossWater boss 950

This water softner has never added water tso the brine tank. I have called several times to the help line and have done everything they have sugjested and have bust in the parts they have sent me to fix the problem. But still no water added to the brine tank, I have added water myself. By adding water myself we have soft water.

Install date 10/20/2020. model #950 the ser.# [protected]. I would very much like to have it ether repaired or replaced! My address is 8170 Old Coventry Cr. Sandy Utah 84093. My cell phone # is [protected].

Thomas Kenney

Sep 02, 2020

WaterBoss — Pro plus 380

I own the Pro-plus 380 for 16 months. I Sent in the warranty card and followed all mfg install...

WaterBosswaterboss 900

Save yourself hours the guide is the worst guide I have ever came across. It will talk about the fittings that the company doesn't include. It will tell you on most sites not to use PTFE and in the guide but Please use the tape! Or you will have water everywhere. Like I did. After hours of cleaning water up. I went a brought 2 shark bite water softener connections it was that easy. Please save your time. The company has the worst CS ever. Good luck.

waterboss 900

Waterboss 380model#380 serial #[protected]

In the two years I owned it, I had to get replacement parts for the valves. The board failed twice of which one was covered by warranty. The customer service lady was very rude. I was excited that they were a USA company and fairly local.

Replaced by a GE in the same environment that I was told was causing the failures and no issues for several months. Far better performance over the four major downtime events that I had with this unit. I'm disappointed but at the same time I hope they succeed and fix their issue. They need to focus heavily on the customer service department.

Jul 12, 2019

WaterBoss — 380 pro garbage

No where on Any of there products boxes or literature or their website does it specify the maximum working...

Apr 16, 2019

WaterBoss — water softener model 900

Very rude customer support and only want to sell more parts when they have mis-diagnosed my unit. I am an...

Jan 11, 2019

Waterboss 900 — e1 then ho error

I contacted the company and they forwarded new parts. Good for them. I could not get the new parts to seal...

WaterBoss — waterboss 380 softener

I purchased my waterboss at menards and I noticed recently that they no longer sell them. That was a red flag...

Waterboss Water SoftenersModel 700

If you're one of the lucky ones that get a machine that stays working then good for you. But if it fails and I'll bet it does then you're on your own.

No service. The run a round from their tech line. Grossly overpriced replacement parts.

Had several other softeners over years and all lasted 10 to 15 years. Like all appliances they do wear out. But water boss didn't make it 5 years. Resin tank failed and the 10 year warranty meant nothing.

Do yourself a favor, avoid water boss.

• Da
              Dan Alwine Mar 01, 2021

After just a couple of years my 700 series fills up the brine tank after regeneration.

WaterBoss — 900 Softener

I am a landlord in a rural part of Florida. I began installing the WaterBoss 900 softener for my clients to...

Waterboss / Water Softener Pro Plus 380 — Has not worked right from the day i bought it

I bought a pro plus 380 on 8/18/2012, we have had issues from day one with it. I have called at least ever...

Water Bossweak part break

I had no choice but to use this size in a small place in cottage. Concept is of this ws is wonderful but parts are weak.
            I have much experinece with the water boss units. The plastic parts are not durable like most other units which have solid or heavier plastic parts to last longer. Lube parts with silicone grease to keep friction down. Parts I had to replace are:
            1) I have replaced the brine valve elbow assembly due to the rubber inside the float disinegerated which caused it to not suck brine.
            2) I had to replace the drive motor which the gears internally wore out.
            3) replaced the filmsy piston slide located inside the drive end cap assembly that cracked and would not suck brine or flush out in the reg cycle.
            4) had to take the brine valve housing assembly apart and re-lube the piston assembly with silicone grease which was sticking and wearing out the magnet dish assembly.
            5) had to replace the magnet dish assembly 2x:s do to being worn down on one and the other fell totally apart in pieces.
            If you start having problems I would have just go ahead and replaced the whole drive end cap assembly since that is where all the weak easy to wear and break parts mostly are and also replace the brine valve elbow assembly. Being a assembly eng I took time to break down all the parts and had time to see where parts were becoming loose and cracking. If you use iron out (use only if you had to) only add it at the bottom of the tank before you add salt. Iron out disinagrate plastic parts and eats metal so do not pour it on top of salt. My unit so far runs at the time I set it on delayed reg time at 4am.
            I set it this way...
            Hc (high capacity)
            96 canceled
            Delayed mode (4am)
            45 hardness
            I do add 1/2cup iron out once a month at the bottom of the tank when you see water, then add 1gal water and salt over the top of it so it won't corode parts.

Anthony Vecchio Feb 23, 2015

Do yourself a big favor, buy ANY water softener besides one by this company! Here is their answer for any problem you may have, "buy a new one". Really, how this company even stays in business with this lowliest level of cust service is beyond me. And please, water boss surrogates, don't attempt to belittle this post with your normal spin such as 'you obviously don't know water softeners", I do. Or the de rigueur one about "you don't understand the water level float". I do. If you spent half the time working with your customers instead of attempting to spin their comments about your lousy cust service maybe you wouldn't get these reviews. Word of advice, steer clear of water boss. Get a G.E.

Water Boss/900 — Bad Units

DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT. All the complaints you read about it are true. I am going to throw the unit away and...

WaterBoss 900 Water Softener — Poor product design, terrible customer support

After sending three messages to WaterBoss's on-line help department and not receiving a reply to any of...

WaterBoss — Terrible customer service

I just got off the phone with Waterboss customer service. I have owned one of their water softeners for about...

Waterboss 900 — Faulty waterboss 900 timer!

I cannot recommend the Waterboss 900. In addition to myself, my brother bought one and we both had problem...

WaterBoss Water Softener — Terrible customer service from WaterBoss